shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Jen, where are in the IVF process now? Any updates?

Indecisive, do you have PCOS? I thought metformin was for PCOS. I have had success with Clomid in getting 3 good follicles 3 months in a row with really no side effects - possibly some acne but not sure if it's from the Clomid or the Trigger shot Ovidrel.

Firecracker, glad to hear your HSG went well. And, I hope you are able to catch an egg during your fertile window!

Prana, hi, :wavey: we miss you. Hope you are hanging in there and get your BFP soon.

Lizzy, glad to hear everything is going well for you in your pregnancy.

Bright, glad you are having such a nice time. My trip was relaxing but weather was not up to par - we had a cold rainy beach weekend in the Southeast US.

MP, good luck tomorrow on your ultrasound. I am cheering for you to see that heart beat!

enbcfsobe, sorry to hear about your friends news being upsetting to you. My sister has had 5 kids and I think only the 1st two were really planned so it's frustrating for me too. Sometimes, I think I'll just take one of hers - she won't notice!

Tammy, thanks for asking about the TWW. I am hanging in there. The trip to the beach helped make it seem shorter this time. I hope you caught your egg this time around.

MLK, that sounds like a good TSH level to me. Let us know what the Endo says.

Dandi, 1 week left your in the TWW! Halfway there! I am either 10 or 11 DPO and I am going in on Friday for a blood test at the RE. I am going to try to hold out till then to test.

AFM, back from 4 cold days at the beach. We did have some great seafood and enjoyed some walks on the beach. Overall, it was relaxing even though the weather was not great. I go in on Friday for a beta blood test and progesterone test. I haven't had any symptoms really other than some gas, so we'll see if that means anything or not. I'm very hopeful, but trying not to be too optimistic. I may try to hold out to test till Friday. I only have one pink wondfo HPT test left from last cycle, and then 4 CBE digitals. I have a ton of OPKs. Can I use those? I should just wait as it's early anyway....to test or not to test???? :naughty:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

JGator|1329928354|3131694 said:
I should just wait as it's early anyway....to test or not to test???? :naughty:

TEST!!!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

JGator, If you were having any symptoms, different feelings than any other cycle, then I would test! Good luck!

Dandi, I can only imagine how relieved you feel and to have got the good news just in time to catch the egg was the icing on the cake. Only a few more days to go until you can start testing.....

AFM, the endo called me back and said that he is not concerned with my TSH of 0.38. He didn't seem too happy that I called so I didn't push my luck by asking him about TTC since he had already told me to wait until I see him. I however did some research and it seems that a TSH just below or at the bottom end of the reference range (0.3 - 3 in US and 0.4 - 4.5 here in Aus) seemed to be perfectly fine for pregnancy and perhaps even better. A study I found said that TSH's below 1.5 had a much better result than between 1.5-3 for miscarriages.

Anyway so I guess that means I am in this cycle!!!! :appl: I had a session with my acupuncturist yesterday and she has given me some herbal tea to drink to help things and opened up my central line? to allow for conception. I then have another appointment in 10 days, which if going by my last cycle may be O day. She said she can do some more things then to improve my chances. Hopefully I don't O before then. Anyway, that will be 2 days before my appointment with the endo, so hopefully if my intuition is right. Anyway, I understand there is only a very small chance of it happening in the first month, so all this worrying may be for nothing.

So if its CD8 today and I o'd last cycle on CD17/18, when should I start to BD? I was thinking every second day from CD11 and then every day once I get EW or wet CM (or if I don't get it, then from CD14) until my temps go up? I am a complete novice here, so any advice is appreciated.

So glad to be officially and finally joining you all on this journey. :D

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mlk|1329947540|3131902 said:
I however did some research and it seems that a TSH just below or at the bottom end of the reference range (0.3 - 3 in US and 0.4 - 4.5 here in Aus) seemed to be perfectly fine for pregnancy and perhaps even better. A study I found said that TSH's below 1.5 had a much better result than between 1.5-3 for miscarriages.

