shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I just approved CADs this morning, and I’m prayinggggggg to the bling gods that my ring setting is done by Saturday so I can pick it up while I’m in town for my FIL’s birthday!

My birthday’s in a week, too!

I want me my bling bling!!!!!!

I've been waiting for your update! Wow Saturday is cutting it close but I hope your jeweller can deliver! It would be so nice to have new bling to wear to your FIL's birthday and for your birthday next week.. happy early birthday!!
Birthday bling is a thing.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I just approved CADs this morning, and I’m prayinggggggg to the bling gods that my ring setting is done by Saturday so I can pick it up while I’m in town for my FIL’s birthday!

My birthday’s in a week, too!

I want me my bling bling!!!!!!

Happy early birthday and I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We need an updated ring family portrait! Pretty please!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

silliex

Rough_Rock
I just dropped off my Whiteflash ACA at a local jeweler yesterday for my soon to be engagement ring! They're estimating about 4 weeks for production so I'm in the 2 weeks squared club. I have spent much time agonizing over decisions and compromising on details that were pretty in pictures but were not structurally sound.

Among some of those decisions was picking the right jeweler for me and the project. I contacted 6 jewelers, visited 4 of them, and went with the one whose craftsmanship I thought was the best; they were knowledgable and wouldn't compromise the structural integrity for design, and were a small mom and pop run shop. I ended up emailing the jeweler this morning and he called me immediately before the store opened to reassure me that everything would come out perfectly. He sure is a gem; he made me laugh on the phone and feel better when he told me "No more sleepless nights, you're over thinking it. You're gonna love it more than you think you will."

It's been hard to stop worrying over every detail after I've been fantasizing over every detail for the last decade (then agonizing about getting it right over the last few months) and have complete trust in the process. I will try my best to not bother my jeweler again and put my faith in him. :halo:

Can't wait to share the ring on the forum! This is exciting! Thanks to the community for making it such a fun, welcoming, and educational space.

I was up lurking late last night on PS, spiraling, and then subsequently had two dreams about my engagement ring. In one dream, I was told my ring would be ready next week, I was ecstatic. In the other, my diamond became too expensive after hidden taxes and fees, way past our budget.

It’s been two weeks since I dropped off my diamond and put in an order for the setting. I need it stat! The other day I was spiraling about the setting and now I’m spiraling about the diamond. I can’t go on like this LOL. :errrr:

I’m hoping my boyfriend won’t have me wait too long after the ring is complete to propose, but I could see a scenario where I’d have to wait up to 1-3 months since we will be long distance for a period of time. :wall::loopy:

Sending good vibes to everyone waiting. :pray:

The jeweler called today and said my ring is back from the setter and that “it looks fantastic.” I was originally quoted 4 weeks but it got completed in 3. It is ready to ship out now but I am having my boyfriend coordinate that.:dance:

As per my boyfriend’s request, I haven’t seen it so I don’t have any pictures to share with you all just yet. There’s plenty of dates coming up that would be great opportunities to propose. I am doing my best to stay patient until then and leave the planning up to him (which is super hard because I’ve been fantasizing about this for forever now haha). :shifty:

Since my ring was done a little earlier, I’m hoping the luck rubs off on this community; sending all the good vibes to my fellow PSers waiting! Wish me luck, hoping to be fortunate and blessed enough to accept a proposal around the corner!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jeweler called today and said my ring is back from the setter and that “it looks fantastic.” I was originally quoted 4 weeks but it got completed in 3. It is ready to ship out now but I am having my boyfriend coordinate that.:dance:

As per my boyfriend’s request, I haven’t seen it so I don’t have any pictures to share with you all just yet. There’s plenty of dates coming up that would be great opportunities to propose. I am doing my best to stay patient until then and leave the planning up to him (which is super hard because I’ve been fantasizing about this for forever now haha). :shifty:

Since my ring was done a little earlier, I’m hoping the luck rubs off on this community; sending all the good vibes to my fellow PSers waiting! Wish me luck, hoping to be fortunate and blessed enough to accept a proposal around the corner!

Hopefully he will be like my husband who planned to wait and do something extravagant but got too excited once he had the ring and proposed to me while I was still in bed five minutes after he picked it up :lol-2:

silliex

Rough_Rock
Hopefully he will be like my husband who planned to wait and do something extravagant but got too excited once he had the ring and proposed to me while I was still in bed five minutes after he picked it up :lol-2:

I think a large part of me still hopes for a grand romantic gesture and will be patient enough to wait. Knowing how romantic my boyfriend can be, I do believe he will plan something. I want it to be as picturesque of a moment as I had dreamed of (no thanks especially to social media); we've been in a relationship for nearly half of our lives now and the longer I've had to wait, the more anticipation has built up for this very moment. Plus, I did a lot of heavy lifting in terms of choosing the diamond, setting, and jeweler so I was hoping that leaves more room for him to plan something nice.

