carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Emma - Welcome!

NEL and LC - Boo for those pesky Aunts. I'm glad you guys got a couple things sorted out this cycle and I hope that this next one is the one.

MP - If I've been following correctly you're 10dpo today. When do you expect AF to arrive if she decides to make her appearance (though I hope she stays away)?

Lizzy - keep trucking girl! I hope you get some good news next weekend.

Pancake - the salivary OPKs sound very interesting.

AFM - CD10 and I am now armed with a basal thermometer... That's right, I'm charting this cycle. Question for you charters out there. Do you take your temp while you're still in bed or do you get up and take it first thing in the bathroom (or wherever)?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Welcome Emma! That's great that you already started charting, so you will know what is normal for you and what it isn't. I hope your time on this thread is short.

Brown, you are correct, I am 10 dpo. I'm a little frustrated because I feel kind of crampy and bloated and like AF is on the way. Still hoping for an unexpected surprise, and I should know either way sometime this weekend.

As to your temping question, you should plan to take your temp right when you wake up and before you get out of bed. Once you get up or start moving around, your temperature will not be as accurate.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1305289863|2920572 said:
One last thing--I always thought my LP was 14 days, but now I think it's 13. This is my first month of charting, previously I would count my + OPK as O day and go from there, so it does make sense that my LP is a day shorter than expected. See, you learn something every cycle! I'm glad to be using OPKs and charting this cycle, I think it will make things much more clear for me!

Your LP can vary by a day or so! Your LP is likely somewhere between 12 and 14 days, since ovulation estimates and temp shifts are not sooooo accurate. The best indicator is the temp drop, it means AFs is coming!

You learned something else important this cycle -- your post-O temps are in the 99 range, NOT the 98 range! I think your fake out O taught you that. The *range* of post-O temps is typically constant, so look at your temps in your 2ww this cycle and try to determine a low point, then you know you have not really O's until the temps hit that point at least. That will help a lot and avoid fake outs in future.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Brown you should take your temp at the same time every day and before you move around at all. Reaching to grab the thermometer is all the movement you want pre-temp! :rodent:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Monkey, any news??

Brown, I do not temp so I am no help there. But it sounds like you are even more armed and dangerous now!!! ;-)

Emma, welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

NEL, sorry about CD1, but O kind of like snuck up on you last cycle. Hopefully, this cycle will be more predictable for you so you can be ready for it!

AFM, I am 5dpo. Late last night I had cramping and felt bloated. It was weird. I wonder if it is due to ovulation or maybe even implantation but it seemed kinda early for implantation. Who knows?! I'm trying not to read into it too much as it is possible that I didn't even ovulate this cycle. But I certainly am hoping it means a sticky BFP! I get to sleep late on Saturday mornings and I slept till 10:30am, which is very late for me!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, wow! how do you sleep in with a 2yo son?? That's one thing all my friends who are parents say. First thing you get to kiss goodbye, Lazy sleeping in mornings. ;( And I don't even sleep in much. I still can't wait to get pregnant though. :bigsmile:

Monkey??? What's the word, sister?

NEL, HAPPPPPYYYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy time with the family!

Not much going on yet. Acupuncture on Tuesday. Sis asked me, "How long do you think you'll go to acupuncture for?" Answer: Until I get pregnant. Hopefully it's not long.

Hi ladies! Coming out of lurkdom to join this thread. I used to post a little bit on the newborn-12 months thread. I have an almost 14 month old girl and we are now trying for #2. I thought I was 1 and done but have now given into the thought of a sibling for my daughter.

Just wanted to give a little background to give hope to those with long, irregular cycles that you can get pregnant and have a healthy baby. I have never taken BCP and have always had long irregular periods (2-4 times a year). I was extremely worried that I would have a very difficult time in getting pregnant. I read this thread and saw the rec for TCOYF so I read that and joined FF and started taking my temp. The first cycle we tried, I ovulated on CD64 and got my period on CD75 (I'm guessing I ovulated bc of temp shift). I did use OPKs but the ones bought at Target and with a cycle that long, it got expensive and I stopped well before my supposed ovulation.

