shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pricescope Wedding Countdown Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies (and gents) - How much longer do you have until your wedding, What has been finalized, and What still needs to be done?

I'll start!
From June 3, 2005, it is 21 days until our wedding on June 24th!!

What's done:
Dress and all fittings
Veil and other garments/accessories
BM dresses have arrived
Tux choices made, G, FotB, Usher1, Usher3 measured
Cake finalized
Reception site paid in full
Pre-marital class completed
Rentals (dance floor, silverware) reserved
Honeymoon booked (A Caribbean Cruise!!)
Wedding night hotel booked
Couples shower, bachelor/bachelorette, wedding party fun times planned
Reserved hotel for OOT guests
Caterer finalized!
Florist finalized!
Eng. pics
W Bands
Beverage caterer has deposit, finalized selection
Ceremony music chosen
RSVP date was June 1
BM gifts
Audio equip for reception booked
Rehearsal dinner
B&G first-dance song
Favors all assembled
Most decorations planned
Moved me into OUR apt!!!!!
Church and officiant booked
Registered
Guest books (photo mats)
Finalized reception layout
Tanning
Finalized guest list - 84 RSVPs, planning on 105 (college boys who haven't mastered the art of the RSVP)
Started writing programs
Started practicing wedding day makeup

What's left:
BM fittings
GMen, FotG, Usher 2 measured
Wedding day hairdo and final trim
Finalize reception layout
Finalize ceremony details
Find a cello for ceremony music.....
GM and parent gifts
Hotels for before and after honeymoon cruise
Make CD of wedding music
Finalize reception playlist
Attend parties
Finish decoration plans
Finalize caterer and florist services
Finalize guest list next week

Attend rehearsal
Move FH into apt
Write announcements and programs
Get a tan

Lose a few pounds (or at least not gain any!)
Ceremony seating chart
Delegate wedding week responsibilities to relatives and friends
Videographer finalized
Write must-take photo list

I think that's all.... I'm probably forgetting a lot!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Man JC- are you trying to show us all up here by listing all that stuff you''ve already done?!!!
2.gif

Let''s see.. so far, we''ve:

Booked ceremony site
Booked reception site
Booked photographer
Decided on dress (not ordered yet)
Interviewed caterers
Have officiant

And... that''s about it folks..
9.gif
But we''ve got until April, 2006!

I don''t want to even start the to do list... it''s only going to make me freak out...
23.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay.. I''ll give it a shot.. I have 356 days left :) until May 27th 2006

What We''ve done

My dress ordered
My veil ordered
I think I have my bra..
Reception and Caterer booked
Church booked
Photographer booked
DJ Booked
My wedding band is picked out but not purchased (FI JUST GOT A JOB FINALLY THOUGH!!)
I think our rehearsal dinner is boooked (maybe not? FIs mom is in charge.. she said she was doing it tuesday.. but I don''t know if that actually happened)
Color scheme is picked.. have a basic idea for flowers, decorations..

Whats LEFT.. ALOT
BM dresses and FG dresses.. This is a NIGHTMARE. I don''t have a CLUE what I''m doing.. and I can''t even think about ordering BM dresses until like.. November.. because my best friend is trying to get preggo..

Florist- this is the next priority. but i think i know who I am using

Limo - again.. I think I know who we are using

Buying wedding bands

My dress still has to come in, and I need to lose 20 lbs before my first fitting (and I''m not even exaggerating.. I''ve gained SO much weight since we got engaged its SICK)

I have to buy my shoes.. but I know which ones I''m getting

Tuxes.. We went to the shop the other day.. I think the ones we want are within a reasonable price range.. but we have plenty of time to do that. Jeff doesn''t even know for sure who his guys will be.. Or how many.. etc etc.. MEN

I have to call the caterer to discuss menu pricing, and also speak to their pastry chef about the cake

We need to take our engagement pics..

Invites - I think I''ve decided on a style I like..

We need to get a freaking GUEST LIST.. because FIs FAMILY STILL HAS NOT MADE ONE.. THREE MONTHS LATER!!!

I need to find a string quartet for the ceremony.. because no one seems to think its a good idea for me to try to save money and play a CD..

Oh I''m sure there is so much more.. but this is getting frustrating.. so i quit!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My day is July 2nd (4 weeks!)