Though, I have found myself wondering if surprise proposal photographers in a beautiful scenery is what I really want because part of me worries I'll ruin my make up and that I won't be able to stop crying tears of joy :lol:.

Anyways, trying not to put too much expectations on it though since we're dealing with in our personal lives a lot otherwise and bring myself back down to reality and remind myself what is really important here. :halo:

He knows I'm super excited and eager to have it though. :P2

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

This is just the BEST kind of proposal story!!

silliex

Rough_Rock

UPDATE!! My boyfriend told me that it will take two days for the ring to arrive. TWO DAYS!! I hope he ends up hiding it because it is going to be very tempting to peek when he is out of town this week. :lol-2:

Please give me the strength to refrain and keep my promise. :pray:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE!! My boyfriend told me that it will take two days for the ring to arrive. TWO DAYS!! I hope he ends up hiding it because it is going to be very tempting to peek when he is out of town this week. :lol-2:

It will be so hard but do not peek. You'll feel so bad.

silliex

Rough_Rock
It will be so hard but do not peek. You'll feel so bad.

Thank you @MMtwo. I'll try to keep your words echoing in my head until he's ready. Thanks for being my good angel :halo:.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MMtwo. I'll try to keep your words echoing in my head until he's ready. Thanks for being my good angel :halo:.

Think of it as super important to him....and trust me. I have been there with the clock ticking sooo slowly.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:( one of the bench people was out sick today or something, so my jeweler had to find a substitute and isn’t sure if my ring will be ready for pickup tomorrow after all. she offered to fly to me if that happens, but

I’m sad. Tomorrow’s a huge party where the whole extended family will be and next week is my birthday. I wanted to wear my new ring at the party.

Sigh.

silliex

Rough_Rock

Turns out the jeweler doesn't ship out over the weekend and shipped it out on Tuesday; it is expected to arrive today! Luckily my SO is back in town so all temptation of taking an early peek has been removed. Even though I won't be seeing it with my own eyes today, it still feels like waking up on Christmas Day to have it physically present. Anxiously waiting for the delivery! I can't believe this is all happening soon! It's been a long time coming. :kiss2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super dirty because I had just spent the morning at the spa to start off my birthday, but the lighting was absolutely perfect! She is glorious.

Blackened platinum. Set in a ring designed after its original antique bangle setting it was in. Miracle by Dolly (Bijoux Box).

IMG_6736.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Super dirty because I had just spent the morning at the spa to start off my birthday, but the lighting was absolutely perfect! She is glorious.

Blackened platinum. Set in a ring designed after its original antique bangle setting it was in. Miracle by Dolly (Bijoux Box).

IMG_6736.jpeg

Wow, this is so fitting for such a beaty and so unique. Love it! Happy birthday, too!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_6736.jpeg

Wow! Have you shared the details anywhere yet?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

IMG_6736.jpeg

Stunning ! We need a thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Posting in this thread because I'm about to chew my fingernails off in anticipation! My diamond hoops should be here tomorrow!! I've begged my jeweller for a picture but he refuses to send me one. It's taken him a bit longer than anticipated but there were some holidays etc. that came up in the middle. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I can't wait how will I ever sleep?!

Posting in this thread because I'm about to chew my fingernails off in anticipation! My diamond hoops should be here tomorrow!! I've begged my jeweller for a picture but he refuses to send me one. It's taken him a bit longer than anticipated but there were some holidays etc. that came up in the middle. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I can't wait how will I ever sleep?!

THEY ARE HERE THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

~12ctw of yummy mirror-y ECs! This picture does them no justice whatsoever but I was out of time (they got here a couple days ago and I had to put them away for the time being) so just snapped a really quick one. They're a gorgeous bright white in reality, and no inclusions that I can see even under a regular loupe.

I love them to distraction! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
THEY ARE HERE THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

~12ctw of yummy mirror-y ECs! This picture does them no justice whatsoever but I was out of time (they got here a couple days ago and I had to put them away for the time being) so just snapped a really quick one. They're a gorgeous bright white in reality, and no inclusions that I can see even under a regular loupe.

I love them to distraction! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Oh my god.. that's such a tease only giving us one photo hahaha I was hoping there were more!! They are amazing and can't wait to see them on!

Oh my god.. that's such a tease only giving us one photo hahaha I was hoping there were more!! They are amazing and can't wait to see them on!

I don’t normally post I’m so paranoid about being recognised o_O but perhaps I’ll post some and delete in a bit like some others suggested - it’ll have to wait a few days though, I had to put them away since I’m away for a few days! I can tag you when I do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results