shape
carat
color
clarity

The spinel oval...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So...Here is Dan''s oval. It seems as though it will probably be returning to it''s maker, so I thought I would post pictures and let you guys see what I''ve been enjoying for the past few days.

I''ll start with the more boring ones first...

This is it under very low lighting conditions. In the shade if you will.

IMG_1882 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now the problem with this stone is that it's just darker than what I was hoping for. It's incredibly hard to catch the beauty of this stone, but I did my best.

Here is the faceted girdle...

Side view:

IMG_1890 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is displaying brilliance from one side, but remaining dark on the other. This is a cool effect, that is quite entertaining to play with...

Last night I was playing with the spinel. my laptop was open and the sun was going down. One side of the oval was getting the light from outside, and the other was getting the light from my laptop. One side was blue and the other side was purple. It was pretty freaking cool.

It's displaying the purple right now in incandescent light. (Perhaps more pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.)

IMG_1885 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty....starting to get better shots of it...

IMG_1899 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bottom view...catching rainbows. My camera cannot do justice to this stone. Under the halogens this thing is like one of those crystals that you hang in the windows. I didn''t take a lot of pictures, but the rainbows kept popping up in them anyway.

IMG_1877 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More firey rainbow action from that one facet...

IMG_1892 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And then this, the money shot:

IMG_1894 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spinel
Darker purple in incandescent lighting, medium blue in sunlight
1.35ct oval
5.90 x 8.20mm
Easily eye clean
Cut by: Daniel Stair

I hope it goes to a good home...it's really an amazing gemstone, just looking like it wasn't destined for me.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh it really is lovely Freke. What a fun stone, it''s like a bi-color ametrine. I''m sorry it isn''t what you wanted, though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics, Freke. Very pretty stone. Here''s to hoping it goes to a good home soon, and that you find the one meant for you.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and I''m sure whoever ends up with it will love it! I still have my fingers crossed for you on your search!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I wondered what that stone looked like. It''s a beautiful color but it is much more of a deep grape, not really a periwinkle. Those shifty spinels are tricky.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
pretty stone Freke... but definitely not THE stone for you, that is clear. It''s out there... be patient! Don''t forget too: you have time! If I recall correctly, you''re not planning on getting engaged for at least a few months, right?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP it is really a beautiful stone. I was looking at it on our drive to Moriarty this morning (don''t ask) and it was just sparkling away at me. It just wasn''t meant to be mine.

Fly Girl Seems as though Dan has contacted the person who asked him about it as soon as it was posted, and he''s still interested in it, so I think as soon as it lands at Dan''s, it''ll be shipped out immediately to that guy. He''s a lucky fellow. If I could have afforded to keep it, I probably would have.

Gecko He''d better love it! Or he''d better give it to someone who will! I still have my fingers crossed too...

Innerkitten I totally agree. It''s just too dark for me. I think Dan knew that from the start, but I was the one who told him to ship it out anyway. Having said that, I''m not getting a refund...I''m trading him for another stone--one that Dan likes a lot.

icekid I''m trying to be patient! I swear I am!!! I know I have time, and now I have an even bigger budget. FF and I went shopping the other day and he did some math and figured out that he can afford more, but I''m the dang practical one that says, "No I''m going to do this on a smaller budget." I don''t want him to buy anything on credit, even though we''re not talking a ton of money.

As for a timeline--who knows! I''m guessing not until after March, but I think we''re going to go to Vegas in December, and that is kind of our place, so it''s possible that it could be before March...

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty Freke!!! Love those blue-purply stones! Yum!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone, but still not THE ONE......keep the faith, Freke!

Where do y''all stay in Vegas?????

Lori

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels are so pretty. I hope you find the one you want soon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jelly I hope the dude that gets it will enjoy it. I certainly did. I hope I can find a lighter one...

loriken I''m keeping my fingers crossed. I''ll find THE ONE soon. Gut instinct. Or indigestion. lol

We''re determined (or so it seems) to stay in all of the hotels in Vegas. We''ve stayed at some slightly odd Emerald Suites place when the entire strip was full and we got TOOL tickets at the last minute, then we stayed at The Orleans, which was really nice (albeit a tiny bit creepy with the crazy looking mardi gras stuff) and I wouldn''t mind staying there again, and last time we stayed at the Excalibur, which was just starting renovations and we got stuck in an old room. I''ve been looking at TI, Luxor, NY, NY, Stratosphere and a few others for our next trip, but we haven''t made any plans yet. We also have a friend whose family lives there and he''s always offering their house, and his old car, and getting us free tickets to shows. Yeah, he rocks.

I think when we get married we''ll stay in whichever hotel the ceremony is in, and the choices seem to be narrowed down to Planet Hollywood and Mandalay Bay. Any suggestions?

Marcy Thanks!! Me too!!! Before I go completely nuts...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Freke-

It's beautiful, but I agree- too dark.

I hope you find *THE* stone very, very soon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh EBree... You and I have the same exact taste in spinels...if you see ANYTHING that looks like it might come close....

Speaking of, did you see that pink-blue color shifter on Dan''s page? Thumbs up or thumbs down? He just posted an update the other day, and those suckers are flying off the page...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results