shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi ladies. Bright, I'm glad that site helped!! I'm going to be brief cause in posting from my phone but wanted to pop in to say hi. Nothing really to report on my end. Tested yesterday and today, both were stark white. In trying to be optimistic but I'm not feeling any different and w/the 9dpo bfn I'm just not feeling like this is our month. It's starting to get a little more stressful, I won't lie. I know great timing of bd is only a small part of the process but there's something really uncomfortable about knowing that we did everything we could two months in a row but haven't gotten anywhere. I think if dh had a child already and/or I wasn't creeping up on 35 I wouldn't be so concerned this early. I know it's just my nature to worry though, ah well!

MP I'm sorry that it's been such a long, rough journey for you. :( I really do hope that early 2012 brings a healthy little one to your family. In the meantime, lots of hugs and prayers to you, don't give up!!

Hope everyone had a great nye! We went to a wonderful 5 course dinner then popped over to ring in the new year with our good friends and 15 of their family members, it was a great night! :)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It has been very helfpul considering no one in real life other than DH knows.

Bright, hope you are enjoying your new year and your wonderful gift of pregnancy! I am cheering you on and looking forward to hearing your progress.

MP, cheer up. I know exactly how you feel seeing everyone move over to JBP and the Pregnancy thread. We started trying in March even though I wasn't actively posting on PS at the time - I was a lurker so I feel like I've known you since then. You have a plan in place for 2012 and hopefully this cycle will work out and if not, one IUI will be all you need just like Bright!

Tammy, glad you had a nice NYE. We went out for dinner by ourselves and stayed in with a bottle of champagne to ring in the New Year.

AFM, I am going in tomorrow AM for bloodwork I think - I guess I'll find out when I get there. I seem to always get bloodwork and sometimes an ultrasound each visit. And, I have the worst small veins and fear of needles so it's never fun. I emailed the nurse on Friday night about AF showing so she said I didn't need to come in on Saturday for a beta but to come in on Monday. I know my doctor is out on vacation till Tuesday so not sure when we'll have a plan for next steps. I am worried that we are going to need IVF with some genetic testing. I know my RE said he doesn't like to do PGD because the testing often harms the embryos and can't detect everything though. I am not sure that an IUI would yield any different results than what has happened already for us, but we'll see what the doctor recommends. DH is ready for his SA too, but I doubt he has a problem since I have gotten PG twice. I also plan to get my HSG on Wednesday. The chemical pregnancy was not as bad emotionally as a MC at 10 weeks, but it was definitely a blow to my confidence in getting PG and staying PG because I've now miscarried twice. I am trying to be optimistic as I generally am a glass is half full person, but it's not easy right now.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Jgator, keep your head up lady. You will get your baby before you know it! I did not have any genetic testing done on my embryos, but I did have the chromosomal kareotype (sp?) testing done. It is basically a blood test on myself and my DH and they do genetic testing that way. I know having two losses in a row can make you worried for the worst, however please know that I had two losses before getting pregnant with my son naturally (no fertility drugs, etc). It can be done! Once your RE has exhausted all tests - SA, HSG, chromosomal, clotting disorder, male hormone, etc and it all comes back with no issues, I would peruse IVF. Because as my RE told me, "I think IVF will get you a baby the quickest" In my case, after having 4 losses this year around 5-6 weeks along, they think IVF worked due to the embryo selection. Meaning, they implanted the strongest embryo, which of course we do not have the control over when getting pregnant naturally. Another thing I would look into is progesterone suppositories. When you said yours was 1, that seemed so low in my opinion, even now knowing that a loss was going to happen. That just seemed like it was never high enough to support a pregnancy. If you do IVF they will have you use them as part of the protocol, but if you end up trying IUI one more time, please ask for them, as they do not hurt. Also, baby aspirin. I think you might already use them, but if you are having losses due to a clotting issue, then the baby aspirin can help with that. I hope that wasn't overwhelming for you. We are all here for you for support. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

