shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ring Mariah SHOULD Have Gotten QUIZ

iLander

Ideal_Rock
MANY THANKS TO ROCKHUGGER FOR TAKING THE DARE!
35.gif

The dare was that someone should call Ishay Ben-David diamonds and find out how much this amazing pink ring costs.

So, let's play; HOW MUCH do you think it is? No fair peeking, or it sucks the fun right out of it. Take an educated guess.

First the fantabulous specs: 8.16 CARAT FANCY PURPLE-PINK.

Now remember, a .07 carat fancy vivid pink on the same website is $750. Purple pink is very rare, and I'm not sure if it's more rare than vivid pink, but notice the carat weight on the 2 stones.

Here's the info (from the website) my new FAVE diamond: CHECK OUT THE SIZE ON THIS MONSTER! Whip out your millimeter rulers and we'll all gasp together:
36.gif

A truly astonishing and rare pink diamond ring featuring a breathtaking GIA certified Fancy Purple-Pink diamond in a gorgeous make Pear Shape, weighs an impressive 8.16 carats! Very sweet baby pink tone, SI2 graded clarity invisible to the naked eye. Mounted exquisitely on a custom handmade 2 row pink diamond pave and white diamond shank - substantially large appearance and incredible piece.
Item Number: 6104PP
Cut: Pear Shape
Carat Weight: 8.16 ct.
Color: Fancy Purple-Pink
Clarity: SI2
Price: Please call for price
Additional Information
Measurements: 16.61 x 10.58 x 6.90

You can research more pricing on their site: http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_colored_diamond_details.cfm?id=6104PP

leibishi6104PP.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2.99

31.gif

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Further food for thought while you are guessing the price: Mariah''s ring was 2.5 million dollars. And it''s not nearly as nice as this one!

Now that I have seen this Ishay ring, I pity Mariah, because she could have had a REALLY nice pink diamond.

Somebody also tell us if they have ever purchased from Ishay so we can all live vicariously . . .

PITYmariagh.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 6:30:21 PM
Author: iLander
I pity Mariah, because she could have had a REALLY nice pink diamond.
LOL no pity from me, I am pretty sure she can still have it if she wants...
2.gif
4.gif
9.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh oh can I guess??!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t count that high
7.gif
3.gif
7.gif

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 7:31:13 PM
Author: RockHugger
Oh oh can I guess??!!!

Now Rockhugger, that wouldn''t be fair.
38.gif
LOL!

But how about this: since you took the dare (you''re far braver than I) you can tell everybody the price (and the punch line) when you decide they''ve had enough time to guess.
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh ugh. I''m not a pear fan or a pink diamond fan, but seeing that close-up of Mariah''s ring makes me adore this one in comparison. It''s so much more tasteful!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll say 25 million. But I have NO idea.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably, less. (I am judging by the prices for red diamonds). I''d say 10 mil.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about diamonds, but maybe 1.8 mil? It is def over 1.5, but how much over I am not sure.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You all (except LD) lol are wasay overballing it. I was shocked at the price.

Brazen irish is HOT!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? No 99 cent starting auction price?
11.gif
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, having done absolutely no research I''m going to take a wild guess. I remember that JLo''s 6-carat pink diamond ring was around $3M, however I''m not sure about any of those specs or if something more pink/purplish is worth more. Since JLo''s ring is the only basis I have, I''m going to go with $5.5M. That would mean that JLo''s ring was around $500K per carat and this would be closer to $675K per carat...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I''ll throw in my guess, that I made before RockHugger made the phone call: $8 million.

I was AMAZED at the actual price.
23.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$980,000?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I know I am being a party pooper for saying, but I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets!

The price of that BEAUTIFUL diamond ring is......***drumroll**

1.6million!

For a stone that size and color, that is an AMAZING price. SO anyone wanna buy it for me? :razz:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps the company selling it owns a mine?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think that is quite a good deal actually.

When you compare it to Mariah''s pitiful not-so-pink E-ring, which was almost twice the price, this puppy is a bargain.

For somebody, not me, of course, but for somebody, a real steal.

I think Mariah totally got taken, that thing that she has is NOT worth that money.

If the state would just give in to my letters and send me that winning lottery ticket, I''d be there. LOL
41.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results