shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Didn't test 7dpo, spent all day 7dpo telling myself not to test 8dpo. Still super early, but also in the range of what has turned up BFP on these boards (like April20, the early testing super-enabler).

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I think 9DPO is fair game. 8DPO is pretty rare. I didn't test until 9DPO with T, but I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a positive at 8DPO. Here it was at 9DPO. And yes, this is my way of enabling you :)

_32396.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

ladyciel|1436894474|3902721 said:
Didn't test 7dpo, spent all day 7dpo telling myself not to test 8dpo. Still super early, but also in the range of what has turned up BFP on these boards (like April20, the early testing super-enabler).

I know, I know. I'm super naughty! You should totally test at 8DPO. The only downside to a BFP then is that you feel like you're pregnant FOREVER. Ha ha.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

I feel like someone should be tabulating, y'know, what the distribution of first positive wondfo is, vs first positive FRER. :) I know there's data on mcg required to show up a BFP but I don't really know how variable HCG levels are in the TWW even if there's a bean sticking.

Still, good job lc for having the self control not to PEEONALLTHESTICKS! :Up_to_something: Just one ain't so bad.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a positive wondfo at 9DPO but it was still very faint, the FRER was much darker and might have shown positive the day before...FRER was certainly a much darker line compared to wondfo.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
evergreen said:
I feel like someone should be tabulating, y'know, what the distribution of first positive wondfo is, vs first positive FRER. :) I know there's data on mcg required to show up a BFP but I don't really know how variable HCG levels are in the TWW even if there's a bean sticking. Still, good job lc for having the self control not to PEEONALLTHESTICKS! :Up_to_something: Just one ain't so bad.

This exists! There's data on both Fertility Friend and another testing site...which I can't remember right now.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Hey TTC friends... Just got back from a baby shower where another acquaintance who I didn't know was pregnant showed up (and so she is obviously pregnant). Had a nice glass of celebratory champagne because it's CD1 over here, and now I think I'm going to start temping. I'd like proof that I'm ovulating, although I've had two 28-day cycles so far after the post-IUD withdrawal bleeding, so that's reassuring. (Seriously, I feel so bad for my female reproductive organs, after suppressing them for 16 years now I don't trust them to work properly! Much maligned.)

What's the consensus on best basal body temp devices nowadays? What do you like/not like about yours? Recommendations? Everybody's using Fertility Friend still?

Also, some days I get up at 5 and some days I get up at 7... should I set an alarm for 4:30 to temp and then go back to sleep til the "real" alarm?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IRUUFAU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I found this thermometer to be excellent, very accurate and lights up in the dark. Same time of day is best, I would wake up pop the thermometer in my mouth and go back to sleep no problem. I used FF and was very happy. Some things I had to learn, if I was drinking the night before, my temp would be off, if the room was a drastically different temp, my temp would be off, if I was sick, my temp would be off, etc. I'm glad I tracked bc in the end I found out that even though I only had a 26-27 day cycle I was ovulating on day 15, two days after a positive OPK. After 3 cycles of good timing based on when I actually ovulated we were PG. We had to time very well, hitting O-2 and earlier did not work for us, it had to be O-2 through O day.

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Urg, I'm so over this 2ww nonsense already!
My cycle is not regular so this cycle DH and I BDed every day which could possibly result in a pregnancy with very few exceptions. DH was very keen on this, however after the first couple of weeks, I was much less thrilled about this technique :lol:
My average cycle length would have AF turning up on Tuesday but I will wait until Friday to test if it doesn't show up this week.
Assuming this month is not successful, I think we will be taking a more relaxed approach to TTC. And on the plus side, if I were to get KU on this cycle the due date would be the month before paid perennial leave in my country increases an extra two weeks!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Aww, 4ever, high five and an A for effort! Good luck!

