shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Good luck Bright... so much dust to you!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thwnks for all the thoughts & prayers. Unfortunately, we only saw an empty sac today, so it's another blighted ovum, just like last time. Doc said that, since I seem to be prone to m/c, he is recommending IVF with pgd genetic testing. I haven't done any research on this & my head is spinning. I'm also still so very sad.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Bright. I am so sad to hear this. I really hope you get your forever baby soon. Hugs to you.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Bright I am sending huge hugs and prayers your way...and to DH. I am so sorry... :blackeye:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bright, I am so sorry.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Bright I am just so bummed for you. I was really hoping for good news. What happens now? Do you have to go through the D&C ordeal again? :(( I'll be thinking of you! You will get your sticky sticky bean, I just know it! Tons of hugs girl!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Bright, my hearts aches for you sweetie, you just don't deserve all this. All my love xxx

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Oh Bright i's so sorry hon. I was so hoping that you would be coming back with good news. I can only imagine what you are going through at the moment and what thoughts must be running through your mind. Youa re in all our thoughts and prayers

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

Bright, I am so incredibly sorry to read this news. Huge hugs to you. If and when you are ready to think about the next step, IVF with PGD genetic testing is what I have been (and currently am) going through and I would happy to answer any questions and support you in any way possible. My thoughts will be with you today.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1336707153|3192701 said:
Thwnks for all the thoughts & prayers. Unfortunately, we only saw an empty sac today, so it's another blighted ovum, just like last time. Doc said that, since I seem to be prone to m/c, he is recommending IVF with pgd genetic testing. I haven't done any research on this & my head is spinning. I'm also still so very sad.

Bright, I'm still just so sad for you right now. I'm hope you've got supportive people around you right now to take good care of you. I think you should just take the time you need to grieve right now. When you are ready to try again, you will have plenty of time to think about and research your options. I know it seems so bleak right now, but I really believe that you are going to have your much-desired baby. Your body really wants to be pregnant and you just need a healthy embryo, the baby you are meant to have. Prayers for you my friend. Please know we are here to support you.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I'm so very sorry. It is so hard it is to have losses so close together. Please try to be kind to yourself and take the time you need. I really wish I'd been more forgiving of myself and taken some time away from work and maybe even TTC to recharge instead of just trying to push through it. Big hugs.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I am so so very sorry about your news :(sad I hope you can get something worked out for the future and are able to go through with IVF. Please take care of yourself. We're all thinking of you here.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, no no no, I'm so sorry lady. I know it seems like such a distant thought for you, but you will get through this and you will have a baby. Please take some time to take care of yourself before diving into the IVF information. IVF can be very overwhelming in the beginning (it get's easier once you actually get started) and i think taking that on right now with this news so fresh will be too much. So take a moment, a deep breath, and then figure out your options.

In my situation, I had two losses, then went on to have my DS naturally, with no fertility drugs. Then this second time around had 4 losses before deciding to go the IVF route. The decision depends on just how much you can take really. You'll need to do some soul searching after getting though this and decide what decision is truly best for you. I am here for you and can answer any and all questions when you are ready.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I've been following your journey and just want to tell you that I'm so sorry and to echo everybody else's advice to take as much time as you need. It's so hard to be optimistic when you're in the midst of all of this, but I know you will get your baby and all of this will be a distant memory. Several of my friends have had IVF and they all say the hardest part is getting to the point of accepting it emotionally. I wish you the best!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Many hugs and condolences, Bright. I'm so sorry :(sad

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Hi ladies, where have you all gone?

Mia, are you stll my tww buddy ready to ovulate this week?

Sarah, hope AF has left the building and you are gearing up for this cycle. I hope she has treated you better than last month.

Bright, continuing to think of you and hope you are doing ok.

Tammy, not sure if you still check in, but hi anyway :wavey:

AFM, cd20. I got a positive opk yesterday, so hoping I will O tomorrow, normally it is 2 days after a positive for me. That means that it will be 2 days earlier than the last couple of months which is good.

The pelvic ultrasound was ok. The did both an external and an internal. Doesn't look like I have PCOS which is good. They saw 7 follicles on the left, with a dominant one that side and 5 on the right. I wasn't able to get the measurements and cannot for the life of me read the ultrasound. I am not sure if all the numbers are the diameters of the ovary or the follicle sizes. Endometrial lining was 7mm which from dr google is one the lower side, especially for cd16, so not sure if that is a problem.