On my second cycle, I ovulated on CD20! I was SHOCKED! I had a nice temp shift and when my temp stayed high on DPO12, I had a gut feeling to test. Boy was I shocked to see a pink tint on the $tree test, bc I had only seen white blank BFN the cycle before. I backed it up with a FRER and confirmed with the CBE digital. I had an easy pregnancy, fairly easy labor and now a very social and easy toddler.

Looking to join this thread to give and get some support as it's difficult to express my excitement when I get a +OPk or my disappointment to friends when AF arrives. CD2 today.

LC: Hope the acupuncture will do the trick and give you a more regular cycle!

NEL: Happy Birthday!

Lizzy: Your strength amazes me! I hope this cycle will bring you a sticky bean!

MP: Hope you have good news!

:wavey: to everyone else that I may have missed. Can't seem to scroll back to read other posts. Look forward to sharing BFPs with you all!
(my sn use to be curiousaboutdiamonds as I was really curious about diamonds when I first joined)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Welcome Ally!

Sorry Lizzy and LC, no news either way yet for me. I figured out that AF is expected tomorrow rather than today like I initially thought, so if AF doesn't show tomorrow, I will probably test on Tuesday. But if I actually thought I might be pregnant, you better bet I would've tested already. I have had on and off cramps and my typical signs that AF is on the verge.

DH and I already talking about getting busy in about a week and not stopping until we are sure I have O'd. I always sort of assumed that I wanted to get pregnant more than he does and that he doesn't feel the same disappointment I do, but I realized this weekend that he really had his hopes up that this was our month, and he is just trying to stay positive and strong for me. Granted we have not been trying that long, but it is just really frustrating that we have timed it well three months in a row with no results.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Katy and Lizzy, I would be overjoyed if either of you gets your BFP this month!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

LC, Saturdays are my days to sleep in. My DH gets up with my DS for me so that I can sleep late. I am a SAHM so I usually have the duties to get up with my little man every morning, so Saturdays are my mornings to rest! Luckily, my DS is a very good sleeper. He goes to bed on the late side around 8:30-9pm and sleeps straight thru till 7:30-8am. So I don't usually have to get up too early on a regular basis anyways. but I love that my DH does this for me! And he gets to sleep late on Sunday. So it works out that we each have a weekend morning to rest!

Ally, welcome! We are all here for support. Glad to hear you got pregnant relatively quickly with your first even with the long cycles. I hope it happens quickly for you this time around too!

Monkey, you are a strong lady holding out to test. I get trigger happy around 10dpo and have to pull out the tests! I hope AF does not show up for you tomorrow.

AFM, 6dpo. Super sleepy today. I took a nap after a long baby shower this morning. It is rainy and cloudy here today so it is a sleepy kind of day though. I also had a wicked headache this afternoon. Still could be any reason for that though, so I am trying to not get my hopes up. But I have all fingers and toes crossed!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy Ahhhh sleep ins are the best! My husband also lets me sleep in on the weekends (I sneak in more sleep ins now being pregnant, remember that trick eh? ;)) ) and I love it. So LC there is hope to sleep in when you have kids! Just not until they are about 2 and only if you have a saint of a husband ::)

I "let" him go golfing a couple times a month as his reward 8)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Emma and Ally, welcome to you both! It's always nice to see a new face on this thread!

brown_eyes, you're probably close to Oing by now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. And I hope the charting is going well! Like the others have said, I take my temp before doing anything. Basically, as soon as my eyes open I reach for my thermometer.

Dreamer, I didn't realize my LP was flexible by a day or so. That's good to know, too! Thanks!

Lizzy, you're getting closer and closer to testing :) You and MP are bringing up the rear of our 2WW pack and I'm hoping you both get BFPs!

LC, happy birthday to you today!! How did the party turn out yesterday? Good luck with accupuncture tomorrow!

MP, I completely understand not getting too excited when you're only symptoms are feeling bloated and being crampy, but you never know! I'm still hoping for the best!

AFM, CD4 with nothing exciting happening. I fly back to Boston today and am not looking forward to going back to work!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, crossing my fingers for you. Are these things that you're feeling similar to how you feel when you are pregnant?

