shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

If you want to pee just to pee, use the $ store. But FRER is the most likely to give you solid results...

So maybe test early (but reasonably) with FRER (Saturday? That'd be 8 dpo?), and if it's BFN hold off till you're much more likely to get a positive, then use the $ store (which, I've read, are sensitive but sometimes take longer than ~3min to show the BFP)

I always get mad when I waste a FRER. That's all I have now... a single FRER. I might run to the Dollar Tree today to get some cheapies, though :naughty: And if I do, best believe I'll start peeing on Saturday.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1389210437|3589003 said:
If you want to pee just to pee, use the $ store. But FRER is the most likely to give you solid results...

So maybe test early (but reasonably) with FRER (Saturday? That'd be 8 dpo?), and if it's BFN hold off till you're much more likely to get a positive, then use the $ store (which, I've read, are sensitive but sometimes take longer than ~3min to show the BFP)

I always get mad when I waste a FRER. That's all I have now... a single FRER. I might run to the Dollar Tree today to get some cheapies, though :naughty: And if I do, best believe I'll start peeing on Saturday.

We are twins. I was just thinking about running to Dollar Tree at lunch to get more tests. That's not a bad idea- use the FRER early and then wait a couple of day (ha! obviously it would be the next day) and start using the cheapies.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Sometimes it is a curse to work 5 minutes from Walmart. They have the 88 cent tests that i sometimes go and get on my lunch hour lol. If they're sold out, I somehow end up walking out with a frer in my hands haha!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1389215069|3589059 said:
Sometimes it is a curse to work 5 minutes from Walmart. They have the 88 cent tests that i sometimes go and get on my lunch hour lol. If they're sold out, I somehow end up walking out with a frer in my hands haha!

My Walmart is always out of those, along with about 75% of the other tests. It's a very sad aisle. Of course, I could go to one of the other four in town...

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1389206305|3588965 said:
So, I'm LOL only because even with our wonky-WTF-is-going-on? cycles, we're still cycle twins. I either o'd CD17 or CD20, based kind of on OPKs and on CM... and cycle history.

So annoying!!!

I'm basically expecting AF as though I O'd on CD 17, but will try to hold off on testing until I'm at least 10DPO from CD 20 (ie, CD 30)... Worst of both words. (And who am I kidding? I will pee on something by Monday, at the latest...)

I am cracking up at all of this!!!! Haha! Twinzies for life! Also, I'm dying at "I'll pee on something by Monday!" :bigsmile:

Okay... back to reading the rest of this thread! :read:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

You guys I am loving all of this POAS obsession talk! I'm always trying to have a POAS plan! I tell myself I can do the cheapies early because then it won't be a waste of money, but when they come out BFN I don't trust them and go to FRER anyway! I sent this pic to a friend the other day to show how crazy I am. My daughter is 10 months old and I used all of these after her birth, when we weren't trying. I found 2 more boxes in the other bathroom too! :twirl:

_13527.jpg

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

mia, I used to laugh about how I was "POAS-deprived" last pregnancy as I was "diagnosed with pregnancy" on some bloodwork looking into why AF hadn't come back after coming off the Pill. This time I was a complete and utter nut. The cycle before we started TTC, we had a "whoops" at O+1, so sliver of a chance but really not much. I think I went through about 6 HPTs that time.

Then, on this last cycle, our first of "real TTC", I think I have POAS about 8 times? And that is even though my first test was a positive. So I totally feel your psychosis! I'm now nearly 6 weeks pregnant and I STILL POAS yesterday, one of those CBs with the "conception indicator" because somehow it made me feel better/reassured.

My husband thinks I'm loopy.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I've started a savings plan and it's called 'wait til AF shows up'. With all the money I've spent on frer I could've afforded a personal masseuse by now...and I REALLY need one of those! For awhile I ordered wondfos but then I started using a 50 pack in 8 days and realized I probably have a problem and should just...stop...lol

amc80

Ideal_Rock

We are all addicts. I would say we should join a program but why end the fun?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Well, the good news is my temp was back at a "normal" level this morning which makes me think that super high temp was just a fluke. I also think I can rule out CD20 as O day, despite the crazy O pains I had that day. I'm also thinking that I did O when FF says I did, which is CD17. I was thinking it was 50/50 with CD18, but that would make my cover line quite a bit higher than where it usually is. As in every single chart it has been between 96.9 and 97.1...EXCEPT for last month when it was 97.3.

