shape
carat
color
clarity

The story so far...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
The story so far.... for those of you that want to know.

I went into a local jeweler thinking they would be a great choice to get my ring done. I gave them my CAD drawings of my ring and they took them to be built. They were going to do a wax and gave me a date for an estimate. They were late by several days on that estimate. Finally I got the estimate and they started the wax...or so they say. The wax deadline was missed 2 times maybe even 3. I don''t remember at this point. I got the wax back and the sales associate tried to reassure me that the areas I was concerned with would come out just fine. So, I sat on it a little, I called back the next day to find out what the process was if the ring came back not to my liking. They said I approved the wax and it would be mine to be bought. I asked for an exact estimate, they said they couldn''t give me one due to the flucuation in gold prices. After hearing this. I cancelled the transaction and lost $99 due to their wax creation fee.

So, that''s where it was. After that I started looking for a new jeweler to create my piece. This time with the hopes of getting it machined rather than hand done because then I can see on my computer what the piece is going to look like before it is cast into metal. I found a local place that will send out my design for 5-axis machine work and, with the help of fellow pricescopers, I feel I''ll go with them.

Now, I have a jeweler picked out all I need is a centerstone. Well, during this whole process I was talking with someone on getting one of the new princess cut diamonds. I''m excited as all can be to get it but the original date of having the diamond to me close to the middle of the month has just been pushed out to being pretty close to the end of the month. I''ll be leaving the states for a couple week vacation close to the time it''s suppose to get here. Most jewelers state that most of the ring cannot be completed until the centerstone is in hand. Which pushes my ring completion date out even further.

I know this is not the fault of the diamond providers but man is this frustrating. Especially since I started the process April 7th of this year with expectations from the original jeweler to have a ring in hand by middle of May. It''ll be the middle of July before I have anything now. A full month and a half after I originally wanted to propose! Talk about frustrating! Not to mention that I haven''t seen the centerstone diamond yet and don''t know if it will even be acceptable. I''m sure it will be but that''s an added stress as well. Which means if it isn''t acceptable then I could have had this ring made with a current stone and maybe in my hand already! Boy, won''t I kick myself real hard in the pants if that''s the case. :(

Oh well, you live and you learn. This time, I learned to start the process 4 months ahead of schedule. That way you''ll get it right on time. ;-) Well, not to mention that the AGS grading of princess was just released and I probably couldn''t have started any sooner but still. Frustrating none-the-less. Not to mention my girlfriend is starting to get restless. She thought she was going to get something back in February already. HA! Not the way I drag my heels... or should I say not the way my original local dealer does business. When I do get all this done and she has the ring on her fingers I''ll release the local dealer''s name so the whoever is on this site and in my town can know to avoid them like the plague. As for the diamond dealers, I have no unkind words for them yet. They''ve done all they''ve can so far and it''s just the AGS grading that''s been holding up that process.

Anyway, for whoever read this far, thanks for listening/reading. I really just needed to vent.

Frustrated as all can be,
Ukieza

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is frustrating ukieza. i know it''s going to take some time, but it sounds like your on the right track now. i hope the new stone and your ring turn out to be perfect. keep us posted.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know how frustrating this whole process has been for you. I have followed your story from day one. But it does seem to me that you''re on the right track. You will have the setting that you worked so hard on and a beautiful diamond. Hang in there, you want it done right and that takes some time. You''ve waited this long so you can wait a little more. It will be worth it in the end.
2.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
:) I sure hope it''ll be worth it. This whole process has been a real drag and almost makes me feel like it wasn''t meant to be. heh.. I''m too stubborn though. ;-)

Thanks for reading,
Ukieza

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hi there

ive been having quite the time with my rings too so I definitely feel you pain! I kind of felt like it wasnt worth it too, but knowing how much you went through to get the rings, once you have them I think maybe you will appreciate them more!

let us know!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You two deserve a golden star for what you''ve been through. I think you will both be so happy when you get your rings and all is well.
12.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there...it is really frustrating to have anticipated getting something finished and then to be way past that date without a ring in sight. But things are going better, you''ve got a jeweler you have faith in...just gotta get that stone! I hope it works out that you get a stone chosen before you go on vacation so the ring can be worked on in your absence...that is what I''d be concentrating on right now!!!!! Keep breathing - the end product will be worth it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results