NEL, hope you had a nice birthday and long weekend. Always harder to go back to work after a vacation.

LC, happy birthday!

AFM, CD1 as expected. Fortunately with my short cycles, I should be ovulating again in another 11 or so days, so we'll just have to try again.

Hope you all have a good start to the week.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Ally - Welcome!

I am loving all the new faces on this thread!

NEL - happy belated birthday! Hope your trip went well. I can totally understand not wanting to go back to work.

LC - happy birthday!

Lizzy - I'm hoping you get a BFP this month! I'm curious about all the cramping.

MP - Argh for CD 1! I'm glad you're looking on the bright side.

Dreamer - thanks for answering all our questions! You're a great resource around here!

AFM - CD 13. Forgot to do my OPK when I woke up, so I'll be doing that later this morning. Not expecting a positive until tomorrow though. I feel like with temping and OPK's I have to really be on the ball as soon as my alarm goes off. DH and I are trying to BD as much as possible until FF confirms that I've ovulated. I would love this to be our month as our anniversary is this weekend. Fingers crossed!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

So I think I jinxed myself raving about how well my little man sleeps. This morning he decided to wake up at 6am and yell "dog" from his crib. One of his plush dogs was on the floor in his room and he was standing up in his crib yelling "dog dog?"!! i went in there, gave him his dog and tried to rock him back to sleep but he was wide awake at that point!!! Ready to start the day.... :)

Dreamer, I also "let" my husband go golfing when he wants too. ha ha! I really like our system in that I sleep late on Saturday mornings and DH sleeps late on Sunday mornings. I know I am not a working mom (God bless you all! I give you so much credit to be able to juggle it all.), but I get to be exhausted by end of week, so I look forward to Friday nights, knowing I will get to sleep in the next morning. :naughty: My DH works from home though so he literally rolls out of bed at like 8:30am and walks down the hall to the office to start his day. So he basically sleeps in every morning!

NEL, happy birthday to you! I hope you had fun on your trip! The weather here in Western Mass is rainy and yucky. I hope your flight into Boston is turbulence free and un-delayed!

Monkey, dammit!! Sorry lady. Good news is that you have short cycles so you'll be gearing up again so soon. Keep your chin up.

Brown, you are doing the EOD method right? I think you will have your bases covered once that egg has been released! Fingers crossed for a lovely anniversary present!

AFM, still sleepy in Massachusetts. This was a sign of pregnancy for me in previous cycles but I'm trying not to think much of it as it literally is the sleepiest kind of weather out here. I am also not sure what the cramping was all about, not even sure if it was related to O or anything like that. But it was weird timing. 4dpo? Not sure what to make of it. Anyways, still chugging along and am pretty emotionally prepared for whatever outcome.

Hey TTC ladies, now that there are some new ladies here, I feel I need a refresher on how long everyone has been TTC. Would it be possible to remind me on your next post. This will be my fifth month trying and have had two early m/c's and one month where I didn't ovulate along the way.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Lizzy - Sorry your little man decided to wake up early today! We're doing at least every other day. Now that we're in the fertile window (watery CM today and getting close to my usual O day) we'll probably ramp it up to every day for a few days. My goal is really not to go more than 48 hours between BDing.

Great idea on the update. This is my 3rd cycle TTC and my first cycle charting.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Good idea Lizzy. I went off BC at the end of February. This will be my 4th cycle of TTC. I'm getting close to qualifying for the other 6 months or more thread, which is disheartening.

Lizzy, I hope you get pregnant just as easily this month, BUT only if it is a sticky one!

Brown, yay! You're at the fun part of the cycle. Sounds like you are making the most of it. Let's hope the third time is the charm for you.

Thanks ladies for your warm welcome!

MP: Boo on CD1. Was hoping you'd kick off the first of the BFPs around here. It's great that you have a supportive DH. Sounds like you have a great game plan for this cycle! Hope this will be the cycle for you guys!

NEL: Have a safe flight back home! Nothing exciting with me either, CD3 for me.

