shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Lulu, thanks much for chiming in! I can relate to so much of what you said about your experience. I've never felt more frustrated or helpless about anything in my life. I can imagine finding out nothing is wrong is even more frustrating than finding out something is wrong. And I too struggle with how far I'll be willing to go as far as medical intervention. I'm open to progesterone and clomid, but IUIs and IVFs? I'm not there yet. I'm sorry you had to struggle so much, but I'm happy to hear that you got your happy ending with your daughter and that you're thinking of venturing into the TTC journey again.

NEL, thanks for your support.

S&I, sounds like you're getting close. Definitely time to start BD'ing!

Missy, wow, that is crazy about your brother. I would definitely be apprehensive about that situation as well. Um, awkward. I hope it doesn't put a damper on your vacation. I hope he proceeds very carefully in this as there are several red flags. You'll definitely have to report back. Hopefully you'll get your BFP before then and be so ecstatic that it won't matter that she is there.

China, I would say that since you've gotten pregnant easily in the past, you probably can stick with what is comfortable for you and DH as far as frequency. Every day gives you the best shot (assuming there is no problem with DH's counts), but every other day will definitely cover your bases. Hilarious about your son's nickname. I never thought I would be one to use all of these acronyms or to post about my cycle or bedroom habits for that matter!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Haven't popped in a few days and I came back to discussion of something that I am in the midst of right now! The short cycle. AF showed up 5 days earlier than I was expecting this cycle. We shall see in the coming months if this is a trend. Perhaps I do need to keep temping after my O shift to get a better idea of whats going on.

MP- Sorry that AF showed up for you. What a bummer. It seems as though you're in good company when dealing with potentially short cycles. I hope your OB has some suggestions and a referral for you in September if you are not KU by then. Have a great time in Vegas! I just told DH that I want to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday next March. Already planning!

Lizzy and Missy- Good luck with your upcoming POAS adventures!

Missy- Sorry about that awkward BIL situation. That is weird that he wouldn't even consider how it would feel to you guys to have a stranger on your vacation. I'd be annoyed, too. Especially since he hasn't met her in person or spent any time with her beyond virtual time.

Lulu, China, and Jas- Glad to see you guys back for the next round!

HOT- That is QUITE the BD schedule! Impressed!

Steph- I can't wait for you to be pregnant. Is that weird? I hope that you getting pregnant will give me something to focus on so I am not tempted to jump the gun myself. Can't wait for your trip out to see me!

AMC- Yay for cross-hairs! I don't think I posted anything about that when I read it. That's good news!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, it's the BIL acting crazy, not my brother haha. I agree there are a few red flags here. I will definitely report back to you all and let you know how good or bad it's going. I'll be checking from my phone so if anything interesting happens I'll be sure to post!

MP - Yes, that would be the ideal situation! Last month I was praying for AF, because I wasn't even expecting a BFP then. Now this month I'm hoping it doesn't show up! My friend that is going with us to the beach is 4 months pregnant. They found out yesterday that they're having a boy and they picked out a name already :bigsmile: So excited for them! They had a M/C last April I believe and had been trying for about a year total before she got pregnant this time around. She had been dealing with endometriosis which she said can cause infertility??

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1311877915|2979098 said:
Yes, it's the BIL acting crazy, not my brother haha. I agree there are a few red flags here. I will definitely report back to you all and let you know how good or bad it's going. I'll be checking from my phone so if anything interesting happens I'll be sure to post!

I'm waiting for you to report that she doesn't have enough money to fly home from Africa and needs him to wire her some money :roll:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

MP, when do you leave for your Vegas vacation? We have been a few times and usually see a comedy show at Harrah's and go to a Cirque de soleil show. We actually don't gamble that much but we love the restaurants there. In the Bellagio, there is a Michael Mina restaurant and the lobster pot pie is to die for! Have fun!

S&I, I love the countdown! 8dpo today! I could test on Saturday but I am going to try to hold out till Sunday! If your OPK is getting close to positive, start the BD'ing sister!!

HOT, great job BD'ing!!! What day do you normally O?

Missy, are you going to test at all before AF would be due or are you gonna wait it out? I would not like that BIL situation at all. You've never even met this person and neither has he!!!!!! And now you are going to vacation with her. :rolleyes:

AMC, I know. I hope Missy's brother doesn't get taken for a ride by this match.com girl!.

lulu, thanks for sharing your experience with us!

NEL, hi! I'll keep you posted!

Chinacat, I usually BD every other day leading up to my LH surge. Then when I get that positive OPK, we BD that day and the day after!

Clairitek, interesting about the shorter cycle. Definitely keep an eye on it and see if it continues.

AFM, 8dpo! I'm trying not to think too much about symptoms and stuff as it is early. The only thing I've really noticed is that I am super thirsty!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann|1311879274|2979119 said:
AMC, I know. I hope Missy's brother doesn't get taken for a ride by this match.com girl!.

