shape
carat
color
clarity

The round vs square "size" debate...what do you see?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Dreamer_D said:
Love it!

Now when it arrives, I hereby order you to wear it every day :devil:

HA! I was wondering when you'd make it on and see this thread! I will wear it every day and right away!

Do not even worry about insurance, existing policies will cover new jewelry for 30 days so you are covered. No excuses missy!

I have been watching the Tudors and am full or orders these days :rodent:

libramom

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ring is absolutely beautiful :love:

I know your excited :))

Congrats on getting the ring of your dreams :appl:

LM

redyns

Rough_Rock
HAND PICTURES!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
libramom said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ring is absolutely beautiful :love:

I know your excited :))

Congrats on getting the ring of your dreams :appl:

LM

Thanks LM!! You too. Did yours arrive yet? I haven't been around much with my nephew in the hospital and the wedding in 16 days...I have been running like a nut! I'm going to poke around and see if I find a thread for you yet.

redyns said:
HAND PICTURES!

As soon as it arrives, I promise!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
IT'S SHIPPING TODAY!!! Will be here tomorrow!!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
awesome...can't wait to see it!!!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! I can't wait to see hand pics. I'm so glad that you found the perfect diamond. :)

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
shihtzulover said:
It's beautiful! I can't wait to see hand pics. I'm so glad that you found the perfect diamond. :)

Thank you!

Okay....
It's HERE! It's BEAUTIFUL. Much whiter than the princess cut stone!! Size wise it still looks about the same to me....but it's SO much more sparkly. I absolutely love this legato micropave setting. I can't believe how different the RB stone is to my eyes. I have no other way to describe what I see but to call it "movement". I can even see the ceiling fan up above bouncing around in the facets of the ring...it's really amazing. I do not see this in my princess cut stone or in the one I swapped out. I still find them equally as beautiful to look at, but performance wise I am starting to understand why so many lean towards the RB stone!

I will take pics in a bit. Have to get some work done and then bring in all our patio furniture and hanging plants, etc. before the storm rolls in. Looks like we won't take a direct hit over here, but they are expecting winds up to 80mph so it looks like we'll be looking at a nasty tropical storm like winds or a lower category hurricane. So...I'm scurrying around a lot and I'm sorry to prolong hand pics. I know how that drives us all crazy. But, I'll get them up soon. Promise!!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Camera phone pic for now. :tongue:

IMG_6544.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! :love: :love: That looks SOOO GOOD on your hand. Keep your eyes on the road!! I know it's difficult. I love hanging my hand out of the car window and watching the fire and sparkle in the side view mirror. It's probably worse than texting while driving! ::)

I'm so glad you are thrilled. Thanks for the hand shot!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
It looks absolutely gorgeous on your hand! I can't wait to see more pics. :)

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, both!

Here are some more photos I took this afternoon. Bummer we don't have any sun today...it's been in the mid 90's and hot as heck all week...figures I get the ring on a predicted hurricane day. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you guys think..

round_pic8.jpg
round_pic9.jpg
round_pic6.jpg
round_pic5.jpg
round_pic4.jpg
round_pic3.jpg
round_pic1.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
DIDN'T I TELL YOU THAT WAS GOING TO BE A BEAUTY?!?!?!?!?!?! :bigsmile:

I love how it turned out! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm really glad you found one that you love, you petulant woman. :lol: :wavey:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
DIDN'T I TELL YOU THAT WAS GOING TO BE A BEAUTY?!?!?!?!?!?! :bigsmile:

I love how it turned out! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm really glad you found one that you love, you petulant woman. :lol: :wavey:

HA! I love you! I read your recent post in the SMTB forums about being shot at amongst many other things you've been through...I wish you were closer, I'd buy you a drink. Where is "home" for you anyway?

And, yes, you were right!! I'm so glad I took the chance on going with the round. It's BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it fits your hand perfectly. Thanks for all the hand shots! Love the one with the arrows. :love:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Starry! I am loving this ring. It's so sunny today and a beautiful day this ring is so sparkly and blinding in the car...it also shoots little rainbows all over the car. :love:

I have not seen the inclusion in the ring since I put it on either, so I'm really happy I went down in clarity and got the round. I've worn it for over 24 hours now and can't stop looking at it. Love it.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Thanks, Starry! I am loving this ring. It's so sunny today and a beautiful day this ring is so sparkly and blinding in the car...it also shoots little rainbows all over the car. :love:

I have not seen the inclusion in the ring since I put it on either, so I'm really happy I went down in clarity and got the round. I've worn it for over 24 hours now and can't stop looking at it. Love it.
Drive carefully!! I swear - new diamonds are an even bigger distraction than texting while driving! :bigsmile: I love those rainbows all over the car. They can be really spectacular in the window seat on the airplane too.