Brown: Fingers crossed you get that +OPK soon. How great would it be to conceive on your anniversary!

Lizzy: I think your attitude for this cycle is great! I am going to steal your "Mama gets to sleep in on Saturdays" system. Such s great system! I have never been able to sleep in except when I was sick.

LC: Happy birthday!

AFM: i'm like NEL, CD3, nothing exciting going on. Have to order some more Wondfos. I'm going to order some digital smiley ones this time. Not sure why I want the digital even though the positives on the Wondfos were pretty obvious. More stuff to pee on I guess :rolleyes:

sba771

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all

LC- I am following everything with the acupuncture with intense interest. I hope you continue updating us.

I hope it is a good week for everyone! Still nothing over here. No period, no BFP, no temp spikes, no LG surges.
I did just make my appt for June to meet with my gyn which is the earliest he said I could go. The receptionist was SO nice and made me feel a lot better. My husband is also thinking about coming as we think this is the appt where we discuss clomid and provera (based on previous talks with the doc). Have any of you ladies had your husbands come to these type of appts? Do you think he should?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01|1305560686|2923052 said:
So I think I jinxed myself raving about how well my little man sleeps. This morning he decided to wake up at 6am and yell "dog" from his crib. One of his plush dogs was on the floor in his room and he was standing up in his crib yelling "dog dog?"!! i went in there, gave him his dog and tried to rock him back to sleep but he was wide awake at that point!!! Ready to start the day.... :)

Dreamer, I also "let" my husband go golfing when he wants too. ha ha! I really like our system in that I sleep late on Saturday mornings and DH sleeps late on Sunday mornings. I know I am not a working mom (God bless you all! I give you so much credit to be able to juggle it all.), but I get to be exhausted by end of week, so I look forward to Friday nights, knowing I will get to sleep in the next morning. :naughty: My DH works from home though so he literally rolls out of bed at like 8:30am and walks down the hall to the office to start his day. So he basically sleeps in every morning!

LOL! toddlers are so funny! Hunter totally does that kind of crazy stuff too, and once he is UP that is the end of that! And you have a much harder job than I have, I was a SAHM for one year and will be again with this new LO for about 9 mo (though Hunter will stay in daycare to keep the spot and our priority for a spot for #2 -- how spoiled eh?) and found it so tiring! Between my flexible hours and daycare I find my lifestyle very managable. Nice to have options in life, eh? My DH also works at home! We converted our garage into his office. So he does not have much to do to get ready either, his commute is about 10 seconds. So nice for family life don't you think? But I am spoiled, I sleep in most days a little bit 8) For a long time my excuse was that it was my compensation for all night BFing for so long, and then it was compensation for being pregnant. We'll see how long I can milk the excuses ;))

OK, no more threadjacking! ::)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, so many newcomers! I love to see this thread grow with new friends :)

Lizzy - You're right behind me in the TWW! My fingers are soooo crossed for you... well, for both of us! :))

LC, NEL, monkey, sorry this wasn't your month.. who knows, we all may be in the same boat all over again.

MP, this was our fourth cycle trying too... my next one would be 5. I keep looking at the 6 months or longer thread with dagger-eyes. NO WANT!!!!!

sba - Never had my hubby at a womanly appt, but we haven't been at this stuff too long. If we were going to discuss "semi-extreme measures" I'd at least want him to hang out in the car/nearby so I could call him in if I wanted to.

ally - welcome, welcome! All you ladies early in your cycles don't have too long to go before the fun BDing starts ;))

Emma - Welcome to you too! I haven't been charting but I'm about to start temping if this cycle wasn't the lucky one! Not sure if I want to shell out for FF though and don't have the motivation to keep track myself so I may just write my temps down in a little book and look for shifts. Hah!