But in all fairness, my fiance and I "met" on match.com :)

jas

Brilliant_Rock

More later checking in and responding, but just for a second I wanna say that I am so sick of spotting from this m/c. Ugh. I had two bouts of bleeding, the last one 12 days ago...still spotting. Just wanna move on from this. My unofficial research shows I could continue bleeding/spotting for another 2 weeks. I DID have an u/s and it showed I passed all the tissue, so this must be remnants of extra-thick lining.

Seriously...I can't even think of TTC if I'm still spotting.

Stop it, uterus!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Jas, so sorry that you're still spotting from the m/c! I really hope you can get back to your normal cycles soon so you can officially start the TTC train. Good luck!

MP and Lizzy, I've already gotten confirmation from DH that he's on board for tonight. :naughty: We did BD yesterday morning too, so we're sort of on the every other day plan.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Hey lovely TTCers!

Steph: WELCOME! I remember you from BWW, so I'm excited you're over in TTC land.

Jas: Snark away, lady. I think a little snark and sass spices things up a bit ;)) It sucks that you're still spotting. Your ute needs to get it together!

MP: I second everyone else's sentiments. I hope you truly enjoy your trip to Vegas and time to kick back with your DH.

Missy: My sis met her fabulous beau on Match.com, but your BIL's woman does sound a bit wackadoo. I hope you return from vaycay with some juicy gossip or crazy tales- maybe it will be something you can laugh about for a long while! Or maybe it will be perfectly fine and a great time will be had by all.

Ctek: I feel like everyone's cycles are wonky! If O didn't occur a week late, AF comes a week early. Something must be in the water... or it's a full moon... or some other superstitious mumbo-jumbo. I hope that future post-O charting will reveal that this cycle is a fluke and you actually have a normal luteal phase.

To all in the 2WW: I'm so antsy for each of you! Updates? Symptoms?

AFM:I'm so proud of my first little chart 8) ;( ::) (side note: How do you ladies copy pictures of your chart? The best I could do was a screenshot) I never expected such a clear temp shift so soon after Mirena removal! My PMS symptoms (which all but disappeared with my IUD) are back full-freaking-force. I'm super crampy on my right side, my boobs ache, and I'm a bit of a raging bitch. It's kind of like that Annuale skit from SNL (Google if you haven't seen it!) I have a sneaking suspicion AF will be here sooner than later. My only FF complaint is that it throws in my face how lousy my love life was this month. I promise I adore DH and his... ahem... appendage... but having a house full out out of town guests for the past three weeks makes BDing more stressful than enjoyable.

Keep on keepin' on

Picture 4.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1311885445|2979199 said:
AFM:I'm so proud of my first little chart 8) ;( ::) (side note: How do you ladies copy pictures of your chart? The best I could do was a screenshot) I never expected such a clear temp shift so soon after Mirena removal! My PMS symptoms (which all but disappeared with my IUD) are back full-freaking-force. I'm super crampy on my right side, my boobs ache, and I'm a bit of a raging bitch. It's kind of like that Annuale skit from SNL (Google if you haven't seen it!) I have a sneaking suspicion AF will be here sooner than later. My only FF complaint is that it throws in my face how lousy my love life was this month. I promise I adore DH and his... ahem... appendage... but having a house full out out of town guests for the past three weeks makes BDing more stressful than enjoyable.

Keep on keepin' on

Great chart!

I see you have a mac, so I can't really help, but I use the snipping tool to capture mine...that way I'm only grabbing as much as I want to grab.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

PPM, that's a huge temp shift - yay! I don't have a MAC either, so I can't help you much. If you have the equivalent of right-clicking, you could do that on the chart to give you the option to save the image.

Non-TTC related tangent...
I just updated my profile pic, but here's a bigger version. Meet our 4.5 year old furbaby, Pixie, shown here snuggled on Daddy's shins:

si_furbaby.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies!

S&I, Pixie is just adorable! What a sweetheart! Have fun with hubby tonight!

amc, yay for crosshairs! Did you receive your dress yet? If so, do you love it? I met my DH on match.com too.

Pilsn, that's great that you have such a clear temp shift so soon! 3 weeks is a long time to have guests. Are they leaving soon? ;))

Jas, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope things return to normal soon with the spotting, etc.

lizzy, hoping that extreme thirst is a pregnancy symptom. Sending lots of positive vibes your way... (and that lobster pot pie in Vegas sounds amazing!)

Missy, that does sound like an odd situation with your BIL & his new gf. I wouldn't be thrilled with a stranger crashing my vacation either! Do keep us posted about what happens. Maybe you'll get some great news to distract you. :wink2:

Clairitek, hopefully the short cycle trend won't continue for you. That's a good idea to temp throughout your cycle to get a better sense of things, though.

