shape
carat
color
clarity

the rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
How do you make good pictures?? The STUPID camera always wants to focus on something in the background!!!

sturkiering4.jpg

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
Anyway since my pics aren't great, I will tell about the ring, it's .75 g si2 from Blue Nile and the ring is just a six prong tiffany style from Dem's (columbia, sc).

sturkiering5.jpg

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
Place the stone upwards so we can see it!!!!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
appl.gif

WalnutCrunch

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 4/9/2003 8:32:17 AM sturkiej wrote:

How do you make good pictures?? The STUPID camera always wants to focus on something in the background!!!
----------------

What camera are you using? Maybe I or someone else here can help.

WC

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a scanner? I have heard of people using scanners to take pix of their rings, works pretty well too from what I have seen. Put the ring on the scanner and scan I guess!

If not, try getting a little farther away with your camera. It won't be a closeup, but if it is a digital, then you may be able to get farther away, focus on the ring, and then crop out the surrounding stuff to make the picture just be of the ring itself. This is what I have been doing with success. My camera is a 3.1 megapixel so any picture, even from farther away, makes the ring look huge! I have to resize and crop anyway.

For closeups it took me DAYS and hours of trying to get a few shots. Sounds like others have that experience too. Just keep trying!!

Good luck
1.gif

MsGolightly

Rough_Rock
is it just me or does the setting look off? somehow slightly unproportional? maybe it's just the picture.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it is off - I think it may be a pear shape from the looks of it??

~Dancin Girl
9.gif

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
sorry I didn't clarify it being a pear. here is a bad front pic still can't quite get the hang of the digital camera.

sturkie4.jpg

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Set the Camera's shooting mode to "Macro" if its a Digicam. Its a Little symbol that looks like a Flower on your menu.. I dont know if its that way for all cameras but mine is an olympus so hope it Helps..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results