shape
carat
color
clarity

The plot thickens.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Txborn79, whoa I had no idea! Shady, shady, shaaady.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Given the responses on this thread, I think Amanda Diamonds has its work cut out for it. Well, this thread motivated me to head over to Wink's site to reserve my upgrade. Been waiting to pull the trigger until closer to my anniversary. But no time like the present.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Having been away from Pricescope for years I’m thoroughly confused. So does Wink own HPD?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - I removed my earlier post.

I do think this answers some questions quite definitively though:

1. Paul doesn’t own HPD, or he wouldn’t have started a new direct-to-consumer company,
2. Paul isn’t involved with HPD anymore, or he wouldn’t have drawn a line in the sand regarding upgrade (ie. Ownership) date,
3. Paul isn’t involved with CBI any more, or he wouldn’t have gone the troublesome route of having to rebrand.

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can think of is that scene from the Simpsons:

Moe: "Is Amanda Hugandkiss here? Amanda Hugandkiss? I need Amanda Hugandkiss. Why can't I find Amanda Hugandkiss?"

LOL, that is what I thought when I saw their name too.

Last summer, I was teaching my daughter & nephew how to make prank calls and stole this one straight from the Simpsons! My daughter went first and she got a really cool dude. She was nervous & goofed it up with the timing but the guy on the other side played along and started shouting, "I'm looking for Amanda Hugandkiss". His co-worker started laughing and asked, "is that a prank call?". He responded, "of course it is". He did it a few more times. The kids and I were in tears from laughter. He told them to have a good night and thanks for the laughs.

My wife and his mom was like "what did you do"? That's right. Don't leave me home alone babysitting or I do things you may not like. :P2

Having been away from Pricescope for years I’m thoroughly confused. So does Wink own HPD?

Wink owns HPD, and was/is an authorized dealer of CBI stones.

When Paul got caught embezzling from CBI, he was fired. Then some false allegations were made by Paul that he owned HPD. PS temporarily removed HPD as a recommended vendor until the legalities sorted themselves out.

If you've spent 30 seconds with Wink, you know he's a genuinely good & honest person and this was a bunch of BS where he got the short end of the stick.

After all that, HPD teamed with Wolf Diamonds in Houston and relaunched their updated website.

It appears on 5/5/2021, Amada Diamonds was "born".

Capture.PNG

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Amanda isn't even an actual person??? I'm not sure how I feel about that. If you're picking a latin gerundive for your name, maybe don't pick one that's a common first name.

What is even stranger is if you Google "Ask.Amanda diamonds" it comes up as a consulting business, nothing related to the stones. I think they are going to have a hard time with the algorithm getting their diamond website to come up with an already established website with a lot of hits.

LOL, that is what I thought when I saw their name too.

Last summer, I was teaching my daughter & nephew how to make prank calls and stole this one straight from the Simpsons! My daughter went first and she got a really cool dude. She was nervous & goofed it up with the timing but the guy on the other side played along and started shouting, "I'm looking for Amanda Hugandkiss". His co-worker started laughing and asked, "is that a prank call?". He responded, "of course it is". He did it a few more times. The kids and I were in tears from laughter. He told them to have a good night and thanks for the laughs.

My wife and his mom was like "what did you do"? That's right. Don't leave me home alone babysitting or I do things you may not like. :P2

I usually frown upon pranks, but this is gold.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
The name Amanda Diamonds and the secret sauce comments are definitely turn offs for me. Neither of those things scream prestige or perfection.

Yes, agree. The term "secret sauce" was taken out of context from an old thread. Without context, the term doesn't have any particular cachet.

This whole situation makes me very sad. I had a lot of respect for Paul Slegers. However, the new company seems poorly thought out, rushed, and, frankly, a bit vindictive. If this is not appropriate, mods please delete. But I suspect I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I'll shuffle off to Buffalo now. These days I'm much more of a reader than a poster lol.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's interesting. I didn't get an email from Paul, but my hubby has been getting them that he told me he just ignores.

Both hubby and myself met Paul and John in Petaluma CA at a then CBI dealer.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The Simpsons? The first thing I thought of was Amanda Blake who played Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke from 1955 to 1974. She was the sassy redhead who owned the saloon.

Okay, I'm old.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
Amanda Diamonds = Amanda Stayawayfrom.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results