shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pricescope Wedding Countdown Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dodger Gurl... that is a fantastic site!!!! Love it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
you should start your own thread... and tell us more...
2.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2005 9:08:53 PM
Author: reena
hi guys!

some of you might not know me but i used to be quite the regular here on pricescope.
2.gif
anyway, my wedding is FOREVER away and i don''t know how i''m going to wait!!! our date is:

September 3, 2006!!!!

anyway, im loving reading about everyone else''s planning progress. are there any other san diego brides here?

That''s how I felt a year ago! and now there is no time left! BTW I checked out your wedding/reception site on the link in your other thread.... gorgeous! you must be happy about that!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
dodger gurl,

It looks beautiful!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
My date is not far off from yours, njc! We''re getting married August 7... Two months from TODAY!
9.gif

Done:

-Paid for the chapel (Powell Gardens, beautiful!!)
-Reserved the banquet room at a restaurant for the reception
-Had first dress fitting
-Fiance has his suit, shirt, and shoes!
-Finalized invitation design, ordered and received cardstock, various envelope sizes
-Collected almost everyone''s address
-Found a great minister
-Designed the most unique cake we could think of...
-Have the wedding rings

To Do:

-Find out if our cake can be constructed...
-Decide on flowers
-Finish printing invitations, this week, and mail them
-Finalize the reception menu (tomorrow night!)
-Make sure out of town guests find rooms.
-Confirm that fiance''s sister will sing at the wedding.
-Transportation?? The ceremony is about an hour away from all hotels.
-Decide what the plan is for an evening casual dinner the night before our wedding. (We are having a Sunday morning wedding- so the plan is to keep everyone from staying out TOO late the night before. Also, there is no real "wedding party" so this will take the place of the recital dinner.)

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Hey, Reena''s back!!! I remember you, you always cracked me up. When you left everyone kept saying "Where''s Reena?" LOL! Glad you''re back!

Thanks flopkins! I''m so excited - I finally get to try on the Maggie Madalyn dress that I love!! However, lately I''ve been concerned about all the ruffly layers - that it might emphasize my shortness (I''m only 5 feet tall). Oh, to be not-so-height-challenged!
41.gif

Rockchick, I like your avatar. I''m guessing that''s you and your FI, right? Did you do that on the computer by yourself? It''s really cool!

Rube, I''d love to see what your cake looks like!! I love unique things, they''re so - well, unique!!!
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the warm welcome guys! i am excited to hear about everyone''s big days!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2005 12:02:29 PM
Author: Dodger Gurl
Hey, Reena''s back!!! I remember you, you always cracked me up. When you left everyone kept saying ''Where''s Reena?'' LOL! Glad you''re back!

Thanks flopkins! I''m so excited - I finally get to try on the Maggie Madalyn dress that I love!! However, lately I''ve been concerned about all the ruffly layers - that it might emphasize my shortness (I''m only 5 feet tall). Oh, to be not-so-height-challenged!
41.gif

Rockchick, I like your avatar. I''m guessing that''s you and your FI, right? Did you do that on the computer by yourself? It''s really cool!

Rube, I''d love to see what your cake looks like!! I love unique things, they''re so - well, unique!!!
2.gif
Thanks! yup that''s me and FI. Its the front of our invitation and I can''t take any credit. FI did all that, dunno how though... but it turned out really cool. He did a good job!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
hi guys!

some of you might not know me but i used to be quite the regular here on pricescope.
2.gif
anyway, my wedding is FOREVER away and i don''t know how i''m going to wait!!! our date is:

September 3, 2006!!!!

anyway, im loving reading about everyone else''s planning progress. are there any other san diego brides here?

Hmmm.... the name sounds familiar.....
2.gif
Glad to have you back lady!!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Hey Dodger Gurl- You may have to wait until August for a picture, but the cakes (there will be two) are Mayan temples from Tikal in Guatemala. I think they''ll go nicely with the Chinese food at the reception.
19.gif
3.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hi guys!

