shape
carat
color
clarity

the stone I chose for my BGD pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m just so excited that I had to post (prematurely before I actually have it in my hands) the photo of the stone I chose for my BGD Barbara pendant! This will be a slightly late 5 year anniversary gift. I''ve wanted this pendant since the first time I saw it on their web site.

Here''s the stone: H, SI2, .453 ct, signature BGD H&A
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040399040018

And here''s the pendant setting: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5352

I think this stone will be a knockout. I debated between this one and a J and a K that were similar in size. I decided on the H stone due to the desire for whiter color and not as much concern about clarity. Since it''ll be in a pendant and Lesley says it''s eye clean, I''m totally fine with an SI2. My e-ring is a G, SI2 that Lesley helped me pick out (when they were still at WF) and is amazing, so I know this one will be gorgeous too.

Not sure when I''ll get it, but I''ll post ASAP!stonependant setting

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
urggh I knew I''d screw those links up...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!

The stone looks gorgeous, and it''s a nice mindclean colour too
1.gif
- and the setting is lovely!!

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
COngrats! It''s going to be fabulous!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
great stone, I love that pendant

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a GORGEOUS stone, and what a well designed pendant! I can''t wait to see the finished product ....

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love this pendant! It''s going to be gorgeous!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy pendant, can''t wait for neck shots!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 5:50:07 PM
Author: katiedid
urggh I knew I''d screw those links up...
Here''s the stone: H, SI2, .453 ct, signature BGD H&A
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040399040018

And here''s the pendant setting:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5352

Wow, that''s a nice SI2. Great stone! and it''s going to be a lovely pendant. I''m looking forward to your pictures. It''s going to look great during summer time on a bare neck.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting! But wait...what are you going to do with your other pendant...I think you had a bezel or was it a martini? I do know you have a great collection of jewelry so I suppose it can''t hurt to have several pendants.
31.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love this pendant - it''s in my plans for next year! it''s going to be fabulous!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone for sharing in my excitement! And gemgirl, thanks for fixing those links for me!

Tigian, I''m keeping my .75ct bezel pendant to hand down to my daughter in a few years. It''s the stone her dad gave me when we got engaged years ago. I''m remarried now so I had it taken out of my old e-ring setting and put in the martini pendant setting, and then into this newest bezel setting. I wear it quite a bit, but it''s a kinda bulky setting, the stone isn''t very well cut (obviously I got it way way before I knew anything about diamonds) and I knew I wanted to give it to my daughter in a few years. So, being the impatient person I am, I thought I''d use my anniversary and the fact that I got a raise at work as excuses to get this new pendant! I may still wear the old one though until I pass it down to my daughter (which won''t be for several years still).

Anyway, I cannot WAIT to see the new pendant. It''s a much finer, daintier bezel - unlike the stock setting I have now. And the stone is much nicer.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Great choice! You are going to love the Barbara pendant. I don''t think mine has come off--except for cleaning--in the two months since I got it. It is really delicate, and it never, ever flips.

Just so you know, it was actually your other lovely pendant that inspired me to look for a .75-ct-ish stone for mine, and I love the size
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Your new pendant is going to be amazing, that is a gorgeous stone, and an awesome setting~

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you kittybean - I love your pendant. I wish I could have gotten something closer to .75 ct but I couldn''t, so this pretty little .453 will just have to do (atleast for a while...)!
1.gif
I hope mine won''t flip, being smaller in size.

and thanks bella!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 9:08:38 PM
Author: katiedid
thank you kittybean - I love your pendant. I wish I could have gotten something closer to .75 ct but I couldn''t, so this pretty little .453 will just have to do (atleast for a while...)!
1.gif
I hope mine won''t flip, being smaller in size.
I don''t think it will. That''s the beauty of this setting! I can''t wait to see yours.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not too! Lesley said they''ve had great feedback so far and people are saying it really does not flip. So good to hear yours doesn''t - and you''ve been wearing it for long enough to know by now if it was going to flip!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW thank you for sharing that with us. I hadn't seen that pendant design before. It looks very cool and easy to clean. Please keep us up to date on this project!

ETA: I think BGD should post the side shot of this in their pendant section. I almost missed it again just now while looking for it, it blends in.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be beautiful.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I will absolutely keep everyone posted - including photos and a detailed report about how beautiful it is!
emsmile.gif

suzannea

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOL- I was eyeing this stone for a pendant also- the bezel set one! great minds think alike- congrats!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh thanks suzannea! I think it''ll make a beautiful pendant. I''m hoping to have it sometime next week.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait for the photos! :)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks maevie! I can''t wait to be able to take them!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Can''t wait to see it finished!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I heard from Lesley today that it will ship tomorrow so I''ll have it on Tuesday! She said it looks beautiful. They''re sending me photos tomorrow so I''ll be sure to start a new thread on the finished product!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! You really lucked out, that Si2 is really clean and gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif
Brian is a genius in choosing these amazing stones, amongst other things.
36.gif
36.gif

Can't wait to see your pics. I'm having a Barbara pendant made too.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results