shape
carat
color
clarity

the wedding dress shopping experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bride_to_be

Rough_Rock
One of my bridesmaids introduced me to pricescope soon after I got engaged and I quickly became addicted to reading all the forums. It took me some time to get started with all the wedding planning because my mom lived a few hours away, and we really couldn’t find a time to get together and talk weddings. But like all girls do once they get engaged I did my homework. I found many dresses that I fell in love with both through pricescope and though other sources, so I had a very good idea what I wanted.
I was finally able to get everyone together, and a total of 6 people including me went to the Bridal Store in Fresno CA, Elegant Bride. As soon as we entered the store we were treated extremely rudely. They treated me like I wasn’t worth their time, and they just wanted to get me out of there. They refused to let me know what kind of dress I was trying on and refused to write down any styles down, even a file for them so when I came back they knew which one I had tried on before.
I found a few dresses that I liked, and I asked for a veil that would match the dress. The lady told me if I wanted the dress and was willing to put a deposit on the dress she would find the veil for me. I was so fed up with this lady I told her to have a nice day, and we walked out of the store.
I was extremely frustrated after that, and my mom suggested that we go to David’s Bridal since we had some time. I called them, and they said it wouldn’t be a problem to go in right then. Once I got there, I felt like a bride. They were gushing over me and were excited about helping me. I told the consultant what I wanted and I ended up trying on 3 dresses. Each one looked perfect on me, But as soon as I walked out with the Oleg Cassini style 5438 I knew that it was the one. My consultant found the perfect shoes and veil right away, and I was floored. It was perfect.
Anyway, I just wanted to post here because if anyone from the Central Valley is thinking about going to Elegant Bride, save your self some frustration.

l_8026bb8449bf4edf3f680a507edc14e6.gif

l_39ae84b1c7f3cf0efa43cb0737a4d21d.gif

l_70fa0c8a39e3356f30cf5823c576e01d.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks stunning on you! Congrats!
36.gif

Sorry about the crappy experience... I went to a store once where the salespeople were so stressed and pushy it was no fun at all!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous! That is one of the things I liked about David''s bridal, the ladies were so nice and enthused.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results