AHL, thanks for the wisdom. Amazon is so sneaky... I look at the bbt thermometer and it's like WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY SOME WONDFOS??? and i'm like, well, yes, kind of a little, yes. So, now I'm getting sticks... :whistle:

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Evergreen, as they go, that's not a bad impulse purchase! Amazon is the master of the add-on sale.

Sometimes it's a little scary how much the internet knows about us. Facebook shows me a lot of pregnancy/ baby stuff. Have I been liking too many friends baby photos? Or is Facebook judging me for being married 3 years and having not produced offspring yet? I read that Facebook did an experiment about whether they could influence people's moods by what they showed in that persons news feed, so, have I really decided I want a baby or is Facebook f***ing with me for sience? :shock: :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Facebook knows what websites you search and what you google, they all do. I use ad block so I don't see the ads anymore. I don't even see the stuff on PS.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I found LH wondfos very helpful so it's not the worst add-on purchase I made from amazon :bigsmile: Temping and wondfos together should give you the best idea on when you're ovulating.

I actually didn't have a good experience with the thermometer AHL linked up. It was a lemon and wouldn't take the temp at all so ended up returning it and got a basic model like this http://www.amazon.com/Fairhaven-Health-Digital-Basal-Thermometer/dp/B0017RZHYY/ref=sr_1_14?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437306348&sr=1-14

I started getting baby and formula coupons again 2 years after DS was born. Guess they were expecting me to follow the populat 2 year spacing :lol:

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1437305520|3904729 said:
Facebook knows what websites you search and what you google, they all do. I use ad block so I don't see the ads anymore. I don't even see the stuff on PS.

Darn it. I thought since I use Facebook through an app rather than a browser it couldn't stalk my web activity...oh well!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Heh, yeah. Google knows so much... I'd used an "in private" Chrome window when I was looking at Amazon for the bbt/Wondfos, and I'm a bit surprised (and pleased?) to see that Amazon didn't retain my which-brand-of-pee-sticks investigation, even though of course I did have to log in to complete the purchase. 95% of my banner ads are for engagement ring companies because of my recreational diamond searching... but Pandora has started playing a "fertility preservation" ad, so, here we go. :???:

BabyM, I'd really just wanted the LH sticks but they often come in combo packs with a smaller number of HCG sticks, so Amazon wins again. :shifty:

When do most people start with the LH sticks: CD7 or so? I saw something somewhere that POASing only once a day may miss the LH surge. If that's the case I might blow through my 40 LH sticks pretty quick... If I did ovulate, I'd be looking for LH pos and then a day or two later the temp surge, right?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I don't want to say I'm worried, more of a mild concern. Since the changes would be maybe 1% or something like that. DH has been out of town, and my best estimate is we hit O-7 or so (not temping right now, but I've charted long enough to know what's going on). On Saturday, I had to run to the bathroom to throw up everything I'd eaten that day. I've been queezy off and on ever since. The only time I ever throw up and feel like that is when I'm pregnant. AF is due Thursday (again, based on the estimate of when I likely O'd). Debating whether or not to test now (12DPOish) or wait and see what happens Thursday.

Evergreen- we cross posted. How long are your cycles? If they are 28 days +, I'd start around CD9. If they are shorter, start earlier.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Evergreen, the wondfo LH sticks come with a chart in the instructions that gives a suggestion of when to start testing based on your cycle length. CD9 for a 28 day cycle sounds about right. My first couple months using them, I tested twice a day to make sure I caught the surge, and the result was discovering my surge doesn't ever show as 100% positive, no matter how many times or at what time of day I test. The surge is obvious since it goes from faint to much darker, but my test line just never gets quite as dark as the control line. I definitely wouldn't have missed the pattern testing only once a day - the line is the same darkness for all 4+ tests over 2 days (often the surge goes up one day, is still + coming down the next). Obviously you can't know it's the same for you until you try, but unless you have a burning curiosity to see for yourself what your pattern is like, one test a day is probably sufficient to catch it. Also, timing between + test and temp rise is different for everybody, but my temp usually rises on the 3rd day after the first + OPK (sometimes the 2nd).

amc, could it be you just caught a bug or a spot of food poisoning? I know if I have an all out disaster like that, no matter the cause, it takes my tummy a few days to feel right again. Given the slim chances from your estimated timing, I'd probably just wait it out until Thurs rather than waste a test. Unless you have a wondo sitting around....then by all means....

