carat
color
clarity

The story of my ring's grading issue

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Sledge, thank you!!
After communication with both companies, it's just easier for me to go with WF 100%. WF will accommodate something similar between Symphonie and Vatche Royal crown, but not exactly same.
@Texas Leaguer I trust the WF bench could delivery the final product to meet my expectation!
@Julyisjuly, I can assure you that we will do our best!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked the 2.14 one best. Having read the whole thread, I have to admit that I could see that the G was less tinted than the other two stones - but it also didn't seem as bright as the two I's that you were liking more. Of the two, I personally liked the 2.14 over the 2.28 as it looked just a little whiter and brighter (and if I am being honest, probably more like my own e-ring diamond in cut style) than the 2.28 (which did have a tiny bit more fire).

Congratulations! You have a ring!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I made it all the way to the end! Congratulations @Julyisjuly Its a beautiful stone and what I am sure will make a most beautiful ER. I have always loved WF for there service and going above and beyond to make customers happy. I owned a beautiful (much smaller) I ACA once. I sure do miss it:kiss2:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I have not posted on here for years, but now divorced and diamond gazing with my 'new' future intended, I have gotten so much out of this thread! WF made a stunning custom setting for a large stone(with matching band) for me some years ago. Post divorce, I had it dismantled and have saved the .7 pointers for my adult son's future bride's ring. You will be so pleased with their bench work. I cannot wait to see your ring. Your stone is magnificent, and I believe you will be obsessed(with looking at it:twisted2:) And I do hope I am posting my own ACA soon!

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
:twisted2:
@Julyisjuly, I can assure you that we will do our best!
Hi TL, may you please send me the pictures of the Ring to my email before ship out next week? I hope it's very well made and very polished.
Looks like I will receive it right before Valentine's Day! Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi TL, may you please send me the pictures of the Ring to my email before ship out next week? I hope it's very well made and very polished.

You would probably be better off contacting him at the Whiteflash offices. He may or may not see this post. They do generally, however, send you glamour shots of your new ring. Can't wait to see it!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

:twisted2: Hi @Julyisjuly, when you receive photos of your beautifully made and beautifully polished ring, please may you post those pictures here?

:twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, an image of the finished product is standard procedure. I will ask Becca to contact you to confirm.
Your ring will be very well made with a high polish!

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
I received the ring. They provided the picture for final product after they shipped it.
Looking at this ring I have on hand now, It's not as exactly as what I expected, i will communicate with Whiteflash, but not sure anything can happen at this stage.

mchap

Rough_Rock
I received the ring. They provided the picture for final product after they shipped it.
Looking at this ring I have on hand now, It's not as exactly as what I expected, i will communicate with Whiteflash, but not sure anything can happen at this stage.
What do you feel did not meet your expectations? Is this the 2.14?

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I would have thought everything would have gone smoothly after all your communications.

I’m sure it’s beautiful just not what you expected (wanted), which is still disappointing.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is very disappointing - I'm so sorry, @Julyisjuly! In which ways did it not reach your expectations? Could you pls post a photo? I lost track of what style you were going with and now can't find it in the length of this thread.

Here's hoping it can be fixed!

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
So sorry to hear that... having such a large and important purchase not meet expectations is one of the worst feelings. Would love to see some pics and understand why it’s not what you expected.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I am expecting to take delivery of a ring very soon, I won’t say from where. I hope to be wowed and not dissapointed in any way at all.

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will be able to get exactly what you expected/wanted.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so disappointed to hear that. Been waiting to see your happy update and this wait of almost a month feels like ages...Would you please elaborate what's wrong with the ring?
Loose stone doesn't always look the same once set but is the issue with the setting?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no, what is wrong with it?

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Hi July, I'm curious as to what's wrong with the setting in your eyes. I know you were probably pretty specific in what you were looking for.

Do you have a photo?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, @Julyisjuly. When I saw my notification that you had posted, I was excited to hear what you thought and see pictures. I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment. What happened? As others have asked, what is it that did not meet your expectations? Can you please post photos?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Yikes ! What could go wrong with that beautiful diamond and setting you picked? I can't even imagine! Maybe it isn't as bad as all that? Just different?
It would be nice if WF sent pictures before they ship...

