shape
carat
color
clarity

The worst parenting EVER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
just wanted to share my outrage live

Mark and I are at Friday The 13th as I type...the man/father is sitting next to Mark brought his two boys...they are both under the age of 5 for sure.

This is not a kids movie. And, if that''s not bad enough he let the 5 year old go to the bathroom alone and then left the boys alone so he could go to the bathroom five minutes later!!!!

I am sooooo tempted to say something
29.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I was around the same age when my Aunt took me to see a Freddy Krueger movie. I was scared to death, but I lived. They will too.
9.gif

P.S. I thought this was going to be about the 13 year old that is a father. This seems a lot more mundane than that. lol.

P.P.S. You're not supposed to use your cell phone during a movie!!!!! If you feel any projectile popcorn kernals you know why!
3.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''ve loved horror films since I was a kid, and would make my mom take me all the time. Don''t think I was five, but at 8, 9 years old.. oh yeah!
9.gif

(never lost any sleep over them either.)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t allowed to watch anything like that until I was a teenager (I couldn''t even see rated R movies!). I definitely agree that 5 is too young, not sure about 8 or 9...

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:34:59 PM
Author: luckystar112
I was around the same age when my Aunt took me to see a Freddy Krueger movie. I was scared to death, but I lived. They will too.
9.gif

P.S. I thought this was going to be about the 13 year old that is a father. This seems a lot more mundane than that. lol.

P.P.S. You''re not supposed to use your cell phone during a movie!!!!! If you feel any projectile popcorn kernals you know why!

3.gif
This was my thought when I read the post
1.gif

But I have to say, 5 year old to Friday the 13th...Wow. I was about 12 when I watched T2 Judgement Day, and I was so scared!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I agree - Friday 13th is NOT a movie for kids!!! It''s very intense and graphic!! I would never take a 5- year old to see that!!!

Imagine what he lets them watch at home...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen worse parenting, trust me.
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:14:19 PM
Author: Haven
2.gif
I''m with you
3.gif

My favorite so far was the obese woman at the laundromat who fed her baby (under 1 year for sure) coca-cola in a bottle
14.gif
She left him in a stroller, walked to the vending machine, but a coke, opened it up and poured it into his bottle for him. Ew ew ew.

There are much worse things, but I was just picturing that kid''s future trips to the doctor for diabetes diagnosis and treatment, life struggling with his weight, etc. etc. What a way to start your kid off right
20.gif

I see people in horror/action movies with very small kids all the time. I wouldn''t do it personally, but it''s not the worst thing you could do to your kids.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:23:46 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/13/2009 8:14:19 PM
Author: Haven
2.gif
I''m with you
3.gif

My favorite so far was the obese woman at the laundromat who fed her baby (under 1 year for sure) coca-cola in a bottle
14.gif
She left him in a stroller, walked to the vending machine, but a coke, opened it up and poured it into his bottle for him. Ew ew ew.

There are much worse things, but I was just picturing that kid''s future trips to the doctor for diabetes diagnosis and treatment, life struggling with his weight, etc. etc. What a way to start your kid off right
20.gif

I see people in horror/action movies with very small kids all the time. I wouldn''t do it personally, but it''s not the worst thing you could do to your kids.
Oh my god, now that''s terrible. Poor kid.

About 9 years ago I was taking the train from London to Edinburgh, Scotland. They had a smoking car and I went in to have a cig. I lit up, couldn''t take the smoke in the car, it was burning my eyes. Quickly put out the cig and started walking out when I saw a group of young ladies, one of them had a very small child with her. Under two years old. Anyway, that child was drinking (what i''m hoping was milk) out of a KingFisher (beer) bottle. She (think it was girl) couldn''t even hold it up so the mom was helping her with it. They were all laughing.
I was seriously shocked and thought it was a cultural difference. Asked a friend when I got to Edinburg and was told, no it''s not normal.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:34:59 PM
Author: luckystar112
9.gif

P.P.S. You''re not supposed to use your cell phone during a movie!!!!! If you feel any projectile popcorn kernals you know why!
3.gif
That''s what i thought it was going to be too!

