shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question, maybe someone knows the answer to it. I have an old ring that I was told was made in Germany of the 30es. Nephrite and the tourmaline. And this purple tourmaline looks unusual. But I assume that if it is from the 1930-es (could be later, but the mark is interesting, and where I bought it, it could very well be coming from Germany), there were no “discovered” deposits of cuprians. Were they ever mined in other places before Brazil?

Of course, the stone could have been replaced later, but it looks beautiful, has an old cut and I don’t get the intuitive feeling that it was processed the way modern stones are. Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but I am not drawn to tourmalines in general, yet that stone said something to me, and it prompted me to buy the ring.

So... did they ever mine copper-bearing tourmalines before the Brazilian ones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question, maybe someone knows the answer to it. I have an old ring that I was told was made in Germany of the 30es. Nephrite and the tourmaline. And this purple tourmaline looks unusual. But I assume that if it is from the 1930-es (could be later, but the mark is interesting, and where I bought it, it could very well be coming from Germany), there were no “discovered” deposits of cuprians. Were they ever mined in other places before Brazil?

Of course, the stone could have been replaced later, but it looks beautiful, has an old cut and I don’t get the intuitive feeling that it was processed the way modern stones are. Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but I am not drawn to tourmalines in general, yet that stone said something to me, and it prompted me to buy the ring.

So... did they ever mine copper-bearing tourmalines before the Brazilian ones?
Picture????

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing adventures...

A1320C11-14C6-4A16-AF08-1BCF6D67E11E.jpeg

From Mozambique, but goodness they were pretty. About as big as my thumbnail and fairly clear. Also fun to see it in the rough.
Pretty!!! Are you contemplating to buy one?

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick handshot of my new ring. It is barely a paraiba ring (since the paraibas are so tiny), but wow it is still beautiful. The paraibas are from Yvonne Raley, and the setting was done by Wexford Jewelers.

20190921_212809.jpg

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick handshot of my new ring. It is barely a paraiba ring (since the paraibas are so tiny), but wow it is still beautiful. The paraibas are from Yvonne Raley, and the setting was done by Wexford Jewelers.

20190921_212809.jpg

Omg I love the design! It feels so organic and delicate :kiss2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20190921_212809.jpg
Wow, I love this!!! I love the ‘organic elegance’ of your ring. Very pretty on your hand. Your jeweller did a great job.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted for a while, but long story short... I was supposed to hold out on buying gemstones after my last purchase, an aquamarine, but just like it happened with many of you, I saw a Paraiba and I got completely hooked :kiss2:

I'm not going to lie, at first I was skeptical, because they look so unreal, but once I learned how special they were, AND THAT COLOR! which happens to be one of my favorite colors, so I just couldn't resist.

Now, I knew that whenever I got one, I wanted it to be a TRUE Paraiba, from Brazil, preferably untreated, and leaning blue. A tall order! I'm from Latin America, so the idea of having a "local", ethically sourced stone was extra special to me. It took a while to find the right vendor, but I finally did!!!

This is the glowy baby I got, my very first Paraiba:

4826614F-63B3-4DF8-9036-FF22D8781161.JPG BD915521-4951-4E2B-8587-F8614F41220E.JPG

I just got the GIA report, and it's confirmed as a completely natural Brazilian stone!!! Yay!!!!!

Now... I don't have it with me yet, but it would be great to think about how to set it. Any ideas? All the rings here are so amazing, and with great color combos! I'm such a fan of your rings! :love:

This is a 3mm stone, so I'm thinking either a dainty stacking ring (diamond three-stone), or play it up with an elaborate setting like a halo or an open work design... @elle_71125 has mentioned protection is important and a ring would still need to be babied, so your advice is super important to me.

How would you set it?

Did you get this from Yvonne Raley? It looks like the one I had my eye on. So lovely :love: All of these paraibas are!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
565BBE95-8325-4E47-883D-40899BB0944F.jpeg 7D5000B1-3A3C-4C0B-8081-97CE4D93C9F4.jpeg
@YC has a stunning new Paraiba ring. WoW WoW WoW. An amazing stone and setting from Yvonne Raley. Is Yvonne the most popular vendor for glowy Stones?

That's the cab I was drooling over!! Ah so beautiful. Good to see it's on a ring from a PSer. If she ever sells it, I get first dibs!!!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock

voce

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20191212_092213.jpg
An oval paraiba in Yvonne's Collette design.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous rings @voce
Will you make a thread for these beauties?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Is this one paraiba and hauyne?

Yup! When these hauyne became available, I knew I wanted to use them with this paraiba. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results