MP, I certainly know how it feels seeing people come and go in here. It is hard for those of us who have had a long rocky road. We wish them the best, but we just want it to be our turn. I hear you. I am feeling really positive about IUI next month (hopefully you won't need it, maybe all that junk fooding means something!) I just feel given what you have told us about the SA issues, that the IUI is going to get the swimmers in the right place at the right time. Are you also going to use progesterone suppositories a couple of days after IUI? I would recommend it as it doesn't hurt and will help get the progesterone exactly where you need it. Thinking of you and hoping you get some good news in early 2012!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

Bright, I would easily say the cramping went well into my 10th/11th week. It was the reason I held off testing for so long (at nearly 7weeks!!). After the multiple BFPs I became more attuned with my body and they eventually lessened. I have stretching like ones now occasionally and I'm guessing that was the cause of the early cramping too? In those early days it was so easy, for me,to question every pg symptom and consider it a possible 'oh no AF is coming, the test was wrong' symptom.

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Brightspot.. my long lost ring buddy! I've been lurking around occasionally once I noticed that you were trying to get knocked up... and I am so thrilled for you. You are going to be an amazing mama! Congrats congrats congrats :appl: :appl: :appl:

And tons of baby dust to the rest of your lovely ladies... I am kind of impatient to be one of the TTCer again so it is fun to peak in here and live vicariously :cheeky: :cheeky: :bigsmile:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

It always starts by lurking, ice! ;)) Join us, we need some new TTC people, it's so quiet! ;(

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, how are you doing? I'm thinking of you a lot. You seem to be holding up remarkably well despite the long wait. Sending you continued sticky dust and praying you hear good results after you have your beta testing and that you've got a strong, sticky bean in there! You so deserve it!

Tammy, any news? I think it is still too early for you to give up on this cycle, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

JGator, thanks for the pep talk. I know I'm not the only one going through this, and many people have had longer and harder journeys than mine. I admire you for staying so positive despite your losses. I'm pulling for you!

Lizzy, thank you also for the pep talk. I always appreciate your BTDT advice. I really do hope that an IUI is our answer, but I'm trying not to set my expectations too high because I know it doesn't work for everyone, and since we seem to have multiple contributing factors, I'm concerned. I will definitely ask to be put on progesterone. We talked about that at one time because I told her that my sister had been on progesterone supplements, and, like you, she said that it wouldn't hurt and may help.

Blond, I don't know anything about ovarian drilling, but I also hope your stay on this thread is not long. Keep us posted!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, thanks for your thoughtful post. I hope everything is going great with your pregnancy. I just scheduled my HSG for next week. Hopefully, DH will get his SA this week. I had low progesterone in the previous pregnancy, and I was taking Crinone 8. This time, the RE checked my progesterone a week after ovulation and the numbers were normal so he said not to take the progesterone. Within a week, the number fell to 1. I have a stock pile of the Crinone 8 left over. I think I will insist this cycle on taking it. I also listened to your advice and was already taking the baby aspirin daily. I will definitely come to you with questions going forward.

MP, I am trying to stay positive. I was a bit down over the weekend but feeling better now. Hope your spirits are high. When, will you test this cycle?

AFM, I went to the RE yesterday for bloodwork and an ultrasound. My ovaries look good and the pregnancy hormone is out of my system so I am good to go for another round of Clomid starting tomorrow. I also scheduled my HSG for a week from tomorrow. The RE wants us to go with timed intercourse with Clomid and the trigger again this cycle. So, hopefully we will get a sticky bean this time.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Ladies. MP, thank you for asking about me. :))

I'm at 11 DPO and had (another) bfn this morning. My temp is still up, but I think that my LP is going to extend out another 3 days to a full 14, just a hunch. I know it's not supposed to be correlated, but I seem to have a 28 day cycle regardless of when I ovulate. :confused:

I won't lie, I'm disappointed. I feel like it's inappropriate for me to whine about it though, since it's just our second cycle of full on trying with good timing. So this morning I picked up a bag of decaf coffee, going to try to cut out caffeine since I've been drinking a solid 2 cups a day, sometimes 3. The other part of the plan is that we're both going to do our best to eat better, exercise and lose weight since both of us are higher BMI. DH also is completely on board with bd'ing every day from the beginning of my fertile CM through my temp shift. He asked a lot of questions, has been very sweet and supportive so that is a tremendous help.

