shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, EBree!! And hang in there, Lisa -- it looks really promising.
36.gif

We''re now officially TTC, so I''ll probably be hanging out here more.
9.gif
I think I''m close to ovulating right now.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much ephemery, anchor and Bleinheim!

Lisa- any news today? I''m so sorry you''re having to wait like this. Sending a ton of sticky vibes your way!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Welcome Blenheim! Happy BDing!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Game Over Guys
emsad.gif

At least for last cycle.

Wasn''t going to post but saw all the hopeful posts: NF, Dreamer, Amber, Lovely, BB, Blenheim and Ebree. Much appreciated and needed.

AF came about 20 mins ago w/ a vengence! I cried eventhough we weren''t "officially" preggers. Or were we?
I realized how invested I became and how draining the whole TTC process can be and I haven''t even started ART yet.

I had been cramping most of today (past week) and things just haven''t felt right down there.

It got so bad tonight I had to lie down for a long time.

I''m actually relieved since that beta yesterday. I think this was a chemical preg/m-c.
Leave it to me to buck the whole faint pink line is positive question. A false positive is rarely heard of.
I think I''ll write to the manufacturers of EPT, Answer, Target Brand and First Response to get my $$ back!

Going to rely on the betas for now.

I called the clinic as it is CD 1 and we are going forward w/diagnostics for assesment.

They are going to do bloodwork on both of us in the next 3 days, a semen analysis and HSG at some point this month.
Miraculously diagnostics are all covered by insurance!

Perhaps we''ll start a stim protocol the following cycle. IUI/Clomid w/injectibles.

I am actually happy that my body knows what to do. It would totally suck going for several weeks and then get declining betas and wind up w/ a D&C.

Anyway, u youngin''s don''t have to worry about any of this yet so sorry if this sounds horrifying (well it sorta is).

Hope all is well on the TTC front or early pregnancy front, or thinking about TTC front for everyone.

This is such a wonderful, fascinating time.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Aweee...sorry to hear Lisa.
Good luck with the diagnostics.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Lisa, I''m so sorry about the outcome.
7.gif
I can''t imagine how you''re feeling, but I''m hoping the upcoming tests will all be helpful in helping you guys conceive soon.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Lisa, I''m so sorry to hear that. Keep loving that adorable munchkin that you''ve got and another one will come along real soon to join in the fun! Did you guys conceive without help for Olivia? I hear that sometimes just the prospect or act of going to get fertility checked out by your doctor can jumpstart a pregancy. It''s going to work out sooner or later when the time is right. Sending positive thoughts and hopes your way.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''m so sorry. Big hugs to you.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, I''m so sorry. Big hugs to you!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, so sorry to hear this!
7.gif
Onward and forward sounds like a good direction. But stop and do something nice for yourself today. And hug your daughter extra tight.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa--
Just checking in to see how you were doing. I''m really sorry to hear this. Good luck with those tests, and yes, definitely go do something nice with your adorable daughter.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a little late with this but Congrats Ebree!

Well, it didn''t happen for us this month either. I''m on CD4 now. Hopefully this month will work out!
So, I guess I''ll be enjoying sushi and bud light for a few more weeks anyway!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''m so sorry for your loss and the hurt and dissapointment you must feel. Like Indy said, do something nice for yourself today, let your hubby bring you warm tea and snuggle your little munchkin.

I can''t help but wonder if there is something to be said for *not* testing early, and perhaps avoiding some of the heartache... but even without knowing, would it have been any less disappointing when AF came? I doubt it.
8.gif
A surprising number of conceptions end pre-AF''s due time (like 1 in 6 I read?)

Have faith, I just know things will work out for you! You''ll be getting so much information and help since you are seeing the RE, and that is such a good thing, I know you want this so badly. I want it for you!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I have to tell you guys this: Today fertility friend confirmed that I ovulated on May 14, I am now 3 DPO. I am so relieved! All month I have been worrying that maybe I don't ovulate, not for any good reason, but I still worried. So it is such a load off my shoulders to see the bi-phasic temperature shift and to know that things are working properly!

Phew.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am so so so sorry to hear that. Big big HUGS HUGS HUGS going out to you.