That's a really long way of saying that I'm 6DPO. :)

Also, something to think about. We always want to use a HPT with FMU, right? But think about that for a sec. Your FMU is old pee. If you pee before bed, sleep 8 hours, and then POAS, well, some of it is 8 hours old. It seems like it would make more sense to wake up, pee, not drink, wait a couple of hours, and then POAS. Or, better yet, wait until the evening and do that same thing, since the HCG will have had another 12 hours or so to do its thing. The reason I was thinking about this is on countdowntopregnancy there is a HPT gallery, by brand, and it also has BFN/BFP stats based on the time of day tested. And, of course, the evening tests are always a higher % of BFP.

Since I'm going to the dollar store to stock up I was thinking of buying some extra so I could test at night as well. I've never done that because I drink a lot of water during the day, but surely I can refrain for a couple of hours in the name of science.

_13539.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I have no business on this thread (other than the fact that I'm rooting for all of you!), but just had to chime in to say that the am/pm research is interesting, amc. I always had the most success with my end-of-the-day urine. I thought it was just me since everybody else seemed to have luck with FMU. With both #1 and this baby, I got my first wondfo BFP the evening of 8dpo. This time around, I was still getting BFNs on the FRER and digital at 9dpo using FMU, but by noon I had positives on both. All this to say that I've had the same experience as the research you saw.

Also, just throwing in my $0.02 about the Dollar Tree tests. I may have had a bad batch (I went in and bought 10 or so when I was pregnant with Katie), but I didn't get my first positive on a Dollar Tree test until days after I got positives on the wondfo, FRER and digital tests. Again, this was over 2 years ago (so the tests may be better) or I could have had a bad batch, but I got a BFP on the wondfo at 8dpo (absolutely nothing showed up on the $ Tree test), positives on the FRER and digi at 9dpo and didn't see a faint line on the $ Tree test until 11dpo. With this baby, I didn't even buy the $ Tree tests. Not to be discouraging, just wanted to share my experience!

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!! Hopefully 2014 starts off with a baby boom!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I always use FMU, wait a few hours and do a second test with SMU. On my chemicals (using wondfos), they always showed up best on SMU for some reason. I waited about 3-4 hours and didn’t drink anything. I also pee at night…you know…just to be sure haha :twirl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

NEL- That is really interesting. Also, good input on the $ tree tests. I've never used wondfos but I am close to wanting some. But the smallest amount you can buy is 25 for $14...and for that I can get a 3 pack of FRER.

Look at this- http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/extra-sensitive-pregnancy-test.html They measure to 10! Hmmm....

random_thought said:
I always use FMU, wait a few hours and do a second test with SMU. On my chemicals (using wondfos), they always showed up best on SMU for some reason. I waited about 3-4 hours and didn’t drink anything. I also pee at night…you know…just to be sure haha :twirl:

I've only ever used FMU...all of this feedback might convert me.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC and PPM, I'm really rooting for you guys! LOL about the POAS addiction. Maybe a PS Support group is in order. :)

AMC, to further your conversion I got my BFP with Ethan in the middle of the day too. So not that you needed more excuses to test but you should test multiple times during the day.

Mia, that's such an adorable picture of your daughter and the HPTs. LOL.

AFM: Count me in the whacked out cycle camp. According to FF, I O'd on Monday. I'm not sure how accurate that would be since I only started temping on Friday. I'm expecting O to happen Sunday or Monday. :confused: So if I did O this week, we only hit O-3 in terms of timing. I suppose isn't bad, but we were planning really BDing this weekend. ARGH! I think we're going to go ahead and try BDIng like crazy this weekend and see what happens. If I'm already 3DPO, then I'll be expecting AF end of next week. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I got pregnant with E with only O-5 session, so maybe O-3 will be good enough.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

LC, O-3 is still good timing. And the silver lining is - if you really did ovulate last Monday, then that's a much more "normal"-length cycle for you!