The ultrasound tech had a trainee in there doing everything and I overheard some of their conversation and I am positive I heard him say I had a retroverted uterus, but then today when I went to the gp, the report said it was anteverted. Now I am confused and don't know how to lay after BDing.

Anyway, the gp was not interested at all, didn't even look at the ultrasound pics ans said I was still tired and my hair was falling out because my thyroid was probably out of whack and gone high again. Last time it was checked it was 0.15 which is extremely low. Anyway, hopefully this month is all of our months.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Hey MLK Wow! I know nothing about follicles but that sounds promising and pretty neat that you got to see them and a dominant one! Sorry your doc doesn't seem very interested in alleviating your concerns. What about look for a new GP? Good luck catching that O!

AFM- First, something positive- I had my US on my thyroid today and the tech told me that it was a completely normal thyroid! So yay! I was starting to get a little worried after my google research!

Now on to the bad news... TTC is SUCKING so far! Legit! Well all started well, my temps have been my usual Pre-O level and I got some major EWCM on CD 14 (pretty much on time for me) while I was at work. It was a little cloudy in color but the same consistency as per usual. That moment was actually really fun! A rush of emotions flew through me as I was so excited but nervous to start for reals. I couldn't wait to get home! And so DTD marathon began, but the next day I found that while it still seemed like I had EWCM, it was only right at the cervix and a small amount. The EWCM shortage worsened and yesterday I had to admit to myself that the small amount of CM at my cervix was probably more creamy. This is very strange to me because I am used to copious amounts of EWCM for 4-5 days straight before O. I thought maybe my temp would rise this morning and maybe I dried up because I ovulated, but no such luck. :(sad I woke up determined to get Preseed but when I got to Walgreens the OPKs were staring me down and as much as I hate them, I decided to buy some. I bought a pack that came with a sample of Preseed so that I didn't feel too cray cray about TTC purchases. I got the ClearBlue brand with the smiley face instead of the cheaper strips I have tried before. Got to work and negative on the OPK. :(( So here I am, CD18 (I usually ovulate between CD16-19) no EWCM, BFN on OPK, and wondering if I will even ovulate this cycle, or will I be really late? WHY NOW? After four fairly textbook cycles! I don't even think I am in the fertile window now at CD 18, so this could be a very very late ovulation.

So questions:

1. Does DTD a lot decrease your EWCM? I used to have tons of it so I find it hard to believe my body is just over producing it...
2. Now that the OPK is negative should I even bother DTD tonight? I really don't want to waste DH's time.
3. Should I try the OPK again later today? I know with the cheap strips I used to use I would get different readings if I tested more than once a day, but the instructions on these say to wait another day. Plus these are way more expensive!

I know this thread is pretty much dead these days but I'd love any input from lurkers! Thanks!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mia, quick reply - I would try to DTD on the day of and day after positive OPK. Ideally you would get in the day before too. If I were you I would take another OPK today - supposedly they are more accurate at mid-end of day. Besides, your surge could be shorter than 24 hours and you can miss it if you test once per day. I would also DTD today on the off chance that you just missed your surge.

..and great news that your thyroid is normal! :appl:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Mia,

Don't be discouraged yet! You very well may have O'd and just take a little bit to get a temp rise. If you don't have a temp rise by tomorrow then I'd just try to BD every other day and try to relax. I know, I know. Easier said than done. Being anxious about it and over checking can throw CM off whack (guilty as charged, especially that first month..I was up there so much that I gave myself a yeast infection... :rolleyes: ).

I sorry my reply is brief and I can't update with everyone, I'm restricted at work now so I only get a brief few minutes to post and read anymore through the day while I'm on my breaks. :| I'm sorry you didn't get more from your U/S! I just got my results and posted them on the 6+ mo thread and they were able to measure my dominant folly. I ended up getting quite lucky with my U/S timing because I ovulated within 12ish hrs after my scan. Not sure if it does me any good, but at least I have a freebie baseline for O day re: lining and folly size, even though I have no idea what's "good" vs "bad". :rolleyes:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. Drive by to let you know I'm still here. It's been rough (mothers day weekend was especially painful) but at least I've been busy. I stopped the progesterone on Wednesday of last week & nothing has happened. I guess I'm going to do the misoprostol pills tomorrow & hope they work this time as I really don't want to end up with another d&c. 