MP, I'm so sorry to hear about AF's arrival. How disappointing. I hope you guys can relax & enjoy your Vegas trip & maybe bring back a souvenir? Definitely catch a cirque du soleil show if you like that kind of thing (maybe Love or Zumanity would be especially appropriate?)
If nothing happens this cycle, I hope you can get some answers from your doc soon. Maybe progesterone would help? Thanks for your CM thoughts (what a weird statement!) We have been using Pre Seed & really like it, but I don't seem to have much going on without it. Though, I suppose if I'm not ovulating, I wouldn't have EWCM, now would I? :roll: I really don't know if Pre Seed would be helpful to you if you don't typically use that type of product, although I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try.

China, I hope all goes well with your acupuncture appointment. I'm still getting used to the use of "O" on this thread too. I tend to think of the other word it often abbreviates. :naughty:

lulu, thanks for sharing your story. That must have been so frustrating to have everything check out fine, but still not be able to conceive. I definitely hear you on the lack of control issue. I'm the type of person who researches a decision forever, but once I decide to move forward on something, I want it to happen immediately. So this process has been a bit frustrating & humbling. Congrats on your lovely daughter & welcome back. Hopefully it will be easier this time around.

HOT, sounds like you've been a busy girl lately! When to you expect to O? Have fun & enjoy the weekend oysterfest!

Laine, it was wonderful to hear your happy ending (or beginning?) How long did it take to get KU once you went on progesterone?

LC, thanks for posting more info on acupuncture. I'm still thinking about it but am a bit squeamish, so it's good to hear the details. (yeah, I know, I should get over it...pregnancy & motherhood aren't for the faint of heart!) How are you feeling?

stephb0lt, welcome! Sometimes it takes a while for things to get back to normal after going off hbc. I hope your cycle stabilizes soon.

AFM, I'm on CD6. I just ordered some Wondfro's & have an appointment with my OB/GYN next Wednesday. I also switched to my hubby's insurance as mine doesn't cover infertility treatment. (sadly, this was almost double the cost--yipes!) Hopefully I'll have more info soon.

This is probably a stupid question, but how much testing should I expect from my OB/GYN & what do I need to address with a RE?

Sending lots of positive dust to the 2WW'ers & hi to anyone I missed!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1311895648|2979331 said:
amc, yay for crosshairs! Did you receive your dress yet? If so, do you love it? I met my DH on match.com too.

Yes! It's still in the box. I took it out to make sure it was the right dress. Now I need to figure out somewhere to store it for the next couple of months, where my fiance won't see it.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

HOT, I must have missed your message earlier. Vegas is pretty fun. There’s definitely something for everyone. Ideally, we’d be going on a two week vacation to Australia :)) , but alas a weekend in Vegas will have to do. Look at you go! Keep up that BD’ing!

Clairitek, who knows why your AF came earlier than you expected this cycle. Nothing to worry about at this point. I’ve always had shorter cycles with a bit of spotting, so that’s why I’m paying so much attention to it.

Lizzy, we will be leaving a week from tomorrow. With my freakishly short cycles, we will probably need to BD while we are there. Not that that should be a problem :naughty: We are definitely not big gamblers either, although DH will probably want to play some blackjack just to say he did. I think we may go see the water version of Cirque de Soleil. Thinking of you as you get closer to the D-Day! Eagle pose!

Jas, so sorry about the spotting. Like you really need the constant reminder of the miscarriage. I suppose it is your body’s way of letting you know it’s not quite ready yet. Soon though, I hope!

S&I, cute pupster. Have fun BD’ing! Every other day is a great plan.

PPM, don’t you just love advertising your BD frequency to complete strangers? Since you didn’t want to get pregnant this month, it’s probably a good idea you abstained a bit. Plenty of time for BD’ing next month!

Brightspot, I hope somone is able to answer your question re testing and topics for RE. I would like to know as well. Your post made me realize I need to look at my insurance as well. You'll have to let us know how your appointment goes.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

What say you ladies?

Yes, they are in a ziploc bag. :oops:
The bottom one is from about 10 minutes ago, and the one on top of that was from this morning. It looks like it faded a bit though, as have all the earlier ones.

Brightspot, thanks! Pixie is quite a spoiled one. My OB had a list of 4 things to test - blood work, pelvic ultrasound, and HSG dye test for me, plus sperm analysis for DH. So far, I've only done the blood work and ultrasound. DH has agreed to do the SA after we find the results of this cycle.

MP, thanks! We're definitely going to BD tonight, and maybe tomorrow too depending on tomorrow's OPK. You'll love the water show by Cirque. That was the one DH and I saw the last time we went to Vegas.

si_cycle1_lh.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I'm a fan of online dating! I met DH on Myspace (before Facebook was really popular) there just seems to be a lot of baggage with this particular girl though! DH is out with him right now, I wonder what the topic of conversation is!