Re timing of tests, I do wonder whether the success later in the day (particularly in the early DPO) reflects the fact that HCG is rapidly rising in real time?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

LC- If you just started temping on Friday then it will mess FF up. It needs more data to really know what's going on. So unless your pre and post O temps are always in the same range and these match those temps, I'd keep BDing and temping.

And you've fully convinced me that I need to test more often.

pancake said:
Re timing of tests, I do wonder whether the success later in the day (particularly in the early DPO) reflects the fact that HCG is rapidly rising in real time?

It makes sense. And I think the pee hold has something to do with it as well, since you'd be getting the latest and greatest and not stuff that's 8 hours old. The combination of those two factors really makes me think.

And, with that, I'm wondering which tests to buy for my spiraling POAS addiction. Walmart? Dollar Tree? FRER?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, yeah I know that starting to temp mid cycle is kinda bogus, but my cycles are so long and I swore I had a week before my predicted O date. Still going to planning to BD and temp and we'll see what happens.

Pancake, yes silver lining is my O would've been on CD22 instead of CD29 like it has been. Weird for O to shift so much (7 days) and to shift EARLY instead of later, right?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Pancake- I don't remember that about your first pregnancy but what a surprise that must've been! I also peed on a bajillion tests when I knew I was pregnant. I remember once, I had to be 6 weeks and I made a friend take me to gas station in the middle of a work day because I suddenly was worried that something was wrong. I can't remember why I was so worried, maybe my morning sickness let up for a day? I was glad I got the heart doppler soon after because it was so nice to reassure myself.

RT- I don't even want to think about the amount of money I've wasted on pregnancy tests! It really is hard to moderate yourself when every day is another chance that that late period could be it. I have really irregular cycles so I'm always thinking I am pregnant.

AMC- I think you are 6dpo too, which is great because your timing was perfect! I think they say FMU because the urine would be less diluted after 8 hours because you aren't up drinking water at night. But I do agree with your theory. Second morning urine would be much less diluted because there would be less of it. I got a very very faint BPF on my first morning on 7DPO of my pregnancy. But my second morning urine gave me a BPF that was still faint but definitely darker than the first. I am pretty sure every time I tested more than once a day in my early pregnancy, it was darker in the afternoon.

LC- Thanks for complimenting my lil boo! She loved playing with them. Getting more for my money I guess!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mia1181|1389307991|3589787 said:
AMC- I think you are 6dpo too, which is great because your timing was perfect! I think they say FMU because the urine would be less diluted after 8 hours because you aren't up drinking water at night. But I do agree with your theory. Second morning urine would be much less diluted because there would be less of it. I got a very very faint BPF on my first morning on 7DPO of my pregnancy. But my second morning urine gave me a BPF that was still faint but definitely darker than the first. I am pretty sure every time I tested more than once a day in my early pregnancy, it was darker in the afternoon.

Which kind of test was that?

OH, and that picture was funny. So cute. If only she knew what she was playing with. And total score for finding a bunch of tests!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock

Well, I'm off to the OB/GYN tomorrow ... this cycle is like a neverending saga.

I was supposed to get my period on 12/29. Never came. And I've never missed a cycle in my life -- not when stressed, not when sick, not when injured, etc. However, I've had some intermittent spotting and continuous cramping, plus I'm peeing all the freaking time. And it's like someone is sticking needles in the sensitive parts of my chest.

