shape
carat
color
clarity

The Running Thread

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish we had something like that around here to run in. I love the water so that would be a bonus. My gramma has an in ground pool and we live just around the corner from her, so I did do a lot of crazy moves, running and high knees and things this year while the kids swam. It's not set up to really run in, but I could run the width back and forth in the shallow end at least.

Ordered these http://www.zappos.com/asics-gt-1000-electric-punch-white-highlighter-yellow#prdInfo but got them cheaper thru Amazon..and am kinda ticked now b/c they're not scheduled for delivery until next Thursday-that's about 10 days or more from when I ordered them. I'd have just spent the extra $15 and ordered them thru Zappos if I'd known, dangit.

AND, my knees still hurt-it's been almost 2 weeks and I still can't jog. We've walked the trail a couple times and even that makes me sore. I can't believe that wearing a pair of shoes for like 3.5 miles one time could mess up my knees that bad for heavens sakes.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thought id *bump* this thread again =) selfish reasons of course, im back in training (and feeling scared and sorry for myself)...

Packrat are you still running? hope your knees got better. Canuck, Dee*jay, Skippy?

VC are you out there? read back on our last exchanges, and guess what, i got into the nyc marathon! Well actually my SO did, and im paying for my entry. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the irony that my SO won the lottery and has been running exactly 2 times in the last decade (maybe 2). And rest assured peeps he will kick my ass on the day im sure :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is still out pounding the pavements!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw|1375416571|3495030 said:
Thought id *bump* this thread again =) selfish reasons of course, im back in training (and feeling scared and sorry for myself)...

Packrat are you still running? hope your knees got better. Canuck, Dee*jay, Skippy?

VC are you out there? read back on our last exchanges, and guess what, i got into the nyc marathon! Well actually my SO did, and im paying for my entry. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the irony that my SO won the lottery and has been running exactly 2 times in the last decade (maybe 2). And rest assured peeps he will kick my a$$ on the day im sure :bigsmile:

blackpaw, that's AWESOME! So glad to hear you'll get to experience the NYC Marathon! Good luck with your training...I'm sure you will do AMAZINGLY!

I've been off pounding pavement for a good chunk of the summer...I've been having post and/or during run hip pains around my left hip joint and I've been too busy to get to a doctor about it, so I just took myself off of running until I get the chance to have it looked at. Things are slowing down around here now (at least a little) so I'm hoping I can manage an appointment sometime in the next two months and get some more miles back under my sneakers before it gets too cold here in Michigan! Sucks, cuz I was back up to about 12 miles a week when it started bothering me! :nono:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1375485250|3495605 said:

VC are you out there? read back on our last exchanges, and guess what, i got into the nyc marathon! Well actually my SO did, and im paying for my entry. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the irony that my SO won the lottery and has been running exactly 2 times in the last decade (maybe 2). And rest assured peeps he will kick my a$$ on the day im sure :bigsmile:

blackpaw, that's AWESOME! So glad to hear you'll get to experience the NYC Marathon! Good luck with your training...I'm sure you will do AMAZINGLY!

I've been off pounding pavement for a good chunk of the summer...I've been having post and/or during run hip pains around my left hip joint and I've been too busy to get to a doctor about it, so I just took myself off of running until I get the chance to have it looked at. Things are slowing down around here now (at least a little) so I'm hoping I can manage an appointment sometime in the next two months and get some more miles back under my sneakers before it gets too cold here in Michigan! Sucks, cuz I was back up to about 12 miles a week when it started bothering me! :nono:

oh shame VC, injuries just never seem to end with running. Ive had a recurring injury since the end of 2011 and am going to see a physio next week, figure nows the time to do it! but i want them to have a magic fix and they never do. hope you get your hip seen to soon.