Not sure if this helps, but my TSH was either 3.4 or 3.8 (don't have it in front of me) and I had no problems getting pregnant. Interesting findings about the mid-range levels and miscarriages!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Thanks amc. Great to hear you were able to conceive easily with a TSH over 3. The endo said he wanted mine below 2.5, but everything I have read syays the optimal TSH is between 1-2. I just hope mine doesn't drop even further though. It is amazing how everyone's body is different and functions on different levels. I guess that is why so many doctors have such different opinions on TSH levels. My GP was so worried I was hyper and was going to get heart palpitations, but she was using the old scale which is so prevalent here in Australia. Good luck with your pregnancy amc.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mlk|1329950669|3131944 said:
Thanks amc. Great to hear you were able to conceive easily with a TSH over 3. The endo said he wanted mine below 2.5, but everything I have read syays the optimal TSH is between 1-2. I just hope mine doesn't drop even further though. It is amazing how everyone's body is different and functions on different levels. I guess that is why so many doctors have such different opinions on TSH levels. My GP was so worried I was hyper and was going to get heart palpitations, but she was using the old scale which is so prevalent here in Australia. Good luck with your pregnancy amc.

Thank you :)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, you pushed me over the edge with your encouragement to test. What do you think? I see something faint there that looks like my BFP from August.

bfp_022212.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

JGator|1329952069|3131961 said:
AMC, you pushed me over the edge with your encouragement to test. What do you think? I see something faint there that looks like my BFP from August.

That looks positive to me!!! I see a line, and it's pink. Do you have a FRER??

mlk

Shiny_Rock

JGator, I definately see a line. So exciting. Congratulations! Now we need more tests so we can bask in your glory...

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the extra set of eyes AMC and MLK. I am out of the wondfos now. I have some CBE digitals though. I think I'll test again tomorrow and then hold out for the blood test on Friday.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

JGator|1329952537|3131968 said:
Thanks for the extra set of eyes AMC and MLK. I am out of the wondfos now. I have some CBE digitals though. I think I'll test again tomorrow and then hold out for the blood test on Friday.

You are strong. I'd be going to the store right now to buy some FRERs!!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

JGator, you have way more self control than I ever would. I think you can take comfort that there is clearly a line there. And from what I have heard (although with no personal experience), a line however faint is a line. Woohoo! :appl:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

JGator - I see a fait line too. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

mlk - you have to keep in mind that normal ranges very from different guidelines (for example I have a different set of normals than the pediatric endo doc I refer my patients to) and lab to lab. Are you going to start trying without the all clear from your doc? I think your doctor will be much more upset at you if you started trying when he told you not to vs asking him on the phone. It is hard to say when you will O, as your thyroid levels can affect that. If I was in your situation (and I had the all clear), I would probably start using OPKs around cycle day 10-11?? Than you would have an idea on when to start trying. You may ovulate the same time you did last month, but you may not.

Prana - miss you, hope you graduate from here too, and graduate for good!

MP - hope you are keeping yourself busy, I am sure Friday cannot come fast enough for you.

tammy - I am probably going to be doing the TWW with you, we will see.

enbcfsobe - I know it can be hard when something comes easily to other people, but everyone has their own journey. I don't think I have met anyone who has had at least one major challenge with their life plan, it is just different for different people. If she is making you feel worse, than some distance may be good, but if you have been friends that long hopefully there will be a time in the future you can reconnect.

BrightSpot - hope your are enjoying the beach

AFM - so I just confronted the office for not calling about ANY of my results, the nurse did not have much of a reason why they are not calling but did give my results. My labs are all normal. The radiologist read my HSG as normal, but the REI doc put on the read that he disagreed and that the "right tube appears blocked." Got to love it when you got two docs that come to a different conclusion on the same study :sick:. Since I saw the study, and have an idea of how to read them, I am going to throw my opinion in there and agree with the REI doc and say my right tube is at least partially blocked. They won't tell me the plan, I have to drive back to San Antonio to hear that. So I need to figure that out with my own clinic staff. As I said before, I know I ovulated from the right ovary last cycle, so my guess is that there is a pretty high probability I will O from the left tube either this cycle or next cycle. I also have a conference in March, so if I need a medical intervention that requires coming in daily for USs and stuff, the earliest I could do that would be April. I can't say much until I know the plan. I am CD11 and my OPK was neg, and temps still low. Hopefully I will enter the fertile window soon!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

LtlF, sprry to hear about your conflicting results, but hopefully the HSG cleared out the right tube anyway.

