shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day RE size of the prongs, I actually thought of that when I was still planning my three stone and wasn't sure whether I want bezel or the prongs... you basically just want it closer to the stone vs sticking out. I think that would be lovely if they were closer to the stone, if that's what you want.

Yup! That is what I want. I sent pics of my old 3 stone from Sako to DK asking for the same prongs. The shape is great because I asked for rounded claw prongs but they need to not stick out as much.

BTW, you're gonna LOVE Sako's prongs (if you're going with prongs this time around).

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day - I'm not sure if you're looking for opinions, but feel free to ignore if you aren't.

I love the design - love it! But those prongs are sticking out waaaaay too far. The profile is far too protuberant from above. I'd be sending that back and asking for them to file them down; they'd send me NUTS.

I once had a similar problem - here's my before and after. (I hope it's obvious that the 'after' is on the right....)

Apart from the prongs tho - I LOVE it - and I love that you really beefed up the sides. It's a completely different look and a rarely seen ratio these days, and the jewelry world is the less for it! I think the impact will be major!

Hang in there - almost there!

Prong comparison copy.jpeg

Yes, thank you! It was you I was thinking of! I was trying to remember who it was that had a solitaire from DK that sent it back to have the prongs filed down. They really are sticking out too far. I'll compare with how Sako's was (off pics since I don't have the setting anymore) and will probably be sending it back for at least the prong repair. I hope I like the higher sides... I was hoping for something that curved around my finger a little bit more but like I said, who knows? Maybe I will love how I can see all the culets.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Got the email about an hour ago. I may make some changes but I asked DK to send the ring for now because I may end up loving it. He really does have the best customer service.

A few pics

0633A657-8778-418D-BA42-CF892CE8A559.jpeg
6CB8169E-6CCC-4F13-8F15-ED18082AD034.jpeg 901D5F9D-899E-430E-BD6E-264E2B462B2C.jpeg

Ok. Totally understand and agree with you on the prongs but oh my good golly this ring otherwise:drool::love:. And the melee down the side for some reason to me feels so unexpected but so GOOD. Ahhhhhh @Spring Day!!! Yayy!!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Totally understand and agree with you on the prongs but oh my good golly this ring otherwise:drool::love:. And the melee down the side for some reason to me feels so unexpected but so GOOD. Ahhhhhh @Spring Day!!! Yayy!!

Thank you! Can't wait to try it on!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Got the email about an hour ago. I may make some changes but I asked DK to send the ring for now because I may end up loving it. He really does have the best customer service.

A few pics

0633A657-8778-418D-BA42-CF892CE8A559.jpeg
6CB8169E-6CCC-4F13-8F15-ED18082AD034.jpeg 901D5F9D-899E-430E-BD6E-264E2B462B2C.jpeg

How pretty!!! Worth the wait.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Spring Day those stones are TO DIE FOR. They are so beautiful. I admire your ability to take such amazing pics of them too. I agree that the prongs could be a bit less "prongy". I saw earlier in the thread that you originally used Sako. Nothing against DK since many of us have used him of course, but just curious as to why you didn't continue with Sako if you liked him the first time?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm doing clean bezel with no milgrain with square channel set French cuts on the sides... should be another couple of weeks.

As someone that has probably had him make likely the most things on this board ( I'd guess I'd have the most items, could be wrong, he does my repairs too) he really does a lovely job in everything.

I really am frankly unhappy with anyone else's workmanship at this point, which sucks! I pay according!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, damn the faceting of those diamonds is next level. No doubt it will be truly spectacular when you get it back :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @springday what a fabulous ring!!! Those stones!!! Gah, so yummy! Love it!! It’s perfection!

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
As someone that has probably had him make likely the most things on this board ( I'd guess I'd have the most items, could be wrong, he does my repairs too) he really does a lovely job in everything.

I really am frankly unhappy with anyone else's workmanship at this point, which sucks! I pay according!

I think I'm learning that having really nice diamonds is just half of the journey....
having a skilled jeweler who is also a designer is extremely important.

I feel like a lot of diamond dealers are trying to design and failing because they are not warning/guiding their clients through the challenges.... same applies to some jewelers who are not designers

I have really high hopes for Sako :)

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee, you guys didn’t like the tease? I’m sending it back to DK to fix some small issues so I won’t be making an SMTB yet but here’s a couple pics I took.

70217530-8EA3-4801-B7DA-3CD226E01191.jpeg
4C20A748-F482-4A66-9342-5BE415F2E2C4.jpeg 0ED53C00-40AA-49AB-A95E-78B70B184E5B.jpeg

I'm in a similar situation.

Because my new 5 stone ring needs to go back for a couple of tweaks, I have only provided a "peek" of the video so far. I feel my new ring is a beautiful ring. However, it does needs some adjustments. As you know yourself, David is very easy to worth with. He wants his customers to be happy. I have faith in him. Now, I'm looking forward to when everything is finally prefect and I can then finally do an entire thread on SMTB for my gorgeous 5 stone bezel anniversary ring. After having had it on my hand, I feel sad about having to part with it for a while. Just like you must with your new 3 stone ring.

