shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Just bought this little 14k lady tonight and hoping I get her before I head to Vegas for work. She’s only an inch wide, and I’ll wear her (I hope) as a necklace. Fingers crossed that she works as well as the listing claims!

9135FF2B-2867-42D9-A552-64B459A639D5.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few things coming in the next two weeks..
I should get Libby, my engagement ring reset, on Friday..
My blue and white zircon flower cluster is coming from Germany..
I’m also pretty excited about this diamond band coming soon! I had a bracelet like this..and I lost it..When I saw this band I had to get it!
@JPie A diamond cluster band! Haha
3BDFAE77-C789-4F99-B056-BB4D58266913.jpeg

Last edited:

EarlyBirdAsscher

Rough_Rock
I joined Pricescope a little over 4 years ago when I lost my engagement diamond and began saving to replace it. Then I found it 19 months later, so I shifted to planning for an anniversary band. Along the way I discovered asschers and a deep and abiding love for them. I'm a sucker for squares (or clipped squares, as the case may be) and clean lines.

I got stock in indecision for what I had decided would be a 5-stone band, because I wanted the cut quality of an AV but only had the budget for moissanite (which would end up being big since they don't cut smaller than a 5mm) or a very small IDJ diamond band.

Somehow, in the most recent of my intermittent discussions with my DH, we increased the budget and he couldn't remember why he had been against an upgraded solitaire way back when. That just happened to be the Saturday after Black Friday, so I whipped off an email inquiry to @Rhino at August Vintage about a a sale on settings and a custom cut lab diamond promotion he was running that looked like it could tickle both the itch for non-moissanite and for high cut quality.

Long story short (too late), we're not going custom because he had just the right piece for me on hand. It's not a perfect stone (could be brighter in the center), but I'm pleased with the stats:

1.01 G VS1 5.58x5.46mm
Polish and Symmetry both Excellent
Table: 63%
Depth: 67.2%
Crown: 13%
Girdle: Medium

In my dreams it would be closer to 1.3 or 1.5 and a 6.5mm square (to rival a 1ct round), but realistically this is what I can do and it will still be large and unique for my social circle. I'm especially excited about the unique part. My friends only know what an Asscher is because I've told and shown them. No one has seen one in real life.

I had picked one of Jonathan's settings (the Taylor Solitaire - be careful, there are two designs with "Taylor" in the name), but he let me tweak it just a bit. Well, I thought they were small changes (raise the basket, make less prong metal visible from the top view, swoop the shank up) but at the end of the day I find the cumulative differences striking.

And before I get to the stone and setting, I have to say that Jonathan's excellent reputation is well-deserved. He has been extremely responsive, patient, and helpful. It's clear that he loves his work and is committed to doing it well.

I also need to shout out to @diamondseeker2006 who graciously responded to my pleas for guidance and affirmation. Her taste and tact are unrivaled!

So, here she is, and I've been promised she'll arrive in time for Christmas (even though she will mark my 20th anniversary in June; I've waited long enough!):

1-01GVS1.jpeg 1-01GVS1officelighting.PNG DaylightVideoStill1.png SettingChanges2.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few things coming in the next two weeks..
I should get Libby, my engagement ring reset, on Friday..
My blue and white zircon flower cluster is coming from Germany..
I’m also pretty excited about this diamond band coming soon! I had a bracelet like this..and I lost it..When I saw this band I had to get it!
@JPie A diamond cluster band! Haha
3BDFAE77-C789-4F99-B056-BB4D58266913.jpeg

I don't know why I didn't see you tag me in my alerts! What a charming band.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I joined Pricescope a little over 4 years ago when I lost my engagement diamond and began saving to replace it. Then I found it 19 months later, so I shifted to planning for an anniversary band. Along the way I discovered asschers and a deep and abiding love for them. I'm a sucker for squares (or clipped squares, as the case may be) and clean lines.

I got stock in indecision for what I had decided would be a 5-stone band, because I wanted the cut quality of an AV but only had the budget for moissanite (which would end up being big since they don't cut smaller than a 5mm) or a very small IDJ diamond band.

Somehow, in the most recent of my intermittent discussions with my DH, we increased the budget and he couldn't remember why he had been against an upgraded solitaire way back when. That just happened to be the Saturday after Black Friday, so I whipped off an email inquiry to @Rhino at August Vintage about a a sale on settings and a custom cut lab diamond promotion he was running that looked like it could tickle both the itch for non-moissanite and for high cut quality.

Long story short (too late), we're not going custom because he had just the right piece for me on hand. It's not a perfect stone (could be brighter in the center), but I'm pleased with the stats:

1.01 G VS1 5.58x5.46mm
Polish and Symmetry both Excellent
Table: 63%
Depth: 67.2%
Crown: 13%
Girdle: Medium

In my dreams it would be closer to 1.3 or 1.5 and a 6.5mm square (to rival a 1ct round), but realistically this is what I can do and it will still be large and unique for my social circle. I'm especially excited about the unique part. My friends only know what an Asscher is because I've told and shown them. No one has seen one in real life.

I had picked one of Jonathan's settings (the Taylor Solitaire - be careful, there are two designs with "Taylor" in the name), but he let me tweak it just a bit. Well, I thought they were small changes (raise the basket, make less prong metal visible from the top view, swoop the shank up) but at the end of the day I find the cumulative differences striking.