I still have:
to pay the photographer off (well my mom does)
to pay the DJ off and send my music list
to get my alterations (starting tomorrow, at 1230)
to get a tan (started tanning the other day. Im still a ghost)
to lose about 40 lbs that I have gained since we started dating ;-)
to finish tying the colored ribbons on the place cards and put the names on them (differentiate the entree)
to buy groomsman gifts
to get our license--which was to be today but this has been a hell week at work and I didn't have time to leave
to learn to dance
to pay the officiant
to stalk and kill all non responders (which is mostly mom's family because they haven't mastered the concept of RSVP)
to finalize the menu
to have my bachelorette party
to find fancy underwear
to find my friend's garter that Ryan caught at her wedding so I can wear it(or try to wear if it fits)
to have his tux actually fitted to his body.
to attend rehearsal

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
8 days!

Got marriage license yesterday.

Sit for portraits Sunday.

Keep checking www.weather.com three times a day to see if our beach wedding will be changed to a church wedding!

Sign the trust/DPOA papers with the lawyer.

Survive the event/weekend and get on to the honeymoon!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here goes:

Wedding is 119 days away on October 1st, 2005

Things done:
My dress is "in" still needs to be altered
Bridemaids dresses are ordered, should have been in like 3 months ago!!!!
Reception location booked
Band booked
Photographer booked
Florist booked
Limo Booked
Hair/Makeup booked
Officiant FOUND....we love her!!!!
Flowergirl dress ordered
Cake picked out
Registered for shower ( it''s in July/august..mom won''t tell me, driving me NUTs
Invitations ordered and are here
favors ordered, need to be assembled
To Do:
Finalize honeymoon plans
Get our wedding rings
Tuxes!!!
Pick out first song, father daughter song, mother sos song and send it to the band
pick out rose colors for our centerpiece
Make ceremony programs
WRITE our vows
40.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
LOL flopkins!
25.gif
Yes, that''s what I''m doing. Showing you all how together I am in my wedding plans.... RIGHT!!! I''m seriously thinking of scrapping the entire to-do list and trusting that all will fall into place somehow....
2.gif
I''m actually about to edit my to-do and done lists cause I remembered some more stuff...
12.gif

You''ve got a lot of the big things done already - Congrats! You have plenty of time!

It has been kind of crazy the past couple weeks with last minute planning, so last night I decided to treat FH to dinner at the restaurant we went to the night he proposed. Turns out yesterday was a really bad day at work for him, so my timing couldn''t have been better! Then we went to Madagascar (the movie, not the country), which is totally cute! If you haven''t seen it, the first song in the ending credits is at least as funny as the movie!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I can add that I bought my tiara today. :) I''m so excited about it! I got it for only $20.. because *gasp* it wasn''t being sold as a bridal tiara! My neice does Irish Step Dance and she had her first Feis (competetion) today.. and some of the schools have the girls wear tiaras.. So my sister bought me one! Its so pretty and way better quality than a lot of the ones I''ve seen in bridal shops. FI has my camera again.. So I can''t post pics.. Maybe I''ll try with the crap o camera.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Woo-hoo Melissa!! Isn''t it crazy how cheap and overpriced "Bridal" accessories can be? I don''t get it.... I didn''t reply on your other thread, but happy belated 1-year to your wedding!!!! Don''t get frustrated - you have done so much planning already, you should be proud of yourself!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I took a somewhat crappy pic of my tiara with my crap digital camera.
I hope there is not too much glare so you guys can see it. :) its so pretty. Its pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

tiara2.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, it''s perfect! It''s going to be so beautiful with your veil!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
thanks JC! I was wearing it around the house earlier.. :) I also got this pretty littlle sparkly barrette about a month ago at Claires that I want to wear in my hair in the back. So I had my hair in the clip with the tiara.. It was so exciting and I LOVED the way it looked. I can''t wait to try it all on with my dress and my veil! My dress is coming in early july and my veil mid-july!

Thanks for the encouragement by the way. I have gotten a lot done.. but so have YOU! I can''t beleive how quickly you planned the wedding! Record time, I''d say. I like that I have lots of time to plan.. but sometimes I get antsy! I just want to have stuff DONE!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! I was wearing my veil around my apt when I got back from my first fitting! I was so afraid my cats were going to pounce on the flowing fabric, but I did it anyway!!

