shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pearl Outlet Sep Blowout Event

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I received an email from TPO that they have just received a new shipment of gem quality strands. There will also be gray strands and earrings and apparently it is the finest gray that they have ever seen. The site will be updated on Thursday and they will send out the link to the special page on Thursday.

To those interested, I think you may wish to sign up to be on their mailing list.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, oh, oh!!!! Thanks for the heads up!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Yipeeeee. I smell Christmas presents. Just bought a pair of earrings from them, and they are grrrrreat. Will you post the link? I looked on their page, and could nt see anything.
Thanks a million times for starting a thread about it.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 3:31:52 PM
Author: mousey
Yipeeeee. I smell Christmas presents. Just bought a pair of earrings from them, and they are grrrrreat. Will you post the link? I looked on their page, and could nt see anything.
Thanks a million times for starting a thread about it.
Hello, I hope it is ok to post the link.

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/september09blowout.htm

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks simply. I am thinking of investing in the white gem quality freshwaters. Does anyone know what the difference between the $395 and $495. Is it just one is 8.5-9 in size and the other is 8.5-9.5? Also, do you think its a good deal? Are they really worth nearly 10 times the asking price?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I received that email yesterday as well... but never received the follow up one with the link in it today! Oh well... I would have liked one of those pink pearl rings
7.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I bought the 7.5 to 8.0mm gem qualify strand for a friend, will post again after the I receive it.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
On the first email, at the bottom, it said that if you didn''t receive the second email to go to the Pearl Outlet homepage, scroll to the bottom and there would be a tiny link to the sale. That''s how I got there - my email was late.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ooo ooo ooo mememe want a gray strand!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I got the necklace last week, a 7.5mm to 8mm gem quality white strand, I asked for rose, rose/silver overtones and I got that! Forgot to take photos before wrapping it in gift paper.

The luster is quite good, but softer than akoyas, pearls are near perfect round and even sized.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 7:20:38 AM
Author: Lovinggems
I got the necklace last week, a 7.5mm to 8mm gem quality white strand, I asked for rose, rose/silver overtones and I got that! Forgot to take photos before wrapping it in gift paper.

The luster is quite good, but softer than akoyas, pearls are near perfect round and even sized.
Yes, I noticed too that the lustre between the freshwater and the akoyas are quite different. The freshwater seems to have a softer lustre whereas the akoyas have a sharper lustre. I am lusting after a strand of hanadamas now.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 3:18:26 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Yes, I noticed too that the lustre between the freshwater and the akoyas are quite different. The freshwater seems to have a softer lustre whereas the akoyas have a sharper lustre. I am lusting after a strand of hanadamas now.
Hanadamas are gorgeous, but I prefer your 11mm south sea strand with the diamond clasp.
30.gif

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mousey -

This company seems to sell some very nice pearls at an attractive price, but the claim of "10 times the asking price" is quite a stretch, in my opinion and experience. Jewelry prices vary considerably from location to location, and seller to seller. An item that''s $1,000 online may cost $5,000 in a jewelry store in the Northeast, but only $1,100 in Florida.

Let me state again, their prices are attractive. But, if you decide to insure an item you''ve purchased from them, do not insure it for "10 times" the price, this will not protect you in case of a loss, it will only cause you to pay a much higher premium.

hope this helps.

julie.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 10:20:33 AM
Author: pearlie
Hi Mousey -

This company seems to sell some very nice pearls at an attractive price, but the claim of ''10 times the asking price'' is quite a stretch, in my opinion and experience. Jewelry prices vary considerably from location to location, and seller to seller. An item that''s $1,000 online may cost $5,000 in a jewelry store in the Northeast, but only $1,100 in Florida.

Let me state again, their prices are attractive. But, if you decide to insure an item you''ve purchased from them, do not insure it for ''10 times'' the price, this will not protect you in case of a loss, it will only cause you to pay a much higher premium.

hope this helps.

julie.
I was going to include the gem certificate with the gift but was a bit embarassed about the inflated retail price stated so I didn''t send it with the pearls.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 2:00:21 AM

Date: 9/22/2009 3:18:26 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Hanadamas are gorgeous, but I prefer your 11mm south sea strand with the diamond clasp.
30.gif
Aww.... thank you..

I hope Octobers blowout event is better... I just wasn''t as excited as Augusts blowout event.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results