shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've patiently waited weeks but the last few days are the worst! Singlestone is almost done with my setting and yesterday said it would ship today. Then they got back to me and said there's a chance it might not be ready in time in which case it'll ship next week! I really was hoping to get it before I go away for the weekend to see my sister whom I haven't seen in 17 months. Wish me luck that stars will line up and I can finally get my dream ring tomorrow!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So, the FedEx box arrived 9.30am Monday morning and sat on the kitchen table all day till DH came home from work. Then, as agreed, I got to try the ring on with my eyes shut (just to make sure the ring in the box was the one DH had seen photos of and that it fitted etc). Then I was working and the bubble wrap bag was on the chair next to me and DH was in and out of the kitchen and I was still working, the bag still on the chair and DH staying up a bit later than usual and still hanging around the kitchen - when he finally says "why don't I just put this bag with the rest of your presents, in case, you know, you accidentally throw it out or something!". And I couldn't exactly say "no, I'm waiting for you to go to bed so I can have a sneaky peek!". I think he knew fine well. So today is the day. 13 years in the waiting. (No pressure then :lol:)

No way could I have it on and kept my eyes closed!!!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No, nothing yet :( DK has never missed a deadline before so I’m not too worried but I’m anxious and antsy! Thanks for checking up @Diamondgirl1702 and @Mreader

@Mreader I don’t remember if you mentioned your timeline? I remember the word “soon” hahaha what’s soon? Tomorrow? Next week? A month? Lol

Two weeks ago he said a week lol. Then after that first week was when I got “soon”.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Two weeks ago he said a week lol. Then after that first week was when I got “soon”.

Omg haha, so what about your ring is causing the delay?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Omg haha, so what about your ring is causing the delay?

I have no clue! A different ring is supposed supposed to arrive tomorrow (from a different jeweler) so I’m going to focus on that for now to try and be more patient. But I’m still not patient. hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mreader Me either..I usually have patience..I know it’s early for me..He does have two other things he’s repairing. I hope he sends those. I am getting my baguette eternity next week.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring was supposed to ship today but got an email at the end of the day saying there are still some final finishing to be done. Now it'll be next week. I've waited 9 years to get to this dream ring yet the last few days are just killing me!

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
No, nothing yet :( DK has never missed a deadline before so I’m not too worried but I’m anxious and antsy! Thanks for checking up @Diamondgirl1702 and @Mreader
I worked with DK just once. I patiently waited for about 3 weeks...when I couldn't wait anymore I reached out and he told me that my ring was ready
....aaaand according to the pic time stamps it had been ready for a while.
I wasn't sure whether he just forgot to let me know or something else :shock:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I worked with DK just once. I patiently waited for about 3 weeks...when I couldn't wait anymore I reached out and he told me that my ring was ready

Huh, that's weird! I’m sorry you had that experience with him :(

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Got the email about an hour ago. I may make some changes but I asked DK to send the ring for now because I may end up loving it. He really does have the best customer service.

A few pics

0633A657-8778-418D-BA42-CF892CE8A559.jpeg
6CB8169E-6CCC-4F13-8F15-ED18082AD034.jpeg 901D5F9D-899E-430E-BD6E-264E2B462B2C.jpeg

Omg!! it looks sooo good! So high end… those prongs and all the details are amazing! It has a great flow to it :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got the email about an hour ago. I may make some changes but I asked DK to send the ring for now because I may end up loving it. He really does have the best customer service.

A few pics

0633A657-8778-418D-BA42-CF892CE8A559.jpeg
6CB8169E-6CCC-4F13-8F15-ED18082AD034.jpeg 901D5F9D-899E-430E-BD6E-264E2B462B2C.jpeg

Ooooh! @Spring Day It’s so gorgeous!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on IG yesterday and was like “WOW!” I didn’t put two and two together that it was yours. It’s beautiful. What is bothering you about it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

He has a videographer do his videos...It could mean that the videographer didn’t return it to David in a timely manner..

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Omg!! it looks sooo good! So high end… those prongs and all the details are amazing! It has a great flow to it :kiss2:
Ooooh! @Spring Day It’s so gorgeous!
Awww thanks guys!!!

I saw this on IG yesterday and was like “WOW!” I didn’t put two and two together that it was yours. It’s beautiful. What is bothering you about it?

