shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi enbcfsobe, Lizzy here! If you have any questions, fire away! I am sorry for your losses and I know the feeling of not having an "answer" as to why it is happening. I have no problem getting pregnant, but would end up losing them around 5-6 weeks along. I had two losses before getting pregnant naturally (no fertility treatments) with my son in 2009. While TTC for #2, I had four losses, then finally went on to get pregnant via the first shot on IVF. I am 16 weeks today! Every test under the sun was run on me, with absolutely no answers. I know it is hard to accept that sometimes miscarriages are just unexplained. Doesn't seem right does it? I know the feeling. For me, I couldn't understand why IVF would work for me you know? I mean I get pregnant, why do I need IVF? But the RE explained it to me that the benefit is that they get to watch those embryos for up to 5 days, and choose the strongest and most viable embryo to implant back in me. She said that a lot of time, just that embryo selection process is enough to sustain a pregnancy. So many things could have been off in the previous pregnancies. My DH's SA came back fine and my Clomid Challenge egg reserve test came back fine, but there could be something wrong with the combination of the two thus leading to my egg to implant but stop growing. I think for me it came down to - how many more losses can I endure before moving onto IVF? after the fourth, it was time to move on for me. You just have to dig deep and see what your limits are. I never thought in a million years I would have to do IVF. But it wasn't that bad and here I am with a healthy pregnancy at 16 weeks! Good luck! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MP, thinking of you. Keep us posted. I am really hoping for positive beta news.

Bright, hope you are feeling better with the new medicine. You just can't get a break can you? Hugs to you. And, don't feel guilty about your new bling. I think you deserve it! I've been eyeing the shared prong eternity bands.... :love:

Enbcfsobe, hi, sounds like we have some things in common. I hate needles too, and I'm coming up on a year TTC. I agree with Lizzie that the REs getting to look at the embryos for a few days and pick the strongest ones to implant has to increase the odds significantly. Of course, you are younger than me, and I suspect I have some geezer eggs. We'll see how this cycle goes, as this will be our 3rd round of Clomid/Triger plus timed intercourse. I am not sure that IUI will improve my situation as I did get pregnant twice - one MC at 10 weeks and a chemical in December. Trying to stay positive though and not think too far ahead.

Tammy, sounds like you are in a great place. Last year, in the first several months of trying, I always had something where I told myself - well, if I don't get pregnant, then it's okay as I'll be able to have fun on particular upcoming trips or events..like 2 girls weekend trips, dinners out, etc. I would have preferred the BFP too, but I hear you on looking for the silver lining. Your port and chocolate tasting sounds great. Have fun!

Dandi, hope your results are good for your colposcopy and biopsy. I can't imagine having a colleague do one of those procedures on me...of course, I'm in IT so that would never happen!

AFM, I had my bloodwork and ultrasound this AM. There were 3 follies on the left side (20, 22, and 23) so those are larger than I have had previously. Also, my lining is 14. I never got a score on that previously, so I'll have to look that up, but the nurse it's great. The nurse said I will likely trigger tonight as thinks things look great on the left - not much happening on the right. Will get the blood results and official confirmation of trigger this afternoon and then timed intercourse is on the agenda for the weekend.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Well you guys, I'm completely shocked. Just got a call that my beta was 1400! I was so convinced it was over that I really don't even know what to think right now. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks. Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support. It means so much to me!

JGator, yay for awesome follicles! Sounds like your body is really ready to go. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

Dandi, I'm glad that your preliminary news was good. Hoping you are using OPKs very soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1328893323|3123249 said:
Well you guys, I'm completely shocked. Just got a call that my beta was 1400! I was so convinced it was over that I really don't even know what to think right now. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks. Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support. It means so much to me!

Yayayayayayaya!!! So happy for you!!! Now you can officially join us in JBP!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monkeyprincess|1328893323|3123249 said:

Woot! Woot! What a way to start the weekend! I'm so so so so so so happy for you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Keep the good news coming ladies! I love it!

