shape
carat
color
clarity

The passing of RockDoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am so saddened to hear about RockDoc''s passing. When I saw this thread I couldn''t believe it because I remember reading a post from him just a few days ago. Thanks to those who have shared their memories of him so that we might all know him a bit better.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Incredibly sad news that one of our most valuable resources here on PS has passed.

Bill was a passionate educator, and his enthusiasm for gems was infectious. Moreover, integrity was a much treasured and revered quality to him.

He will be sorely missed here and by the many lives I know he touched.

Here, he will be fondly remembered for a long, long time.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
So very sorry to hear this news. He will be sorely missed around here. What a sad thing.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
May we offer our sincere condoleances to Bill''s family.

Although we never met, it is as if a dear friend has left us.

It may sound weird, but to me, my traditional ending words seem very appropriate.

Live long,

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh no...this is so sad. My deepest condolences to Bill''s family and friends during this difficult time.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such sad news. My condolences to Bills family and friends.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
How very sad. My condolences to his family and friends -- he clearly touched many lives and will be greatly missed.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I am shocked and so sad about this......Bill, we will all miss you immensely around here......May you rest in peace now.
emrose.gif

My condolences to all of his family and friends....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m very shocked and saddened to hear such terrible news. It is such a loss for the industry. My sincere thoughts and wishes go out to Bill''s family and friends.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Very sad news indeed. My deepest sympathies to Bill''s family.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bill set the bar high for appraisers and was a role model for all of us. He literally invented a new industry of online independent appraisers and his selfless pursuit of consumer education has shown how it should be done. His passing is a terrible loss and he will be greatly missed.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
This is sad news. Rock, thanks for sharing your time, wisdom, and good counsel with us. You will be missed.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the short time i have been on PS he was one who clearly left an impression, and i quickly found comfort in his easily apparent integrity and knowledge. this is surely a great loss for all, and my condolences to his family and friends.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am so sad
7.gif
My thoughts are with his family

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too am completely shocked. he will be greatly missed. my condolences to his family and friends...

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Our prays are with his family.

MWG

debi wexler

Rough_Rock
Rock Doc was seeker of truth in the field of diamonds. He always had time to spend educating me no matter how simple the questions.. He loved his profession and I always respect someone who has passion for his profession. Rock Doc''s shoes will be hard to fill on the forum.

Very sad and such a tragedy.

May all those that knew him remember him for the good things he did.

tinsure

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just learned of Bill’s passing and wanted to add my voice to all of your very kind messages of condolences. I am a more recent friend of Bill’s. We came to know each other because of his passionate concern for the integrity of his appraisals, his client’s best interests, and his broad base of knowledge which included insurance. Bill had extraordinary integrity about every thing he touched. He had a deep concern for the people to whom he provided his services. He understood a great deal about the law, insurance, and the jewelry world. He believed firmly in his personal code of conduct in business. He lived by it.

I learned a great deal from Bill during my all too brief association with him. He loved to educate, he was quick to help, and never considered money to be his first priority. I feel cheated that our relationship spanned less than a year but I am the better for knowing him. I don’t know how Bill passed on but when I spoke with him less than a week ago he seemed fine. There were times when we spoke daily and then other times that a week or more passed when we had no contact. I always looked forward to hearing from him and he always tried to take good care of his friends. I feel as though I should have known more about his health so that if there was anything that could have been done to encourage his well being he might still be with us. If there is a lesson here it is that we need to value and appreciate each other. I know Bill would have felt that to be a noble ideal. He will be sorely missed.

Ralph Cohen

Touchstone Insurance

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bill will be greatly missed. He was very passionate about his profession and a true advocate for the consumer.

Rest in peace.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is sad, it seems like a sudden thing and I hope he did not suffer.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
How sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. I always enjoyed reading his helpful and knowledgeable posts. He will be greatly missed.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I never had the opportunity to meet with Bill or utilize his services, but I know that he had an excellent reputation and was a real asset to the posters on this forum. Such a sad and unexpected loss. My sincere sympathies to his loved ones.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how awful, I am so sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family & friends.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am out of the office and my friend John Quixote was kind enough to call and let me know.

My thoughts and prayers will be with him and all of us as we absorb this news.

Is there anyone now to help with his Aunt?

Wink

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 7:27:50 PM
Author: Wink
I am out of the office and my friend John Quixote was kind enough to call and let me know.

My thoughts and prayers will be with him and all of us as we absorb this news.

Is there anyone now to help with his Aunt?

Wink
Wink.. I have spoken to the local authorities regarding the situtation, as well as to his Aunt and his relatives in PA who will be coming down to assist her. I am trying to protect her interests as best I can.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
My fiancee sent this Irish prayer, which I thought appropriate:

"...We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too meaningful to forget..."

WilliamRLieberum.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
John,

Thank you for putting that picture up!

Claudine

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My deepest sympathies to john''s family and friends. he was a wealth of information and he will sorely be missed by all here on ps. What a shock.
39.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 7:43:22 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

My fiancee sent this Irish prayer, which I thought appropriate:

''...We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too meaningful to forget...''
That is a sweet quote John, thanks for sharing. I know he has had a great presence in these forums. I never go to talk with Bill directly, but I know he will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results