shape
carat
color
clarity

The waiting is the worst, anyone else?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m currently waiting on two rings, a ruby amethyst mother’s ring and a ruby halo ring, both are coming from the UK and of course shipping takes a lot longer than shipping within the states.

Super eager to see if the ruby amethyst is a closed back, something tells me it is OLD but the seller’s listing provided no pictures of the underside. Also very excited to have found a ruby ring with old cut halo, seems to be possibly Victorian and will not need a resize so I can slip it right on. The ruby is synthetic, that hot pink color we are familiar with so I might name her Barbie :)

Anyone else eagerly awaiting some new treasures? Let’s hear all about it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m currently waiting on two rings, a ruby amethyst mother’s ring and a ruby halo ring, both are coming from the UK and of course shipping takes a lot longer than shipping within the states.

Super eager to see if the ruby amethyst is a closed back, something tells me it is OLD but the seller’s listing provided no pictures of the underside. Also very excited to have found a ruby ring with old cut halo, seems to be possibly Victorian and will not need a resize so I can slip it right on. The ruby is synthetic, that hot pink color we are familiar with so I might name her Barbie :)

A ruby halo ring? That sounds divine! A ruby amethyst mother's ring sounds gorgeous as well. I am so excited for you and can't wait to check back for pics. I hope they are everything and more for you. :)

Today I am waiting for a diamond/platinum ring jacket. The diamonds are baguette shaped. It's out for delivery and I need to leave soon to go into work for a few hours today. I hope it arrives before I leave and I hope it's as pretty as pictured. And.....I made an offer on a pre-loved OEC diamond ring. Waiting to hear back if I hear anything at all. I offered 85% but maybe the seller thinks the offer is too low.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lisa Loves Shiny, it’s a pink ruby, so probably more in the pink sapphire realm, the diamonds really set it off, I can’t wait to get it. Will definitely share photos when they arrive.

Oh and I do hope you share photos of your ring jacket and OEC ring (fingers crossed your offer is accepted). It is the worst when something is “out for delivery” and you have to go somewhere. I hope it gets there before you leave!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lisa Loves Shiny, it’s a pink ruby, so probably more in the pink sapphire realm, the diamonds really set it off, I can’t wait to get it. Will definitely share photos when they arrive.

Oh and I do hope you share photos of your ring jacket and OEC ring (fingers crossed your offer is accepted). It is the worst when something is “out for delivery” and you have to go somewhere. I hope it gets there before you leave!

I hope your rings come soon! My ring jacket came and it quirky but beautiful. I will post pics on the stack of the day thread. My offer was accepted for the diamond but the seller will not offer any refunds. It's an uncerted diamond and it's 7k so I will let someone less risk adverse buy the sparkly and I hope they have a good experience. :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your rings come soon! My ring jacket came and it quirky but beautiful. I will post pics on the stack of the day thread. My offer was accepted for the diamond but the seller will not offer any refunds. It's an uncerted diamond and it's 7k so I will let someone less risk adverse buy the sparkly and I hope they have a good experience. :)

Thanks, they should be here by Monday I think.

7k is a lot to be out if you don’t like it, totally get it. Alex Park has posted some nice OEC’s in lab material if mind clean isn’t an issue for you, they are really pretty and less than 7k ;-)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, they should be here by Monday I think.

7k is a lot to be out if you don’t like it, totally get it. Alex Park has posted some nice OEC’s in lab material if mind clean isn’t an issue for you, they are really pretty and less than 7k ;-)

Thanks for letting me know about Alex having some.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

we are all more than happy to wait with you =)2
good things come to those who wait dont they say ;)2
shipping waits are the worst though :(2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am waiting for a ring to be restored. I inherited it from Mum. It’s Art Deco and unusual. It had two awful diamonds in it and the instant Mum passed it on to me I took it straight into my jeweller. I’ve spent, oh, 25 years gritting my teeth as those two ugly weird diamonds spoilt it.
This ring is also a ring that my mother destroyed the centre diamond. She fell down stairs and broke her hand but was more upset about taking a hunk out of the centre diamond. The ring she bought for the centre diamond she also gave to me, she swapped the broken diamond in. This ring is also at the jewellers getting the lost and found ruby installed.
so I’m waiting on two rings.
I can pick the Art Deco one up next week.
this is the destroyed diamond ring which I’m putting the ruby in.
IMG_2178.jpeg IMG_8218.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Bron357 that is going to look amazing together!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One down! I’m going to start a new thread because I think this ruby amethyst ring is OLD and I want to get some thoughts on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results