Lizzy- technically I don't exactly know when AF is considered late for me. Last cycle was 34 days long (so if I go by that AF is due on the 3rd) and I don't have any idea if/when I O'd and the cycle before that was on BC. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to test so I'll be at 11dpo then. When will you test?

Steph- You are in a Ravens/Eagles marriage too right? I was checking back on my old posts and I happened to catch that post! It's almost that time again!

S&I- Wooohoo looks like go time!!! That's how mine looked last week! Good for you :bigsmile:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

MP, so sorry AF showed up.

ChinaCat, how exciting to be TTC with your sister! My sister and I planned our weddings together last year and it was a great bonding experience for us.

HOT, you are definitely getting in some well timed BD!

Missy, that's crazy about your BIL! I met my DH online as well, but we didn't do anything crazy like that! We are definitely getting excited about football season now that this year is a sure thing, we will have to resurrect the football thread soon. I can't wait to buy some little baby sized Ravens clothes, and I'm sure DH will do the same with Eagles. Fingers crossed for a BFP for you!

Lulu, glad to see you back for number two, the world needs more children as adorable as your daughter!

Clairitek, sorry you are dealing with a weird cycle right now, I hope it just a fluke. I don't think it's too weird you are excited for me to get preggo, you are probably just hoping for some hand-me-down maternity clothes though :cheeky:

Lizzy, any idea when you will test? Fingers crossed for you

Jas, so sorry you are dealing with all the post-miscarriage spotting. I hope it winds down soon so you can get back to TTC.

Pils, great chart!

S&I, your pup is so cute! Great OPKs, now get it on lady!

AFM, still waiting to see if I O. CD16 with nothing on the OPKs yet and no shift in temp. It seems like my temp isn't oscillating as crazily the last few days at least.

Hi to anyone I missed!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Wow this board moves fast. If I missed something in my responses, I apologize in advance.

Not much happening. I am actually the one out of town teaching a class. My husband will be coming in tomorrow and we fly to San Diego for a nice long weekend in 70 degree weather!

MP - I am so sorry about AF making an unwelcome visit. I would bring this up with your OB for sure. The worse she can say is that you will have to wait a little longer, and at best, you might be able to start getting answers. BTW, I am day 11 in my cycle. I think O will be coming in the next 3-4 days. I did a due date calculator, and sure enough, if I conceive this cycle, the baby will be due 2 days after my B-day. But I really don't think timing will be good. One of my friends joked we should "not try" and than we will end up pregnant.

Missy - I met my DH on Match. It looks like we have a lot of online daters here. Online dating is just like the real world, there are some shady people out there and some good ones.

Jas - so sorry for your loss. Give yourself as much time as you need before moving on and trying again.

BrightSpot - The OB/GYN can do some basic stuff. I spent a month one on one with an RE. I think he was disappointed I did not go into OB/GYN, but I think I got a lot of practical knowledge about fertility from that rotation. I can tell you how he approached things if you are interested.

lulu - thanks for sharing your experience

HOT - I guess you will be starting your 2WW soon, good luck!

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

Hi Ladies! Sorry to go AWOL, I had an unfortunate accident with my iphone last weekend and it is now sitting in a bag of rice and I lay my hands on it and pray for it to get better everynight. It makes it hard to catch up with you ladies with out my trusty side-kick :roll:

Clairitek- Sorry about your shorter cycle this month. I know how puzzeling cycles can be. I had AF show up early while I was on a cruise earlier this year, needless to say it put a damper on the vacation. The next cycle was right back to normal though. That AF just really wants to get in the way sometimes. :blackeye:

Missy- Hi cycle buddy :wavey: I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation. I hope your BIL's new GF is not as unfortunate as she seems to be on paper ;-) I have my fingers crossed for a BFP for you next week!!

Lizzy - Hi cycle buddy!! :wavey: :wavey: I am really pulling for you lady! I really hope you get a BFP this weekend and I will hopefully be just a day behind you! Fingers crossed and eagle pose in place.

HOT - Wow you are rocking the BDing! You go girl! I hope you can catch your egg. You crack me up with the oyster comments, but if my DH even remotely liked them I would be trying them too! I try to ply him with chocolate and gummy bears instead :naughty:

AMC - I too met my DH on match! I think it makes sense that so many of us are searching for TTC info in the same way we found our mates! I have always thought that the internet is a glorious thing :razz:

Jas - Hi there! :wavey: It is nice to meet you! I love your snarkyness and look forward to more of it! I hope your lady bits get with the program for you soon!

S&I - Good luck on the BDing!! I hope you catch that egg. That pic of Pixie is just adorable and I just want to snuggle her. Thanks for sharing!