And before I get to the stone and setting, I have to say that Jonathan's excellent reputation is well-deserved. He has been extremely responsive, patient, and helpful. It's clear that he loves his work and is committed to doing it well.

I also need to shout out to @diamondseeker2006 who graciously responded to my pleas for guidance and affirmation. Her taste and tact are unrivaled!

So, here she is, and I've been promised she'll arrive in time for Christmas (even though she will mark my 20th anniversary in June; I've waited long enough!):

1-01GVS1.jpeg

1-01GVS1officelighting.PNG DaylightVideoStill1.png SettingChanges2.jpg

It’s gorgeous! I’ve grown to love asschers...Yours is stunning! I can’t wait for hand shots! Congratulations!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Can I get some perspective? DK has had my ring since the 22nd of Nov and said it’d be done the week after next but still no word.

I’m sure he’s super busy with the holidays and all so I don’t want to be pushy or annoying. Should I wait another week or so to follow up?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever had your diamond set in a ring and were disappointed? First time e ring buyer here. What does 30 day return policy really mean? When do the 30 days begin? Delivery date or order date? I am waiting on my ring. A bundle of nerves!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I get some perspective? DK has had my ring since the 22nd of Nov and said it’d be done the week after next but still no word.

I’m sure he’s super busy with the holidays and all so I don’t want to be pushy or annoying. Should I wait another week or so to follow up?

@winnietucker He is super busy. I just always wait. If he promised you to have something for Christmas I would ask how it’s going and remind him you need it for Christmas.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker He is super busy. I just always wait. If he promised you to have something for Christmas I would ask how it’s going and remind him you need it for Christmas.

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t absolutely need it by Christmas so I won’t bother him. It’s not a gift or anything. I was just starting to get anxious since it’s been over a week from when he had said it’d be completed and I haven’t heard anything. I’ll wait until after Christmas to reach out if I don’t hear anything.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Im waiting for my upgrade from BN! Its not a very big upgrade, 0.76 to 1.05 ct but I am sooooo excited!!!! It should ship out Friday the 20th (Im nervous it wont arrive until the 27th!!!!!)

That size difference will absolutely be noticeable! Very exciting!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
So, 18 months after calling a halt to my search for a 5/7 stone eternity ring, and buying a pair of earrings instead, still have those!!! I have finally bought 2 white flash 3/4 Annette rings, 1.6ct each ring. diamonds are .10ct each. 3.2tcw set in platinum. I will be wearing them either side of my engagement ring. I have worn 5 rings before but these may replace my wedding bands. I will see when they arrive.
So the 2 week wait has begun! Hope they do come sooner!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know why I didn't see you tag me in my alerts! What a charming band.

Thank you @JPie..I didn’t see you that answered me..haha

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I’m waiting for the ring in my avatar to be shipped from DK. I’d been waiting anxiously for the pictures/ video of my reset, and now sit and stare at them whenever I get a spare moment!

Attachments

• 6845ECF9-2F51-4E40-B294-85826D58C436.jpeg
    6845ECF9-2F51-4E40-B294-85826D58C436.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 56

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6620[1].jpg

EEEK, it’s out of casting as of Friday and is currently at the polisher to be polished/hand finished then the setting will go to the engraver where all of the design and milgraining will be done by hand. Then the stones will be set. We’re a couple weeks away yet. I can wait, right?

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
So, my rings have shipped from Whiteflash, and will be here on Monday! Waiting for the vendor photos which should be here later today!!! I am getting so excited! Next decision will be to wear with or without the wedding rings!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eeep! I just realized that in exactly 2 weeks from today I'll be in LA and finally reunited with my dream OEC! Cannot wait to see her set! Screenshot_20191212-104806.png

She’s beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_6620[1].jpg

EEEK, it’s out of casting as of Friday and is currently at the polisher to be polished/hand finished then the setting will go to the engraver where all of the design and milgraining will be done by hand. Then the stones will be set. We’re a couple weeks away yet. I can wait, right?

I can’t wait to see it @Catmom!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Have you ever had your diamond set in a ring and were disappointed? First time e ring buyer here. What does 30 day return policy really mean? When do the 30 days begin? Delivery date or order date? I am waiting on my ring. A bundle of nerves!!

This varies vendor to vendor - give them a call if you need re-assurance. Hope your ring is everything you want it to be!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
By the skin of my teeth, I managed to get this one single earring, 5mm (according to the seller) and they think it’s .5 ct, but I’m betting on a 10% weight bump because she’s an OEC.

If she’s just-okay, nothing special, I’ll just reset in a new, more vintage style Stuller 6-prong basket rather than the modern 4-prong 14k one she’s in now. If she turns out *great* in person, I’ll send her to GIA and then.... probably the same basket, to be honest. I think I can see some tiny carbon or shadows or something in the photos, but in person, I have a feeling she will be luminous! Fingers crossed! And I won’t get her for 10 days. Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! So excited.
E0CFBF2D-46EE-472E-8133-60471BE76F91.jpeg

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Well....They arrived, and were fab!! But, they were both too big, only millimeters in it, but too loose. And one wasn’t circular.
both have been shipped back to Whiteflash to be fixed, along with a ring of mine to exactly match sizes. I never knew, but measuring sticks can be different by manufacturer and country. So I guess I am back on the two week wait again, or longer!! While not an ideal situation at all, everyone in Whiteflash has been great to deal with. I am Looking forward to getting them back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results