I'm not sure what else we can do...I might give the soft cups a try, but I'm not sure how I feel about that quiet yet. :???:

Sorry for the "me centric" post. I hope everyone is doing well! MP I still have high hopes for you my dear. :) JGator I'm glad you have a plan. I'm so sorry that you need it, but hopefully it brings you some hope and comfort.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

MP, thanks for your sweet post. I think since we got the news my DH has been more cautious than I've been. I know he's trying to protect me, but, if something goes wrong I'll be devastated whether I prepare myself or not, so I'm trying my best to enjoy the moment. Thanks for the continued support & sticky dust!
I'm so sorry you've been feeling down. Big hugs to you. You have been so kind & gracious to everyone on this thread & are so deserving of everything that is good in life, including a darling little one. I certainly know how hard it is to see others get their bfp's when you've been trying for so long. I don't know if it makes you feel better or worse (or both?) when a long time TTC-er finally gets a bfp. I totally understand either way. I hope you're days away from your bfp, friend (when is AF due?) Or, if it's not this month, that one IUI does the trick. We certainly had issues on both sides, so maybe that's just what you need to get your bfp! (I also think the progesterone supplements are a good idea. They're not too annoying & don't hurt anything & could very well help things.) I'm rooting for you like crazy.

JGator, I'm glad your ultrasound looked good & that you're ready to start another round of clomid. What dose are they putting you on? That's a good idea to get the hsg in this cycle (I've heard it can do wonders). It sounds like you might not need the IUI. I think that's smart to take the progesterone this time. I'm so hoping you'll get your sticky bean this month. Hugs to you.
I have a fear of needles too & always tell the nurses who draw my blood that I bruise easily & request the smallest butterfly needle they have. It seems to have helped.

tammy, I'm sorry about the bfn. I'm still hopeful for you as it's pretty early. Don't worry about complaining about it taking so long to get ktfu. When you want something badly, even a relatively short period of time can feel like an eternity! It sounds like you & your DH have a good, solid plan to make some lifestyle changes that should help in the fertility department. Wishing you the best of luck for a fast bfp!
Thanks again for posting that betabase site. It's always reassuring to run my numbers against their stats.

PetitePoire, thanks for sharing your experience with the early pregnancy cramping. That's reassuring. I can't believe you held off until 7 weeks to test! Wow! I definitely have "something is wrong" feelings sometimes, but am glad to know that the cramping is pretty normal.

icekid!! It's so good to see you! I took a hiatus from PS between wedding & TTC & haven't been venturing much outside of the TTC forum these days, but just did a quick search & found your absolutely adorable little boy! What a sweetheart! Big congrats to you! How have you been? Thanks for the dust. ::)

Hi to anyone I missed! Prana, littlefirecracker, Dani, blondebunny...hope you guys are well. :wavey:

afm, I got my 2nd beta done today at 16dpo & it was 154 (my 12dpo beta was 29.2). The nurse said my levels were doubling appropriately & scheduled me to come in for an OB scan to check on everything on Thursday. I wasn't expecting to go in for a scan so soon (and hope nothing is wrong!) but am pleased they're on top of things. I vacillate between excitement & worry, but I guess that's normal.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

MP, hugs to you my friend. It sounds like you and your NP have plans in place for 2012, and I'm so happy to hear. I'm sorry you're feeling down but definitely know you have many of us cheering you on. I really want this for you because your grace, patience and generosity to everyone on this board would make you the most amazing mom to any baby. Hugs to you, and I hope you'll be getting your BFP soon too. I keep checking in here on your progress and will keep my fingers crossed the IUI does the trick.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I couldn't be more thrilled to hear your beta news!!! And I'm so glad they didn't make you wait this time! I'll keep you and your little bean in my thoughts. That is weird you're having such an early scan because I was under the impression there is not much to see at that point, but at least you know they are monitoring you carefully. Thanks for your kind words. Your story definitely gives me hope. I'm just feeling a little left behind right now, BUT that does not change the fact that I am completely thrilled for you! I hope you know that.

LC, ah thanks. That was just the pick me up I need today. You are so sweet. I can't believe how close you are to becomming a mommy lady! Hope you and your little guy are doing well!