Are you talking to me @Mreader? Lol. He’s already posted it on IG? Where? I haven't approved it yet. If you are talking to me, I asked for lower sides than what was made. I also feel like the prongs are a bit too bulky.
10007CD9-C489-4464-ACAE-93D33D4177A6.jpeg
E4F84093-E3F2-426C-81F7-43B3D588A140.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Awww thanks guys!!!

Are you talking to me @Mreader? Lol. He’s already posted it on IG? Where? I haven't approved it yet. If you are talking to me, I asked for lower sides than what was made. I also feel like the prongs are a bit too bulky.

I could’ve sworn I saw it yesterday but maybe I’m wrong because I don’t see it now. Yes @Spring Day I was asking you what was bothering you.

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks guys!!!

my side stones are set super high so I can totally understand what you are saying.... can he bring it down if you asked?
Do you want your prongs to be a bit flatter or just smaller?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thanks guys!!!

This is truly beautiful @Spring Day
:love:
I ‘get’ what it’s like to not have something come out exactly as you envision- but I’m really glad you are getting it to see in person before you make a decision.
Especially regarding the prongs.
I so do wish mine were a bit....meatier.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I could’ve sworn I saw it yesterday but maybe I’m wrong because I don’t see it now. Yes @Spring Day I was asking you what was bothering you.

Oh okie, I didn’t want to be answering for someone else. Yea, the side stones are set too high but I told DK I wanted to take a look at it before making any changes. He also said right now, I’m able to see all three culets so that’s a plus and I may love it!

You’re getting a little something today aren’t you???

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
my side stones are set super high so I can totally understand what you are saying.... can he bring it down if you asked?
Do you want your prongs to be a bit flatter or just smaller?

Are they? The one by Adam? How are you liking it? I love your bezel setting though. I feel like it looks good with the higher sides cuz if the bezel.

ETA: I like the size of the prongs but I want them to be a little less... ummm how do I explain it without pointing at it... the part that sticks out from the stone, wish it was like half a mm less bulky.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh okie, I didn’t want to be answering for someone else. Yea, the side stones are set too high but I told DK I wanted to take a look at it before making any changes. He also said right now, I’m able to see all three culets so that’s a plus and I may love it!

You’re getting a little something today aren’t you???

Yes I actually tagged you in the post - this isn't DK I'm still waiting on the three stone emerald this is the tourmaline and I'm a bit overwhelmed as it is gorgeous but just a tad more, um, GIGANTIC than I thought it would be.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
This is truly beautiful @Spring Day
:love:
I ‘get’ what it’s like to not have something come out exactly as you envision- but I’m really glad you are getting it to see in person before you make a decision.
Especially regarding the prongs.
I so do wish mine were a bit....meatier.

Hahah meatier. You think DK would beef it up for you? No pun intended. I hate puns lol.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I actually tagged you in the post - this isn't DK I'm still waiting on the three stone emerald this is the tourmaline and I'm a bit overwhelmed as it is gorgeous but just a tad more, um, GIGANTIC than I thought it would be.

Oh okie! For some reason I never get tagged alerts :x2

I’ll find it through your posts.

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Are they? The one by Adam? How are you liking it? I love your bezel setting though. I feel like it looks good with the higher sides cuz if the bezel.

ETA: I like the size of the prongs but I want them to be a little less... ummm how do I explain it without pointing at it... the part that sticks out from the stone, wish it was like half a mm less bulky.

Yes, they were sky high. It wasn't very comfortable...I kept bumping it into things and just felt its presence because of how high the sides were. I also realized I'm not a three stone girl, so Sako is reseting it for me into a solitaire and studs. I know, I know... it didn't last long lol

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
@Spring Day RE size of the prongs, I actually thought of that when I was still planning my three stone and wasn't sure whether I want bezel or the prongs... you basically just want it closer to the stone vs sticking out. I think that would be lovely if they were closer to the stone, if that's what you want.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day - I'm not sure if you're looking for opinions, but feel free to ignore if you aren't.

I love the design - love it! But those prongs are sticking out waaaaay too far. The profile is far too protuberant from above. I'd be sending that back and asking for them to file them down; they'd send me NUTS.

I once had a similar problem - here's my before and after. (I hope it's obvious that the 'after' is on the right....)

Apart from the prongs tho - I LOVE it - and I love that you really beefed up the sides. It's a completely different look and a rarely seen ratio these days, and the jewelry world is the less for it! I think the impact will be major!

Hang in there - almost there!

Prong comparison copy.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results