shape
carat
color
clarity

The Vanilla Twins - my 1.80tcw OEC studs!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
These have been posted in TImeless Classics but I wanted to share them with the SMTB crowd too :)

They were sold to me as ~1.80tcw, J/SI OECs. I thought the colour would probably be in the K-L range from the vendor photos, but in reality they probably are J, maybe K. Around 6mm diameter, no eye-visible inclusions. The settings are original antique rose-gold 6 prong studs; I will have them reset at some stage but am still weighing up the options!

I am LOVING them - they are insanely sparkly!

Vendor pics first:

1.80OldMinerStuds2.JPG

1.80OldMinerStuds3.JPG

1.80OldMinerStuds4.JPG

PancakeCrowns.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
They are absolutely gorgeous!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are GORGEOUS!! I am soooo jealous!! They look like the perfect size in your ear! Congrats!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! They are gorgeous!!! Congratulations on a great find, pancake! They look awesome on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those ARE gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I adore the settings, too! They look to be in excellent condition! Please don't change them! If you really desire white metal, then I'd consider rhodium plating, but those are the best old settings I have seen!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
OoooO, I LOVE the whole thing!! The setting is just as cool as the stones!! They look great. Lucky girl! =)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I just fell over, pancake. Your earrings are GORGEOUS!!!!
Where did you find them? Lucky duck. They are even more insanely gorgeous on your ear!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
oh they are just divine!

i've been looking for a pair like that (don't tell my other half...)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I love the settings as well!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you find them? I love the backings.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
Those are beautiful!! I love the color and how chunky they are. Do you have the approx mm measurements for the stones??

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! They make a lovely pair!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have to say, as much as I admire many of the pieces I see here on SMTB, I am very rarely bitten by the green-eyed monster...but he has found me and given me a very big bite over these earrings!! I'm not too proud to admit that I'm very jealous of these earrings, they are absolutely gorgeous and something that I would love to own myself! I adore them, and personally I would keep the settings as is. They are perfect! Oh, you are a lucky lady, enjoy these beauties!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Those are absolutely gorgeous!!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! You are all lovely :)

They were a lucky eBay find - they were listed at an excellent price, I made a lower offer for the heck of it and we settled very close to that. In hindsight I was incredibly lucky; there are some nice OEC studs around on eBay but none in this size within even striking distance of the price I paid.

They are about 6mm in diameter.

Initially I toyed with the idea of resetting one of them into a pendant and the other into a ring, but now I can't being myself to - I love them in my ears and they are just really well-matched. Which means I am now looking for more atones for those projects :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
oh no, keep them as they are, they're perfect!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
They are absolutely amazing. The settings are TDF! Please please keep them! Rhodium plate them if you must, if you hate the RG on your skin, but pretty please leave them intact :bigsmile: Great find! The size couldn't be more perfect.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love them! More pics please...

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1297967637|2854025 said:
Ok, I have to say, as much as I admire many of the pieces I see here on SMTB, I am very rarely bitten by the green-eyed monster...but he has found me and given me a very big bite over these earrings!! I'm not too proud to admit that I'm very jealous of these earrings, they are absolutely gorgeous and something that I would love to own myself! I adore them, and personally I would keep the settings as is. They are perfect! Oh, you are a lucky lady, enjoy these beauties!!

I'll join you over here, Junebug. These are GORGEOUS and I'm green with envy. I :love: them the way they are-those settings are TDF! Well done for finding such a great bargain.

lokelani

Rough_Rock
:o *gasp!* I die!
:love: :love: :love:
WOW those are just insanely gorgeous!! The settings, the stones, the color, everything!! Amazing find!! :appl:

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Oh MY, what beauties! Lucky Pancake! :appl:

They are stunning, the colour, the size...

Wear in good health!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
pancake|1297973480|2854110 said:
Thank you everyone! You are all lovely :)

They were a lucky eBay find - they were listed at an excellent price, I made a lower offer for the heck of it and we settled very close to that. In hindsight I was incredibly lucky; there are some nice OEC studs around on eBay but none in this size within even striking distance of the price I paid.

They are about 6mm in diameter.

Initially I toyed with the idea of resetting one of them into a pendant and the other into a ring, but now I can't being myself to - I love them in my ears and they are just really well-matched. Which means I am now looking for more atones for those projects :naughty:
I had to come back for an afternoon sighting of your earrings. :love: Do you mind telling us who the seller was? I'm off to ebay right now...

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING....Absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I love everything about them and think they look wonderful in the yellow gold. I'm green with envy (in a good way) :mrgreen:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
ooh, gorgeous! +1 for leaving them in the current settings!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I love them! Love the color and love the setting too! I don't think you need to change a thing!

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Love them!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Tigian - the seller was jewelry_contact - Martin was incredibly helpful and went beyond the call when FedEx stuffed up big time. He seems to stock mostly signed pieces. I have his store bookmarked but haven't seen anything else similar so far.

I actually really like the colour of the settings - I am decidedly not a fan of the pinker variety of rose gold that is common now, but I do like the coppery tone of the antique alloy. My hesitation with the colour was that all my other jewellery is platinum and WG - but I do think that the RG is perfect for these particular stones. Thanks for your opinions, I definitely feel I'm more likely to keep them as they are now :) The setting style I have always liked - thought they looked a bit clunky in vendor pics but irl they are anything but.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results