shape
carat
color
clarity

the proposal story you''ve been waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
I''m wearing my rock - and as my sister''s boyfriend said, "you need shades to look at that thing!"
If you haven''t seen it check out the threads from me on show me the ring. Those photos don''t do it justice. It''s blindingly white in office lighting, bursts with prisms of color in sunlight and dazzles in the dark! I LOVE IT! I was a little afraid the ideal cut rounds on the side would compete with the center princess - but that princess is a stunner!

So here goes:

I ran the NY marathon yesterday - my third marathon. I won''t even embarrass myself by telling you the time - except to say it was way behind P.Diddy and a half hour worse than my goal.

After crying in the arms of a friend - who ran 9 miles with me - in the family meeting area, she told me to call my sweetheart while he had a break from work (he took on a second job to help raise money for our wedding - I knew we were getting married) back in Massachusetts.
I didn''t want to talk to him cause I was disappointed in myself and my parents and sister - who are all very impatient (like me!) - were waiting.
But she persisted. So I called. Three times. And the phone call wouldn''t go through. Makes sense since 35,000 people were calling friends and family at the same time.
I finally got through the fourth time and was well, how can I say this nicely? I was a female dog if you get my drift.
I complained and whined and he told me he was proud of me and I hurried to get off the phone to see my parents - who stood out for hours in Queens (where I grew up) to spot me and hug my sweaty, smelly self.
He said, "can''t you stay on for a few more minutes?"
And then I felt a poke on my shoulder.
I turned around and looked right into his big blue eyes.
"what are you doing here?" I screamed
"Hi!" he said
"what the **** are you doing here?" I repeated - still oblivious.
He got down on one knee.
I hit him on the shoulder and said, "I hate you!" - which if you know me means I am so excited and mad at you because you will turn me into a blubbering fool.
I had my right hand over my mouth - from which came the garbled cries of "oh my God," "no, no no," and "get up!"
I collapsed on my knees in front of him.
He - all the while staring into my brown eyes streaming with tears - said:
"You''ve just run the Boston Marathon and I am so proud of you. Now I want to run the long race with you. I want to spend my life with you. Will you marry me?"
I squealed and yelled, "yes!"
The hundreds of people - that had unbeknownst to us formed a circle around us - clapped and cheered.
We kissed for a LONG TIME and hugged. My friend said we twirled as we hugged - but I don''t recall. All I know is I was shaking I was crying so hard.
And we have pictures!
Some are digital some are not.
I will be able to download some tonight and post them after 2 a.m. - when I am home from work.

Yay! for wonderful boyfriends!
I am so happy!
My dad said it was like something out of a movie!
Jenibear

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratultions jenibear,

We all love happy engagements.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thank you diamondbob!
Happy we are!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Jenibear what a fun story! Wow we had a bunch of engagements this weekend didn't we! Must be all that Halloween spirit
1.gif
Congratulations and I bet your ring is blinding..enjoy wearing it!

TooMuchInformation

Rough_Rock
Congrats! That's great news! It's always really great to read these sorts of success stories! I wish both of you the best!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JeniBear,

Congrats and a wonderful story.........
loopy.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Awesome story Jenibear. Congratulations.

That Boston Marathon, by the way, will feel like a sprint compared to marriage.

Heh heh heh... A great run though.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! YAY!!! Now you get to wear that gorgeous ring!!! Wear it well!! WOOHOO!
appl.gif

PS~ Wasn't it the NY Marathon this weekend that P. Diddy did? I live not far from Boston, (40 mins) and that was awhile ago if I remember correctly? I didn't know if that was just a typo in all your excitement, or if he really said that by accident, or if I am totally wrong?
9.gif

Whichever - congrats anyways!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Dancing girl -
thanks for catching my boo boo.

I did run NY - as I said in the email - but I said Boston as a mistake. I ran Boston last year. My head has not been with me these past few days. I am just an excited mess!

Thanks for everyone's kind words!

I have to post the pictures tonight. I crashed when I got home!
Jenibear

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
What a marvelous and fun story! Congratulations!!!!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Love that warm feeling these stories give me. Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
When my honey tapped me on the shoulder

themeeting.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
When he got down on one knee and I started bawling.

onbendedknee.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a great story!!! Looks like Hollywood!
9.gif

You two make a great couple! Congrats!
appl.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a story -- you made me cry
It's one you'll re-live as years go by!

It doesn't matter how you finished that day
You were the WINNER in a great big way!

Congratulations....and all the best.

(PS- my daughter is training for her first marathon and is so discouraged because she's so much slower then everyone else in her group....any advice or words or encouragement???)

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! A lovely story.

I was involved with the NYC Marathon myself this past weekend ----> stuck in traffic trying to get to my brother's wedding out in Long Island.

rodent.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Magna - I hope you made it to the wedding alright. That must have been awful. Getting to Long Island on a weekend is always bad. Couple it with a marathon and its torture! Hope the celebration more than made up for the aggravation!

And HeyJude -
Tell your daughter that finishing a marathon is a feat in itself. Most people will never do it in a lifetime - and many who set out to give up halfway. I know I was disappointed in myself - but now that I am a few days removed I have a better perspective.
Tell her to do her best and her best is all she can do. Some people are not fast. Some people just have great endurance - me being one of the endurance people.
The best feeling is finishing a marathon knowing you gave your all and you did not walk a single step. You may have to slow down to a shuffle run - but never ever stop and walk.
There's no need to compare yourself against others - in running or life - you need to judge yourself against yourself. If we all did that more the world would be a happier place.
It's about what your daughter can accomplish giving her all, not her all compared to someone else's all.\
I wish her the best of luck

Thanks for everyone's wishes. I have more photos to scan that are even better than these! I hope to do that tonight!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Jenibear....thanks so much for your wise words of advice. I will tell my Sara exactly what you said. She is trying so hard! As a kid in high school she couldn't even finish the 1 mile run...now the fact that she is running the race is so amazing to us. We are all proud of her efforts and she is determined to RUN the race no matter what! Best of luck to you and keep on running!

wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I am constantly amazed at how creative and unique each person's engagement story is! This is one of the best!
16.gif

Many CONGRATS and best wishes for a long, happy, and healthy life together!
love.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
More photos!
My cutie being silly - showing us all how good he is about keeping a secret.

Scottsh.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
My cutie minutes before he popped the question.

Scotty22.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Me collapsed to my knees while he's trying to propose!

overwhelmed2.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I look like I'm going to tackle him!
love.gif

thekiss2.jpg

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Jenibear -
Congrats! - The story was wonderful... and made me get a bit teary...I am very happy for you both. Best of luck.
Icelovr

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I was crying so hard here - there was a girl on the right of us wiping away tears but I had to cut her out so the picture would upload.

thehug3.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Ain't we cute? I love him to death!
appl.gif

thehappycouple2.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the wishes pq. The story got mentioned in the gossip page of the Boston Herald. It doesn't help that I work there!
appl.gif

And HeyJud - I was just like your daughter. Never ran a mile till 2 1/2 years ago. Please let me know how she does. I'm sure she'll be great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results