shape
carat
color
clarity

The word on the street...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
is that my FF''s e-ring CADs will be to me by the end of tomorrow. You could say I''m excited.
emotion-19.gif

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/8/2009 5:53:41 PM
Author:justinislooking
is that my FF''s e-ring CADs will be to me by the end of tomorrow. You could say I''m excited.
emotion-19.gif

No doubt! Hope you''ll post them here for us to drool over when you get them!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
So I got the CADs back today. Keeping in mind that the ring will be engraved on all 3 sides and the wings will be "bright cut", what do you think?

It definitely looks a little bulky to me and I'm just praying that it will look good in person and after the excess metal is removed.

Another part I am having trouble with is the 'tentacle' feel of the part extending from the bottom of the wings. It looks funny on a big picture, but I don't think it will look bad on a tiny ring.

Also, do you think it is going to sit too high?

ButterflyJustin1.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great. The cads tend to show a thicker look. I was shocked at how delicate my actual ring looked after the cads

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fatastic, unique and one of kind! she will be thrilled!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with atroop, it is going to look gorgeous!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Renderings from CAD programs always tend to look heavy and rough because they represent the basic outline of the design and not a finished product which is polished. I''ve done a lot of work in CAD in the past and I think this is going to be a stunning ring!

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the response guys. You all gave me the reassurance I needed. I went ahead and approved the CAD images. I am hoping to have the ring by the end of the month.

I am really happy with Joe''s (WF) ability to imitate my original ring images with the CADs. I really wanted to give my girlfriend a one-of-a-kind ring without it being tacky. I feel that she is going to love this ring and be very proud of it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be gorgeous!

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been following your journey as mine basically mirrors yours. I also had Joe at WF do a semi custom design, he is great to work with, very patient. Your CAD looks exactly as you were hoping I think, you''re good to go......I''m banking that my GF will be impressed that I actually took the time to semi design a ring as opposed to walking into a B&M and selecting one, same as you....btw, my ring arrives day after tomorrow, definitely excited.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I think the CAD looks amazing! I''m sure your GF will love it! :)

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
The ring is supposed to be shipped today and I'm supposed to get the ring images! I've been crazy anxious all day. Last time I didn't get my CADs until 5 minutes after WF closed. I have 28 minutes until they close and I can't take it anymore!

*edit*
Just got my images!!! Now... is it right that I show them to you guys before my girlfriend gets to see them? It is quite pretty :D

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
Just to give everyone an idea - heres a photo. It looks way different with the engraving. I'm still a little nervous to see it in person, but I can already tell that it looks much dantier. I think the detail is great on the ring though.

I propose on Sunday!!!!!!

JustinCulbertson3_062409.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Wow!!! Its gorgoeous. The CAD didn''t do any justice at all or is it me who is lack of imagination skill.
9.gif

She will be thrilled. I am and its not even mine. Good luck with the proposal and don''t drop the ring
31.gif
Pls post hand pics when you''re able. Good job with the ring and good luck!!!
35.gif

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Boy I''ll say that the CAD rendering "definitely" did not do the ring design justice! Isn''t that beautiful?!?! Perhaps this thread should be re-titled "CAD renderings vs. Reality". Very nice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Justin! Thats all I could say when I saw the real picture. It came out stunning and I love it
36.gif
!
Congratulations...I followed your story from the start and I''m so happy to see the final result! Outstanding!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You should be so proud of yourself, Justin -- what a great design, and the execution by WF is gorgeous. I looked at the final picture you posted and thought, "this is a ring that will be passed down as an heirloom"!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, that ring is drop-dead gorgeous!!! She will love it!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see hand shots!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it looks amazing, she''ll be thrilled. I can''t wait for your pics!!!!
30.gif

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to take a long lunch and pick it up tomorrow! I am very excited. I was pretty nervous about the final product, because the CADs are so bland. The finishing touches completely changed the ring. I can''t wait to see it in person. Hand shots should be up by Monday.

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a difference the final CAD makes, great detail, it looks better than the first pics you showed. Am quite sure she will be thrilled.........the ring will be much daintier in person than the CAD.......no comparison really. Wait till you see that badboy sparkle in the sunlight. I''ve had my ring for a couple of weeks and take it outside periodically just to see the sparkles. 10 more days before I propose, waiting sucks..........but is necessary. Good Luck

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that''s beautiful.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Justin, I am delighted for you!!!!!!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Justin,

OMG, I LOVE IT!!!! You did a fantastic job creating your FF''s e-ring, she is going to be over the moon! Good Luck with he proposal!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Justin, I see photos of every single piece that leaves our place, and I have to say your ring is officially one of my favorites.

Nicely, nicely done! I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what a gorgeous ring!!

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
All of your comments are thrilling! Thank you so much everyone. The ring is beautiful in person!!! I will be posting in SMTR once I propose. I don''t know how I can actually wait 3 more days to propose. I''ll probably spill the beans before then, haha.

WF did an AWESOME job! I know we have had threads about examining rings under a loupe and how you are bound to find problems. Well, I got my loupe out to identify the diamond because I know the inclusion and decided to look at the milgrain, etc. The milgrain is PERFECT and I can''t find anything wrong with it even at 10x magnification! I am extremely satisfied.

I picked up the ring during lunch and showed it off to everyone in the office. People would not stop complementing. I was telling a friend in the office about WF and PS, because he is looking at getting a ring sometime in the near future. I told him not to buy anything without coming to PS first.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, WF did a freakin awesome job on this one!The detail and craftsmanship look incredible -
you must supply more photos Justin!

You should be incredibly proud of yourself to come up with such an elegant and original design, kudos!
36.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results