2.gif

September 3, 2006!!!!

not a SD bride but a southern californian born and bred... glad to see you''ve joined us on the west coast... isn''t it beautiful out here?!! Glad to see you back! When I joined PS it was the Reeonyce thread days...
9.gif
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2005 2:21:41 PM
Author: flopkins
Date: 6/4/2005 12:20:12 AM

Author: ame

to stalk and kill all non responders (which is mostly mom's family because they haven't mastered the concept of RSVP)

hehe... ame you crack me up... but only because I know when the time comes, I'll feel EXACTLY like you!!

I FOUND MY SHOES!!! I spent four hours shopping Saturday w/my MOH for bm dresses and my shoes, and I finally found shoes at DSW! They are Ninas... so sexy! I have to take some pics and show you gals...
6.gif
P I'm thinking of doing an ame and adding beads to it.

30.gif
30.gif

Don't overdo the beads. I had to buy stretchers because the glue contracted as it dried and now it doesn't bend with my toes when I walk.

I saw something cool though in that vein: String them tightly on bead wire, then twist several strands of the beaded wires to a "rope" thing and glue the rope on.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
ah the cushion queen! Welcome back Reena.
9.gif

love your pics, tulip!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
tulipcloud - What a GORGEOUS picture! You look so beautiful!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Tulipcloud! Is that you??? You look amazing!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY a date twin! Im not really stressed, Im anxious.

Your photos are gorgeous.

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
12.gif
thank you so much for the wonderful words!!
36.gif
I always know where to go to make myself feel better!

Doesn''t make up do wonders?
9.gif
My fiance was having a hard time that day with my flash eyelashes...he kept wanting to pluck them off my eyes!
6.gif
I still have a hard time believing it''s me too! Thanks again!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
tulipcould-
those pictures are just beautiful!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
tulipcloud - you look so beautiful!! And that''s a beautiful shot of your ring - I mean! - you in your wedding gown!
2.gif
You and your fiance make such a classically beautiful couple.

I am slowly discovering how useful makeup can really be
20.gif
. On Sunday, I finally discovered a concealer I actually like, and I''ve used it since (Clinique airbrush illuminates). I might have to change my daily routine of no-makeup - eek!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Update: We ordered our unity candle on Friday, and it arrived today! Here it is - Twisted taper unity candle by Wax Poetic! We got the clear candle holders too.

unity_candle_setwp240.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC- Thats so cool!! How different and pretty!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
JCJD: those ARE really cool!

Tulipcloud: WOW! You look beautiful!!! May I ask who your photographer is? :)

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
May 6, 2006 :) YAY
36.gif

Done:

Picked date and location (destination wedding in Hilton Head)
Tentatively chose site and have them holding date for me until I look at one more place and make my final decision.
FI asked his best friend to be Best Man and 2 others to be groosmen
Asked best friend to be MOH, she accepted
Began organizing engagement party..still lots to do on that one!
Made tentative guest list
FI purchased my wedding band
Started dress shopping and found 2 that I really like
Started bm dress shopping with MOH
Looked into hotel accommodations for guests/family
Went to an invitation "open house" and picked out several possibilites
Picked out my save the date cards
Found bakery I want to do my cake
Looked into 2 possible rehersal dinner sites
Contacted officiant

Lots more to do.... :) This is so much fun and so exiciting though! My mom is a born wedding planner I tell you and has been amazing!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Hey beautifuldisaster, we are DATE TWINS!!! Cool!! My first wedding-related "TWIN"! LOL!
36.gif

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
That is awessome DodgerGurl.

:) Where is yours?

I was going to compliment you on those cute cards you made! I must have those stickers for the books I am making my girls. Can you tell me where you found em?

ZoeKids

Rough_Rock
Ok,

After reading these lists, I know that I am doing the right thing by escaping to Las Vegas, paying one lump sum to have it all done, including rental of a wedding dress.

I just can''t handle all of the planning and details.

Have fun ... just not for me.

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results