shape
carat
color
clarity

The unthinkable - maybe a little "prepping" isn't a bad idea.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recall watching "On the beach" by Nevil Shute any years ago and thinking how lucky I am to live in Oz, we are so far away from everything!!! Also used to read those books "Tomorrow when the war began" by John Marsden and my sisters and I used to pretend to hide in the bush (we lived on a farm) and discuss what we'd do if it ever happened. To be honest that's still exactly what I'd do - pack up supplies & head out bush to camp & survive. I've grown up with some basic survival skills and can hunt if need be.

A post-apocalyptic world isn't what anyone wants but I think you'd be surprised at the sheer will to live by humans... :think:

i was thinking about that book again just before i went to sleep the other night

i just hate the thought of waiting for the nucular winter to arrive all the while knowing our freinds, realtions and neighbours from America (or where ever) are all gone

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My wife and I discussed this many years ago. I had some prepper friends that kept telling me to have at least a years worth of food and to get some more serious rifles for my hunting arsenal.

Our conclusion was that our house is not defendable after the war and we would quickly be killed by roving starving gangs if it should happen. We chose not to prep and to accept our deaths as a forgone conclusion in case of nuclear war.

Frankly, I could probably make it for a year or two on my own, but my incredible wife needs me now to take care of her and I would rather die than leave her alone. I know I am not young, and I also know I have lived an incredibly blessed life. Living or should I say scraping by at this point of my life does not seem like a worthy battle. I will be sad for my children and grandchildren, but I have no plans to burden them with trying to be sure that mom and I make it.

Brookzo

Rough_Rock
My wife and I discussed this many years ago. I had some prepper friends that kept telling me to have at least a years worth of food and to get some more serious rifles for my hunting arsenal.

Our conclusion was that our house is not defendable after the war and we would quickly be killed by roving starving gangs if it should happen. We chose not to prep and to accept our deaths as a forgone conclusion in case of nuclear war.

Frankly, I could probably make it for a year or two on my own, but my incredible wife needs me now to take care of her and I would rather die than leave her alone. I know I am not young, and I also know I have lived an incredibly blessed life. Living or should I say scraping by at this point of my life does not seem like a worthy battle. I will be sad for my children and grandchildren, but I have no plans to burden them with trying to be sure that mom and I make it.
"I had some prepper friends that kept telling me to have at least a years worth of food and to get some more serious rifles for my hunting arsenal." - if you truly plan to get one - just get something useful in every situation - usually people recommend 12 ga shotguns(semi auto shotgun that can shoot slugs or something should be pretty good as both hunting and defense firearm).

Yeah, in case of that scenario, home is not defendable by any means. Getting a rifle doesn't hurt, but in this situation, it won't do much.
The only scenario where I see having a rifle for prepping is hunting as a source of food to be honest. But then again, there might be close to no wildlife where you live and then it's pretty much obsolete.
Myself, I have a rifle(god bless living in rural area with whole lot of game around) and a decent amount of ammo stockpilled, but mostly i'm buying shelf stable foods. Those are definitely handy, basically saved a bunch of $ buying it 1-3 years ago compared to now due to inflation...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well just getting back to my covid supply stockpile
after having covid but with both of us not lossing our sesce of smell
all the food i had stockpiled was very uninspirring if somehwat healthy enough

so for goodness sake if it gets down to your last days on earth with or without your loved ones
dont forget the treat food, junk food, msg , red food colouring,over loaded with sugar, chips and chocolate and fizzy drink and icecream

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
well just getting back to my covid supply stockpile
after having covid but with both of us not lossing our sesce of smell
all the food i had stockpiled was very uninspirring if somehwat healthy enough

so for goodness sake if it gets down to your last days on earth with or without your loved ones
dont forget the treat food, junk food, msg , red food colouring,over loaded with sugar, chips and chocolate and fizzy drink and icecream

Yes..If it’s nearing the end I’m eating a whole carrot cake!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
...but how will we know when it's near the end, so we can overindulge in all this ooey-gooey sweetness? Or is it that we need to keep a stash of said goodies close to hand, at all times? :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
...but how will we know when it's near the end, so we can overindulge in all this ooey-gooey sweetness? Or is it that we need to keep a stash of said goodies close to hand, at all times? :lol:

We may have to have some practice runs. You can never be too prepared..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
that way you can weed out any thing not up to expectations in the stash
for example
1668299227288.png

Those things taste good for the calories..but they are evil. Trust me when I say don’t ever be in a room with someone that has one..:sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results