LC - I'm sorry no one got on board with the pig roast :( I feel like no one ever wants to get together when I try to organize something cool either. And I didn't know you were a twin! That's super cool.. my mom is a twin but she and her sister are really not close at all. I suppose there's no real reason a twin SHOULD be any closer than any other sibling, but to an outsider it SEEMS like it should work that way. :))

brown - I hope you get that smiley and that your awesome BD marathon abilities serve you well this cycle!! We never seem to BD as much as I think we should, so... I'm hoping your sperm army is bigger and better than mine!! haha

AFM, this is month 4 of full-on TTC. I'm CD29 (my usual cycle length) and an estimated 10DPO and so far no AF... I'm trying to decide if I want to test tonight or just wait for AF to show up... or clearly not show up. Not sure which would be more disappointing, a negative test or AF!! We'll see if I can distract myself enough tonight to avoid testing til at least tomorrow, since I think I O'd at least one day late so a longer cycle would be totally normal.

I think I've settled down, at least. It's been enough months of trying and failing that I'm kinda resigned to that outcome and I think I might actually be able to handle a visit from AF without getting rip-roaring drunk ;)) Plus I have my mom's visit to look forward to (next week!!!) and a million things at work and home to concentrate on. I've been doing a pretty good job not "counting the days" and staying busy with life, so I just hope I can keep it up long enough to get that baybee! :cheeky:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy & Katy, keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies :)

Monkey, sorry about the CD1, but every cycle is different. So fortunate you have short cycles. :) So sweet you and your DH were talking about this. I'm hoping you guys have some happy egg-chasing. :)

Brown, tell your DH to get his game face on! :)

Ally, welcome and wow! trying for your 2nd! Lizzy is also a mama with a DS.

Lizzy, wow, your DH sounds like such a nice guy to let you sleep in. And WTH, being a SAHM is TOTALY exhausting! I dunno if I'd be able to chase after a 2 y.o. all day.... YIKES! You deserve multiple sleep in days :) Fingers and toes crossed, friend.

NEL, hope you had a good birthday and safe flight. I forget what area are you in? Hope the weather was decent for your birthday. It was sunny but COLD here in Chicago.

sba, I'll keep posting about my acupuncture. One thing the acupuncturist said, that another part of the the fertility treatment is to increase blood flow to the uterus, not just treating for ovulation or long cycles. This will probably mean my AF will be heavier and/or longer. I hope not. I like having light periods. And no my DH has never come to a GYN appt with me. He actually doesn't talk much about the whole Woman Bits in general. I think he likes keeping the mystery...

Dreamer, TOTALLY milk the excuses. and feel free to stop by whenever. It's great getting your insight and experience. :)

Katy, keeping my fingers crossed for you too! Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy. How's your 5K training going?

AFM, I had 1 cycle of really trying, then getting impatient and giving up before I O'd. I don't think I can measure in Monthly increments since my cycles span 2 months or more. I'm on CD6, with an acupuncture appt tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated how that goes. I also plan to pay more attention to CM and other fertility signs. Dunno if I'm going to do OPKs. I started getting super anxious waiting for a =)

So yesterday I had that Half Mararthon I was supposed to do, yeah did the 10K instead. 1. Sis and I have done ZERO training for it. 2. it was M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. out!!!! Like raining, 38F and wind gusting to 20 MPH. I have NO IDEA why I even woke up to go! Man that sucked. Also DH was kind of moody. SERIOUSLY, it's my birthday (sorta, the day before)?!? I cleared out all the books in the office and carried the old bookcase down to garage by myself (see DH's moodiness). So I was mighty annoyed. But my sweetheart girlfriend planned a birthday dinner for Sis and I, so we went over and a few other people showed it. It was EXCELLENT! And my friend was such a sweetie for putting it together last minute. I was telling her I was bummed that no one was coming for our b-day thing. Oh wow, I've got some super pretty light coming in through the window... Wow, sorry about the randomness.

Lastly I'm making the best carrot cake EVER as a combo-birthday and 1 yr at my job cake to bring to work. But for today, I'm making alfajores: dulce de leche cookies. Yum yum!!!!

Thanks, ladies for the birthday wishes. 31, it'd be really nice to have a baby or one on the way this time next year. But I have to say, I don't think I'd want a winter baby. It's way to cold and crappy here in Chicago. Seriously, didn't the universe get the memo that everything is supposed to happen according to my schedule. :rolleyes: :bigsmile: Just kidding!

