shape
carat
color
clarity

the search for yellow pears

moshy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Very long time lurker - so I just wanted to start off by saying thanks for contributing to such a helpful forum!!

I've finally been given the go ahead to look for a rock for my e.ring, and I've fallen in love with yellow pears :love: which unfortunately seem difficult to find with the addition of a limited budget of about $4000.
I'm planning on haloing it, I'd just like it to be relatively eye clean, and love the light lemony colours.

Is anyone up for a pear hunt?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Besides those recommended above, you could check the Mark Broumand website. His ad banner occasionally flashes at the top of the Pricescop page. Note, I can't vouch for him personally. I have seen only a handfull of PSers post rings designed by him but they were lovely. One note, from his pictures it looks as if he often sets his diamonds with an 18k filigree semi closed back setting. This adds a nice boost to the yellow diamond color and is attractive in design but will be harder to clean behind the diamond.

Also Jewels by Grace has had an attractive yellow pear or two in the past. You could ask her to keep watch for one. I love yellow pears too. I can't wait to see what you find.

moshy

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, thanks for your contributions - I'm also looking forward to the pear hunt!

I have sent through an inquiry to DBL, so many thanks for the recommendation :clap:

I had spotted the JA pear with the inclusion - its just such a big one. Reminds me of a little flea hanging around.

Will keep you updated when I hear back from DBL

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a recent recipient of a light-lemony cushion, I look forward to watching you diamond hunt! (well, I'm hoping you'll share some of your hunt.)

Might I suggest that you ask James Allen about that beautiful yellow pear? Unless you have uber sight, is it possible that that inclusion is more like a freckle? Could it be that at the real life size, rather than the wonderful close up James Allen gives us on the website, that cute little freckle would not be noticeable? It might be worth a question about whether it's eye-clean.

Otherwise, my experience with Leibish was just lovely. Not the usual, as I was a winner, rather than a customer, but I have a feeling, based on what I've seen here, they are great to work with, as are James Allen and DBL. Now, if only I had the budget to add to my colored diamond collection.

I wish you lots of luck and great success in your search.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this one, really looks like a drop of sunshine, but might be too orange. Cut looks nice, color seems even, I don't see the inclusions, and its not deep so its a nice mm size

I feel like DK could make a plain shank halo to keep you at your budget.

http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamonds/fancy-orange-yellow-pear-21273

Eta: you could obo it to get a little more for the setting. However it has strong white fluorescence, which sounds super cool but make sure it doesn't effect it negatively

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201419834697?_mwBanner=1

_34650.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Try McGivern Diamonds. Aka Overnight diamonds. He specializes in fancy colored diamonds. I had a great experience with him. Great customer service and wonderful prices. He's located in Ohio however does most of his business on line. I've used a few online vendors in the past and he's the best I've dealt with. Good luck. I love pears!!!

moshy

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Just wanted to update and say thank you for all the suggestions and help :appl:
We ended up going with a ring that was listed, that DBL also suggested.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-72ct-fancy-brownish-yellow-pear-diamond-cool-fluoro-gia-r3392

I did a bit more research and when importing into Australia you have to pay a 10% goods and services tax and then ANOTHER duty tax as well :silenced: so that ring was the right price fit for our budget - my bank account has taken a hit with the terrible $AUD and another $900 on top!
I am a very happy lady however, and I am very excited to get it. Hopefully I'm allowed to try it on once before my boyfriend hides it away :angel:
thanks again!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Moshe, congratulations on your new ring! :appl: So glad you found something that you love! I hope you will start a new thread in SMTB when you get it with LOTS of pictures! It's beautiful so everyone will be looking forward to hand shots too! Well done! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results