Lizzy & jen, thanks so much for your input. If/when we get closer to ivf time, I'd love to pick your brains. I'm vacillating between the idea of giving iui another shot, maybe with femara because it's covered by our insurance or going right to ivf. I don't know how I could deal with yet another m/c but spending $15-20k
on something that isn't a sure thing is very stressful to me. I don't even play slot machines!

Anyway, sorry for the all about me post. I'll write more to everyone tomorrow but just wanted to check in. Thinking of you all. 

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Quick flyby before I have to head to work!

Bright So glad to hear from you! Take care of yourself! I hope you get to avoid the D&C this time. Hugs!

AFM, well ten minutes after I posted yesterday I tested again and got neg on the OPK but I noticed my cervix was soft and open wide and EWCM came back! The bad news is that we couldn't DTD last night. My temp is still down but I just tested and got a positive on the OPK. So do you think it's too late to DTD tonight? I mean we will just in case, but I hope I have a chance this cycle. I decided we won't DTD tomorrow even if my temp hasn't risen, I'm exhausted from it! Thanks so much Tammy and Pupp for your help!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Hi Bright, I was happy to see that you posted. I thought about you this past weekend and how hard the timing of all of this must be. Really hoping that your body will take care of things naturally so you don't have to do another D&C this time. I'll be thinking of you these next few days. And I totally understand what you are saying about the idea of spending all of the money on fertility treatments when there is no guarantee they will work. I understand that IVF probably gives you the best chance of insuring that you have a healthy embryo, but, like you, I would also be tempted to look into another IUI cycle with different meds or an increased dosage of clomid. Each of the two cycles you tried it, you only ended up with one follicle, but both times, the egg fertilized and implanted. It seems like if you have more follicles, you will have a much higher chance that at least one of them will create a healthy embryo. All that is to say, that I really think you are going to have success, and all of this struggling will have a purpose. Big hugs to you.

Tammy, I saw your results. Unfortunately, the only ultrasounds I ever had were with clomid cycles, so I really don't have any experience as to what numbers you are looking for on an unmedicated cycle. But from my lay view, nothing stands out to me as being a problem. I think you have an OB/GYN appointment coming up, right? Hopefully that will bring more answers. What I'm really hoping is that that appointment is unnecessary!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I agree with MP's advice. I wanted to wait to hear from you to see what you were thinking regarding going to IVF now or not. In your shoes, I would opt for another iui but with a higher dosage of Clomid, like mp said. I would aim for 2-3 leading follicles, not 1 like previous. Did you use a trigger before? I would also consider that if not. I think you will have a better chance of one embryo sticking this way. Certainly, I believe in IVF however I just feel giving iui one more shot with a higher dosage would be worth a try before moving onto the very expensive IVF option. Thinking of you lots lady.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Bright, I am so sorry to hear this news. I have no advice on the IVF, but what Lizzy said sounds really reasonable to me. I know nothing I can say can help alleviate what you're going through so I'll just say that you are much loved here and have lots and lots of people wishing/praying/hoping for you and a happy ending. I'm thinking of you and hope this next awful stage passes quickly. Hugs.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. Sorry for being MIA & very me centered lately. I've been checking on everyone but just haven't had the energy to post. 
So the latest in my saga is that I took the misoprostol today to induce m/c, then found out my SIL is in labor & will probably have her baby today. Just feels like yet another indignity. I really hope this baby's birthday isn't always a reminder to me of this m/c. The upshot, I suppose, is that the med seems like it might actually work this time. I guess the best I can hope for now is to avoid another d&c. 
I'm still not sure about another iui vs IVF. I didn't ask my doc during our last appointment but I think I want to have another conversation with him before we move forward. And if we're doing another iui, I'm also not sure if a higher clomid dose or moving to femara would be better. I'd like a few more targets this time & femara usually only produces one, but I've heard it can work well, especially for thin pcos patients & produce a better egg. I guess we still have time to make that decision but having your thoughts really helps. 

Mp, yeah, it was a rough mothers day with our news. Thanks for your post. Those are my thoughts exactly.  That said, there are times I just want to give it our best shot ASAP so I can move on with my life in either direction. This ttc thing is becoming unbearable for me. 