Thanks
5.gif
We cut out a lot of the time-consuming details (like dinner - LOL!) and we really had to make fast decisions on a lot of this stuff, and I feel like I made them more on gut instincts rather than weighing costs and benefits as much as I''d like to. But I like feeling good about these decisions, so it''s turned out pretty well. FSIL actually had only a 3-month engagement, and she lived in VA while the wedding was in NE! That was record planning! She was so lucky with everything though - the previous owner of her dress had had it custom-designed and then they canceled the wedding, and it fit her perfectly!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Going with your gut instincts is good! When my best friend was planning her wedding.. she didn''t really shop around at ALL..for anything.. Went to davids...bought her dress and all the accessories that they told her to buy.. told us we were getting dresses from there (we picked our own styles).. booked the reception site her FIs sister used.. simply because it was the first one she found that was available.. used the same photographer and invitations her friend used.. without shopping around.. the whole time.. used the first florist she found.. and basically told them a color for the bouquets.. and let them do the rest..

i''m sitting there thinking.. I''LL NEVER DO THINGS LIKE THAT.. but you know what.. her wedding came out beautiful. She didn''t spend any money she didn''t need to and she didn''t stress her self out over ever little detail (like I do). Obviously..I didn''t learn my lesson.. but i was pleasantly suprised by how well everything turned out for a wedding that she put so little effort into planning! lol

I really couldn''t imagine doing everything in 3 months though.. I could probably handle everything in 8 or 9 months though..

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my hair clip for $5 at one of those ABC Trading companies.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
today is June 5th and wedding is August 18th.. EEEEK

What's done:
-dress, needs last alterations, so pretty much done
-his suit
-location/caterar/ceremony (all in one place, thank god!)
-wedding rings
-music
-wedding night hotel
-hotel for guests (I think, not in charge of that, phew)
-music
-"wedding lunch" with parents
-ceremony details
-invites
-final guest list

To do:
-hair and make-up
-book photographer, already put an option on the date, so that'just finalizing
-bouquet
-decorations (mom and sis are in charge of that)
-BM-gifts, does ANYONE have ANY ideas? i'm clueless
-lingerie
-shoes
-to loose A LOT of weight
29.gif

-have my bachelorette party
-bachelor party
-i'm probably forgetting a lot
*EDIT* SEE I forgot to mention the cake! MIL wants to pay for it and doesn't like our idea. Its becoming a very touchy subject, FI leaves the room whenever we discuss it. haha.. seriouslyits not funny anymore, i'm thinking that we just should pay for it ourselves, cause ths is ridiculous... fighting over a cake..geez, can you say "wedding-stress"

I have to tell you, i'm glad if this stuff is over. I'm completely stressed out at the moment, but that's also due to the fact that I have final exam's AND right after the wedding we are moving in our brand new appartment, do that takes a lot of planning as well, because aprox. 4 weeks after the move I have more exams! Isn't law school fun
14.gif
. I'm happy about the new appartement, but it put's a lot of extra stress on your shoulder. Right now my Mom has pretty much taken over the whole wedding planning, and I'm SO thankfull for that, gives you time to relax a little bit. Anyone feel like that?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 10:36:09 AM
Author: Rockchick
I have to tell you, i''m glad if this stuff is over. I''m completely stressed out at the moment, but that''s also due to the fact that I have final exam''s AND right after the wedding we are moving in our brand new appartment, do that takes a lot of planning as well, because aprox. 4 weeks after the move I have more exams! Isn''t law school fun
14.gif
. I''m happy about the new appartement, but it put''s a lot of extra stress on your shoulder. Right now my Mom has pretty much taken over the whole wedding planning, and I''m SO thankfull for that, gives you time to relax a little bit. Anyone feel like that?

