shape
carat
color
clarity

The Oval has cometh!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Well, the diamond saga is over! I officially became the new owner of my lovely oval stone this evening. First, heres the specs:

GIA cert
Oval Brillliant
2.06 carat
Depth 53.6%
table 57%
Girdle thin to thick, faceted
Culet None
Polish very good
Symmetry very good
Color I
Clarity SI1
Fluor None

So I compromised a little on the depth--it was off by 0.04% from being good, but the stone faces up the way I wanted it to, so I didn''t worry about it much. After the 84% depth on the radiant, I went to the other end of the spectrum!! Anyways, it is a little on the warm side, but my radiant was too and I really liked it, so its not a biggie to me either. You can''t see the warmth unless you are in fluorescent lighting. The pics I took are under fluoro lighting, so it will seem warmer. Its more white out in the sunlight and under normal bulbs. It is 100% eyeclean, and would have been a VS2 if it weren''t for an extra facet on one end. I can''t even see the extra facet, even under the loupe, so no worries there. Heres the kicker of the whole deal--it is set in my old platinum mounting. We tried it in the new pave I got last month, but it was too big for the super thin band. It looked a little weird. Plus it was spinning just holding my hand still. I have to say I kind of re-fell in love with the plat. mounting with this stone in it. They were almost made for each other. I want to say a big THANK YOU to eveyone here for all your help, advice, and patience. Its been a stressful road, but its a done deal now and I am 100% happy with it. I apologize for being a little testy the other day (especially to you surf) and it was just my frustrations from the jeweler being vented out. So, heres the pics. I hope you all like it. I am really thrilled with it.

P2200082.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! would love to see more pics of it outside in the sunlight. I really do love ovals, we just dont see many around here! Great seting too!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
hopefully I can get some outside shots this weekend. Its cold and cloudy and down right DREARY here! Looks like it may be sunny over the weekend though. I shoulda taken pics this afternoon, but didn''t have my camera with me at the jewelers. It was dark by the time I got home.
8.gif
8.gif
I will post some more pics as soon as I get them.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely. I am glad its over for you. I know how stressed you were.
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) congrats it is awesome to see a happy ending :)

I agree a 53.6% depth is definetly better then 84% :) and would definitely make a sizable difference. That oval does look scrumalicious
30.gif
and perfectly suited to your setting :)

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! I think the new stone looks great in your original setting.
1.gif
Congrats!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Heres some more shots I got this morning--had a little bit of sunlight--not much, but enough to get some better shots. Hoping for full blown sun this weekend!!

sparkle 4.JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes definately need more sunlight pics. You can really tell it''s a sparkler just in the tiny bit of sunlight! Congrats! Thanks for sharing pics with us!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Yes the crappy bulbs in my basement did NO justice to this diamond last night. I can''t wait to actually get outside to get some better shots. Its just too cold and not enough sun to make it worth freezing to death! I PROMISE I will get more this weekend. Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am really having fun with this stone and it hasn''t even been on my finger 24 hours yet!!
21.gif
21.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The Oval is humongous! So pretty!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! That is a beautiful set!! The stone is HUGE and holds it''s own in that setting :) WOOOO CONGRATS!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I forgot to post the dimensions of the diamond-

Its 9.70 X 7.58

The setting is platinum, 6mm tapered to 2mm in the back, 1.01 ct princess cut, the stones are G VVS1 in the invisible setting. I had written this setting off when I had the radiant, but I am so glad I kept it. It is perfect for this stone.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous oval, hairgirl! I really like it in your princess-cut setting, too! Congrats, can''t wait to see more pics of this beauty.
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I happy you found your oval Hairgirl! More photos please!--Do you have a full handshot? I'd like to see how BIG -heh heh- it is in proportion to your hand
31.gif
Congratulations!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
lol coat I will get a full hand shot just for you!!
3.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy that workerd out for you! It looks like a nice juicy oval! How''s the finger coverage? It must look huge compared to that 84% depth radiant!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, and it looks great in your setting! They really do look like they were made for eachother.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo! What a sparkler!
36.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Oikay here are some handshots. Not in the sunshine, unfortunately, but these will do till this weekend when the weather cooperates. I had a hard time getting my entire hand in the photo as I had to keep cropping it to make it small enough to post. Hope these give you the jist until I learn a better way to shrink my photos!

close 5.JPG

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
And pardon my horrid nails--I need a fill BADLY! My valentine''s red polish is looking a little sad and worn! And my ring is dirty ALREADY--I should have polished it up before taking these shots. I just got home from work and I im severely covered in hairspray and gel. Although my regular clients noticed the new rock right away. Got lots of compliments on it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow Hairgirl! Looks fantastic on you! You have really lovely hands by the way
1.gif

Thanks for posting a full handshot!!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Why thank you coati!! I am thankful I didn''t cut myself at work this week--gotta love gross healing cuts when trying to take pics of a ring! You knew that hand shot was just for you
2.gif
I hope I can get some good ones in a few days for ya. I like your avatar change. Your ring is just spectacular!! It was seeing your round that initiallly inspired me to start looking at a different stone.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 6:45:18 PM
Author: hairgirl95
Why thank you coati!! I am thankful I didn''t cut myself at work this week--gotta love gross healing cuts when trying to take pics of a ring! You knew that hand shot was just for you
2.gif
I hope I can get some good ones in a few days for ya. I like your avatar change. Your ring is just spectacular!! It was seeing your round that initiallly inspired me to start looking at a different stone.

Shucks Hairgirl! Thank You!
I''m so glad you''re happy after your ordeal. I know how frustrating it can be.
Enjoy your new lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I love ovals in gemstones and think they are gorgeous in diamonds but I have only seen a few of them in person. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results