Little kids will get over the scary movie, if they even understand. But deffinatly a bad decision on the parents part.
7.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Heck, I''m not even allowed to watch scary movies - otherwise, I can''t close my eyes in the shower for a week afterwards!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really surprised that more people aren't troubled that he let the 5 year old leave the theater on his own and that he left them inside a movie theater alone . . . for any period of time. Also, there can be no doubt that the movie is not appropriate for small children. I don't think the gauge should be that there are worse parents out there. There will always be worse parents, but that shouldn't make bad conduct acceptable.

But, I have no children, so what do I know . . . .

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:11:36 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
I''m really surprised that more people aren''t troubled that he let the 5 year old leave the theater on his own and that he left them inside a movie theater alone . . . for any period of time. Also, there can be no doubt that the movie is not appropriate for small children. I don''t think the gauge should be that there are worse parents out there. There will always be worse parents, but that shouldn''t make bad conduct acceptable.

I don''t think anyone is saying it''s acceptable, just that the thread is titled "worst parenting EVER" and many people have seen much worse. I think it''s just in reference to the title.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 10:15:03 PM
Author: neatfreak

I''m really surprised that more people aren''t troubled that he let the 5 year old leave the theater on his own and that he left them inside a movie theater alone . . . for any period of time. Also, there can be no doubt that the movie is not appropriate for small children. I don''t think the gauge should be that there are worse parents out there. There will always be worse parents, but that shouldn''t make bad conduct acceptable.

I don''t think anyone is saying it''s acceptable, just that the thread is titled ''worst parenting EVER'' and many people have seen much worse. I think it''s just in reference to the title.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . missed that! Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don''t think anyone is saying it''s acceptable, just that the thread is titled ''worst parenting EVER'' and many people have seen much worse. I think it''s just in reference to the title.
Yeah, probably not the worst ever, but I don''t think it''s kosher. What''s with parents trying to get their kids to fit into their lifestyle, instead of changing their lifestyle to fit their kids'' needs?

Depending on which coast you are on, looking at the time stamp, I say the movie isn''t even the main issue - those kids should be in bed soon!!

Signed,
The Sleep Nazi.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:19:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Yeah, probably not the worst ever, but I don''t think it''s kosher. What''s with parents trying to get their kids to fit into their lifestyle, instead of changing their lifestyle to fit their kids'' needs?

Depending on which coast you are on, looking at the time stamp, I say the movie isn''t even the main issue - those kids should be in bed soon!!

Signed,

The Sleep Nazi.

Lol, you might be the "The Sleep Nazi" but I would give up pretty much anything right now for my boys to sleep like Amelia does!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
As far as the movie being appropriate or not, well it''s not my kid or decision to make. Some kids can handle it, others can''t. Parents know their kids. I see it all the time here when we go the movies. But since it''s always late, the kids wind up falling asleep.
As far as the bathroom goes, personally no, I wouldn''t let my 5 year old go to the bathroom alone. As far as me going to the bathroom and leaving my kid, if he/she were alone no, in pairs, maybe. I just don''t think it the "worst" parenting. ever. In fact, this seems pretty minor to me.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I definitely would not take a small child to a horror movie... I know I saw them when I was little and it game me nightmares. It might even be the reason that I am still scared of the dark. Plus, I really like my sleep and I wouldn''t want to give my children any more reasons to wake me up at night!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Okay...first of all...the boy''s were about 3 and 5 years not...not 13. I''d expect 13 year olds to want to see FT13...but with a multitude of kid-friendly movies out there, FT13 is by far, far, far an incredibly inappropriate choice.

