shape
carat
color
clarity

the walk down the aisle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 11:25:58 AM
Author: appletini
I like the FI meeting you idea, but here''s another idea. I grew up with my grandma (dad''s side), so she basically is more my mom than my real mother. I had my grandma walk me down the aisle, and then during the ceremony the minister had the families stand up and give us away. Then instead of the bride & father dance, I danced with my grandfather (mom''s side...he''s 95 and still drives and uses email). This way I was able to do something special with both of them, plus I''m not close with my parents and wasn''t raised by them, so no hurt feelings.
awe, that''s sweet.
eek, i don''t even want to think about the mother-son-father-daughter dance. sheesh! fi insists that he dances with his mom. i think i''ll sneek off to the restroom or something during the dance. makes me sad just thinking about it.
oh- and my GP doesn''t dance, period. fi mentioned me dancing with his dad and that his dad would forever be honored and grateful. but, i don''t know.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, jcrow, sorry sweetie about all of this....I wish there were an easy solution...

I really think you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable- be it your grandpa, walking halfway and meeting FI, or whatever. This will be your day- and you can do whatever you want....even if you have a friend or just someone who you feel has really touched your life- this person can walk with you too....

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow,

due to some recent family developments i''ve decided to walk myself down my own aisle. granted, it''s going to be an aisle of only a few yards (we''re doing the ceremony in a room adjacent to the ballroom at the hotel) but i''ve actually been feeling really good about it, like, hey this is my decision to get married to this man who i love, and i''m an independent woman with my own life and i can give my own self away! its rather empowering for me. just thought i''d share my perspective with you. it''s a very personal decision.

also, i think we are always trying to control the behaviors of those around us that we don''t like, especiallly dysfunctional behaviors aka grandpa overdrinking. if he drinks, he does...you certainly can''t control that but you can make your own decisions and choices. do you want to be worrying about grandpa the whole wedding, and his alcohol intake, or do you want to be focusing on you and fi?

again, hope i am being helpful!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results