Do you usually run in winter there? I live in the rockies and i run all winter, though i certainly wouldnt train for a race at that time.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Just started running this summer - doing my first 5K in a few weeks. I mostly run indoors on my treadmill but started running outdoors this week to prepare for the 5K.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah, I've not run for a long time. It took dang near a month for my knees to get better. I'd gone back to the gym and lost quite a bit of weight, aaaaaand then I gained it all back plus some.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VC are you out there? read back on our last exchanges, and guess what, i got into the nyc marathon! Well actually my SO did, and im paying for my entry. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the irony that SO won the lottery and has been running exactly 2 times in the last decade (maybe 2). And rest assured peeps he will kick my a$$ on the day im sure :bigsmile:

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I didn't even know there was a running thread. Congratulations Blackpaw. I just had to say that to anyone who got into NYC marathon.

I just finished Marine Corp Marathon in late October. It was an amazing experience. I'm glad I did it this year because next year is going to be by lottery. Hope to chat with you running diamond lovers. Now if there was a sign that said "free 10 carat at the finish line", I probably would have PR'd. LOL!! :)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Anyone around? I'm trying to get back into running. I used to run a lot, but had a baby 6 months ago. Anyone around to offer some motivation? I currently run on the treadmill at the gym in my office building a few times a week before work.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Hey, SMC, I'll jump on here with you! I've been trying to run on and off for almost three years now. I could never run worth anything before, but decided to try the couch to 5k program on the treadmill, and it worked really well for me. I've had a lot of stops and starts due to crazy work schedules and some health issues, but I'm back at it now. My husband and I decided to train for a thanksgiving 10k, but he hasn't been able to run for a week or so now because he has shin splints from soccer apparently. So I don't know if he'll be able to catch up and train with me. I'm trying to stay motivated to do it on my own, but I've never run more than 4 miles, so I'm a little nervous about whether I'll get in shape in time! Do you have any specific goals you're working toward?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
No races planned, though I think that I need to sign up for a 5K or something just so I have something to work towards. Right now, I'm only running to lose the baby weight. I rarely have more than 30 minutes to use the treadmill before I have to get showered and ready for work. I've been watching a lot of Netflix on my phone though, just to power through.

I'd love to find the time to train for a half-marathon, but I don't think that's realistic unless I decide to give up sleep altogether!

A Thanksgiving 10K sounds like fun. I don't think that you have to be too worried about it - you could probably walk that in less than 90 minutes if it really came down to it. What are you doing for training? Do you run outside or on the treadmill?

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Right now I'm running on the treadmill, but mostly because I can't stand the hot weather. Hopefully it will cool down in a few weeks, and then I'll switch to outside to get used to more realistic race conditions. I'm thinking I should try to find a 5k to do in a month or so, too.

I was going to do a half marathon with my sister this past spring, but for various reasons I ended up not being able to train for it, so instead my sister, my aunt, and I walked a 5k together, which was fun.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
SMC, are you still at it? I really need some motivation!

I haven't run much in several weeks, mostly because my DH can't run for at least another week or two probably. And things get busy and we make excuses not to exercise. That said, I have lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks, so that's encouraging, but it's just the initial water weight loss from cutting out excessive carbs and such.

I'm planning to go running tonight, but I'm sort of dreading it, because I know I've let myself get out of shape, and it'll be a rough run. I like having goals from week to week, but as soon as I get off track for a little while, I feel like I'm starting almost from zero again, and I get so frustrated.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I rarely check this thread because it's so quiet over here. Sorry!

I'm still running regularly before work. I do all my weekday runs on the treadmill and I try to go for long runs on the weekend. I signed up for a half marathon at the end of November, and my goal is to complete that. It will be my first postpartum race!

It was hard getting into a gym routine in the beginning (waking up at 5am so I can pump, make lunch, walk the dog,and take my baby to daycare) but I've been at it for a few months now and it's starting to feel ok. I really enjoy watching Hulu and Netflix while running so it makes the miles go by faster. My weight has been going down too, but I think that it's more of a result of breastfeeding than running.

Hope you're doing well! Any races planned?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results