shape
carat
color
clarity

The Times They are a Changing Indeed!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I just read Yoram’s latest post on IG regarding his reaction to DeBeers revival of their old “A Diamond is Forever” campaign. I remember that campaign, the music that played in the background, and the message that every guy should be prepared to spend a minimum of two months salary on a diamond. .
Also, has anyone else visited Leon Me’ge ‘s website…. now selling lab grown diamonds! I almost fell off my chair! The prices are waaay up there. They must be very special LGD!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap I am not surprised about DB, but I am shocked that Leon is doing this. He refused me twice because I wanted a lab diamond set.

With the global economy in shambles and dwindled natural diamond supply, I think most sellers have been on the clock to get human grown diamonds in their portfolio of offerings.
You and many others likely had a hand in Leon deciding to open his door to that because he probably got enough inquiries to show that the demand (and current market share) has rapidly grown to a point probably not foreseen even a couple/few years ago.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I am curious about his very high pricing structure though. Is there something better than “ ideal “ that would justify those prices?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I am curious about his very high pricing structure though. Is there something better than “ ideal “ that would justify those prices?

In a word? No, unless they're cut in some proprietary patented pattern.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
With the global economy in shambles and dwindled natural diamond supply, I think most sellers have been on the clock to get human grown diamonds in their portfolio of offerings.
You and many others likely had a hand in Leon deciding to open his door to that because he probably got enough inquiries to show that the demand (and current market share) has rapidly grown to a point probably not foreseen even a couple/few years ago.

For sure. But I really felt like Leon would be the last dusty hold out.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled across this DeBeers ad on the back cover of an old magazine that we had saved for some recipes. Super-impressed how poorly it's aged :P2

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 7.13.18 PM.png

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes. That’s what I grew up with. There were never any commercials about a woman buying her own diamonds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results