I am totally in the same boat! I just moved to our new apartment last weekend, the wedding is now in less than 3 weeks, and we can''t find a cello for FH''s BIL to play at our ceremony, among other things!! PLUS!! We just had to fire a technician at work, so while it''s good on the whole that the person is gone, it''s stressful cause they were working on my experiment, and while they could have messed it up really badly (part of the reason they were fired...), now I don''t have help. Ok, I do have help starting tomorrow, but still - Stress!!! I really wish my mom had the desire to step in and take over plans, but she doesn''t (what kind of MOB is she?
2.gif
2.gif
), so you''re lucky there. PHEW!!! Soon, the stress will be over ladies, and we can all enjoy being married!!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 11:58:27 AM
Author: JCJD

I am totally in the same boat! I just moved to our new apartment last weekend, the wedding is now in less than 3 weeks, and we can''t find a cello for FH''s BIL to play at our ceremony, among other things!! PLUS!! We just had to fire a technician at work, so while it''s good on the whole that the person is gone, it''s stressful cause they were working on my experiment, and while they could have messed it up really badly (part of the reason they were fired...), now I don''t have help. Ok, I do have help starting tomorrow, but still - Stress!!! I really wish my mom had the desire to step in and take over plans, but she doesn''t (what kind of MOB is she?
2.gif
2.gif
), so you''re lucky there. PHEW!!! Soon, the stress will be over ladies, and we can all enjoy being married!!
I hear ya!!!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 10:36:09 AM
Author: Rockchick
today is June 5th and wedding is August 18th.. EEEEK
To do:
-BM-gifts, does ANYONE have ANY ideas? i''m clueless
Where inthe world are you? I ordered my girls little leather-trimmed canvas tote purses from lillianvernon.com and had them monogrammed. I got the bridesmaids black (per their request) and got my "assistant" a red one. I also had some amethyst briolette drop earrings made (my cousin made them) and a variety of sundries like chalk, sewing kit, tylenol, etc. and stuffed all the stuff into little chinese purses and then into the totes. The totes make a great purse, Im brining the one I got myself on my honeymoon.

Oh I am so damn glad Im done too. Ill be glad to be on my honeymoon and not paying for wedding stuff.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is in 27 days (from June 6). We are down to pulling together the format of the ceremony & music...and seating arrangements, but that can''t be done for another couple weeks.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 7:53:05 PM
Author: ame

Where inthe world are you? I ordered my girls little leather-trimmed canvas tote purses from lillianvernon.com and had them monogrammed. I got the bridesmaids black (per their request) and got my ''assistant'' a red one. I also had some amethyst briolette drop earrings made (my cousin made them) and a variety of sundries like chalk, sewing kit, tylenol, etc. and stuffed all the stuff into little chinese purses and then into the totes. The totes make a great purse, Im brining the one I got myself on my honeymoon.

Oh I am so damn glad Im done too. Ill be glad to be on my honeymoon and not paying for wedding stuff.
That is a pretty good idea!
9.gif
I might steal that from you
11.gif
... unfortunately i''m in Europe, so I have to check if they deliver there. Thanks!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 12:20:12 AM
Author: ame
to stalk and kill all non responders (which is mostly mom''s family because they haven''t mastered the concept of RSVP)

hehe... ame you crack me up... but only because I know when the time comes, I''ll feel EXACTLY like you!!

I FOUND MY SHOES!!! I spent four hours shopping Saturday w/my MOH for bm dresses and my shoes, and I finally found shoes at DSW! They are Ninas... so sexy! I have to take some pics and show you gals...
6.gif
P I''m thinking of doing an ame and adding beads to it.
30.gif
30.gif

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
haha, just making this list will make me stressed!

wedding date: October 1, 2005 (Jessesgrl date twin)

Done:
Officiant picked (uncle)
church booked
reception site booked (deposit and 1st payment paid)
BM dresses bought
BM gifts made/bought
Guest list
Save the dates made and sent out
Dress ordered (should have been in 2 w eeks ago! grr...)
jewelry made/bought/borrowed (i have three sets to choose from!!)
DJ booked (by reception site)
Bakery booked (by reception site)
Limo booked (by reception site)
Reception flowers ordered (by reception site)
Florist chosen, quote delivered
Hotel rooms blocked
Beauty salon chosen
Veil bought
Shoes bought
Flower girl baskets made
wedding bubbles bought
Guestbook frame mat bought
Guestbook flower pens made
Photographer booked
Engagement photos taken
Ceremony music chosen
Ceremony musicians notified
Gift Registries

To be done:
Book rehearsal dinner
Dress fittings
Buy petticoat
Buy gloves
Buy tiara
Rent tuxes (get GMs and Groom measured)
GM gifts
Parents'' gifts
Hair and makeup trial
Florist deposit
Get aisle runner
Make ring bearer pillows
Get sheet music to ceremony musicians
Get CDs of music to DJ
MC chosen / games planned
Finalize menu
Finalize guest list
Order favors/placecards
pre-marital counseling
Showers/parties etc. planned
Buy wedding bands
Make programs
Decide on readings
Marriage license
Book hotel rooms
Book honeymoon

PHEW!
32.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
It''s June 6th... My wedding is September 10th..

what''s left to do (until I think of something else...)