That's all with me! Hope you ladies have a good week.

~LC

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

LC, glad to hear you had a good birthday dinner! What a slacker you did the 10K instead of the half marathon...NOT!!! That is awesome that you even did the 10K, particularly given the rainy yucky weather situation! It is due to rain here all week and I am missing my daily walks with my little man. Keep us posted on how the acupuncture worked out today.

Katy, did you test this morning??? 11 DPO!!! Keep us posted! Any potential symptoms?

Dreamer, no worries on the threadjacking. I think a little threadjacking is good for us over here TTC! It certainly takes my mind off of the 2ww! I found it so much harder to sleep in when I was nursing my DS. Because if my DH got up with DS and warmed up frozen milk, while I slept in, my BB's were so engorged by the time I woke up! So worth it though... :D

Sba, when I went to the RE, my DH did come with me because we were discussing fertility issues and possible suggestions (i.e. clomid, miscarriages, etc) I feel that if I was just going to my OB for an annual appt or something and wasn't there to discuss getting pregnant then of course my DH wouldn't go. But for any appt's involving "us" trying to get pregnant, things to try, testing options, etc, my husband has always been by my side at the appointments. Getting pregnant involves the both of us. Just my 2 cents!

Ally, you should definitely get one day to sleep in! Are you a SAHM? It can be exhausting entertaining my little guy all day, so I know how it feels by the end of the week!

Monkey, I am right there with you - 5 months TTC (4 cycles really). Last time it only took me 6 months to get pregnant with my DS, so I am crossing my fingers that time will come soon. I am totally in agreement with you that I would love to be pregnant again, but please oh please only if it is a sticky bean! You will get there my friend. It will all be worth it when it happens.

Brown, you are a busy BD's lady over there! Woo Hoo! I hope it all pays off for you!

AFM, 8dpo. I plan on testing Saturday morning, which would put me at 12dpo. I feel like my bb's are a little sensitive but I am trying to not get my hopes up. I want so badly to be pregnant again, but like Monkey says "only if it is a sticky one". I need some good news here!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I really hope this is it for you. You deserve good news! I know you have had several devastating losses, but you are fortunate that you are able to get pregnant fairly easily, and you are definitely due for a sticky one!

LC, I'm glad your birthday turned out fun. I really hope you have a little baby to help you celebrate next year! How did the acupuncture appointment go? I agree about the winter baby thing. Lately I have been thinking it would nice to have a baby in late spring or early summer because my mom and sisters are teachers and they would have time off to come visit me. Obviously, the universe is not yielding to my demands either and I have no control over the timing. I'll take a baby any day of the year and as soon as possible!

Katy, maybe we will both hit the jackpot in our 4th cycles! But I keep reminded myself of the statistics, and most couples are able to get pregnant within a year. We haven't been trying that long in the grand scheme of things.

Sba, let us know the the appointment goes. If you want your husband there, I would definitely bring him. If there is any reason either of you would be uncomfortable he can wait in the waiting room for that portion.

Ally, I use wondfos and CBEs too. There's something about having the digitial confirmation that is comforting.

Brown, you're getting close to O day now!

NEL, hope you made it back safely.

Nothing new with me. CD2. I got a free ovarian reserve test with some of my pregnancy tests, so I am going to take that tomorrow for the heck of it. Just what I need another thing to be neurotic about. Am I ovulating? Are my temps high enough? Is my LP too short? Do I O too soon? Do I have enough eggs? Ha ha, it's so fun living in my head :)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I didn't test!! I'm trying to hold out, because I really feel like AF is just going to come and I don't want to hasten my disappointment! CD30 though and no AF.... I have been super exhausted this week, but also a little sick, so that could be it. And I was getting all gleeful that I didn't seem as gassy as I usually do before AF shows up... and then this evening, I'm a little gassy. Which apparently could be a preggo symptom too. As could the cold symptoms. Ahahaha.

But one way or another, I'll probably test tomorrow AM with FMU if AF hasn't arrived. Then either way, I'll know!! Sigh.

This is enough to drive a woman insane! How do we get through this?! Sheesh.