Did you look at your diamond through the loupe to see where the inclusions actually are? I just looked at mine today. I think it's important to be able to ID the inclusions - that's what makes your stone unique.

Love, love, love it! So glad you opted for the RB! :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and a lovely ring. I've been following your journey and hope you continue to love this beauty for many, many years. Congratulations.

daysie8

Rough_Rock
Congrats Septsparkle~!! Looking very gorgeous on your finger :wacko:

And yes, starry is right! I've been beemped sooo many times since I got my ring, so pls be extra careful!!

Also, as a new diamond wearer, I can't believe how quickly it smudges and gets dirty - so always handy to carry a few medi swabs in your bag to keep it always so deliciously shiny!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Garry H (Cut Nut) said:
when comparing a loose to a set diamond the set stone will always appear larger

Thanks, Garry.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Flygirl & Daysie, I'm really very pleased with the ring. It's beautiful. I'm so excited to finally have it!!
Daysie, I'm so glad that your ring turned out to be beautiful and that you are happy with it. I know what you mean about the smudges. I notice that on all of my jewelry...I can clean it and a few hours later it looks dirty again! :errrr:

starryeyed said:
septsparkle said:
Did you look at your diamond through the loupe to see where the inclusions actually are? I just looked at mine today. I think it's important to be able to ID the inclusions - that's what makes your stone unique.

Love, love, love it! So glad you opted for the RB! :love:

I am easily able to see the inclusion under a loupe. There is one grade making crystal along one of the arrows that I can see with the loupe. I can also see it once and a while if I take a photo and blow it up real big. I know exactly where to look for it but can't see it 99% of the time even holding the stone up to my eyes as close as I can focus. If I take it into the sun and twirl it around and catch the sun just right I can see a tiny little pinpoint in one of the arrows, but I've really had to look for it to see that and I mean really look like for a few solid minutes to find it. Except for when I opened the box in the parking lot of FedEx when they sent me the stone for inspection..don't ya know it showed up RIGHT AWAY. I thought for sure it would bother the heck out of me and I haven't really seen it since. Strange. There is also a small feather along the pavilion that I haven't bothered to look for and I don't think I would find.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! I ripped my box open right IN the FedEx office! :bigsmile:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Bahahahah!!!! You are SO funny. I thought I was bad for being in the parking lot!!

daysie8

Rough_Rock
LOL! I was trying to spot those inclusions in moonlight (ie. right after I got proposed to)!! I think I just about made myself go blind searching madly for the pinpricks. Lucky my FI is an optometrist!! :Up_to_something:

And Starryeyed is right - it is important to know where the inclusions, makes it much harder for them to do the switcheraroo thingy

p.s I don't think I said this earlier, but I absolutely LOVE your setting Septsparkle. I actually had that setting in mind when I was going to purchase from the U.S, but then things took on another course when we opted to go aussie. Anyhoo, I am now planning the next project cos PS has made diamonds that addictive!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Daysie! I am really loving this setting. I love that it's dainty and subtle but has a little extra something at the same time.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Are you a convert now? :Up_to_something:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Gorgeous!

Thank you! Yep, I'm afraid so. I can't get enough of this ring I absolutely love it. I was even afraid to post when it first arrived for fear I'd start to see something wrong with it after the excitement wore off. lol. But, I absolutely LOVE it. Love, love, love this RB stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Dreamer_D said:
Gorgeous!

Thank you! Yep, I'm afraid so. I can't get enough of this ring I absolutely love it. I was even afraid to post when it first arrived for fear I'd start to see something wrong with it after the excitement wore off. lol. But, I absolutely LOVE it. Love, love, love this RB stone!

Good!

And I agree with a post your wrote earlier about loving the princess shape and cut but how you can see why people love the performance of an RB. I agree. I like all diamonds, they are all pretty, but there is something about the life in an RB that does not have a comparison. Perhaps some of the new chunky cushions from GOG or some old cuts, but I have not seen those in person. It is on my wish list.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry it took so long to respond, we are 9 days out from the wedding and I am involved in many DIY projects! Yes, there is a life to the RB that I have not seen in other shapes as well. I can see how it would be possible in the antique shapes though and I also think they are beautiful. I wish I had checked out GOG when I still lived in the next town over from them! :angryfire:

Been wearing the ring everyday and haven't doubted the decision once, I am SO much happier with this stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results