The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww random :(

Here is mine from this morning.

image-1228993980.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Another pic. I think I'm not testing at night any more. I think it works great for some people but I think my pee is too diluted regardless of the hold.

image-666979631.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Sorry AMC and RT... Good news is that it's still super super early to be testing.

I was right there with you, starting Friday night (so dumb). I bought 5 .88 and one 3-pack of FRERs... I have two .88 left. Allll BFN. Here's my thought: if I Od on cd17, my period will be here tomorrow. If I Od cd20, period will be here We'd, AND there's no chance I could be pregnant because we didn't successfully have sex. If AF doesn't show tomorrow, I will wait til Wednesday to test. Bah humbug. Starting to feel blah about this TTC process... Not sure why I thought it'd happen so easily. The months have passed pretty quickly, though.

We need some BfPs around here, stat!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
Sorry AMC and RT... Good news is that it's still super super early to be testing. I was right there with you, starting Friday night (so dumb). I bought 5 .88 and one 3-pack of FRERs... I have two .88 left. Allll BFN. Here's my thought: if I Od on cd17, my period will be here tomorrow. If I Od cd20, period will be here We'd, AND there's no chance I could be pregnant because we didn't successfully have sex. If AF doesn't show tomorrow, I will wait til Wednesday to test. Bah humbug. Starting to feel blah about this TTC process... Not sure why I thought it'd happen so easily. The months have passed pretty quickly, though. We need some BfPs around here, stat!!

Bummer for all of us! I have to remind myself that 9dpo is the latest I could be but I could equally be 8dpo. I'm off to the strore right now and I'm sure another pack of FRERs will end up in my cart. Actually, thinking about trying Answer. They are the same manufacturer and look exactly the same as FRERs, and from what I've read they are the same test.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of Answer. I don't think they're quite the same. I've had evaps with Answer, and I always feel like it takes longer for the dye to clear. My big box store of choice is Target, but I went to a Walmart in search of the .88 tests, and the three pack of FRERs was pretty cheap. I think $12? I feel like they're often $14+

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
Hmmm... I'm not a fan of Answer. I don't think they're quite the same. I've had evaps with Answer, and I always feel like it takes longer for the dye to clear. My big box store of choice is Target, but I went to a Walmart in search of the .88 tests, and the three pack of FRERs was pretty cheap. I think $12? I feel like they're often $14+
As luck would have it I needed to go to walmart this morning. Couldn't decide between FRER and Answer so obviously I bought one of each.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1389549309|3591432 said:
PilsnPinkysMom said:
As luck would have it I needed to go to walmart this morning. Couldn't decide between FRER and Answer so obviously I bought one of each.

Obviously!!! :bigsmile:
Aw man, I missed a lot last night! Well I still feel like I was seeing something in both of your tests so hopefully we get some real undeniable BPFs soon. It's still so early! Good luck AMC, PPM, and RT!!!!

So, question: When do you guys think I should start my OPKs? My cycles are all over the place since pregnancy (I'm still breastfeeding 4x a day) and they were irregular before my pregnancy. I have ovulated anywhere from CD16-28, but also sometimes as late as CD44 and once CD75 :-o So I truly am all over the place. Last cycle I ovulated on CD17 though (and CD 27 the 2 cycles before that!). So it's complicated. The good news is I always get a lot of EWCM before I ovulate so it's not completely unpredictable.
I have a 10 pack of these: http://www.clearblueeasy.com/advanced-digital-ovulation-test.php
Should I wait until I have EWCM before testing? I think this type of test isn't as accurate if you start testing during you LH rise. I think you have to start testing before for a baseline. Does anyone know anything about these?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1389549309|3591432 said:
PilsnPinkysMom said:

bahahha good choice :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Mia- yeah I sorta kinda see something too. Just enough to keep my hopes up.

As far as when to start OPKs, I usually start when I get EWCM or around cd11. And I I around cd 14-15. Except for this very weird cycle, of course.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Amc...I think I see something...just sayin! Hope this is it!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic said:
Amc...I think I see something...just sayin! Hope this is it!