PPM - Hi there :wavey: that is a mighty fine chart you have! Sorry about the stupid PMS symptoms coming back :evil: I did google that Annuale skit and died laughing. That made my night! So funny! I would totally go at that cake too!

Bright - Hi there :wavey: I hope your OB/GYN can help shed some light for you and help you decide what the next steps should be for you.

MP - Hugs to you lady, sorry about AF showing up again. I hope that you really enjoy Vegas. It is a very sexy city and it will certainly help put you and DH in the mood! Have a great time!

Stephbolt, ChinaCat and Lulu - Hi there ladies, nice to see more BTDT moms on this board. Good luck on TCC this time around and I hope it is easy-peasy for you!

LitFirecracker - Oh Enjoy San Diego! The weather is just awesome this time of year. My DH and I were thinking about trying to get a weekend there next month if we can work it out. Please pass along anything fun or interesting that you find to do! Hopefully you will get some vacay-BD action since you are so close to O!

Hello to anyone I have missed!!!

AFM - so I am I think at DPO7 right now. I am happy to say that DH was a champ and we were able to get 5 days of BDing out of 6 last week. I am not sure exactly when I O'd (more on that later) so we just tried to cover the bases. I really started to envy you temping and OPKing ladies. I constantly found myself wondering if I had O'd or not and I was going strictly by CM. Well next month (if this one is a bust) I will be definately going for OPKs and maybe starting to temp. I NEED more information. :lol: I maybe able to at least corrolate (sp?) my CM pattern with my Oing so I know better what to expect.

I am trying not to obsess about symptoms but I am failing miserably. I have gone on to twoweekwait.com every day to search for any sort of pattern that might suggest to me that I am pregs...not to hopeful, except today. When I have developed this low grade cramp/ache about three inches to the right of my belly button. It is probably nothing but I can't stop getting my hopes up... I'm not sure when I am going to test. Probably monday or tuesday, AF is supposed to show on Thursday.

That's all for me right now. I hope everyone is having a great night!

-MM

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

S&I- You're new addition to the family is adorable! I had a Bichon Frise growing up and I remember how soft and cuddly she was as a puppy. What do you have? A Lhasa Apso or a mix? Those OPK strips look fantastic! I'll have to remember the ziploc baggie next time I use them (I guess in about a week and a half...). Maybe they won't gross DH out as much!

Jas- I hope your spotting stops soon!

AMC- Thanks for the bus information! I need to revisit the bus option. Its rare that I don't have a ride with my coworker and I've been making DH drive me to work and I'll BART home on those days that I can't get a ride. I work on the West side of Dublin so I will have to see where the bus would drop me off.

Stephbolt- I keep forgetting about that whole hand-me-down maternity clothing thing! We are similar size, for sure! When you come out here in September we should browse the maternity clothes consignment store a few blocks from my house. They look like they have some nice stuff in there!

MM- Oh no about your iPhone! I've managed to smash my screen on my first one and was lucky enough to get a hand-me-down from DH's uncle who upgraded to the 4 and didn't want to bother selling his 3G. I have passed my smashed one on to a friend (another PSer, actually) who had hers stolen while she was doing karaoke at a bar. Good luck with getting all of the moisture out! And good luck in the 2WW! Fingers crossed for you to get your BFP!

Lizzy- I am going to stalk this thread like crazy all weekend! 2 days!!!

Missy- I noticed you asked about Stephbolt being in a Ravens/Eagles marriage, too. I've witnessed first-hand the level of her Ravens fandom. Their future children stand no chance to be real Eagles fans, even though they will be raised in Eagles territory. :rodent: I'm in a Pats/Eagles marriage (Sox/Phillies marriage). In my mind our kids will be Pats and Phillies fans. DH is more passionate about baseball and I dislike the Eagles so much that I can't fathom having my child be a fan of both Philly teams. Its a nice compromise, IMO!

BrightSpot- Good luck with your appointment next week. I hope they are able to help you understand whats going on with your cycles.

Nothing exciting on my end. CD2 here! I temped this morning. It's way above my coverline for last month for some reason! I'm antsy about having my friend visit this weekend (in a good way, just excited and anxious for her to get here... she's 33 weeks preggo!) so that might have been revving me up overnight.

I logged into FF this morning to see them plugging their new mobile apps. I just searched on my iPhone for their app and I do see something that wasn't there last time that is new (only has 22 ratings so far compared to the 4000+ ratings on the other one). Downloaded it and the user interface appears to be much better than their first app. Seems easier to sync up your chart with the website based one. That was my issue with the other app. I never was able to get everything from my phone onto the computer and back again all that easily.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/iphone/

They have a page for their Android apps, too.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, only 4 more days until you can test on Tuesday! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Steph, thanks! Are you only testing with the OPKs in the mornings? I was doing that until I finally got a non-faint (medium?) line yesterday morning. I'm glad I took another on yesterday evening, because that one was definitely positive. Yay on the stable temps!

