shape
carat
color
clarity

The Perfect Novo Replica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MCDestro

Rough_Rock
Sorry about my tardiness in posting this but better late than never!
9.gif

My then-girlfriend (now my fiancee) and I loved the look of Tiffany's Novo but weren't thrilled with their prices so I set out build her a good replica. It turned out that Good Old Gold's Square Hearts & Arrows was exactly the same cut but they didn't offer a setting that matched well enough. Excel diamonds', however, looked almost exactly the same. The main differences (to keep them from getting sued by Tiffany) is that they used 9 pave stones on each side instead of 8 (my fiancee prefers 9 anyway -- it's a Jewish thing...) and the holes on the inner diameter of the ring. I couldn't find anyone else who had ordered one like this yet so I decided to be the guinea pig. I picked up a 1.2ct I VVS1 Sq H&A from GOG and sent it to Excel for setting in 14k white gold. All I can say is WOW! Their craftsmanship did not disappoint me at all -- and my fiancee can't stop looking at it! When all was said and done, I got twice the ring for the $$$ as I would have at Tiffany.

EDIT: This forum has to be the end-all, be-all of sucking when it comes to image linking and attachment. I'll try and attach on a reply post...

EDIT #2: Forget it. 100kb limit and I can't link to my PBase images? Not worth the trouble...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
You can't dangle that little carrot and then not feed us! We want pics! Especially of a replica that is perfect!! You would really make lots of us very happy, pweeze?!

If you are really stuck you can email admin with the pics and they will help I believe. Don't give up! I think you just need to resize them using another program and then post after they are smaller. I can't exactly help there cause I have never had to resize. Good luck.

And! Don't forget hand shots
2.gif
3.gif

ETA - I think we posted at the same time - gorgeous!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I know a forum that makes you sign up for an account at some photo hosting service before you can post anything at all. Really primitive.

Congrats on the ring!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go...

93237290_8cZsxxNm_Top2.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

93237183_HeJNnipL_ERSide1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

93237292_TQDFUPOg_Front2.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring :)
30.gif
your fiance must be over the moon.

Congratulations on your engagement :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif
36.gif

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Stunning.. Congrats..

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! congrats!!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
That''s beautiful!! Can you post some handshots too? Pretty please?

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow it looks wonderful

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Do you have any handshots?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it''s gorgeous!!! Can''t wait for the hand shots!!!

MCDestro

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I haven''t done any hand shots yet. Now that I know it''s pretty much required, I''ll get to it. ;-)

brandonman22

Rough_Rock
I''ve heard many people say they''re not sold on the Excel Novo Replica. Do you have any complaints about yours?

MCDestro

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 11:01:54 AM
Author: brandonman22
I''ve heard many people say they''re not sold on the Excel Novo Replica. Do you have any complaints about yours?

No complaints at all. The craftsmanship is very well done and, when I checked out Tiffany''s own Novo, they didn''t look any better to me.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Better late than never
11.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!! Congrats!!!
And thanks Maisie for posting pics!

brandonman22

Rough_Rock

How''s the thickness of the 4 prongs?

MCDestro

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:55:49 PM
Author: brandonman22

How''s the thickness of the 4 prongs?

They don''t bother me, if that''s what you''re asking. The diamond is facing up quite nicely. Keep in mind that the pictures on Tiffany''s website has what looks to be a 2-3ct diamond in it vs a 1.2 in mine. Excel did mount the diamond a little higher but, IMHO, it still looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results