Hi meg!!! Yay :) it's nice to know I'm not crazy. I mean if a few of you can see "something" then that should mean there's something to see, right? Hope it's not a nasty indent.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, RT, and PPM, you guys are still really early, I say wait a few more days then test. But you should totally buy more tests because let's face it, there's no stopping a POAS-addict.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

I know that FRERs are really good in terms of not giving evap lines etc, but I do have to say - and I am being Debbie Downer here just for a sec, sorry! - that on the cycle when we had a "whoops" at O+1, I used FRER to test and I didn't get a LINE as such, more the "absence of nothing" where the second line would go - almost like a shadow. So I would go with LC at the moment and try try TRY to wait another couple of days before testing again because that "is it, isn't it?" is so agonising!

But I really really hope that you get your positives!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Pancake- I know I should wait. I know I know I know. I mean really I should wait until Wednesday or even Thursday. But that just seems really unlikely.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
You know, I think I'm 8 dpo and not 9. I knew I was either or but the more I think about it I'm leaning towards 8. Which means I if course started testing way too early.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Here's my answer test from tonight- held my pee 6 hours (the playoffs were on, it was easyy :bigsmile: ) Lol

_13650.jpg

_13651.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Read on my FF page:

"Summary: Your average luteal phase is on the short side. In this situation we recommend to be conservative on the test date. More..."

...So... That means that testing on 7DPO (potentially 5) isn't a good idea? :cheeky:

RT, I don't see anything in those photos, but it's still very early! I've gotten my hopes up too many times but analyzing too closely and messing with photos' contrast to try and see a line. These days, if it's not clear, I toss the test. Not to say I think you're out- I don't! But i'm jaded when it come to test analysis.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Random, I think that test looks similar to mine. I see something but can't tell what it is.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PPM- for the life of me I can't see why they say that. Unless they mean if you are counting back from your missed AF? Like don't test at 4 days before AF since that wouldn't be very many dpo? Implantation happens around the same time whether the luteal phase is short or long. Weird.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

PPM I am the same, after my one cycle of obsessively testing every day (often more than once) - and this was when we weren't even properly trying - I decided that I would wait for AF to come on the next cycle and test if it didn't arrive, as the repeated testing and negatives and peering at the tests in all sorts of light was kind of wearing. As it was I didn't quite hold out that long, I think I was probably 12DPO when I eventually tested and got my positive last cycle.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AF isn't here today, and I'm not spotting. I don't think my LP is extending... I just think I O'd on CD 20. Feeling a bit crampy, cervix is high and firm. I have to return some diapers to Walmart so I will (of course) pick up one more box of tests and probably use all three before 10PM tonight :rolleyes: I've decided [and please hold me to it] that I am temping next cycle! And from CD 14- CD 21 we're going to BD like nobody's business.

My sis was over the other night and needed to borrow a tampon, and the box is still sitting next to our bed. DH saw them and was like, "Why do you have those?" He seemed bummed that my period had started (though it hadn't, which I explained)... I think he's beginning to feel the way that I am, with the unsettling, "Well, why hasn't it happened yet?" thoughts.

Mia: I forgot to comment earlier on the photo of your DD with all the empty boxes. That's what my bathroom is like right now, and how its been for the last 10 month! I shudder to think about how much $$$ I've spent on tests, especially when we weren't trying and my period hadn't even returned after birth! I guess it's a bit crazy, but really, I think it's just a sign of how very, very, very badly we want to be mamas to another child.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1389627778|3591943 said:
I think he's beginning to feel the way that I am, with the unsettling, "Well, why hasn't it happened yet?" thoughts.

Ditto. I mean I know 3 months of trying is nothing and is way below average, but it seems like forever.

I did a dumb thing. I woke up around 5ish and really had to pee, but I was half asleep, so testing didn't cross my mind. When I woke up for good at 6:30 and tested, I remembered that I had pretty much just gone so I 1) was not getting FMU and 2) had less than a two hour hold.

Anyway, here's my test from this morning. Not seeing much...

