carat
color
clarity

The secret life of Kim Jong Un’s aunt, who has lived in the

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thought this was an interesting article. :wavey:

The secret life of Kim Jong Un’s aunt, who has lived in the U.S. since 1998

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2e4ec8-12d7-11e6-a9b5-bf703a5a7191_story.html

NEW YORK — Wandering through Times Square, past the Naked Cowboy and the Elmos and the ticket touts, she could be any immigrant trying to live the American Dream.
(Excerpt)
A 60-year-old Korean woman with a soft perm and conservative clothes, she’s taking a weekend off from pressing shirts and hemming pants at the dry-cleaning business she runs with her husband.

But she’s not just any immigrant. She’s an aunt to Kim Jong Un, the young North Korean leader who has threatened to wipe out New York with a hydrogen bomb.

And for the past 18 years, since defecting from North Korea into the waiting arms of the CIA, she has been living an anonymous life here in the United States, with her husband and three children.

[North Korea’s one-percenters savor life in ‘Pyonghattan’]

“My friends here tell me I’m so lucky, that I have everything,” Ko Yong Suk, as she was known when she was part of North Korea’s royal family, told The Washington Post on a recent weekend. “My kids went to great schools and they’re successful, and I have my husband, who can fix anything. There’s nothing we can envy.”

Her husband, previously known as Ri Gang, chimes in, laughing: “I think we have achieved the American Dream.”

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Re: The secret life of Kim Jong Un’s aunt, who has lived in

This is fantastic - thanks for posting.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Diamond_Hawk|1464365981|4036992 said:
This is fantastic - thanks for posting.

Glad you enjoyed it! :wavey:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock

Who knew? What an interesting article. Thanks, Rockinruby!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results