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
I will say, overall setting is good.

1.Just I noted the proportion of the basket was not as what I expected. Not as the picture I sent to them at beginning.
2. Also two prongs are bigger than other 4 prongs, so looking from top, the shape doesn't look 100% round. It's very trivial. It's just once you see it, you stare at it. And especially I called out to WF that make sure all prongs are same size at the very beginning.

I saw the comparison of Vatche similar style and HPD symphony in person, and the HPD Symphony setting is much better made than the Vatche. The one I got today is more comparable to Vatche in terms of quality.

However, to be fair, WF quoted a much lower price on this setting and WF is more transparent during my interaction with them(personal experience). So, paying a Vatche price for Vatche quality, it's fair, yeah...

Will post more pics once get off work. Thanks

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I will say, overall setting is good.

1.Just I noted the proportion of the basket was not as what I expected. Not as the picture I sent to them at beginning.
2. Also two prongs are bigger than other 4 prongs, so looking from top, the shape doesn't look 100% round. It's very trivial. It's just once you see it, you stare at it. And especially I called out to WF that make sure all prongs are same size at the very beginning.

I saw the comparison of Vatche similar style and HPD symphony in person, and the HPD Symphony setting is much better made than the Vatche. The one I got today is more comparable to Vatche in terms of quality.

However, to be fair, WF quoted a much lower price on this setting and WF is more transparent during my interaction with them(personal experience). So, paying a Vatche price for Vatche quality, it's fair, yeah...

Will post more pics once get off work. Thanks

Whiteflash or Vatche made your ring? My Vatche was perfect....

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Julyisjuly Can you post the WF glamour shots you received so we can see the issue/s you’re noting?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
@Julyisjuly

I’m just another person chiming in! Please post pictures and tell us what you’re not pleased about! I’m super surprised to hear that the setting is lacking in some way. I went through the thread to find out what kind of setting you decided on, but I couldn’t find anything ... a few suggestions, so I think I see the direction you were headed, but nothing final ... maybe I missed it ...

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
IMG_4070.PNG IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4073.JPG IMG_4088.JPG IMG_4089.JPG IMG_4083.JPG

WF made my ring. I provide the picture of HPD symphony style and added some changes.

The longer I looked at it, the shape is more obvious to me, non-round, kinda like an oval.
The prongs are thick and the crossing is high(should be lower, as I marked as green line), which push the north and south prong higher and appear like oval. When they gave the CAD, they said it will look thinner and more refined once finished. And I couldn't tell the crossing gonna be so high.

The final product doesn't look as elegant as I expected. To me, it's good but ordianary. For instance, if I saw someone post this style online, It won't catch my eyes.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the setting is beautiful. It looks structured correctly to me. I don’t think it makes the diamond oval. It looks round! Oh and the diamond is gorgeous too!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_4070.PNG IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4073.JPG IMG_4088.JPG IMG_4089.JPG IMG_4083.JPG

WF made my ring. I provide the picture of HPD symphony style and added some changes.

The longer I looked at it, the shape is more obvious to me, non-round, kinda like an oval.
The prongs are thick and the crossing is high(should be lower, as I marked as green line), which push the north and south prong higher and appear like oval. When they gave the CAD, they said it will look thinner and more refined once finished. And I couldn't tell the crossing gonna be so high.

The final product doesn't look as elegant as I expected. To me, it's good but ordianary. For instance, if I saw someone post this style online, It won't catch my eyes.

I see what you mean. The top and bottom prongs do appear pushed out more and I see the oval shape. I’d send it back to be fixed.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
No way !!!!

It looks like an egg!!!! what the heck?? And they sent it out to you like that??

That diamond is so beautiful I would have loved it set in a paper clip, but this is just wrong wrong wrong.
You're absolutely right.
Have it reset, in a different setting altogether. I wouldn't even take a chance on correcting those prongs because the issue is the base.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results