Maybe we'll both end up posting on SMTB at the same time. LOL. We're both back in the "waiting" club again.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day those stones are TO DIE FOR. They are so beautiful. I admire your ability to take such amazing pics of them too. I agree that the prongs could be a bit less "prongy". I saw earlier in the thread that you originally used Sako. Nothing against DK since many of us have used him of course, but just curious as to why you didn't continue with Sako if you liked him the first time?
Thank you! Just a different direction this time.

@Spring Day, it is gorgeous!! Those diamonds are beautiful and the the ring has great finger coverage! I'm sorry you have to part with it but it will be perfect when you get it back.
Thank you! I hope it won't be too long! I don't know if I can wait another 5 weeks!

@Spring Day, damn the faceting of those diamonds is next level. No doubt it will be truly spectacular when you get it back :appl:
Thank you @YadaYadaYada they are some damn good facets, aren't they! Can't wait to be done and take some real pics and do my SMTB!

You know how I feel about your ring, @Spring Day ...it‘s perfection
Yes I do! LOVE YOU LOTS!

Wow @springday what a fabulous ring!!! Those stones!!! Gah, so yummy! Love it!! It’s perfection!
Why thank you @Slick1!

I'm in a similar situation.

Because my new 5 stone ring needs to go back for a couple of tweaks, I have only provided a "peek" of the video so far. I feel my new ring is a beautiful ring. However, it does needs some adjustments. As you know yourself, David is very easy to worth with. He wants his customers to be happy. I have faith in him. Now, I'm looking forward to when everything is finally prefect and I can then finally do an entire thread on SMTB for my gorgeous 5 stone bezel anniversary ring. After having had it on my hand, I feel sad about having to part with it for a while. Just like you must with your new 3 stone ring.

Maybe we'll both end up posting on SMTB at the same time. LOL. We're both back in the "waiting" club again.
I went back and saw the video! Its so pretty and unique! So does he have it already and he's fixing it? How much longer do you have to wait? I apologize if you've already mentioned it, but what was wrong?
You're right though, at least we're back in the club and waiting with each other! I emailed DK tonight with the specific changes I want but told him I'm not gonna send the ring back until after memorial. I get to finally see my brother and my sister in law, who live 4 hours away, now that we're all vaccinated and I wanna show them my ring! :cool2:

Looking forward to your SMTB!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Just a different direction this time.

Thank you! I hope it won't be too long! I don't know if I can wait another 5 weeks!

Thank you @YadaYadaYada they are some damn good facets, aren't they! Can't wait to be done and take some real pics and do my SMTB!

Yes I do! LOVE YOU LOTS!

Why thank you @Slick1!

I went back and saw the video! Its so pretty and unique! So does he have it already and he's fixing it? How much longer do you have to wait? I apologize if you've already mentioned it, but what was wrong?
You're right though, at least we're back in the club and waiting with each other! I emailed DK tonight with the specific changes I want but told him I'm not gonna send the ring back until after memorial. I get to finally see my brother and my sister in law, who live 4 hours away, now that we're all vaccinated and I wanna show them my ring! :cool2:

Looking forward to your SMTB!A
Although David and I have talked about the problem, I have postponed sending my ring back to him for the needed changes. I really don't want to let it go... I still have the ring here. But now, I'm no longer wearing it.

I was hoping that if I wore my new ring for while, I'd eventually get used to the feeling & be able to overlook the problem. I've waited so long for this gorgeous ring. Although I instantly noticed the glitch, I still really, really, really didn't want to part with my new ring for any reason.

Determined to keep it (even as is), I wore my ring 24/7 for couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I finally had to admit that I no longer can go on without getting the problem solved. My gorgeous ring is now just sitting in the ring box. It belongs on my hand.

I want to wear it... all the time; everyday!!! That's why I got it. So I'm going to have to bite the bullet and let David have it back for a little while. He said he can correct things. So the story will eventually have a happy ending. Just like with your ring.

I'll probably keep my ring until after Memorial Day before sending it back. So it looks like you & I are pretty much running on a similar time line.

Meanwhile, I've just started the wait on another ring that I'm having David make for our 2021 anniversary in June. That should be done much faster than my 5 stone was.

The 5 stone ring was supposed to be for a big milestone anniversary back in June 2020. I started to work with a local jeweler for that anniversary in March/April 2020. Unfortunately, things didn't work out with her. Long story. She wasn't easy to deal with. When she finally refused to use my ACA diamonds, I had no choice but to move on. I changed to DK in November. I'm so very glad I found him through Pricescope. He's been such a pleasure to work with. So patient. Plus he stands behind his work. That says a lot.

Have fun showing off your beautiful new 3 stone when you get together with your family for the holiday. Your stones are so pretty.

BTW, congratulations on everyone being vaccinated. Vaccinations are helping us to find our way safely back to more of the "old normal".

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm back on the countdown this week. Singlestone closes on Mon sadly so absolute earliest I could get my ring would be Wed, but it really should be here this week.

