shape
carat
color
clarity

The PERFECT opportunity.. AND I BLEW IT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
I''m sooooo mad at myself! There was a PERFECT opportunity to talk about getting engaged/married last night, and wouldn''t know, I blew it. This is like the 3rd time.

Last night we went to Taco Bell. If you have seen the packets of sauce, they have phrases on them. Well, the first one I grabbed said, "Will You Marry Me". My b/f grabs one, says the same thing. So he shows it to me. I didn''t know what to say. I mean, it wasn''t serious, but it could have been a conversation. But what do I blurt out... "Are you going to marry the packet." *slaps forehead* So I wanted to save it. It gets WORSE. I say, "I always imagined that my proposal would involve a ring, but it was a taco sauce packet." **SLAPS FOREHEAD AGAIN**

So in a quick attempt to salvage what could have been a great moment, I then showed him my packed that said "Will You Marry Me". He just said, "Ahhh.. you got the same one"
38.gif

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
I think this story is cute - it had me laughing out loud. At least your bf can joke around with you and not feel like he''s gonna get "The Talk" every time something little like that pops up. Don''t stress about it.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
CraSh --

I agree with Becky 100% on this one. Your reaction was cute and sweet. Kudos to you. You didn't "corner" him just because the taco bell wrapper gave you the "in." You knew he showed you the packet in a funny way. So. . .you couldn't exactly agree to marry him right then. And you didn't take advantage of the marketing tactics of some national chain. I bet their other packets say silly things too. Becky's right -- you don't want him to feel an "ambush" coming on every time he gets a fortune cookie, valentine's candy, etc. that says "marry me."

That's not to say that you should shy away from the "marriage conversation." Just have it in your own time, space, and place. Not when something artificial happens.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 2:20:08 PM
Author: Becky P
I think this story is cute - it had me laughing out loud. At least your bf can joke around with you and not feel like he''s gonna get ''The Talk'' every time something little like that pops up. Don''t stress about it.

Ditto, I don''t think it was the right time to bring up the marriage talk, so don''t worry. A marriage talk I think should be more serious rather than during a funny situation.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just talk to him. Be honest. Anytime is the right time to talk about your future!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Go back to taco bell and get some more sauce!! :)

Seriously, I think that it''s good that you can joke around sometimes and not have to make everything into a talk about the future. But, if you are needing that talk, then go ahead and do it. You don''t have to have taco bell sauce as an excuse to bring it up.

By the way, I haven''t been there in a while... what is going on that the sauce has messages on it???

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 10:18:53 PM
Author: therighttime
Go back to taco bell and get some more sauce!! :)

Seriously, I think that it''s good that you can joke around sometimes and not have to make everything into a talk about the future. But, if you are needing that talk, then go ahead and do it. You don''t have to have taco bell sauce as an excuse to bring it up.

By the way, I haven''t been there in a while... what is going on that the sauce has messages on it???
I was wondering about the messages, too... but now I want taco bell.

*M*

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
hindsight is more than a curse than it is a saving grace... that sucks all on its own...lol
20.gif
2.gif
19.gif

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
LOL... I was half joking when I posted this. I would NOT have turned that into a serious conversation. I thought it was a funny story though. We love to pick at each other and have a GREAT time. That''s an example of what it''s like daily for us. It''s GREAT!!! We have our serious moments, but NO DRAMA.

We have had some serious talks. We know it''s in the future, and I''m comfy with that.

Here is a website that shows some samples of the Taco Packets: http://www.clearfour.com/condiment/tbsauce.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results