Tammy, sorry about the BFN. I'm not giving up on you, and I just have a feeling your BFP is coming around the corner. Sounds like you and DH are making some healthy changes, which is awesome.

JGator, I'm glad to hear your appointment went well and that you will be trying again this month. I'm guessing your HSG will go just fine since you have been able to conceive, and as I mentioned on here before, the HSG really wasn't bad at all. Hoping we both get lucky very soon!

AFM, I think I should know by this time next week where I stand this cycle. I'm guessing I'm around 7 or 8 DPO, and I had a 15 day LP last month on clomid, so it's still too early to tell. I really do believe in my heart of hearts that we will need intervention to get our BFP, so I would be surprised if AF doesn't show. Sidenote, JGator and Bright, did either of you get sore nips from clomid? That is the only side effect I've had, but it is so annoying!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Bright, congrats! Your numbers seem to be right on track. Can't wait to have you over in the JBP thread!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. I had my first u/s a week ago and we saw one itty bitty baby with a heart beat, measuring right on track. I have to wait another 3 weeks to go back in. My pants are starting to get a bit tight, but that is more likely the result of the holidays than the baby, haha.

Crossing my fingers for all of you!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1325618722|3094179 said:
Bright, I couldn't be more thrilled to hear your beta news!!! And I'm so glad they didn't make you wait this time! I'll keep you and your little bean in my thoughts. That is weird you're having such an early scan because I was under the impression there is not much to see at that point, but at least you know they are monitoring you carefully. Thanks for your kind words. Your story definitely gives me hope. I'm just feeling a little left behind right now, BUT that does not change the fact that I am completely thrilled for you! I hope you know that.

Bright, did either of you get sore nips from clomid? That is the only side effect I've had, but it is so annoying!

Thanks! Apparently if I get to the office by 9:30, they run the bloodwork the same day (I didn't know this when I went in for my first beta.)
I think the early scan is odd too. It made me a little concerned (like they expected to see a problem) but maybe it will be nice to just check on everything.

I totally understand your feelings. I've actually been thinking about this for a while--that it would be hard on whichever one of us didn't get the first bfp. And I understand that it's normal to be both excited for the newly preggo & still feel sad & left out. I really hope 1 IUI is all you guys need too. And we're here if you need to vent. Big hugs to you. (Oh, and I didn't get sore nips from the clomid--only night sweats.)

amc, thanks! I just saw your u/s in JBP. Congrats, girl! :bigsmile:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Fantastic numbers, Bright!

MP, how's it going for you? I think your cycle is generally a few days behind me and I'm officially due for AF today. I don't think it's coming today, but definitely by tomorrow. I tested BFN again this morning. My temp is up, but my cervix has started to go into AF phase (don't ask unless you want TMI...). It's okay though. I just wish that knowing you weren't pregnant didn't come with the side effects of bloating, headache, impending cramps from hell AND bleeding. I mean really, how rude! :nono:

I'm indulging in REAL coffee today. I've decided that during AF I'm free to drink coffee, have wine, etc. but after AF is gone I'm going to limit those things to very low doses - one cup of real coffee every few days, a glass of wine once a week at most (DH and I love our wine, otherwise I'd just cut it out completely). I've been taking prenatals and extra folic acid for several months already, but I need to hit the gym FAR more often. I wish I loved to exercise!

As a side note, has anyone used softcups? If so, what's your recommendation - worth using or just too weird to bother with? I'm really trying to think of things to improve our chances. I don't want to hit that 6 month mark, and if I do I want to know that I've already done everything I could in the "at home remedies" section of TTC. Hrumph.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

tammy77|1325697454|3094918 said:
I'm indulging in REAL coffee today. I've decided that during AF I'm free to drink coffee, have wine, etc. but after AF is gone I'm going to limit those things to very low doses - one cup of real coffee every few days, a glass of wine once a week at most (DH and I love our wine, otherwise I'd just cut it out completely). I've been taking prenatals and extra folic acid for several months already, but I need to hit the gym FAR more often. I wish I loved to exercise!