Thanks for your advice. I think I am going to try without the all clear anyway. The endo is an elderly man, and quite stern, so I didn't feel comfortable talking to him about it yesterday when he called becuase he actually seemed quite bothered by me calling. The problem is that I will likely ovulate 2-3 days before I see the endo again. He said that there was absolutely nothing to worry about with my TSH at 0.38, just didn't mention TTC. I was not planning on telling him anything when I do see him as I think all he will do is keep my thyroxine the same or lower it a bit. My FT3 and FT4 are both in range too. I am just so torn as I just can't face losing another cycle.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

JGator that's a definite line my dear! Congratulations! :bigsmile: I don't know if a digi will show up by tomorrow since the line is pretty faint, so IF tomorrow's digi is negative I would suggest a FRER. Good luck!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator, faint? :lol: That is one clear line! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Sending loads of sticky dust your way!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations JGator! Looks pretty clear to me sister! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!! OH you are so strong, it's nearly midnight here and I'd be racing out to get more tests!!!

Sticky sticky sticky sticky stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicky dust!!!!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

WOOOOO! JGator - you are PREGNANT! CONGRATS LADY! That is a definite line if I've ever seen one! Yayayayyayay! :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Firecracker, I'm glad your labs are normal and hopefully your tube is clear now with help from the HSG. Hopefully, you won't need to worry about treatment in March and you will get KU'ed this cycle. With my RE, I go in a few times a month for blood work and ultrasounds - definitely not daily, but I understand that multiple trips/month would totally not be convenient for you with such a long drive.

Good luck to you mlk! The TTC Adventure begins!

Tammy, thanks for the well wishes and for your warning on the digi. I set my expectations low to see anything again today.

Puppmom, thanks for your cheers. BTW, your son is absolutely adorable. Love his cheeks!

Thanks, Lizzy! Hope all is well with you!

Dandi, I held out all night and tested this AM with FMU as yesterday's wondfo was from the afternoon. Thanks for the sticky dust - I need it!

Hi, Meg! Thanks for the well wishes.

MP, let us know how your ultrasound goes today. I am sending positive sticky vibes to you, my dear.

AFM, I took another test this AM. Gotta love the word Pregnant! I am cautiously optimistic as I had a chemical in late December and the 10 week loss in October. Hoping this one is here to stay. So, my current plan is to get a beta and progesterone test tomorrow AM at the RE. I should have the results tomorrow afternoon. I will keep you all posted. And, thanks so much for your positive comments. It is nice to share this with you all since DH is the only other person who knows! DH still says "Hi" to the triplets and tells them to stay in there!

poas_022312.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations, JGator!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Tons of sticky dust to your little baby!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isn't it lovely to see it in words instead of just two lines? Congrats again, JGator!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

JGator -- congrats!!! good sign that the digital picked it up -- i've also read that they're much less sensitive. fingers crossed for only good news from here on out. totally understand the cautiousness, but here's hoping for the best!

LtlF -- i can't stand that doctor's offices don't call you with results. grrr!! so sorry the geography is making things that much more aggravating. hopefully the hsg cleared things out a bit on the right. i'm not sure about alternating sides for O -- i thought that was myth? but hopefully for you it will happen this month!

Hi to everyone else and hope you're having a good week!

AFM trying to hold out on testing until at least monday (today is theoretically CD24/9 or 10 DPO). Seems unlikely right after the m/c, but who knows. Trying not to think to much about it, and failing miserably.
Thanks all for the support -- i'm sure i'll figure things out with my friend, its just been bothering me being both jealous of the ease of things for her and also disappointed that she's not very good at talking about what's going on with me in a supportive way (especially since if she could be a better support i'd be way less annoyed at her success!!). Luckily my sister and i are super close and she's been going through her own set of disappointments that are out of her control, so we've been leaning on each other a lot. DH is also awesome. So i count myself lucky and figure this is just one of those times that we've grown a bit apart as friends and eventually we'll reconnect.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

JGator, YAY, YAY, YAY! I'm so happy for you. That was a nice line for so early, so I'm thinking you're going to be pleased with your betas tomorrow! Sticky, sticky dust headed your way!

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for those of you in the 2WW!

AFM, I saw a heartbeat at the ultrasound today. Baby was measuring a few days behind, so I'm slightly concerned, but just hoping it was a late implanter. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MP, I thought your ultrasound was tomorrow. So glad that you saw the heartbeat! I wouldn't be concerned about measuring a few days behind. Those beans are so dang tiny that I would imagine that's within margin of error.

