shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pelosi

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone want it or have it? Does anyone want it but can't do it for political reasons? Just curious. I like the look but don't own it myself. But you ladies have really drawn me into the pearl world. So far I'm doing cheap on ebay, but how long can I hold out?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love it but I would never buy one because it is a) very expensive and b) I''m not a Pelosi fan.

Personally I THINK I would buy a strand only based on the fact if I like or not... not who has worn it... But I can''t say because like kitty said, it''s expensive!!

If I had the money, I might try it because it''s really unique.''

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The fact that Pelosi is known for it doesn''t turn me off. What does is the color combo. I was considering it for all of 2 days then decided against it. I don''t love the look.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
what is pelosi? i mean is she wearing a particular pearl type that is named after her?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2010 4:34:00 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
what is pelosi? i mean is she wearing a particular pearl type that is named after her?

It's a strand of consisting of southseas, golden south seas and tahitians that she is often photographed wearing. Big pearls around 14mm. There are way more pearl experts here, can anyone provide a better description?

Super expensive, and gorgeous. I've been looking at some of smaller size, but even those can run - $5,000 and up. This strand has become so popular since Pelosi started wearing it that it's informally picked up the name The Pelosi.

I love the strand for the strand with no politics involved.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
oh, right. i remember seeing her wearing big pearls in all the colors...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone post a picture?

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
That one like a miniature version of what she wears. It''s a really big multi-color necklace like this http://www.pearlparadise.com/18-inch-AAA-110-130-mm-Round-Multicolor-South-Sea-and-Tahitian-Pearl-Necklace1145.aspx

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
PP and TPO's versions have peacock green, white and gold pearls. Ms. Pelosi's strand has white, gold and greyish pearls though. Personally, I am not fond of those grey ones. They are not colorful and you cannot see any other overtones on the pearls. The larger the pearls, the less chance of the oysters producing colorful ones. That's why you see lots of gray or non-colorful large strands everywhere. In general, pretty colors cost more money. I am not saying the Pelosi is not expensive. Just trying to say colorful pearls will even fetch more. It would take lots of time and harvests for a farm to get large, colorful ones.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like PP and TPO''s versions better. I was window shopping at Mikimoto store in Los Angeles last year and saw a huge multicolor tahitian strand, maybe 14-16mm pearls. It was not greyish at all. The pearls were between pastel and dark shades, very pretty. One of the most colorful large strands I''ve seen. I think it was over $40K.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 8:55:03 AM
Author: HHPmom
PP and TPO''s versions have peacock green, white and gold pearls. Ms. Pelosi''s strand has white, gold and greyish pearls though. Personally, I am not fond of those grey ones. They are not colorful and you cannot see any other overtones on the pearls. The larger the pearls, the less chance of the oysters producing colorful ones. That''s why you see lots of gray or non-colorful large strands everywhere. In general, pretty colors cost more money. I am not saying the Pelosi is not expensive. Just trying to say colorful pearls will even fetch more. It would take lots of time and harvests for a farm to get large, colorful ones.
Exactly. Maybe that''s why I''m turned off. The strand I''ve seen her in look very bland and boring to me. It could very well be the grey pearls that do it.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Although these are not bright tahitian with white SS, I think Keira''s strand is fabulous. I like it much better than the Pelosi. Could it be the shape?

starwars_keiraknightley_1.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Wow,that strand is amazing!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 7:09:37 PM
Although these are not bright tahitian with white SS, I think Keira''s strand is fabulous. I like it much better than the Pelosi. Could it be the shape?

...and as tiny as she is... it looks amazing on her!! OMG.. I WANT!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 7:09:37 PM
This strand is gorgeous! As a pearl noob, what type of pearls are these?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom,

thanks for the picture. I agree, I like Kiera''s strand so much more than the Pelosi. It''s beautiful. I am growing fond of the odd shaped baroques

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
threadjack.

ELLE, I love your new avatar... !!!!

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Wow so beautiful! It must be south sea pearl!
30.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 8:40:51 PM
Author: gardengloves
HHPmom,

thanks for the picture. I agree, I like Kiera''s strand so much more than the Pelosi. It''s beautiful. I am growing fond of the odd shaped baroques

The baroques are my favorite.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I like the colors on the baroque much better than the Pelosi. Probably because the blacks break up the monotony of the whites and add a little something. Could also be because I like the top she''s wearing with them. Realized that I am not a SS baroque lover though.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love the pearls Keira K. is wearing. BTW my jeweler is very proud of the fact that he has Nancy Pelosi''s pearls re strung for her. He went to high school with her husband here in the Bay Area. A native San Franciscan like myself. He told me they were like $80,000 dollar strands ( if I''m remembering right).

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''d talked to Elana about doing a mix of SS and Tahitian baroques in pretty big sizes. So she sent me a bunch of loose ones to play with. I just could not mix the SS pearls in such a way that they looked right. The strand ended up a multicolor baroque Tahitian strand and, although one of the SS pearls was this enormous (16mm?) gorgeous satiny white Paspaley with lovely lustre, I just didn''t like the mix. The SS ones just stood out and were a bit washed out by the really colorful Tahitians. It would have looked like the necklace Keira is wearing up there, but with way more Tahitians than SS pearls. I think her necklace''s mix works better, with the fewer Tahitians and more SS pearls.

I really don''t care for golden SS pearls in any mix... yellow just doesn''t do it for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results