Cutting down on caffeine is smart since too much can mess with the TTC process. But seriously, enjoy your daily wine. One glass a day won't hurt anything, and when you do get pregnant you'll regret that you didn't drink more before hand! We went to a really nice restaurant with some friends a couple of weeks ago and I was practically drooling over the wine glasses. But, you know, water is just as good :roll:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi AMC, thanks for chiming in! See, if I have wine then I will need caffeine the next morning! :lol: In all seriousness, I know you're right. I'll try the reduced caffeine because after researching things more, I'm sure that DH and I both have been consuming too much between coffee, soda and energy drinks (the last one is more him though since he HAS to consume some as part of his job but he's already drastically reduced that over the past week or so).

I'm sorry about missing wine. I'm sure I'll feel the same way if/when I ever get pregnant but it's totally worth the sacrifice! ::)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tammy, I used softcups (with preseed) in our 5th (or 6th???) cycle of TTC and it's the cycle I got KTFU. I don't know if it was coincidence or not.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

tammy77|1325697454|3094918 said:
As a side note, has anyone used softcups? If so, what's your recommendation - worth using or just too weird to bother with? I'm really trying to think of things to improve our chances. I don't want to hit that 6 month mark, and if I do I want to know that I've already done everything I could in the "at home remedies" section of TTC. Hrumph.

Tammy, I'm glad that Puppmom was able to get her BFP while using these. I have to admit that I tried these one cycle. They obviously didn't work for me, but then again, I'm likely dealing with other issues. Personally, I didn't like them because I didn't feel like they were, um, capturing everything, and I worried I was actually preventing some of the swimmers from getting to where they needed to go. That's probably not a legitimate concern because most of them don't make it anyway, but it bothered me that not all of them could be captured in the cup. Maybe I was doing it wrong? Sorry, that's way TMI, but that's my thought on it. It might be worth a shot for you though. It probably can't hurt. Sorry about the BFN. It's so frustrating, isn't it? How many DPO are you - i.e. is there still a shot? I'm still a few days behind you, and AF should arrive this weekend or early next week. Anyway, hang in there and keep up the good fight!

Bright, thank you. I had hoped we would get our BFPs around the same time, and maybe we still will. . . But I'm not counting on anything happening immediately. Wow, do I sound like a pessimist or what?! Anyway, stilll thinking of you. Please update us on how your appointment goes tomorrow. I wouldn't assume they thought something was wrong because it sounds like everything is going just as it should.

amc, congrats on seeing your little bean. Glad to hear everything is going well for you!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1325714099|3095175 said:
Bright, thank you. I had hoped we would get our BFPs around the same time, and maybe we still will. . .

Me too....and I think we will. I have a really good feeling you'll get yours this month or next. Sending you tons of positive vibes & baby dust! Where are you CD-wise? Are you going to test this month? Crossing fingers toes & eyes for you & hoping you're feeling a bit better. ::)

tammy, sorry about the BFN. That is really rude that they're so often followed by such annoyance as AF, adding insult to injury.
In the past few months my DH & I cut back on caffeine, sugar & alcohol. I wasn't much of a drinker anyway, but he cut back pretty dramatically (and wound up losing 15 lbs too!) So I don't know if that made a difference fertility-wise, but we were both feeling better, which was nice.
As for softcups, I ordered some, but never worked up the nerve to try them. :oops: It's worth a shot, though!

JGator, thinking of you. How are you holding up? How is the clomid treating you? I have high hopes for you this cycle.

Hi to everyone else! :wavey:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi MP,

I read around a bit more and apparently there are um, techniques...including having your DH insert it. :shock: I don't think so! Another person said to practice using some water in the cup part a few times. I don't know, I think I might give it an honest shot after reading a bunch of reviews on it! I'd really love to have an October baby. :)) As for this cycle, I know for sure that I'm out. I know that a lot of people say you can't tell from checking your cervix but this is the second month in a row that mine has dropped, softened and opened in combination with having a patch of EWCM. When that happened last month, AF came early the next morning. My temp hasn't dropped yet, but it's exactly the same as it was the day before AF last month.