Once I get that ring back, I'll also be sending off my old setting with a Lab colored stone to DK to set so I'll have 1 more ring to come out of this project!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I have been waiting not-so-patiently for a pendant and a ring from DK and I thought my wait was over when I received an email from him this morning with the finished pictures. I sent him my engagement ring and bought a new ACA diamond from Whiteflash for him to set with a new head in my engagement ring. I also had him take my old diamond and set it in a new bezel pendant.

We finalized the CADs at the end of April and he got my new diamond on 4/30. The pendant is perfect and I can't wait to give it to my daughter for her 21st birthday. Unfortunately the e-ring needs some work. Here's a picture of my original e-ring in profile. I asked for the new diamond (which is only a bit bigger - old is 7.09x7.04x4.36 and new is 7.23x7.27x4.48 ) to be set at the same height.

image3.jpeg

Here's a pic of the Tiffany inspiration for the new head that I sent him.
image2.png

Here are the CADs.

image0.jpeg

Here is the pic he sent of the finished ring. The diamond is set much lower relative to the top of the shoulders and as a result looks much squatter and flatter and does not have the same elegant feel as the inspiration pic. I emailed DK this morning as soon as I saw the pics and I'm sure we'll work something out but it just means I will be waiting longer to receive my new diamond and it was torture to wait this long already. But jewelry issues certainly qualify as a first world problem in today's day and age so I will try to be patient.

image1.jpeg

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Pics of the pendant which is exactly what I asked for. I based this on one that I saw posted on his instagram. It's 14k yellow gold and is a sliding pendant with an 18" chain with jump rings at 17" and 16". The back is open. The one I saw on his instagram had a flat back in the shape of an initial which I decided to forego although the initial in that pic happened to be the same as my daughter's initial so at least I had the exact image of what it would have looked like had I decided to do it. I'm so excited to give this to my daughter. The diamond is not the best (we purchased it 26+ years ago, well before I knew about Pricescope). But there is a lot of love and happiness imbued in this diamond so I hope that she enjoys wearing it.

Depending upon how long it will take to redo the head on my ring, I'll decide whether to ask him to ship this out separately or wait to have them shipped together. So hopefully not much longer before this beauty arrives.

67830-3.jpg

67830-1.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@adlgel
The pendant is gorgeous - love the yellow gold
your daughter is so lucky to receive this.
im sure she will be thrilled - the love you describe is priceless!

the ring -
#1, yes DK will do whatever they can to fix the ring.
i do have questions though? Is the CAD you attached the one that was approved?
It doesn’t matter, but I do notice it looks to be a scanned rendition of your original and with the original stone measurements. just thinking of what could have happened for the result to be not that very near to of what you anticipated.

I hope the wait is relatively short, and I’m sure it will be beautiful!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
@adlgel

the ring -
It doesn’t matter, but I do notice it looks to be a scanned rendition of your original and with the original stone measurements. just thinking of what could have happened for the result to be not that very near to of what you anticipated.

You are probably right - I had a couple emails from David and probably pulled the wrong set of cads. I will check when I get back home.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pics of the pendant which is exactly what I asked for. I based this on one that I saw posted on his instagram. It's 14k yellow gold and is a sliding pendant with an 18" chain with jump rings at 17" and 16". The back is open. The one I saw on his instagram had a flat back in the shape of an initial which I decided to forego although the initial in that pic happened to be the same as my daughter's initial so at least I had the exact image of what it would have looked like had I decided to do it. I'm so excited to give this to my daughter. The diamond is not the best (we purchased it 26+ years ago, well before I knew about Pricescope). But there is a lot of love and happiness imbued in this diamond so I hope that she enjoys wearing it.

Depending upon how long it will take to redo the head on my ring, I'll decide whether to ask him to ship this out separately or wait to have them shipped together. So hopefully not much longer before this beauty arrives.

67830-3.jpg

67830-1.jpg

LOVE the pendant! It's simple and elegant, and sentiment is so sweet too. I wish I have daughters to pass down my pieces too, but alas just 2 little boys.

Sorry about the ring, I totally see what you mean. I'm sure he'll make it right but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck that now you have to wait longer. Hoping the wait will be short.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
@adlgel

the ring -

Well after going through my email correspondence, it turns out I never got an updated set of CADs after I gave him the specs for the new diamond. It didn't phase me at the time as I certainly expected the same look with just a bit of a bigger head to accommodate the slightly bigger diamond. We had email correspondence going back and forth where I would circle a part of the CAD and ask him a question about it but he never sent updated CADs back.

I expressly said I wanted the diamond set at the same height as the current one and he replied the height would be the same. Even accounting for the every so slightly increased depth of the new diamond (.12 mm) the diamond shouldn't be set as low as it is.

Again, I'm confident we'll work it out and I'll get a ring that I love. But at least I finally got to see a pic of my new diamond set which is very exciting. It is going to be so beautiful.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
The pendant is quite beautiful.

I can also see what you mean about the diamond in your ring. It will look a lot better when raised like you want it. Since DKJ still has your ring to work on, the change shouldn't take too long.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results