Two negative FRERs, one 12/29, one a week later. So I'm positive (heh) I'm not pregnant, but I'd like to have some answers or at least get some guidance on alleviating my symptoms. It's been like the worst PMS ever.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

AMC- FRER! And on 8dpo second morning urine I got a + on a FRER Gold Digital (didn't try one on 7dpo, had to get one the next day to convince DH!). Look here for the faintest lines ever! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-705']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-705[/URL] I have a really short luteal phase so I don't know if that's why she implanted so early. When are you going to test? I hope this isn't encouraging you to test early. My official advice is to wait until a day or two before AF. :cheeky:

Oh and all those tests were just empty boxes that I was stashing under our sink so DH wouldn't find them! I didn't want to throw them in the trash and have him see them! You know you have a problem when you have to hide it! :Up_to_something:

Shertz I don't know your background but good luck at the OBGYN tomorrow. Most women will have a cycle in their lifetime that does not produce ovulation and it's totally normal. Of course you could have ovulated really late. I have a history of very irregular cycles. I track my ovulation so I know a few of my cycles were anovulatory (I didn't ovulate at all) and a few were very long cycles where I eventually ovulated. I have gone 89 days without a period once :-o But I have also been given a pill (provera?) to restart my cycle (twice?). If you aren't pregnant (and it is possible you tested too early if you ovulated late) your doctor may give you that prescription, but they may ask you to wait a little longer (once my doc did and sure enough my period came on it's own). Anyway I am telling you all this because with all of these "problems" and "abnormalities" I also got pregnant on our first cycle trying and [get this] that cycle I ovulate on day 44! I had a perfectly healthy daughter too! So just so you know skipping an ovulation or ovulating late doesn't necessarily mean you won't get pregnant, especially if you usually are like clockwork. But maybe there is a chance you are pregnant and just ovulated late. Good luck!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mia1181|1389328412|3590056 said:
AMC- FRER! And on 8dpo second morning urine I got a + on a FRER Gold Digital (didn't try one on 7dpo, had to get one the next day to convince DH!). Look here for the faintest lines ever! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-705']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-705[/URL] I have a really short luteal phase so I don't know if that's why she implanted so early. When are you going to test? I hope this isn't encouraging you to test early. My official advice is to wait until a day or two before AF. :cheeky:

Oh and all those tests were just empty boxes that I was stashing under our sink so DH wouldn't find them! I didn't want to throw them in the trash and have him see them! You know you have a problem when you have to hide it! :Up_to_something:

I think those are lovely lines! Oh, and from what I've read, a short LP doesn't mean you implant any earlier, since the same process has to happen before implantation. So you must have just had one eager little one. 7DPO is about the earliest I've heard of with a "real" line. Nice work :)

And of course it tells me to test early!

So, not that I want to symptom shop, but I was having some crazy cramping yesterday. It felt just like AF cramps. And today I had a decent temp dip. I know implantation dips are someone mythical, but I'm going with it. Ha.

I've decided I'm buying another 3 pack of FRERs and some more $ store tests. I think I will test tomorrow night (so 8dpo) with a FRER. That's the plan, anyway.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I have no willpower

image-2094996804.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I just took off my really scratched screen protector and I'm about 99% sure I see a line. Or the worst case of line eye ever.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

AMC- Unfortunately I often get "line eye" too but I think I see something! This pic was taken within 10 minutes right? Do you have more pics? Did you take this last night or this morning? When are you going to test again? Good luck!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

I see it too! It's a barely there squinter, but something might just be brewing! Good luck! :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mia1181 said:
AMC- Unfortunately I often get "line eye" too but I think I see something! This pic was taken within 10 minutes right? Do you have more pics? Did you take this last night or this morning? When are you going to test again? Good luck!

Yes within 10 minutes. It was FMU. This is the best pic but I can post another. I'm debating between testing again tonight and tomorrow.

image-1412296018.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tammy77 said:
I see it too! It's a barely there squinter, but something might just be brewing! Good luck! :bigsmile:

Thanks Tammy! How are things going??

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc80 if you can muster up the willpower to wait, I would. If you've got 2 FRERs left, I'd go for at least 10DPO so that there's a chnace for the HCG level (if it's there) to increase significantly before using another one. After all, I suppose in the final analysis it doesn't really matter WHEN you get your BFP if you get one. (Ditto a BFN I guess!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results