LtlFireCracker, enjoy your weekend in lovely San Diego - 70 degree weather sounds awesome!

Mary, thanks! Pixie gets tons of snuggles from both DH and myself. So sorry about your phone - hope the rice trick works for you! My fingers are crossed for you for that BFP next week.

Clairitek, thanks! I've had her since my last year of grad school around April of 2007, so she's not quite a new addition. :tongue: She's a Pekingese and Pomeranian mix, and a whole 8.7 pounds! My best friends have her sister too so they get to play with each other all the time - we got them together when they were exactly 9 weeks old. You should totally use a ziploc baggie next time. DH was giving me strange looks last night when I was carrying it around the house and taking the picture of it. He even asked me why I kept staring at the tests. :roll: I've been using the FF app with the 22 ratings this cycle and haven't had any problems with it so far.

Lizzy, 2 more days! You have way more patience than I, my friend.

AFM, DH and I did BD last night. My OPK from this morning looks more like yesterday morning's, so I guess that means my surge was definitely last night? Does that mean I Oed some time between 7pm last night and 7am this morning? My temp only went up by 0.2 degrees this morning, so I'm hoping it'll shoot up tomorrow. Do you ladies think I should try to take another OPK and BD again tonight just in case?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1311896156|2979337 said:
We are definitely not big gamblers either, although DH will probably want to play some blackjack just to say he did. I think we may go see the water version of Cirque de Soleil. Thinking of you as you get closer to the D-Day! Eagle pose!

I saw Zumanity a few years ago...it's a Cirque production and is very risque. Really good show and I highly recommend it.

Clairitek said:
AMC- Thanks for the bus information! I need to revisit the bus option. Its rare that I don't have a ride with my coworker and I've been making DH drive me to work and I'll BART home on those days that I can't get a ride. I work on the West side of Dublin so I will have to see where the bus would drop me off.

I logged into FF this morning to see them plugging their new mobile apps. I just searched on my iPhone for their app and I do see something that wasn't there last time that is new (only has 22 ratings so far compared to the 4000+ ratings on the other one). Downloaded it and the user interface appears to be much better than their first app. Seems easier to sync up your chart with the website based one. That was my issue with the other app. I never was able to get everything from my phone onto the computer and back again all that easily.

No problem! Ugh, I don't miss commuting at all. But as crappy as the Bay Area is, it's not nearly as bad as San Diego. Traffic down there is HORRIBLE.

Thanks for the heads up on the new app. I use the old one and haven't had problems, but I'm always looking for something newer and better :)

S&I said:
Missy, only 4 more days until you can test on Tuesday! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

So exciting!!

Funny story from the home front- My fiance and I were talking about the wedding/cruise last night. He said he was so excited for everything. I told him he is going to have a great time, especially since his best friends will be there. He mentioned something about how he's going to try to be at least mildly drunk the whole time (he isn't a big drinker normally). I told him he better not be since I "need" him and his services :naughty: He said "yeah but you know how I am at night anyway, as soon as I lay down I'm out." (which is true and SO annoying...the boy can sleep anywhere, anytime...thanks to his time in the USMC) So he said "we'll just have to get it on in the mornings...hey, isn't that supposed to be better for baby making anyway?" It makes me so happy that he's as excited (well, maybe not quite) as this whole journey as I am :)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Happy Friday, everyone!

amc, did you try on your dress? Do you love it? So exciting! I wound up hanging my dress on the back of hubby's closet (he installed a special hook for me) so I wouldn't have to squish it into my closet. So much for mystery! That's so cute that your FI is planning for AM honeymoon BD-ing. I did read somewhere that swimmers like it in the morning.

MP, DH & I aren't really gamblers either. We saw Zumanity a couple of years ago too & it was a fun show (risque though). Any progress on your insurance? I switched mine sooner than I wanted to, but had to do it before August to make the enrollment period (it was that or wait a year).

S&I--your OPK looks great! Did you have a nice evening? :naughty: I suppose it doesn't hurt to BD again tonight, right? Hopefully your temp will rise tomorrow. Thanks for the info on testing. It always helps to know what to expect. How did your bloodwork & ultrasound go? (sorry if I missed this--it's hard to keep up!)

Missy, fingers crossed for you!

Steph, glad to hear your temp has leveled out a bit.

LtlFirecracker, have a wonderful weekend with your DH in San Diego! I met my DH on Match as well. I'd love to hear more about how the RE you worked with approached things if you have time to post.

Mary, so sorry to hear about your iphone! What happened? It sounds like you & your hubby definitely covered your bases this month. Sending you lots of dust & hope the cramping was a little implantation action!

