shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring is on it''s way! (pics included) Proposing soon...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
The engagement ring I ordered from GOG is on it''s way! I''m really excited (and nervous) to see it in person tomorrow. I''m proposing soon in a beautiful place in California (details will follow after I propose). My girlfriend thinks we''re going somewhere for an early birthday weekend surprise, so it will be a big surprise when I actually propose. Anyway, here are the specs of the ring and a few pictures sent to me from GOG. The setting is Vache Royal Crown in yellow gold.

0.84ct I VS2 Round H&A

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 0.84ct
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal (estimated)
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
est AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium
Girdle: 1.73%

84IVS2_side.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful..good luck with your proposal...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just lovely! And different!

Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a wow!!! Good luck with the proposal, I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Vatche is a wonderful quality setting, too!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is just a gorgeous ring!!! Best of luck wiith your proposal and please come back with details and hand shots!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
congrats!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty...And I love that she''s going to be so surprised! Congratulations! Show us hand shots when you give it to her!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
You must must must show us hand pics after your proposal. I keep coming back to the vatche rc (in yellow gold!) so I''d love to see it on your girl. Congratulations!

trottier80

Rough_Rock
It''s beautiful. Can I ask how long it took from when you 1st placed the order? I too bought from GOG and got a Vatche setting. It''s been about 3 weeks and the wait is killing me although I know it will be worth it. Tehy said about 4 weeks. Just curious how long it took to get yours adn what the process was. Did they call, email, morse code??? Thanks and Good luck with the proposal. It''ll be great.

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
Great stuff...she is going to love it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! I adore the Vatche RC! With your ideal cut sparkler in there, it''s going to be stunning.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done! Its lovely to see yellow gold! Congratulations
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations ahead of time. Can''t wait to hear the proposal details!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful classic ring. I love it and so will she. Good luck with the proposal, I''m sure it will knock her socks off.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:39:02 PM
Author: trottier80
It's beautiful. Can I ask how long it took from when you 1st placed the order? I too bought from GOG and got a Vatche setting. It's been about 3 weeks and the wait is killing me although I know it will be worth it. Tehy said about 4 weeks. Just curious how long it took to get yours adn what the process was. Did they call, email, morse code??? Thanks and Good luck with the proposal. It'll be great.
*small threadjack*

Hi trottier,

Did you get the diamond you had on hold? I've been wondeing if you got it.

I also got my stone and Vatche setting from GOG. They told me 3-4 weeks, and it came back to them exactly 3 weeks later. They called and it was sent out to me that day, arrived the next morning.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Congratulations in advance!

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Ellen,
I did go through with the Round .75 G VS2 H&A from GOG with the x prong vatche with princess cut diamonds. I got the email today with the pics. I was pretty pumped today to say the least. I don''t want to hijack this thread so I will start another.

Date: 3/13/2007 9:39:02 PM
It''s beautiful. Can I ask how long it took from when you 1st placed the order? I too bought from GOG and got a Vatche setting. It''s been about 3 weeks and the wait is killing me although I know it will be worth it. Tehy said about 4 weeks. Just curious how long it took to get yours adn what the process was. Did they call, email, morse code??? Thanks and Good luck with the proposal. It''ll be great.
Hi Scott,

It actually was quicker than they told me (3 weeks). It took about 2 weeks, and they emailed me (no morse code). I''m glad to hear that you got pics now though of your ring. :)

pessimistic optimist

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Good luck with the proposal!

Thanks for the comments everyone! Everyone is going platinum so I thought, yellow gold is the way to go. :) I like to fight what is "in" and go with what works. I have nothing against platinum lovers, because settings are very beautiful in platinum as well, but not only do I like this setting in yellow gold with platinum prongs, but my girlfriend is a yellow gold girl.

The ring arrived today and it''s beautiful!

I just hope it''s the right size. My only way of trying to find out was by measuring her finger while she was sleeping. And that wasn''t easy... Either way though, we can get it resized if it doesn''t fit perfectly...

Anyway, I''m very happy with the ring and with everyone who helped me at GOG.

I will definitely be posting more pics soon. I just have to find time when she isn''t around to see the ring... which will be difficult considering we live together... I will have plenty of time to take and post pics of the ring on her finger after I propose in several weeks.

I can''t stop looking at it, but I''m at work, so I''m having to restrain myself from taking it out of it''s box and looking at it. Not only that, but my girlfriend called as I am writing this, and I soooooooooooo want to tell her and show her the ring tonight... I''ll just have to wait and follow through with my evil plan. Muah ha haaaaaaaa!

- pessimistic optimist

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 6:50:11 PM
Author: pessimistic optimist
I will definitely be posting more pics soon. I just have to find time when she isn''t around to see the ring... which will be difficult considering we live together... I will have plenty of time to take and post pics of the ring on her finger after I propose in several weeks.

- pessimistic optimist
6.gif
That''s just evil.
9.gif
2.gif

We''ll be waiting, and good luck!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Measuring her finger while sleeping... quite a funny mental image.

I''m sure you got pretty close, and the style of the ring should be easy to resize if necessary.

Congratulations and good luck! While it is great to have all the input from the sweet, patient and knowledgeable PS-women, it is also nice to see that other guys are here who are putting in a lot of time and effort to get the perfect ring for their future fiances. And you did a great job!

Date: 3/14/2007 6:56:53 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Measuring her finger while sleeping... quite a funny mental image.

I''m sure you got pretty close, and the style of the ring should be easy to resize if necessary.

Congratulations and good luck! While it is great to have all the input from the sweet, patient and knowledgeable PS-women, it is also nice to see that other guys are here who are putting in a lot of time and effort to get the perfect ring for their future fiances. And you did a great job!
Thanks for the compliment... but I really like the compliments you gave to the sweet, patient, and knowledgeable PS-women so that you didn''t get your head ripped off. jk. ;-) I know that their input has helped me a great deal in learning about rings and diamonds.

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Pessimistic, I got the email from GOG with the ring pics but when I go to attach them to a new thread, it gives me an error message. Can you let me know what you did to post the pics. Did yoiu save them, how did you save them...etc... I am clueless here and really want to show someone the ring since I can''t show her.

Date: 3/14/2007 8:26:33 PM
Pessimistic, I got the email from GOG with the ring pics but when I go to attach them to a new thread, it gives me an error message. Can you let me know what you did to post the pics. Did yoiu save them, how did you save them...etc... I am clueless here and really want to show someone the ring since I can''t show her.

Hey Scott,

Did you get it to work?

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Wow! That''s a beauty! Can''t wait to see hand-shots!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results