ETA - Monkey, no more POAS for you! :naughty:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

MONKEY- You're PREGNANT! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Say it out loud, girl, you are KTFU! Happy happy happy day. Wishing you a wonderful and non-eventful and healthy 9 (10) months!!!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

MP - I could just cry from excitement for you right now!!!!!! Awesome news. I love it. So happy for you!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: MP I'm SO freaking excited for you!! :bigsmile: See, I told you that one of us had to graduate that cycle! ;)) So happy!!!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

Wonderful news MP! If you look at my posts on the JBP thread I was constantly worried about the lines seeming to fade! I made myself a nervous wreck. My advice would be to distract yourself like crazy until the next appointment. Try not to test, or worry about the lines or symptoms! They will drive you insane and cause unneeded stress. I'm now 20 weeks along and everything has been relatively smooth, so the worry has been for nothing. Congrats and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :appl: :appl:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

MP, I am so thrilled for you! I'm sorry it's been such a rollercoaster to this point, hopefully this just means you will have a smooth pregnancy the rest of the way! Congratulations lady! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock

YAY, MP!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so so happy for you!!!! :appl: :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Friday, MP!!! Amazing news!!! I'm elated for you and your DH. Enjoy the great news! And, I am sending happy and healthy sticky wishes your way!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Wooooooo! I knew it MP, I just knew this was going to be good news for you! I'm so happy for you and your DH! Thinking sticky beanut thoughts for you! Enjoy the new and enjoy your weekend - you preggo lady!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

EEeeeeeeeEEE! HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so happy for you, MP!! You must have wanted to jump through the roof in excitement when you heard. I can't wait to read about your journey in the coming months!

And as always, I'm rooting for all of the TTCers. I know some roads are much bumpier than others, but when somebody who's been trying for a long time finally gets good news it's always a great reminder that we all get our babies one way or another.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Ahh, thank you all so very much! I'm still in disbelief, but really trying to let myself enjoy the news for at least today before I start worrying about something else. :D So thankful for this little blessing growing inside of me and praying that he or she is growing stronger every day. I'll also be praying even harder that all my PS TTC'er friends will get similar news very soon!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

I just have a sec, but wanted to pop on to say...

Congrats MP!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so thrilled to hear your wonderful news! I hope you can celebrate tonight in the joy that you're finally ktfu, lady! So happy for you.

Hi to everyone else. More later. :wavey:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

So glad you got such good news, MP!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

MP, yay yay yay!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So happy for you my friend!!!! Now stop peeing on sticks and just enjoy it! Awesome beta!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MP, Soooooooooooooooo happy to read your happy news!!!!!! :appl: :appl: May the rest of your pregnancy be easy! It really is such a special time so enjoy every minute of it! Looking forward to following along!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Yay MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: I think I might cry in my office! This is wonderful!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

Oh MP, what a wonderful way to end the week!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi again & happy Friday to everyone! Just stopping in with a proper post.

MP...just so thrilled for you I could cry. :appl: And I'm very glad it doesn't look like you're following in my footsteps this month. Maybe next time I could follow in yours! (Preferably without the lab errors & early uncertainty.)
And yeah, as for the bladder stuff, a UTI would just be too simple, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

missrach, thanks for the info! We're looking at another resort on the Caribbean side & will firm it up this weekend. It looks like the weather will be in the low 80's, so just about perfect!
I'm so glad your US went well & you got to see your little bean! Yay! I'm a little surprised there's only one in there too, but I guess that's ok too. :Up_to_something: I've heard that m/s sometimes kicks in around 6 weeks, so maybe you have a few more days of feeling normal ahead! (Or, maybe you won't have it at all!) I think it helps if you don't get either too hungry or too full. Good luck & I'm so happy for you! :appl:

Dandi, we haven't confirmed the trip yet, but will do this weekend. Hoping to take it this month, so it's rather last minute planning. :-o
That's great that your biopsy went well today & that everything looks good. Keep us posted when you get the more detailed results. Hopefully you're good to go on the TTC front soon!

JGator, thanks for the hugs! Sometimes it does indeed feel like I can't catch a break lately. I hope things will start looking up soon.
I think all of us TTC ladies should treat ourselves to a little new bling right about now. How about it? :naughty: What are you eyeing?
Wow--3 huge follies? That's awesome! And I think a 14 is great for your lining! I'm feeling really optimistic about this cycle for you.
Did you get the official confirmation to trigger tonight? Have a wonderful weekend & good luck catching that egg (or those eggs!?)! :D

