shape
carat
color
clarity

The stone has been found!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! That''s some ROCK you found - WOW!!! Are you thinking solitaire or sidestones?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Either solitaire or eternity. Please give me your input. I want a classic look (I''m in a rather conservative profession).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is some rock!
30.gif

Do you prefer thin or thicker bands?

ETA, you said delicate, so I presume thin?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer thin. My hnads are small.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, have you considered the classic Tiffany setting?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes. 6 or 4 prong? knife edge or normal? it''s all so confusing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 2:18:54 PM
Author: Harriet
yes. 6 or 4 prong? knife edge or normal? it''s all so confusing!
Those to me, are just really personal preferences.

I prefer 4 prong. Some people don''t like the fact that at certain angles, it can make the stone appear square. I happen to love square shapes, so that doesn''t bother me. But it''s something you need to figure out if it would bother you. Also, with a stone that size, security/safety may be more of a factor in how many prongs. 6 does add security.

As for knife edge, I would highly suggest trying some on. I''ve read posts on here from some women who found them very uncomfortable, others it did not bother them. I like the look of both bands really. Trying on both settings if possible would really be best. Many have found what they thought they liked looking at online, did not like once on their hand.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Three sided pave set by Michael B

80562.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is gorgeous congrats!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
A Leon Mege classic setting would be gorgeous!!! If you look on his website, he has a new picture of a 5.21 ct white round diamond set in a classic solitaire. I LOVE the double claw prongs!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does a knife-edged band appear thinner? I''d like the thinnest possible band.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Smallish? Do you mean the rock or your finger?? Don''t worry at all, I think the rock is huge and your finger is just perfect.. it will look great!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone is great and I love the ring posted. But, I also love a Leon ala Kristy D and Kaleigh''s Tiffany that has the pear side stones, it is classic and timeless...

SLK

Rough_Rock
I also wanted a classic look (and I am in a rather conservative profession too). I have a 3.052 carat set in a tiffany replica by superbcert/exceldiamond. Here's link http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Traditional-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-Platinum-640.html
I personally love the simple yet elegant look and everyone are at "Wow" every time they see my ring (from co-workers to clients). Good luck!

Edited: My ring size is 5.5

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the other stone is nearly half a carat smaller, so yes you are saving money but you are getting less. I did not compare all the specs since I am not an expert but the one you first posted looked amazing to me...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 9:03:42 PM
Author: Harriet
Does a knife-edged band appear thinner? I''d like the thinnest possible band.
I can''t really tell from the pictures I''ve seen, probably need to see them in person.

I don''t know what your budget is for the setting, but if the sky were the limit, I''d get it set in a Mark Morrell. He does custom work, so you could pretty much get whatever you wanted. His work is outstanding.

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

If you do a search on here, you''ll find many pictures of his settings.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. I''m just wondering - have you seen an "I" colored stone in this size in person? Are you color sensitive? Color is definitely more obvious in larger stones, so if you''re willing to go down in size, maybe you could go up in color? Like to a G or H?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I'm very colour sensitive. I did find a 3.14 at a comparable price, but in an H colour. Whiteflash claims that it faces up white. We'll see.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 3 ct. stone is huge on a 5 1/2 finger (which is my size, too), so I''d for sure save the $10,000 and get the 3.12 stone, or probably use the money to go to H color.

I think the classic 6 prong Tiffany setting which WF makes would be beautiful as it sets the stone low, and I think that is important with a stone that size. A Leon Mege without pave would be lovely, too!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

I agree with DiamondSeeker2006- IF you are color sensitive would go down a bit and go up a color. However, that has good specs (great specs) and I trust Whiteflash 100%, the diamond sounds like it would sparkle like mad...but a 3ct would be GREAT/HUGE on a 5.5 ( my size is 5.25 and I have a 1.92 square emerald cut which I think is pretty big)....

I would go with side-stones in a delicate platinum mount
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s being shipped to the appraiser. Any appraiser suggestions in NY?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results