shape
carat
color
clarity

The One That Got Away and Came Back!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may remember a ring I tried to buy earlier this year, I posted about it in RT. To make a long story short we tried to buy the ring in person in cash but it was listed on Ebay and the seller would not end the auction, had we bought it on EBay we would have ended up paying more, I was so ticked off, if you are a reader here is the original thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-does-this-transitional-look.241854/

I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this year, there have been many lovely old cuts I have found, apart from a really stunning three row diamond band, nothing has really scratched the itch of the ring that got away. It sounds petty and spolied because they are all beautiful but they just didn't hold a candle to the other ring. As a result I'll probably be selling them in the near future.

I was looking at comps recently on Etsy and came across this ring, it looked nearly exactly like the one that go away. I asked for more pictures and a video but I'm the end decided I had to see it myself so I bought it. Mind you I really have bought enough but if I had let it go I wasn't sure of the chances of finding another like it again, you know the feeling!

Here it is, now I do not have a color or clarity grade but to me this center diamond is pretty white, G or better, looks relatively clear and has one small diamond on each side that makes the center look larger, a really ingenious illusion setting. The diamonds on the shoulders are single cuts and the band has a lovely fluted design on the sides. It is all 14Kt white gold. The center diamond is .40 carats and the total with the other small diamonds is half a carat.

There is no sun here today (always the way when you get new bling right?) so these are the best pics I could get for now. The first ring is the one that got away followed by the new ring,

IMG_9941.jpg IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 29

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got some great pics! Looks pretty!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - and you now believe it is the same ring that got away?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks, it's hard to tell, whether or not it's the exact same one since I have very few pictures to compare but if it's not, it is extremely close. Put it like this, if it isn't the same it still give me the same feels and that's good enough for me! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this setting!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, girl you are craaaaazy! For diamonds, that is!
You need to get off the Strawberry Shortcake bus, and get on the Diamond Express! Ya know? :mrgreen2::lol-2::P2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shoulders are not the same, but you know, I really prefer this one over the one that got away! It's so luxe & detailed & the diamonds are lovely!

More pictures!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alex T, yeah I probably got myself a little hopeful and nostalgic but I agree that this one is really THE one and it was actually less expensive than the first go figure.

I promise I'll take more pictures when the sun comes out hopefully tomorrow :twisted2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I think this one you got is prettier than the original (I like the little heart shape design on the sides whereas the original is just round.) It was meant to be!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may remember a ring I tried to buy earlier this year, I posted about it in RT. To make a long story short we tried to buy the ring in person in cash but it was listed on Ebay and the seller would not end the auction, had we bought it on EBay we would have ended up paying more, I was so ticked off, if you are a reader here is the original thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-does-this-transitional-look.241854/

I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this year, there have been many lovely old cuts I have found, apart from a really stunning three row diamond band, nothing has really scratched the itch of the ring that got away. It sounds petty and spolied because they are all beautiful but they just didn't hold a candle to the other ring. As a result I'll probably be selling them in the near future.

I was looking at comps recently on Etsy and came across this ring, it looked nearly exactly like the one that go away. I asked for more pictures and a video but I'm the end decided I had to see it myself so I bought it. Mind you I really have bought enough but if I had let it go I wasn't sure of the chances of finding another like it again, you know the feeling!

Here it is, now I do not have a color or clarity grade but to me this center diamond is pretty white, G or better, looks relatively clear and has one small diamond on each side that makes the center look larger, a really ingenious illusion setting. The diamonds on the shoulders are single cuts and the band has a lovely fluted design on the sides. It is all 14Kt white gold. The center diamond is .40 carats and the total with the other small diamonds is half a carat.

There is no sun here today (always the way when you get new bling right?) so these are the best pics I could get for now. The first ring is the one that got away followed by the new ring,

IMG_9941.jpg IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

I actually love #2....lol!! The setting is so elegant, compared to #1!
Great find!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@peacechick, I didn't even see the hearts until you mentioned them! Maybe I need an eye exam lol!

Thanks @Matthews1127, I feel a bit silly since I didn't pick up on the subtle differences between these two but I do see the second one is more refined. I guess that is the beauty of PS, sometimes people see things you don't =)2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is better than the one that got away. It has more crisp, refined details that extend to the side stone setting. Great find!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy for you!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS! Finding the dream ring is a big deal. :D The fact that it’s a bit more refined is a plus. :appl::appl::appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun was only out for a small bit this morning, I don't know what it is, everyday here recently has been rainy or overcast :confused:

Anyways I got a quick few outdoor shots, not my best but I caught the fire!

IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I’m with the others, this ring outshines your original desire. Fantastic find! :love::love::love:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Just beautiful.

I bet it feels so satisfying. There is some word that is beyond "comforting" but I can't remember it. Anyway, I'm so happy for you! What a ring. Great buy!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This one is definitely better than the one the got away. The proportions are much better and I see more pretty details on this one. This is definitely a case where things worked out for the better, despite the initial disappointment. Very happy for you! :dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl comforting is a good word for it, maybe familiar? I mention my mom a lot with illusion settings because she had one and really this is the closest I will ever get to having her ring back (stolen in a burglary 15 years ago). Hers was a wee little diamond, I still have an appraisal I had done on it, just can't bring myself to throw it away.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn yes 'familiar' is a good description. Eternal, somehow. Like lightning: once seen, never forgotten. What a lovely thought.

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's diamond being taken. I've had things taken too and it hurts, but things seem to always find their level.... if the thief pawned or otherwise sold it on, it would be eventually bought by someone who loved it as much as you and your mom did.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl, that is a nice way to think about an unfortunate situation. We had some statues stolen from our garden and when my son asked if I was sad I told him they obviously needed them more than I did =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn - this is absolutely lovely - and I prefer it to the first one, also.

Would you mind telling us what size the center diamond is, and also what size the ring is? I always like to get a sense of proportion.

And congratulations! It's wonderful - and rare! - when things work out so neatly! :wavey:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b that means a lot coming from someone with such an amazing collection!

The center is just about almost 1/3 carat measuring 4.3mm x 2.57, the diamond original to the setting was 4.29mm X 2.61.

The seller sold this to me as .40 carat center which is obviously off by quite a bit but it worked out in the end so it's all good.

The ring is a size 8 with sizing beads.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think it's lovely! And it looks great on your hand, too. Win/win! (and thank you for the info!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results