Clairitek, have fun with your friend this weekend! Did you have a restless night's sleep? That might cause a higher temp.

So, I'm looking at that twoweekwait website & thinking of Lizzy as someone posted being really thirsty as a tww symptom. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Brightspot, I'll have to check out the twoweekwait website! You are too funny! My OB ran blood work for progesterone, FSH, LH, blotting disorders, chromosome check on myself and DH, and an ultrasound. Hope that helps!

AMC, sounds like you and FI are ready for action on your wedding/honeymoon! What a nice souvenir that would be!

S&I, you usually O 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. I usually O the day after, so based on you having another positive this morning, I would say you are going to ovulate tonight or early tomorrow! If you can BD tonight, I would!

Clairitek, I promise to update you all over the weekend! I hope I have good news!

MM, you and DH definitely got a lot of BD'ing in! I hope you get your BFP!!! When will you test?

ltlfirecracker, enjoy your San Diego trip!

Steph, any luck on the OPK today? How long are your cycles usually?

Missy, how did the conversation between your DH and BIL go?

Monkey, you will love O, the water Cirque show! It was awesome! I have seen a couple of regular cirque shows and they are great but they are all basically the same thing you know? But the water one is just too cool!!! I saw it probably 8 years ago and I remember getting their signature frozen drink. It has alcohol in it and it was huge!!! I was feeling really good by the time I got out of there!

PPM, your post totally cracked me up on FF making you feel bad about your love life!!! It is hard to find time when you have guests! I know what you mean!

Jas, remind me again of how far along you were when you had your loss? I did not experience the spotting at all. It was basically just a heavy flow (very clotty) and it lasted for about 5 days. I hope it ends soon for you so you can move on.

AFM, 9dpo! I am trying to hold out till Sunday to test! I'm pretty calm actually. The only "symptoms" or "changes" that I have noticed is that I've been thirsty, my nose has been stuffy, I've been running hot, and I feel I have been feeling a little off. But who knows? I'm trying not to get too worked up! Oh, and it's my birthday today! I hope get a BFP followed by continued good news!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot, my bloodwork came back normal and they found some some fibroids on my uterus during the ultrasound, but my OB said the size and location of them were nothing to worry about. The ultrasound technician called me a "negative" case, pretty much saying nothing was wrong with me. That's why I'm not planning on getting the HSG dye test until after DH does the SA, if this cycle is still a bust.

Lizzy, I was thinking that my OPK from this morning was negative, since it was lighter than the control line - about the same as my almost-positive yesterday morning, if my memory serves me correctly. I guess I will just try to BD tonight anyways.
:appl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :appl: Looking forward to seeing the results of your HPT on Sunday!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

lizzy, happy birthday!!! :appl: Do you have fun plans to celebrate? I'm hoping for a BFP birthday gift for you. Please keep us posted.

S&I, that's great that you're "a negative." Hopefully soon you'll be a positive! :cheeky:

Thanks to you both for posting info on what tests to expect.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Missy- that's one crazy story about you BIL that you have there! Hopefully your holiday won't be messed around too much by having this new girl there. You never know, after reading how many of these lovely ladies have met their DHs on that site, she may be really nice and turn out to be your new future SIL.

S&I - those are some good looking pee sticks you have there! Very cute puppy too. :)

China - I have a baby planning app that has a fortune cookie on it and tells you if/ when you will be fertile and also says if it's going to be a boy or a girl. I may have to go find the stop light app. My DH may understand that one :cheeky: my daughter has just turned 11 and I also have a nearly 17 year old step daughter. It's gonna be a big age gap! What is GOTF? I haven't seen that acronym used often, (I think it was popular a few years ago maybe)

Claritek - I remember when I first came off of BC I had one very short cycle of 21 days thrown in just for fun. Went back to a relative normal after that. The body is weird sometimes!

Lizzy - thanks :) he he, glad you are feeling so zen and are holding out to test. The anticipation would be killing me. I have no idea when I normally O, just trying to cover all the bases but see below for more on that! Oh, and happy birthday!

Jas - oh I'm sorry, I hope the spotting stops altogether soon!

PPM - nice chart!

Bright spot - glad to see that you are covered with the insurance, good luck at the dr, sorry I'm no help with what to expect with testing, the other ladies have given you some great insight. Um, not sure when I o'ed, (more below)

MP - seeing a cirque de soleil show sounds awesome. I've only ever seen one, it was pretty awesome.

Steph - I love the idea of hand me down mat clothes, you girls could save a heap of money buy sharing a wardrobe while preggo.

LtF - thanks, I guess I will consider myself in the 2ww tomorrow, where a bouts are you staying/living at the moment? I have read that you are your DH are long distance or am I getting that wrong?