Lizzy, thank you so much for your post. I've been thinking about you a lot during this journey & wondering what you'd do in my shoes.  Did your doc ever figure out what was causing your miscarriages? As I recall, you didn't do genetic testing with your IVF, right? On one hand, the IVF does seem like the smartest move re: protecting our emotions & giving us the best shot of having a baby, but the financial risk is so scary. 

China, thank you.  Having you lovely ladies here for support is such a huge help to me. Hugs to you too. 

Mia, yay for a positive opk! If you can dtd tonight, I would.  Maybe tomorrow morning too if you're up for it. If not, no worries. The swimmers can live for 5-ish days in there. Wishing you luck!

Mlk, great news on the u/s & hooray that you don't have pcos. That's wonderful. My Re says anything above 7 is good & it will thicken during your lp. I really believe acupuncture improved my lining. Don't know if you're interested in trying that or not. Hoping you have luck this month too. 

Tammy, I've only had clomid monitoring u/s too, so am not 100% sure what to look for in an unmediated cycle, but your results look good to me. I don't know about the enlarged uterus, but could that be because you had 2 children? The lining & follie look good. Hoping this is it for you!

NEL, thanks for your post. I hope your friends had success with IVF. It's definitely a tough time. I just hope we do emerge on the other side eventually. 

Ppm & missy, jgator, sarah & haven, thanks so much. 

Haven, (or anyone else), any good book recommendations? I'd love some escapism right now but am having a hard time finding a book I can't put down at the moment. 

Enbc, yeah I have the tendency to try to push through as well but am going to try to look after myself much as I can, even if it means being there a bit less for others for a little while. I have a hard time saying no to things, but it's probably my best shot at healing now. 

Jen, thanks so much for your offer to talk about ivf/pgd with me. I will probably compile a big list of questions for you soon (if you don't mind) once I wrap my brain around things. Just need to get through the current situation first, though. 

Hi to anyone I missed. 

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright -- I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I just saw that you're looking for a book to get into and wanted to suggest Sue Grafton's alphabet series. They are my current "escape" books. Interesting enough to keep me reading, but no really serious subjects to overwhelm me when I'm exhausted. (plus with a whole series, all I have to do is buy the next in line!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bright--I have eclectic reading taste, so I'm not sure any of these will be unputdownable to you, but here's my list of books that really sucked me in:
ONE DAY by David Nicholls
A CURSE DARK AS GOLD by Elizabeth C. Bunce (A retelling of Rumplestiltskin, YA book, really beautiful)
The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (True Blood is based off of these, so lots of supernatural stuff, sex, etc.)
SNOW FLOWER AND THE SECRET FAN by Lisa See
DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD by Rebecca Wells
THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman (It's just like the movie but better, because it's a book!)

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, still thinking of you. I hope you are starting to heal a little.

As for books, if you're into fantasy, the Game of Thrones series are excellent. They are long, drawn out, and sometimes they make you really angry, but they are very good. There's 6 books so far, and all us fans are(not so) patiently waiting for the 7th and last book. These will take you a while to read, they are huge books and very detailed. I really looked forward to reading them every night, even though parts can get tedious. It's a whole world that George R.R. Martin created.

I also really liked the Overlander series. It's another fantasy series, and it's YA, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. I'd like to read it again. At first I didn't think I could make it through the whole thing because there's a lot of talking animals, but it ends up working out just fine.

I like Haven's suggestion of the Princess Bride as well. That story, in book or movie form, is one of my all time favorites.

I also really liked the Chronicles of Narnia. While sad in parts, the stories made me happy.

And of course, the old standby, Harry Potter. :D These always make me happy.

I really like reading book series, because it makes me feel like I don't have to let go right away.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Ladies that are using FertilityFriend... my free "special VIP membership" trial is over in 8 days. Is it free after that to have just a basic program, or do I need to purchase to continue using the calendar and tracker?

Thanks

Oh, and I'm sorry I disappeared for a month. We are holding off on TTC for another month, but I have just been getting everything in gear. I am am in my second cycle of tracking and making sure we have everything lined up. We are getting excited and are having a hard time not just trying this time, but I have a trip in about 3 weeks, and would absolutely hate to end up with morning sickness or bloat, etc.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Meresal, :wavey: . FF will still tell you O day based on temps/opks but your chart just won't be as easy to read at a glance (it won't tell you how many DPO you are). If you don't plan to symptom stalk or care about your pregnancy *score* (what a joke!) then I say don't pay for the VIP membership.

Have fun on your trip!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results