shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pink FCD Comparison again

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tristanc. Those pinks are soooo pretty.number 2 and the round especially. But I heard that's it's hard to come by a round in any fancy color.

Can you tell me how those stones are graded in the color aspect. I just bought a fancy light pink pear but I haven't seen the stone (I just trusted my family jeweler) he told me I need to wait for a month before I get to see it :rolleyes: and I'm dying the get an idea about what color it could look like :love:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
won't fight you for the diamond... was just curious of the specs... i just purchased a small argyle myself... :)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I have been shopping for a pink for what feels like a long while now. Previously I was casually shopping without the benefit of PS for quite some time.

A fancy light pink can vary tremendously in terms of tone. Pears that I have seen seem to be slightly lighter in colour vs the step cuts for the same colour intensity and saturation.

For example, the 4 diamonds in the group photo are ALL Fancy Pinks. The round is a Fancy Purplish Pink, the rest have no modifiers.

I would imagine that if you were exceedingly lucky, it would have a colour tone that was approaching the round brilliant's saturation, but more likely that it would be lighter overall than the ones shown here. Show us pictures please when you get it :)

I have two pictures of very pretty fancy light pink stones - one round and one elongated cushion. I'll attach them for you when I find them so you can have an idea. The big difference is both are set already.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
acebruin|1310027369|2963563 said:
won't fight you for the diamond... was just curious of the specs... i just purchased a small argyle myself... :)

Tease! Where from, specs and cert are mandatory! Pictures, or it didn't happen!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i'll post details when i get it on my hand... in the process of paying currently... but i've posted a photo somewhere... the one on the right... :)
jck2011_10.jpg

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Tristan

Pls post pics of the fancy light when ever you get a chance, would luuuurve to see them. And by going fancy light...I got to get a bigger stone for the same budget. I already have a couple of solitaire rings and an ering....I dint think I would enjoy the pink as much if I got a much smaller stone than my other stones....but I would have gone for the fancy pink if I had a bigger budget :cry: but I'm happy with the fancy light......for now anyway :appl:

Do let us know what you end up getting and pls post looooots of pics of the finished product :lickout:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the two finest fancy light pinks I could find. One in Australia (bottom one) in a ring, one in the US (top picture) in a ring. Both are for sale.

I'm actually wondering - if these are fancy light pinks (the australian one is graded by GSL as fancy light pink), does that mean that the Fancy Purplish Pink that I'm getting will look more pink then them when set? I'm inclined towards believing this. However, the australian 0.5ct pink looks really good. Hmm, think it might be due to how the gem is enclosed.

Kenny, if you have knowledge of and others this, please chip in.

CIMG4970.JPG

Attachments

• 1ct FLP.bmp
    381.6 KB · Views: 151

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, generally colored diamonds will show more color after being set!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is that?
Is it an optical illusion or is it real?

Could it be a little less light can get in and out so we perceive darker as more color?
Just speculating.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Kenny,

From what i have seen and what I was told, you have to set the colored diamonds in a metal that compliments the diamond color and brings it out the most. My yellows are all set in yellow gold baskets and they look darker than they did when they were loose. And also, I have tried setting the same yellow ones in white gold and they dint look any different from when they were loose. Similarly, I'm planning to get my pink set in rose gold.....wish me luck!!!!this is my first pink :love:

And if optics play any role in enhancing the color, I have absolutely no clue....

Tristan.....thanks for the pictures....i will be ok with my pink as long as it is not a shade lighter than the oval. My jeweler swears that this is the darker pink he found in fancy light in the hongkong show :confused:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Within one GIA grading there are many variances in colour. Much more than I can perceive with colourless diamonds in the same colour band. And various photos show the diamond to have varying saturations as well.

I guess he picked the darkest fancy light pink he could find. Do share with us what you bought when you get it. Please share a before colour enhancement rose gold cup and an after photo too! I'm deciding if I should set mine in one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results