My update is I'm 14DPO today and still BFN per a FRER yesterday - didn't test this morning because I'm pretty sure I'm not preg and didn't want to depress myself further. Brown spotting started again on 11DPO, despite the progesterone. I know it COULD be preg-related spotting, and if implantation was 11DPO then it's fair game a FRER wouldnt' pick it up on 13DPO. Buuuuut, I'm figuring it's probably not that - I'm just not feeling that lucky. I feel like my usual pre-AF cranky/depressed/irritable/teary self. I'm not sure what to make of my miraculous spotting-free LP last cycle. The spotting is at least lighter right now than it would be w/o the progesterone, but it's making me feel like last month was a cruel trick. I have two more doses of P (tonight and tomorrow) before I can wait for AF. Once she does I'll contact my doc with an update and revisit our game plan. TTC blows. :blackeye:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

ladyciel|1437426654|3905358 said:
amc, could it be you just caught a bug or a spot of food poisoning? I know if I have an all out disaster like that, no matter the cause, it takes my tummy a few days to feel right again. Given the slim chances from your estimated timing, I'd probably just wait it out until Thurs rather than waste a test. Unless you have a wondo sitting around....then by all means....

Yes, it's totally likely...probably the most likely scenario. I think laziness might win- I'd have to walk about a mile from work to get a test...and it's hot out. So, really, A/C wins.

Although, anyone who knows me on here knows I'm a POAS-addict. So, there's that.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LC, sorry you're feeling down. The negative tests are such downers at times. Are you starting to think about doing a more formal work up with your doc? Hopefully you'll get out of these ttc dumps soon.

Evergreen, the first cycle using wondfos takes some calibration so expect to use more sticks but, if your cycle is regular, subsequent ones should use less. I usually O on CD13-14 and would start wondfos on CD11. Twice a day not to miss the surge. I think that 40 pack lasted 4 or 5 cycles for me.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Aww, amc, glad you're feeling a little better at least! Agree with lc and heeding the siren call of a/c and the odds of conceiving on O-7; if you aren't KU then you'll just be extra grumpy about taking the hot walk & spending the $... but if you are, you'll be just as KU later on when AF doesn't show! Also... you have NO sticks to pee on??? Or just no sticks at work? ;-)

Hugs, lc. :(sad

I've been 28 days x 2 cycles since I started cycling again, so thanks for the CD9 advice! Maybe I'll test once a day starting a day or two earlier just to get a good negative baseline, then go nuts with twice-a-day until I figure out what these look like. Should've gotten the expedited shipping. :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
evergreen said:
Aww, amc, glad you're feeling a little better at least! Agree with lc and heeding the siren call of a/c and the odds of conceiving on O-7; if you aren't KU then you'll just be extra grumpy about taking the hot walk & spending the $... but if you are, you'll be just as KU later on when AF doesn't show! Also... you have NO sticks to pee on??? Or just no sticks at work? ;-) Hugs, lc. :(sad I've been 28 days x 2 cycles since I started cycling again, so thanks for the CD9 advice! Maybe I'll test once a day starting a day or two earlier just to get a good negative baseline, then go nuts with twice-a-day until I figure out what these look like. Should've gotten the expedited shipping. :)

No sticks at all! I used my stash with my last pregnancy and haven't bought any since.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

AHL, back when I introduced myself in this thread you mentioned you started maca during the cycle in which you conceived. I have no idea what sort of internet rabbit-hole I fell down but I bought maca day-before-yesterday. (I think it was from an acne search. Sigh. THAT has become disastrously worse off the Mirena... :oops: )