So if nothing else, at least I'm getting better at spotting that I'm NOT pregnant and AF's right around the corner! :rolleyes:

Much dust to you though. I have this theory that I can't get out of my head about someone on PS getting their long wished for BFP/baby at least once a month lately. We had our dear Lizzy, then Bright (and on another thread by different method - IG's baby girl). So by that rationale, next month belongs to YOU...and I'd be happy for the theory to prove me wrong in a positive way, meaning your bfp this week. ;))

Anyhow, just really hope you're next around here. I'd gladly sit on the sidelines another month or two for you to get your bfp, if only it would work that way.

ETA: Bright I missed your post while I was typing up mine. Thanks for the info about diet and caffeine. I wonder if it did help! I will be the first to say that I absolutely could stand to lose some weight, which I'm working on but the holidays just trashed that idea. :nono: It's January though, so to the gym I go! :devil:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

tammy77|1325718022|3095240 said:
Hi MP,

I read around a bit more and apparently there are um, techniques...including having your DH insert it. :shock: I don't think so!

:shock: I don't even want to know what DH would say if I suggested that (not that I would)! I never did tell him I used them, not because I was being sneaky, but because I know there are just some things about bodily functions, etc., that he does not want to know! Sorry that the signs are pointing to AF. I've gotten pretty good as well at reading my body's cues and knowing when I'm not pregnant. I still always hope against hope that I'll be wrong though . . . . And you are way too sweet by the way. I don't deserve a BFP any more than any other woman who is trying for a baby, but that was nice of you to say. I'll get my BFP when it is meant to be, and you will too! (Although, you'll be happy to know that if you're posting on this forum, chances are you'll get one before I do!)

Bright, as you might remember, I wasn't able to pinpoint ovulation very well this cycle, so I'm thinking I'm between 8 and 10 DPO. I don't plan to test, but if I do, it wouldn't be until early next week. No reason whatsoever to believe this cycle is any different from the rest, and I think I might have detected some slight internal spotting earlier, which is a telltale sign for me. Not sure what I'll do if IUI doesn't work, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Lots of dust headed your way for tomorrow. I don't expect you'll have much to report because it is so early still, but try not to worry too much.

I'm keeping all of you other ladies in my thought - JGator, Prana, and anyone else out there who's still lurking!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, looking forward to hearing how your ultrasound goes tomorrow. You are probably getting one early as you are seeing an RE and not a regular OB. Also, they will likely look to confirm it's not ectopic and that there is a gestational sac in there about the size they expect it to be. I am starting 100MG of Clomid tonight for 5 nights. They are counting this as CD 5 (I count it as 6 since AF showed last Friday night, but for some reason, the RE counts the day after). So, I go in next Wednesday for my bloodwork and to see how the follies look in the AM, and then back in the afternoon to another office for the HSG test. Big day! Hoping my follies and resulting trigger align with DH's travel schedule next week as he's back to travelling again.

MP, still hoping this is your cycle. Also, no sore nipples that I recall from the Clomid last cycle. I didn't have many symptoms other than feeling hot at night a few times.

Tammy, when I was TTC earlier this year, I cut out all caffeine and I only drank wine in the 2 weeks prior to O every month. This time around, I am drinking 1 cup of coffee a day and not worrying too much about the wine until I get a BFP as I have heard you don't share a blood supply that early in the pregnancy. I am trying to be a little more laid back as I don't want to waste too much energy worrying. Those Soft Cups scare me! Go for it though!

Hi, Prana, IceKid, Jen, Ltl and other lurkers :wavey: ! Please come out of lurkdom and join us!

AFM, starting my Clomid tonight. Wish my follicles luck!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi JGator!

So there are two softcup theories. One is that it keeps things from escaping (bonus in the laundry dept imo). The second is that supposedly the environment of the cervix is more sperm friendly than the erm, other parts so more of them live longer...and they don't head in the wrong direction. :lol: I have a box of them that I've used here and there for AF, but I haven't talked to DH about using them for TTC. I think I'm going to use them exclusively this month for AF to get the hang of it though. I'll let you know how the chat goes, but I have a feeling my DH won't mind the idea of me using them. I'm not even going to ask him to insert it, but I won't hide it from him. I couldn't anyhow since in order for it to work you have to insert before you get up.