The father left his children alone three times...once when he let the 5 year old go to the bathroom alone, the second time when he went to the bathroom and left the boys alone together, and third time when he left the 3 year old alone to go find the 5 year old .... I don''t care what anyone else says or other experiences you''re are weighing against this one, this father was completely ignorant.

Secondly, for anyone has not seen the new Friday The 13th...let me tell you, it is intensely graphic...there is lots of nudity...and lots of sex. These are not things you should willingly expose children too...nope, no way. I would sooner let my child have a sip of soda before I''d expose him/her to a man having his throat punctured with a screwdriver, or set on fire in a sleeping bag...let alone let him/her watch two people "doing it" while showing full frontal.

I understand that children are exposed to many different things in mainstream media...however, I also believe that parents should protect their children when they are given the opportunity to do so.

Is this the worst parenting ever...probably not, no. However, in my opinion, I do believe what this man exposed these children to is boarder line abusive....not to mention that at any time during his frequent absences either boy could have been hurt or worse....

Oh...and when I was posting, it was the pre-show...not even the previews yet...no worries, I am a polite movie goer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Negligence is a type of abuse-- especially if it''s habitual. Hopefully their mother, or grandparents are better guardians. And if not, hopefully someone else will take an interest and help out.

But... well, I think worst parenting ever has to be people who extinguish their cigarettes on thier children, molest them, beat them... well, you know what I mean. Not to mention the people who kill their children, honor killings, leaving daughters to die at the roadside, drowning them, throwing them off roofs.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:23:21 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Okay...first of all...the boy''s were about 3 and 5 years not...not 13. I''d expect 13 year olds to want to see FT13...but with a multitude of kid-friendly movies out there, FT13 is by far, far, far an incredibly inappropriate choice.

The father left his children alone three times...once when he let the 5 year old go to the bathroom alone, the second time when he went to the bathroom and left the boys alone together, and third time when he left the 3 year old alone to go find the 5 year old .... I don''t care what anyone else says or other experiences you''re are weighing against this one, this father was completely ignorant.

Secondly, for anyone has not seen the new Friday The 13th...let me tell you, it is intensely graphic...there is lots of nudity...and lots of sex. These are not things you should willingly expose children too...nope, no way. I would sooner let my child have a sip of soda before I''d expose him/her to a man having his throat punctured with a screwdriver, or set on fire in a sleeping bag...let alone let him/her watch two people ''doing it'' while showing full frontal.

I understand that children are exposed to many different things in mainstream media...however, I also believe that parents should protect their children when they are given the opportunity to do so.

Is this the worst parenting ever...probably not, no. However, in my opinion, I do believe what this man exposed these children to is boarder line abusive....not to mention that at any time during his frequent absences either boy could have been hurt or worse....

Oh...and when I was posting, it was the pre-show...not even the previews yet...no worries, I am a polite movie goer.
Well geez, it seems to me that even adults shouldn''t be watching that movie!

I don''t get the horror genre. That''s just me. Thank god TGuy agrees.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Italia, I think usually I would''ve been in the "meh" camp on this one - if a similiar thing had not recently happened to Fi and I.

When we went to see the new (now old) Batman movie, it was a full house. There was a family with a couple of kids, and it seems they couldn''t fit their young daughter (maybe ~10yo) to sit with them. So this poor girl had to come and bravely sit on her own next to Fi and I, about 3 rows down from her family!

We felt so sorry for her - the movie was EXTRA LOUD - I mean I love my movies, but someone had stuffed up and it was Way Too Loud. The poor thing had her hands over her ears for the first 5 mins - I actually ended up going and alerting a staff member of the sound issue, and so they fixed it to just Regular Loud instead of Unbearably Loud, lol...

