shape
carat
color
clarity

The person at PS who influenced me the most is...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kenny.

We had a thread asking this question awhile back and I didn't get a chance to post. I was busy with my MIL's visit (and what a great visit it was- having SO's mom stay with us was truly wonderful!).

However, I wanted to answer this question.

I've known Kenny for many years (so please don't anyone get offend, a lot of you do influence me a great deal!).

Kenny taught me, I hate to sound so dramatic but, not just about posting but about life.

If I had to boil it down, to be able to describe what Kenny taught me (and to his credit, he taught me by example as much as by talking with me about it) that I can state my opinions and just leave it at that.

Not every political argument, friendly debate, or horrible provocation should be taken to the point of getting wrapped up in it. It must be human nature to want people to agree with us, to see our point-of-view, and I was never one particularly to stop myself from being provoked by people on forums who wanted to, actually enjoyed, provoking me, either, so I've been in my share of flame wars, in the past.

I think it's a great pleasure of getting a little bit older that you get a little bit wiser, and a little bit better at being yourself, and drawing the line where you want to, and letting other people just deal with it if the have a problem, without being aggressive or rude or anything like that.

Thanks, Kenny.

Please know that you will be in our thoughts. My SO and I send you lots of dust for your upcoming surgery.

Hugs,

Danny

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Danny.
You are much too kind.

Hugs. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate these posts.

I really do. It's like a popularity contest.

That said, I did want to post in the other and don't think I did... so I will take this opportunity to say the people that most influenced me by and large no longer post and I miss them very much. I won't list them all because it's late here and I have a terrible memory at the best of times so I know I'll forget someone.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I noticed this thread pulled up the old one on the list of similar threads so I went there and read it.

You were mentioned.

"Secondly, I have a 'bond' of sorts with Gypsy. She and I were looking ( in vain, as it turned out) for the baguette asscher/trap halos for an asscher stone. She's too intelligent for her own good, :bigsmile: but has 'bumps' like the rest of us."

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-pser-has-influenced-you-the-most.164213/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-pser-has-influenced-you-the-most.164213/page-2[/URL]

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jon from GOG and John P from Infinity. I learned SO MUCH from them, and they got me interested enough to get into my GIA classes. I happen to know both IRL and they're both totally awesome. They both tolerate my special brand of CRAZY as well as anyone in this industry can probably tolerate. And Jon got the Stars in his store so that I could get one when my other one got taken from me. :mrgreen:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1317198078|3027683 said:
I hate these posts.

+1

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Deia|1317215240|3027736 said:
Gypsy|1317198078|3027683 said:
I hate these posts.

+1

As do I, even though I've been listed in a similar list.
Just expressing my opinion.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that was kind of my point.

Kenny introduced me to Pricescope, according to my avatar, sometime in January, 2008.

I wouldn't have known it existed without his recommendation.

I remember when I got here I was amazed everyone had pictures of diamonds or threads with diamonds, and I thought it was unique and interesting.

Since then I've been "educated" (isn't that the point of Pricescope?) about diamonds, jewels, etc. Other than having a lifelong interest in jewelry, gems, earth science, natural history museums, etc., I wouldn't have been able to learn what I've learned without Pricescope, and like I said I know Kenny from websites that have nothing to do with Pricecope, and I've known him since about 2005.

I personally didn't take any of the posts in the original thread as being people doing anything other than giving their honest opinions about others who had helped them.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I will just list a few that are no longer here, and are missed. RockDoc, Mr. MaRe, and Moh10. Their posts were so insightful.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Though this is kind of turning into a sad graveyard of lost posters ... Glitterata. Her posts on vintage jewelry were always informative and beautifully written. I miss her, dammit!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower|1317228781|3027927 said:
I will just list a few that are no longer here, and are missed. RockDoc, Mr. MaRe, and Moh10. Their posts were so insightful.

I don't care for these kind of threads either - I know you won't take it personally, Danny, and I don't mean to take away from what you've posted at all - but in the past they've turned into mutual back-slapping that was just uncomfortable to watch.

That said, I also miss Mr. MaRe (a very knowledgeable and very occasional poster over in the colored stones forum). I hope all is well with him.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rest in peace, RockDoc. ;(

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1317252930|3028288 said:
Pink Tower|1317228781|3027927 said:

I don't care for these kind of threads either - I know you won't take it personally, Danny, and I don't mean to take away from what you've posted at all - but in the past they've turned into mutual back-slapping that was just uncomfortable to watch.

That said, I also miss Mr. MaRe (a very knowledgeable and very occasional poster over in the colored stones forum). I hope all is well with him.

No, I don't at all and I'm sorry threads like this have turned out that way. I trust you know likewise that back slapping, and clique forming was never my intention. I don't like that kind of thing, either. I think members of any forum where the public can post are "equal" and nobody should feel so self-important as to feel they are "better" than anyone else who posts, no matter how long someone has been at a forum, no matter how many post they have, etc. I don't like that kind of thing, myself. I just wanted to thank my friend because he has influenced me (he's the whole reason I found this place) and wish him well at this difficult time. Nothing more complicated than that.

BTW, I miss Moh10 too! Haha, he was a "hard"/ tough one and so funny! ;(

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1317229035|3027935 said:
Though this is kind of turning into a sad graveyard of lost posters ... Glitterata. Her posts on vintage jewelry were always informative and beautifully written. I miss her, dammit!

I'll wager that you two would get along famously. ;-)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I miss her too. I didn't get a chance to know her very well before she left, but she had/ has very refined taste. I remember when she found her "real" Roman earrings. Quite a find! I hope she'll return.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results