Ok I've embarrassed myself enough for one post at least, going to head out now! :oops:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Hey guys, I am still here! For all of you that are down, I have been TTC for 7 months now so you are not alone. I am really just trying to keep my head up and realize I cannot compare myself to anyone else and that my husband and I have our own timeline. But I have my moments of frustration.

Tammy - I did the same thing J Gator did. I will have a glass if out with friends, but I don't drink at home. I also cut back on having a glass of wine during the week while at home even during the first half of my cycle. Heavy drinking has been shown to impair fertility, but the effects of moderate drinking are unknown. But that is not just the TTC for me, some studies on alcohol and breast cancer came out that are concerning for me as I have a lot of other risk factors (including waiting until after 30 to get pregnant!). I just found out my mother, who passed from beast cancer was a very heavy drinker in her younger days, and she have trouble getting pregnant with me. So it might be paranoia, but I don't want to repeat her bad habits.

MP - keep you head up! I have seen lots of people go though this and have a very bumpy road and come home with a healthy baby. Some of the stories I have are just amazing. Please realize that everyone has a different road to a baby, and yes lots of people are going to come and go from here. When that happens, I admit, I kind of shake my head, but I know a large percentage of people who come here are not going to stay long and that is just life. Staying positive and relaxed, as corny as it sounds, is really an important factor in helping you have success.

JGator - I am having high hopes for you too. As I said to MP, I know lots of people in your situation who had success too, so don't let the two losses get you down. There is one girl at my work who went though the same thing, and she is finally going to deliver in Feb. Good luck with your workup this month.

Icekid - Hi :wavey:. I miss seeing you around, although I have been posting less as well. Where are you in residency? Are you almost done? Let us know how things go with growing your family.

Brightspot :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: . So excited and I am really hoping that beta keeps doubling!

To anyone I forgot :wavey: .

AFM I am day 7 DPO. Vacation is over. I am really hoping this is the month. The baby would be within 2 days of our wedding anniversary. But really not trying to think about it too much to avoid disappointment. I am looking into my insurance for infertility options, and it does not look very good. We are going to wait until we are close to the one year mark to ask for a referral unless something comes up on my charting, which so far it is looking ok.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Monkey, I was worried about the same thing...like the soft cup would act sort of like a diaphragm! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Tammy, I didn't tell DH I was using them because I felt like it made BDing too clinical.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Puppmom, exactly. I don't hide things from DH, but I do try to keep BD'ing fun for him and avoid getting into the nitty gritty biology of everything. I'm not always successful, but I like to keep some of the more unsexy things to myself! Thanks for the good wishes!

Tammy, I only tried the cups twice, but I put them in while I was still lying down and after DH got up to use the restroom. FYI - it was still difficult to keep everything in place (for me anyway). For anyone who isn't familiar with them, they are pretty large, and you really have to twist/squish them to get them into place. They are intimidating and a little tricky to get out. I'm amazed that people are actually able to use them for AF. Not for the faint of heart, but when you've been TTC awhile, you get a little desperate!

JGator, good luck this cycle. I always feel like I'm doing something productive the on the days I take the clomid :) Hoping you get a few nice big follicles this cycle! I was completely restricting caffeine and alcohol until recently. I still don't drink very often, but I've been having small amounts of caffeine pretty regularly lately because I was starting to resent all the restrictions.

Firecracker, it's great that you are staying so positive and patient. I wish I could have that attitude, but after 12 cycles, it is getting pretty difficult. Good luck to you this cycle! We don't have fertility coverage either, but so far, it has been pretty manageable. Then again, I haven't gotten all of our bills yet! Hoping it doesn't even come to that for you though!

Sha

Ideal_Rock

Delulrking..

Are you still having the sore nips, mp? I don't usually get sore nips on my regular Clomid cycles, but I did get them on a BFP Clomid cycle before... so that might be a good sign. 8) I hope so!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Hi Sha! I wish! I think sore nipples is just a clomid side effect for me because I had them last cycle from O to just before AF, and I'm having the same thing this time around. I googled it last month, and it sounds like quite a few people experienced the same thing, presumably from the change in hormone levels. One of these days I'm going to get a legitimate pregnancy sign! Hope you're doing well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results