I hope this is your month for a sticky sticky bean, Lizzy. Fingers and toes are tightly crossed!!

I've been thinking... Do you ladies all tell your hubbies if you're going to POAS? If not, does anyone have cute ideas on how to spring the good news on a DH? I feel kinda weird about saying "OKAY I'M GOING TO FIND OUT IF WE'RE PREGNANT RIGHT NOW!" and I think I'd rather break the news to him in a cute way, but I have no good ideas!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy and Katy, I"m keeping fingers and toes crossed and double crossed for you guys. In fact, maybe an Eagle pose here or there too for good measure. :bigsmile:

Lizzy, I'm a TOTAL slacker for not doing the Half-M. I was all for training and running one for real, but after Sunday, I told Sis that "Running" and I need some space. I need some time to re-evaluate our relationship. Maybe I'll do cycling for a few months. I have this pretty awesome road bike that I *barely* got to use last summer because of our marathon training.

Monkey, On top of the whole crappy weather in the winter and general better timing in the spring, think about ALL THE CUTE OUTFITS!!! I mean C'MON!!!! A little bambino can only wear so many fuzzy wooly winter coats. Ha ha ha! Of course I'm being TOTALLY facetious, well, still sorta mean it but you guys know what I'm talking about. Your cycles are pretty reasonable right? So I guess in a week or so you'll be ramping up for another marathon, eh? :naughty:

Katy, WOW I can't belive you're holding out so long!!! I'm really hoping this is it for you. I told my DH "If I don't get my period this week we might have good news." It didn't pan out for us, but I think I'll let him know either way. As far as around possible ovulation, I tell him, "It'd be nice in the next few weeks we have as much sex as possible." I'm SOO not romantic.... :rolleyes:

Acupuncture was good. I always have the nicest snoozes during my appts. I always wish there was an acupuncture place in The Loop so I can get snoozes during lunch. Sigh, that'd be AWESOME. Anyway, back to the appt, I've been dealing with sciatica on my right side, so he worked on that too. He asked me if I had a timeline or anything to get pregnant. I said, "No, I figure this will happen when it happens." He was pretty happy to hear that, since he said some women are hell-bent on a mission when he sees them. We'll see after a few more cycles if I'm still all ZEN about this :)) So after 13 pricks, in my legs/feet, hands and one one my forehead for relaxation, I snoozed for about 45 mins. I was happily napping so I didn't really feel any trigger points going off. I set a follow up next Friday. Typically DH doesn't drive on Fridays so I should be able to make it to acupuncture. My plan is to come once a week. My goal is to get a shorter cycle this cycle. My previous 3 cycles have been 42 days, 55 days, 65 days. So even if I go down I'll consider it progress.

That's all for me.

~LC, out!

kids-yoga-eagle-pose.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock

LC- So I totally was reading up on PCOS the other day and came across acupuncture for helping cycles. I am definitely looking forward to if you really think it helps you. I probably will try it though. Im willing to try anything at this point!
SBA- Welcome! My cycle(s) have been nutso since I went off BC by a mishap in October… still really haven’t had a real period.. Goodluck!
Emma- Welcome as well! ☺
Dreamer- Thanks for the tip on when to take your temp.. I was wondering the same thing!
Ally- Welcome

~So I had my obgyn appt Friday… I kinda knew what was going to happen and even though I knew it was going to happen I was still upset… Pretty much I have like 14 cysts on one ovary and 15 on the others.. they said like a strand of pearls.. lovely! My lining was normal so that was nice because it wouldn’t force me to use provera right now to get a fake bleed. I had my metformin upped to 2000mg on May 6th, so I really wanted to give it a month to try to work before I did the provera. I know why they want me to take the provera… but in the end I don’t think it helps us because im still not ovulating.. I just really don’t even know what to do at this point. What would any of you do? At one point I was going to temp but then I kept doing it and no period so I stopped. I also have some of the ovulation test strips that I bought.. My dr said when we really want to go full force at it she would put me on clomid, but I want to do everything in my power to try to do everything natural but im just so emotional I guess and just have no idea what to do /where to start! Rarrghhh :razz:
*Sorry I am still trying to get used to all of the ttc lingo and catching up to everyone! ☺

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

BlondeBunny - I'm sorry for your disappointment. I know what you mean - you didn't necessarily expect anything different, but you had hoped that it would be better news.

