shape
carat
color
clarity

The source of all my shoe angst!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I'm tall. Not oh-my-god-look-at-her-WNBA-player tall, but tall enough that most people are shorter than me in heels. Not a huge deal; my fiance is 3" taller than me so it's never really been a problem.

For the wedding, I'm hoping to get shoes 2.5" or shorter. So, I was checking out DSW this weekend. They have a lot of cute shoes, but they were mostly tall. I spot a pair that looks to be of moderate heel hight, good price, and cute. I try them on.

"Whoa," I think. These are cute, but I feel REALLY tall. I take off the shoes. That is definitely NOT a 2.5" heel.

Then I compare to the size 7 1/2 on display

Shoe on the left: my size

Shoe on the right: standard size 7 1/2

WTH?? This is so not fair. Don't they get that tall = bigger feet = don't need taller shoes??

DING DING DING!! This is why cute shoes always feel to tall. Why shoes that other people swear are comfy tear up my feet. Argh. I will never find wedding shoes =(

shoe woes.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I plan on buying a pair of Zodiac cowboy boots. They have a 3" heel, awesome arch support (which I need), and I''ll wear them over and over again. My gown is long, and we''re not doing the whole garter toss thing, so no one will see my shoes, and quite frankly I don''t care if they do!

I''m 5''9", and wear a shoe size 10.

shoes_iaec1141698.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks!! Is that always true? It seems like 3 inches should mean 3 inches, without some sort of wacky adjustment for shoe size.

Sorry, rock
7.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
WOW... I never thought of that. That''s really weird. Maybe the shoes are that way so that the heels don''t look disproportional with the additional length of the shoe?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is weird! I don''t wear heels much so I hadn''t noticed this in my big foot size, but I do know shoes get wider the bigger they get. Which sucks because I have really narrow feet!

Not to push you into spending more money (although that is kind of my specialty!), but I bet if you went with a designer the heel height would be the same. Stuart Weitzman has TONS of good wedding shoes and I bet the heel height would be the same for all the shoe sizes.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That is nuts, I am also a tall girl and it is really hard just finding a heel that is not crazy high.

AlliMay

Rough_Rock
I hear ya sister!! I found out this same thing when I was in a wedding a couple years ago. I am 5''9" and the other three bridesmaids were 5''4" and under. When we were picking out shoes at the bridal shop, the salesperson told us that their heels would be about 2 1/2" and mine would be 3"...They all wore between a 6 1/2 and a 7 1/2. I only wear an 8 1/2 or 9, but there was still that much of a difference. So that made me over 5 inches taller than any of the other bridesmaids.

Needless to say the photographer put me on the step below everyone else for group photos...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain! I''m tall too, and I love cute sexy heels but I DON''T like feeling like a WNBA player. I haven''t started my shoe search yet, but I can''t imagine it will be easy.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This is unbelievable. I am a shorty, but I have big feet for my height (I am always at DSW being towered by the other women scanning the 9-9.5 clearance section). No wonder it is so hard for me to walk in heels--mine are way taller than my smaller-footed friends :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
D''oh! No wonder I have such a hard time walking in heels!

-The Size 11 Bride

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif

It''s all about the proportions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results