-final alterations on my dress (scheduled for July 20th)
-final meetings with vendors
-FI has to let his groomsmen know about the tuxes he picked out
-FI has to make up his mind about a chuppah and make one if he wants it
-FI has to call about the rehearsal dinner (notice a trend here...?)
-my earrings, shoes, veil
-bridesmaid jewelry, shoes, gifts
-groomsmen gifts
-parents'' gifts
-get invites printed and sent (hopefully finalized this week)
-finalize wedding bands and get deposits sent
-finalize favors (http://www.7to3.com)

.. I''m trying not to think about the list too much... really I''m not. Of course, I just found out that recent laws mean that NO candles in the venue (or any public venue in Massachusetts - technically no music either.. but there''s only so much they''re going to enforce).

I''m NOT stressed. I''m NOT... [:D]

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We've got 2 months exactly (Aug. 6)!
32.gif

Whats left:
Get invitations in the mail!!! (By next Monday, gives 8 weeks exactly)
Booking honeymoon flights/hotels (FIs only job... hes slacking
11.gif
)
FI needs to find tux for him and GMs
11.gif

FI needs to pick out his wedding band
11.gif

Finalize menu
Make programs
Make place cards
Make table cards
Finish updating/adding to website
Pick out necklaces and earring for BMs
GM gifts (at least i know what im going to get my girls!)
Dress fittings (start next Monday)
Bridal portrait/finalize pic list with Photographer (Next Monday)
Finalize ideas with florist (Next Monday... can you tell i have the day off???)
BM dresses need to come in so they can get alterations (June 17th)
Welcome bags for OOT guests
2 showers
Bachlorette Party
Pick out our song and other songs for the band

And i know there is a ton im forgetting... im starting to stress (esp after making this list!!!!!!!!!!!!)
14.gif
32.gif
23.gif
39.gif
7.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock

From today (June 6, 2005) there are 334 days left until May 6, 2006!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Done:
Date set
Reception spot booked
Officiant booked
1st draft of guest lists
Colors picked out
DIY Invitation paper & envelopes picked out
FI has already asked Best Man
Pre-Marital Counseling Scheduled
Best Man asked
MOH & BMs asked

Sort of done:
Ceremony site picked out (It is at a park -lakeside and oh so beautiful- and they have a stinky rule where we cannot make reservations unless it is the same year. Soooo, we will have to call again on January 1st 2006 to book the site. Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!!!)

Definitely not done:
Lots of stuff. LOL!
Book photographer
Book DJ
Book get-away car
BM dresses narrowed down to a couple of choices
Groomsmen picked out, just need to be asked

Oh, and I'm going wedding dress shopping this Friday, June 10th!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
31.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
P.S. Here is a pic of our ceremony spot!
36.gif

parkspot.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
And here is a pic of our reception spot!
9.gif
Sorry that I took the picture kind of crooked - I was too excited. I promise that the floor is straight and not all tilted like that. LOL!!!

receptspot.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
hi guys!

some of you might not know me but i used to be quite the regular here on pricescope.
2.gif
anyway, my wedding is FOREVER away and i don''t know how i''m going to wait!!! our date is:

September 3, 2006!!!!

anyway, im loving reading about everyone else''s planning progress. are there any other san diego brides here?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Reena, I''m a San Diego LIW still...hopefully my bf will get it together in time for me to be a 2006 bride too!
20.gif
We''ll see! Honestly, I can''t wait to post on this forum for REAL!

(I''m also an SD always-a-bridesmaid.....so I know a fair amount of wedding vendors in town! Not sure if Rancho Valencia (how gorgeous, btw!!) will take care of a lot of that, but let me know if you need any input!

And JCJD, IslandDreams, and Ame, less than a month for ALL of you!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results