Katy - you are a patient lady!

liang_chi - hope this cycle is a better (shorter one) for you.

I came off the OCP 4 weeks ago now and still no sign of ovulating. I know it's super-early in the game, and being medical myself I am armed with loads and loads of info that tells me this is normal, but I can't help being disappointed in my body! Come on, pituitary!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

LC - I'm not THAT patient!! Ahaha. And it sounds like you're loving the acupuncture... I hope it helps!!

BlondeBunny - Sorry you didn't get better news :(( At least you know for sure what you're dealing with, and I'm sure you'll be able to work around it when you're really ready to go for it!

AFM... I broke down and I did test this morning! Not so patient after all, hahahaha. I figured better to know one way or the other, right?!

And....

I STILL DON'T KNOW!! CD31 and no AF yet... in 3 years I've only had one cycle go to 32 days and a couple to 31. I thought it was negative, but then I thought maaaaaybe I saw a suuuuuper faint line? But I can't figure out if I imagined it or if I could only see it because I wanted to...?

So I guess I'll be waiting at least another day before I test again and maybe two if I can handle it?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

KatyWI|1305720869|2924697 said:
LC - I'm not THAT patient!! Ahaha. And it sounds like you're loving the acupuncture... I hope it helps!!

BlondeBunny - Sorry you didn't get better news :(( At least you know for sure what you're dealing with, and I'm sure you'll be able to work around it when you're really ready to go for it!

AFM... I broke down and I did test this morning! Not so patient after all, hahahaha. I figured better to know one way or the other, right?!

And....

I STILL DON'T KNOW!! CD31 and no AF yet... in 3 years I've only had one cycle go to 32 days and a couple to 31. I thought it was negative, but then I thought maaaaaybe I saw a suuuuuper faint line? But I can't figure out if I imagined it or if I could only see it because I wanted to...?

So I guess I'll be waiting at least another day before I test again and maybe two if I can handle it?
Faint line?? Katy, I wish I could show you my faint line. It didn't even show in photographs! I thought I was hallucinating! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh Katy, I'm in the eagle pose with LC in hopes that you saw a super faint line. I'll definitely be checking in first thing in the morning!

Lizzyann, same for you!! I'm sending good vibes and dust and anything I can your way. I want so badly for you to get good news...without any trailing bad news. Not much longer of a wait for you!

LC, I think you should be proud of the 10K! Good for you! And can I just tell you how jealous I am of your pastry-making skills? I'm craving cake for breakfast now. When we got the BFN this month I tried to focus on all the positives--now it will be easier to go home for Christmas, etc. So I'm totally with you on the "think positive thoughts when getting a BFN" train of thought.

sba, are you still in the dark about where you are in your cycle? As for your DH accompanying you to your appt., I'm with Lizzyann in that if you guys are discussing strategy around fertility, I would want him there. If it's just a checkup, defintely not, but anytime there is a discussion about what to do for your future, I think it's good for him to be able to ask the doc questions.

Blondebunny, I'm so sorry the news is bad. My sister also had 10+ cysts on each ovary and ovulated very spontaneously. She decided to just go for the clomid once she was ready. As others' have said: it stinks that the news is bad, but now that you know exactly what you're dealing with, at least you can create a plan.

MP, I'm so jealous of your short cycles!! I'm wishing you lots of luck this cycle!

AFM, nothing exciting--hanging out at CD6. Do you ladies waver back and forth between being patient and impatient? Last cycle when I got my BFN and then AF, I wasn't disappointed at all. I thought "Hey, it's only my 30th b-day, if it takes us a bit of time to get pregnant, it's fine. Life is good!". But then this morning a coworker of mine announced she's pregnant and is having a boy and I envied her so much and suddenly became really disappointed that I'm not pregnant. I'm assuming it's normal and hopefully DH and I will have more success this cycle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results