The People On Google think maca is a magical cure-all (tiredness? not-yet-pregnantness? fuzzy thinking? breakouts? good for all of it!) and at least it doesn't seem to have many risks besides GI upset, so I bought some of the gelatinized kind. How were you taking it? Did you notice anything else besides your BFP, and are you still taking it during the pregnancy?

eta: PS, amc, did you buy any sticks for Thursday? :Up_to_something: <--- POAS enabler

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Between the maca and the royal jelly I definitely had more energy! I discontinued everything as soon as I had my BFP, except for baby aspirin and prenatal/DHA. DH also took the maca. We made it happen! It also came down to the right timing, it's hard to know what did it or if it was just finally the right cycle. I do know that if we decide to go for another baby after this I will just take everything right away. It's worth it to me to know I did whatever I could.

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Still waiting. Symptom spotting. Going crazy. The usual.

DH wants me to wait till next week to test. While he is out tomorrow night I will drive to the supermarket and purchase some pee sticks. :shhh: On Saturday morning while he is making breakfast I will pee on one of those sticks. I prefer to not have him waiting outside the bathroom while I'm testing. It feels like a lot of pressure and regardless of the result I'm gonna need a moment to mentally process the result.

Also if I am KU Friday would be 5 weeks pregnant. I feel that that is enough waiting.

I'm trying not to be too obsessive or too hopeful. It's hard.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

4ever|1437642360|3906409 said:

DH wants me to wait till next week to test. While he is out tomorrow night I will drive to the supermarket and purchase some pee sticks. :shhh: On Saturday morning while he is making breakfast I will pee on one of those sticks. I prefer to not have him waiting outside the bathroom while I'm testing. It feels like a lot of pressure and regardless of the result I'm gonna need a moment to mentally process the result.

Also if I am KU Friday would be 5 weeks pregnant. I feel that that is enough waiting.

Wait, this friday would be 5 weeks? As in AF would be a week late? Or do you have a freakishly long LP?

4ever

Ideal_Rock

amc80 said:

Wait, this friday would be 5 weeks? As in AF would be a week late? Or do you have a freakishly long LP?

Haha, option a) as in 5 weeks since CD1. I don't think a 5 week LP is possible? I just meant waiting even until I'm 'late' is hard work!

I have a spastically irregular cycle. Really, it sucks. Since going off the pill late last year, my shortest cycle has been 23 days and my longest 45 :-o . This is why DH wants me to wait as long as possible to test, even when we weren't trying, every time that I've had a long cycle I've been convinced that I must be pregnant! This is also why we went for the BDAlLTHETIME approach this time round, I'm not charting so I can't be sure of an 'O' date.

April20

Ideal_Rock

4ever|1437720398|3906849 said:
amc80 said:

Haha, option a) as in 5 weeks since CD1. I don't think a 5 week LP is possible? I just meant waiting even until I'm 'late' is hard work!

I have a spastically irregular cycle. Really, it sucks. Since going off the pill late last year, my shortest cycle has been 23 days and my longest 45 :-o . This is why DH wants me to wait as long as possible to test, even when we weren't trying, every time that I've had a long cycle I've been convinced that I must be pregnant! This is also why we went for the BDAlLTHETIME approach this time round, I'm not charting so I can't be sure of an 'O' date.

I admire your self control! I would have peed all over everything by now. :)

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, 4ever, i like your plan. Sometimes it just feels good to prove to ourselves that we can wait! So DH wants to wait even longer? Are you going to tell him either way right after you POAS tomorrow (& have had time to process)? That's tricky, I guess CD35 isn't slam-dunk past the TWW if you've had a 45-day cycle in the past. Hang in there. Fingers crossed and baby dust to you!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Happy Saturday everyone! :bigsmile:

_32688.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That looks like a great line!!! If you can get the clear blue digital test with the weeks estimator, it's pretty good and giving you an actual window, congrats and sticky dust to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results