Merry- I drowned my iPhone in my leather handbag when my entire water bottle emptied out into it. The phone was completely submerged. I dried it off and dried it out, hoped and prayed and turned it on and everything was right with the world again! I hope yours does the same. Hmm I wish my DH would plaster me with chocolate and gummy bears! Hey, 5/6 for you is no snooze fest either lady! When do you plan to test?

Ok a quick afm as I'm running late for work...

All the questions about when did I O got me thinking that I really want to know when I O so I caved and looked on Australian eBay and found some chick selling 30 OPKs for $9 in Tasmania. So random that they are in Tasmania. Anyway, they should be here next week and I'm looking forward to cracking them out. :)
DH called me at work and requested oysters for dinner (no word of a lie!) so I called my oyster lady and arranged that. I feel like she is like my crack dealer or something the way I was sneaking around at work making the call to arrange a meeting. He he ;-)

So I think I had some o pains yesterday and we BD'ed again this morning so I think that covers it. Cd's 11, 12, 13, 15, and 17. Maybe tomorrow as well just in case I'm ovulating late or something.

Ok I am super late for work, but it's a Saturday morni g and I don't care! Have a great weekend ladies.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree|1311985418|2980198 said:
Merry- I drowned my iPhone in my leather handbag when my entire water bottle emptied out into it. The phone was completely submerged. I dried it off and dried it out, hoped and prayed and turned it on and everything was right with the world again! I hope yours does the same.

HOT, I did exactly the same thing except with a travel mug of peppermint tea...apparently "leakproof" doesn't account for user stupidity, haha. I freaked out, then blasted it with a hairdryer on low heat for about an hour. It spoke funny languages for awhile and gave me all sorts of strange messages I couldn't read (being in said foreign languages) but eventually decided it wanted to live. There's a tiny bit of screen distortion left over, but it's otherwise perfectly fine! It's amazing what they can bounce back from, isn't it?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, happy belated birthday to you! Hope you fun day with your DH and son! Thinking of you lady! I so, so, so hope to hear good news from you tomorrow!

HOT, hopefully you won’t even need those OPKs after all the BD’ing you did this time around! I want OPKs from Tasmania : )

Brightspot, when is your appointment? Please report back what you find out, as I have a feeling I will be doing the same thing in just over a month. Insurance news is not good. My insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments or testing. Awesome. I’m hoping the doctor will be able to code it for a separate health reason. I mean spotting before AF could be a medical issue separate from fertility, right? Ugh. We’ll pay what we have to pay, but it will be a really big bummer if I require extensive treatment.

S&I, just because your OPK faded doesn’t necessarily mean you ovulated, so it definitely wouldn’t hurt to get a little more BD’ing. When I was temping, it seemed like I O’d two days after my surge.

Clairitek, your temps will probably be higher and a bit erratic for the next few days, and then they’ll stabilize before you O. I was going to start temping again this cycle, but I’m so out of the habit that it hasn’t happened the last few mornings. It used to be like second nature.

Mary, looking for symptoms comes with the territory. It’s so hard not to obsess, so I’ve given up trying : ) Crossing my fingers for you! Not to many more days to wait!

Firecracker, hoping you are able to get some BD’ing at the right time! A lot of people say the whole “it will happen when you’re not trying” thing. I don’t know about you, but once you decide you want a baby it’s kind of hard to not think about it and not “try.”

Missy, how are you doing lady? Just a few more days to go for you too!

Steph, if your temps are stabilizing that might be a good sign that O is on the way!

I’m feeling like such an old lady right now. I had to get up early this morning to file a document in a case I’m working on, and I was hunched over trying to make sure I had done everything correctly, and I’m guessing I was kind of tensing my neck. Anyway, when I was done, I stood up and stretched, and oh my gosh, something snapped, crackled or popped in my neck, and now I cannot hold my head up straight without crying. It’s got to get better soon, right? Wow, am I ever a mess lately!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I can’t do much else but lounge around today, I’ll be checking in again to see if there is any news!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

HOT, thanks cycle buddy! You and your DH have done a lot more BDing this cycle than me and my DH, so hopefully you will get a BFP soon! That's so funny that you have an oyster lady - I love it! Are you planning on temping along with using the OPKs next cycle, if this one isn't a BFP? I think I might have felt some O pains around my left ovary yesterday afternoon as well. Strange because I don't think I've ever felt anything like that, but who knows, it could have just been gas. :lol:

MP, I hope your neck feels better soon - it sounds painful! DH and I did get another BD session in last night, but I'm not sure if it was all that effective. I really hope that the BD session we had the night of my LH surge catches that egg.

Lizzy, just 1 more day! Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

AFM, I had my temp jump up to 97.9 this morning, which would match my average coverline of 97.6, so I really hope I get 2 more high temps in the next 2 days. If that happens, I guess my O day would have been yesterday - 1 day after my LH surge, making today 1DPO for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results