shape
carat
color
clarity

The start of my colored stone collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH,
Nice birthday pressie! You do know that you''re done for, right?
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Nice collection!! I love the malaya!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:00:27 PM
Author: Harriet
HH,

2.gif

LOL, I was a goner the day I discovered PS! Actually, FI and I have come to a happy bling medium with colored stones. They''re so much more affordable than diamonds so I don''t feel guilty about asking for them and DI doesn''t feel guilty about buying them! LOL...

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
HH, thanks for showing off your beautiful stones. I must confess that I have not, until now, been that taken with tourmalines. Yours, however, speak to me-even in the photos! They are just beautiful.

Now look what you''ve done!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:38:03 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/24/2009 9:00:27 PM
Author: Harriet
HH,

2.gif

LOL, I was a goner the day I discovered PS! Actually, FI and I have come to a happy bling medium with colored stones. They''re so much more affordable than diamonds so I don''t feel guilty about asking for them and DI doesn''t feel guilty about buying them! LOL...
Haha. We came to that same agreement too. Now, look how much mischief I get up to?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection HH!!!

Lori

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just went up to the jewelers building at lunch and looked at settings for my new goodies. I found a setting for my acqua which I LOVED. It was 3 stone with half-moon sides and had the potential to be changed to a bezel setting on the center stone. It was spectacular. It was also about 10 times my budget. LOL. I talked with a jeweler who was willing to custom make a halo setting for my garnet, but again, out of my comfort zone budget-wise. He didn't think I needed to set it in rose gold, just white. He thought the rose gold would wash out the color.

So I'm kindof back at square one. I'm thinking my budget is around $500 for each ring. Ideas?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Hrm, I think $500 might be a little light for a totally custom setting. Have you tried looking through the stuller or adwar catalogs?

It''s probably inconvenient for you to get out to Arlington, but if it isn''t TC Jewelers on Mass Ave has done some nice work for me for fairly reasonable prices. I haven''t purchased anything with diamonds from them though, just plain gold settings (one of their stock items and one custom piece).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The price quoted for the halo wasn''t too far out of my budget, but still more than I wanted to spend ($800 or so). A lot of that was just the CAD work...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
You certainly have an awesome collection starting! I LOVE the shape of the Aquamarine - so pretty!

I also loved the clever pics with the jelly beans! Too cute!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:39:15 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
The price quoted for the halo wasn''t too far out of my budget, but still more than I wanted to spend ($800 or so). A lot of that was just the CAD work...

Hrm, well if you''re not stuck on using that particular jeweler, you can always bring the design around to other jewelers in the building and ask them what their best price is for that design. Or tell them your budget is a max of $500 and ask what that will get you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
HH - those are beautiful! LOVE the jelly bean shot
2.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results