1-13.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Good luck ladies. I'm sorry it is taking a little longer for some of you than you'd like (believe, I know all about that), but hopefully, it won't be too much longer (maybe even this month). Anyway, I just wanted to jump in and mention I also had some frustration with FRERs the past few months. My situation was a bit complicated by the fact that I had taken an HCG trigger to time ovulation, so some of my test confusion could be related to lingering HCG from the trigger. However, on every FRER I took, I could totally see where the line would be, and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out if I was seeing the start of a line or if I was just seeing an absence of a line. I even got a bit hopeful because I could see a pinkish line that disappeared as it dried. I think FRERs are great when you actually are pregnant, but when you're not, in my opinion, they suck!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1389631356|3591983 said:
Good luck ladies. I'm sorry it is taking a little longer for some of you than you'd like (believe, I know all about that), but hopefully, it won't be too much longer (maybe even this month). Anyway, I just wanted to jump in and mention I also had some frustration with FRERs the past few months. My situation was a bit complicated by the fact that I had taken an HCG trigger to time ovulation, so some of my test confusion could be related to lingering HCG from the trigger. However, on every FRER I took, I could totally see where the line would be, and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out if I was seeing the start of a line or if I was just seeing an absence of a line. I even got a bit hopeful because I could see a pinkish line that disappeared as it dried. I think FRERs are great when you actually are pregnant, but when you're not, in my opinion, they suck!

:appl: :appl:

What's driving me crazy is last month (and the month before) I maybe had one test that had a "maybe" line. This month it's every test. So either it's a bad run for FRERs (possible from what I've read on other forums) or something is brewing. And of course, I am convinced that if it's a BFN at 9DPO then this cycle is out.

Maybe next cycle we should all make a pact to not test until the day before AF is due. :lol: :lol: :lol:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, I hope you're right that something is "brewing" in your case. I really started to think I was going crazy last month because I also saw "something" on every test I took, but like I said, my results could be affected by the trigger shot, so my situation is different. I'm about 8dpo right now, and I'm really trying not to test until 14dpo (12dpo at a minium) (since I'm also taking progesterone, I can't just wait until AF arrives). I don't think you're out if you don't see a line at 9dpo!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Massive temp drop today, a whole degree. Expecting AF at any time :(

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1389633592|3592010 said:

Boooo :( So sorry to hear this.

monkeyprincess said:
amc, I hope you're right that something is "brewing" in your case. I really started to think I was going crazy last month because I also saw "something" on every test I took, but like I said, my results could be affected by the trigger shot, so my situation is different. I'm about 8dpo right now, and I'm really trying not to test until 14dpo (12dpo at a minium) (since I'm also taking progesterone, I can't just wait until AF arrives). I don't think you're out if you don't see a line at 9dpo!

The good news is my chart looks great. My temp today and yesterday is way higher than my normal LP temps, so I really really am hoping something is brewing.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35b735

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

random_thought|1389633592|3592010 said:
Aw man RT!

Well there's still hope for all of you guys until AF comes.

PPM - It's funny how little comments like that from DHs can be so reassuring that they are right there with you. I try and not think about all the money I've spent on tests. I justify it as a form of entertainment because I think I do get some joy from the what-ifs and the possibility of a pregnancy. But yes it is because even when we weren't trying, a new baby would be a fantastic surprise!

AMC Your chart looks great! Fingers crossed. Well all of your tests do look the same to me. So weird. I hesitate to say something is brewing because the way hormones double, it would be for sure visible by now. So probably just too early. Implantation occurs 6-12dpo so that's a pretty wide range.

AFM, well I decided to just start OPKs today (CD11) I have creamy EWCM that is slimy feeling and somewhat stretchy so I feel like EWCM is around the corner. My first test was such a disaster. I read the directions before going to bed last night because I only have time to pee really quickly before getting DD up when she wakes up. So this morning I did everything wrong! First I peed on the stick before it was in the test (you're supposed to click it in first) and then I put it in the wrong way (so now there is pee on the inside of the test) and then I dumped my cup of pee before realizing I did it wrong and had to use a new test strip. So I waited 2 hours and did it the right way with second morning urine. I hope it was similar enough to be an accurate baseline. I know you aren't supposed to try and read into the lines on digital tests but the lines on both tests looked the same so hopefully they were similar enough. Hoping I ovulate early this cycle so this is easy for me and I don't run out of strips!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mia1181|1389643941|3592117 said:
AMC Your chart looks great! Fingers crossed. Well all of your tests do look the same to me. So weird. I hesitate to say something is brewing because the way hormones double, it would be for sure visible by now. So probably just too early. Implantation occurs 6-12dpo so that's a pretty wide range.

I've thought about that. I'm hoping that if it is a real line then it's just too early. I guess only time will tell.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Holy evap, FRER!!

Eta: this is a days-old test so I am 100000% sure it's an evap!

_13677.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results