enbcfsobe, thanks for your well wishes. I really wish I'd known to ask about the catheter. It seems the actual D&C part was fine, but this bladder business is crazy! I'm glad you didn't have to deal with one for your D&C.
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. It's hard enough to suffer through something like this, but even harder to have to do it alone (or just with your DH). Big hugs to you. I think that is a good sign that you can get pregnant, but it probably doesn't feel like much consolation right now. I've been trying to embrace that silver lining myself lately, but having the emotional roller coaster of the elation of a bfp followed by the devastation of a miscarriage was so much harder for me to deal with than months on end of bfn's. I'm glad your RE ran a lot of tests & hope they provide some useful information. It's definitely frustrating that so much of this process can't be explained. Did you ever take baby aspirin while TTC/newly pregnant? I've heard that can help if you have a clotting disorder which could lead to the miscarriages.
I'm glad you liked your first acupuncture appointment! That's interesting about the metal beads on stickers. I've been seeing an acupuncturist for a few months & really enjoy it. I also am pretty squeamish & don't like needles, but I'm pretty good with the acupuncture needles. They are very thin & I often don't even feel them. (Sometimes the ones in my hands can pinch when inserted, they feel fine right after.) I find acupuncture relaxing & also noticed that it helped my lining. (Hard to say if it helped with other things too.)
Congrats on your new necklace! I think I know the one that's on its way to you--it's a beaut! :appl: It seems like several of us have distracted ourselves with new pretties lately. I too hadn't gotten any new jewelery in quite a while, but something about hanging around PS definitely starts the fire again.

afm, I'm feeling a bit better today. I suspect the pills my RE gave me might just be giving me symptomatic relief, but maybe it will be enough to get me through the next 4 days until (hopefully!) I'm better healed. I have a few more days of antibiotics left & hope they help.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :wavey:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

OMG MP!!!!! I am so thrilled for you!!!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

YAY MP!!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock

That's great mp! :appl: :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

MP! Great big happy hug for you!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear!!! SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mp, eeeeeeeee!!!!!! I couldn't wait to log on today to find out your news, and I'm beyond thrilled for you girl!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks for thinking of me Bright, you're a peach! I'm a last minute trip planner too, I didn't pick up our itinery and tickets to the US until two days before we left... eek.

enbcfsobe, grrr, sorry to hear you've had the whole colposcopy thing, that must have been so scary at such a young age! And thankyou so much for sharing your acupuncture experience! I'm a bit fascinated with it and would like to learn more about it, I never knew until recently that it could be used as an adjunct to assisted reproduction. So interesting, thanks again my dear! And yay for your new sparkly too!!!

JGator, your comment about an IT collegue made me laugh out loud!! :bigsmile: Thanks for your well wishes hon, I'm still chuckling away!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Woo hoo! SO excited for you, Monkey! Wishing you sticky bean dust and a very happy and healthy pregnancy. :D

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

JGator, did you trigger last night? Just have a feeling you are going to catch a healthy egg or two this weekend!

Bright, so glad to hear you are getting a little symptom relief. Your poor body has been through a lot, but I do think you'll be feeling back to yourself soon. I also think going on this last minute vacation is just what you need right now. It is so good for the soul to get away from everything and spend a little time in paradise. This will also give you and DH a chance to reconnect minus all of the TTC stress, which I think is so important. I'm jealous just imagining it and can't wait to hear all about your plans. Bright, I'm going to be sending you all of the dust in the world when you start trying again. You've been such an awesome support to me, and I'm not giving up until we are both very pregnant!

enbcfsobe, I still think you have a great chance of conceiving again and staying pregnant. I only pointed you to Lizzy's story because I thought it might give you comfort. She was able to conceive her son after two miscarriages, and there is a very good chance you will be able to do that as well. And if not, there are still many options to explore. I hope you are healing emotionally and physically after your latest loss. Hugs to you. Also, I was skeptical of the acupuncture thing, but so many women on here have had wonderful experiences and possibly improved their fertility as a result.

Dandi, thinking of you while you wait for the results. You're such a trooper - I'm with JGator on this one, and just the thought of it makes me cringe (but I'm an attorney)! You medical people are a different breed I tell you.

Tammy, how are you doing lady? Is tonight your big date? Have so much fun! And when is your Napa trip? I've never been, but it is definitely on my bucket list even though I'm embarrassed to admit I know very little about wine. I just think that part of the country would be fun to see. Thanks for being such a supportive cheerleader. I'm going to be cheering you on like crazy!

Shout out to Firecracker, MLK and Prana and any other TTC'ers I missed! Keep the faith ladies!

AFM, ahh, I'm feeling the love. Thank you everyone for your messages! I would write individually to each of you, but I think that would turn this into the longest post in history. I honestly don't know what I would have done this past year without all of you! I'm still in disbelief, but I'm feeling pretty good and very happy right now. It's still so very early, and when I realize how tiny and fragile this little being is right now, it freaks me out. Hard not to analyze every little thing and worry. But I have faith that if this is the child we are meant to have, all will be well. Lord knows we've been through a lot together already these past 10 days! I would appreciate your continuing thoughts and prayers through these next vital weeks. I'm not going to feel relaxed until I see a heartbeat.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Whooo Hooo MP!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results