Not to mention, its a pretty dark and scary movie - not something I felt she should''ve had to sit through next to a bunch of strangers, yanno?
We would''ve gladly swapped or something, but they just didn''t seem to care
7.gif

So yeah, I love my scary movies and watched them when I was a lil ''un, but I know where you''re coming from with the being left alone thing..
40.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Secondly, for anyone has not seen the new Friday The 13th...let me tell you, it is intensely graphic...there is lots of nudity...and lots of sex. These are not things you should willingly expose children too...nope, no way. I would sooner let my child have a sip of soda before I''d expose him/her to a man having his throat punctured with a screwdriver, or set on fire in a sleeping bag...let alone let him/her watch two people ''doing it'' while showing full frontal.

Italia, I agree with you that the dad in this situation was behaving inappropriately ... but, seriously, you think homicidal violence is more acceptable than nudity? This is one of the things that puzzles me most about American culture, the divide in the attitudes concerning violence and sex. One is an aberration, the other, a part of life. One is more severely stigmatized than the other ... and it''s not the one that''s most common. I remain confused ....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a pity that children can't pick their parents. My daughter suffers from Type 1 diabetes (it's an autoimmune disorder that only afflicts 5% of all diabetics) and the management of her blood sugar is of paramount importance. I know of other parents of Type 1 diabetic children that let this go, and don't take proper care of it, and the children can go into seizures, comas, and even die.

This disease takes up a great deal of my day, and my 5 year old daughter has to wear an insulin pump and get 12 blood tests a day, and she has to be monitored closely by her school nurse as well. Although we are managing it very well, and her checkups are excellent, there are parents that just don't do a good job because they neglect it. To me, that is very abusive.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 4:37:42 AM
Author: Circe

Italia, I agree with you that the dad in this situation was behaving inappropriately ... but, seriously, you think homicidal violence is more acceptable than nudity? This is one of the things that puzzles me most about American culture, the divide in the attitudes concerning violence and sex. One is an aberration, the other, a part of life. One is more severely stigmatized than the other ... and it''s not the one that''s most common. I remain confused ....

Ditto.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It may not have been the worse parenting ever, but it was pretty inappropriate parenting. Children that age should not be left alone in a theater or sent to the bathroom on their own. It''s an invitation to sexual predators or worse. The material in the movie can be disturbing, on a long term basis, for some children. How do I know these things? I''ve treated the now adult "children" in my counseling practice. The question, for me, is do you want to take a chance that something will happen to your children? I wouldn''t take the risk, myself.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
How are children getting into an R-rated movie, anyway? Doesn''t the cinema has restrictions on who it allows to see certain movies? This is an issue we''re dealign with at our local cinema - because parents are bringing in babies and other young children to see very explicit movies filled with violence and sexual content. A lot of these parents are single mothers who, I guess, can''t afford or don''t want to get a babysitter for the night, so they make their children tag along. People are saying that if parents don''t have any standards, then the cinema has to set standards for them - and that the children should be refused entry to certain movies, even if they come along with their parents. I''m sure a lot of parents would get the message if that happened a few times.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 10:36:27 AM
Author: Sha
How are children getting into an R-rated movie, anyway? Doesn''t the cinema has restrictions on who it allows to see certain movies? This is an issue we''re dealign with at our local cinema - because parents are bringing in babies and other young children to see very explicit movies filled with violence and sexual content. A lot of these parents are single mothers who, I guess, can''t afford or don''t want to get a babysitter for the night, so they make their children tag along. People are saying that if parents don''t have any standards, then the cinema has to set standards for them - and that the children should be refused entry to certain movies, even if they come along with their parents. I''m sure a lot of parents would get the message if that happened a few times.
Well said!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 10:24:58 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 2/14/2009 4:37:42 AM
Author: Circe

Ditto.
Ummm...I am not sure what I didn''t make clear? I thought the movie selection--as a whole--was wrong. Nudity and violence as equal evils.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree that it was inappropriate...in fact, I would not even consider watching this movie MYSELF! Leaving them alone to go to the restroom was also neglect. You could have called social services. I have never taken my kids to movies like this, and I if they ever went, they were old enough to drive and pay their own way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results