ETA - at my dating scan, I measured EXACTLY based on my LMP but was charting and know for sure that I ovulated on day 11 or 12.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Puppmom, I had to move the ultrasound up due to a work conflict tomorrow. Baby was measuring at 6 weeks 2 days, and I'm 6 weeks 6 days based on the timing of my IUI. The tech didn't seem concerned and said measurements could have been off by a day or two. Trying not to worry about that for now and just be thankful for seeing that tiny little heartbeat!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah for a Heart Beat, MP!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Woo Hoo! I am thrilled for you and your DH. Try not to worry too much! They say the odds are greatly in your favor after you have seen a heart beat.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Jgator - !!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Congrats to you! So exciting!!!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Woohoo! This thread is full of awesome updates and good news today. I love it!!! Congrats JGator on the digi BFP!

MP, I'm SO happy to hear that you saw the heartbeat today, hurray!!! :bigsmile: I agree w/others that have said that early dating is VERY easy to be off on by a few days and even if it's right that would absolutely explain why your early betas were lower. Enjoy it my friend, you're really truly pregnant. There's a little tiny baby heart fluttering away inside of YOU! :halo:

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

OMG, JGator this is so exciting!!! Sending you tons of sticky dust! Looking forward to hearing your beta tomorrow.

MP, YAY for hearing the heartbeat! That must have been so wonderful. So nice to see this good news on the thread. I know you're still feeling cautious and my thoughts are with you that your little guy (or gal!) keeps growing strong and healthy. Thanks for understanding about the anxiety. It's exactly true the stakes just do feel high. But, I've actually been feeling better over the last few days. Maybe the long weekend had left me with too much time on my hands.

Ltl - You're wise to stay away from the internet and exactly right. Truthfully I have done just that since my last post and have felt much better and less anxious. How annoying that there are conflicting reports on the HSG. Like JGator said, sending dust that you get knocked up this cycle and don't have to worry about timing!

lizzy - thanks for checking in, it's good to see you in here... you're kind of my "inspiration" in this whole IVF process! It's funny, overall I have also been quite hopeful in this, but last weekend brought on quite a bit of anxiety for me. Just not knowing for sure how my body will respond, how many embryos we'll get, how many will make it to blast, etc... But now I'm feeling more at peace and just ready to get it started! Thank you for your kind words, your post really made me smile. :))

Bright - So good to see you relaxing and enjoying yourself!

enbcfsobe - I completely laughed out loud when I read your comments on the signatures on the fertility forums - Honestly, that was the part that through me over the edge, not the specifics of what anyone was posting. That's tough the situation your in with your friend. It is a tough situation, because it's not like you want anyone to truly be able to emphasize, because that would mean they're struggling too, but then when they try to you cant help but think that they can't understand. It is a tough spot. A (pregnant) friend at dinner last night who doesn't know I'm in the IVF process and assumes my husband and I are still trying on our own told me to "just relax and it will happen." um, sure. Even if we were still trying on our own that would be terrible advice.

tammy - I hope this is your month!

Mlk - Glad everything checked out with your endo. When my RE first ran bloodwork my TSH was 2.6... they put me on a low dose of synthroid b/c they said they liked to see below 2. A month later it was 1.4. They plan to keep me on the synthroid through the whole process. At any rate, glad to hear you're officially good to go!

Dandi - When are you going to test?

AFM, I've been feeling much better and less anxious. I've been busy and staying away from the internet so that's helped. It's actually funny because a couple of things have happened this week that should have heightened my anxiety if anything. The first is that we signed off on all our million consent forms, which basically guarantee to you that the process won't work, or your baby will be messed up if it does, or there will most certainly be a power outage in the lab will will cause you to lose all your embryos. Ok, obviously tongue and cheek but they really got detailed and thorough on those forms! We are also doing testing on the embryos (to make sure they are chromosomally sound) so that brings its own batch of consent forms and a healthy out-of-pocket check. That was a decision that was really difficult to decide on but we finally did so now I am only looking forward on it.

The second big news is that I picked up all my medicine at the medical pharmacy, and holy cow is it a lot! They gave me everything I will need for the stimulation, pre-retrieval, & post-retrieval so it's a whole bucket of fun. But I feel happy to have it all in one place now and ready to go. The pharmacy is actually giving me a free lesson tomorrow on the injecting and mixing. Lizzy, glad to hear you found it to be so easy. I'm sure once I see it once it will be.

So, this saturday morning I go in for bloodwork and an ultrasound and assuming everything checks out I will be starting my first injections that night. Woo-hoo, let's get this thing started!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results