But I AM going to say something for everyone's benefit here: TRUE false positives are virtually non-existent in pregnancy tests. When you get something like what happened here there are 2 possible things going on.

1. You had a very early "miscarriage". As you mentioned, it likely was a chemical pregnancy, the embryo never implanted correctly, etc.

2. Some ovarian cysts and cancers omit small amounts of HGC. Since you JUST had a scan, I am sure this isn't it, but it is a possibility for some women who get a faint + pregnancy test and are not pregnant.

So for all you ladies out there, it is VERY VERY VERY common for #1 to happen. They estimate that as many as 50% of "pregnancies" end that way (these estimates vary widely since most women don't know this happened, but thus it might be an underestimate!). And they are even more likely to as you get older. This is the problem with the super duper early pregnancy tests, because if you hadn't tested so early you would have just gotten AF a few days late and never have known. So I think there is some emotional value in not testing super early.

BUT that being said, the great news is that if #1 happened, you DID GET PREGNANT! Which is half the battle, and means that you CAN get pregnant and probably will again soon!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LIsa, I just wanted to say I''m sorry- Hugs to you. I know it is disappointing and so hard to go through this rollercoaster- I am glad you have so many supportive friends here at PS. Here''s to moving forward with all of the RE stuff you are going to do!!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Goodmorning girls.

Still achy and disappointed but, hey it's a new cycle!

NF - Thanks for clarifying the early +/m/c info. Please no one take for gospel what happens for one person. Each of our
bodies responds differently to pregnancy hormones, implantation, HPT, etc. And yes, I have probably m/c early before
like 2 months ago when my crazy cycle was 30 days (I was peeing on sticks all neg.) from the usual 22-26! It was a strange period too.
One nice thing to know, or maybe not is that HPT's can detect frighteningly small amounts of HCG! I got those super faint lines at 4.7 miu!!!!!
Most claim to be sensitive to 20miu and up.

DD- I agree w/ u about early testing - beware. However, in my case the earlier the better as I am on 1 cat. D and 1 cat. C med.
I have to find out as early as possible in my particular case. BTW so glad you O'd hope this is "the one" fingers & everythiong else crossed.

Ebree - You are so sweet. How are u feeling these days? Do u have a EDD yet?

Tiffany - I do feel rejuvenated w/ this being a "new" cycle. Keeping fingers crossed for u!

IG - Great suggestion. I will do something nice for myself today although I feel run over by a truck. And the munchkin always lifts my spirits w/ her chananigans (sp).

Lili - The diagnostics will hopefully tell us more. Apparently the HSG can have very "therapuetic" effects on conceiving. It flushes out the whole enchilada.

Amber - I can't believe that the tests are covered by insurance. Insurance will cover "infertility DX" but no TX! Figures.

Sunkist - We conceived naturally w/ Olivia - saw her follicle on US and BD and bam! I was hopefull that would happen here as well.
Thanks for the pos. vibes.

Erica - I hope this doesn't scare you away from TTC. I'm old (39) and have had surgery for monster cyst and rt. ovary doesn't work. So I'm not at all
the healthy norm here.

Pave - Yes so much support here especially since DH isn't handling this too well. And we didn't even get out of the gate.

Sorry for dominating this thread for a while.

You guys have been wonderful reading my plight.

Onward to CD2.........

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 11:19:31 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Ok I have to tell you guys this: Today fertility friend confirmed that I ovulated on May 14, I am now 3 DPO. I am so relieved! All month I have been worrying that maybe I don''t ovulate, not for any good reason, but I still worried. So it is such a load off my shoulders to see the bi-phasic temperature shift and to know that things are working properly!

Phew.

I am having the exact same, probably irrational concern. Well, we''ll just see!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, I totally know what you are talking about. According to FF, I ovulated on Thursday the 8th, and I''m now 9dpo? It was such a relief to see those crosshairs!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 12:22:54 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Ok I have to tell you guys this: Today fertility friend confirmed that I ovulated on May 14, I am now 3 DPO. I am so relieved! All month I have been worrying that maybe I don''t ovulate, not for any good reason, but I still worried. So it is such a load off my shoulders to see the bi-phasic temperature shift and to know that things are working properly!

Phew.

It is funny (not) that we all worry about this when there is no real reason... Indy are you using fertility friend to chart? It hasa programme that estimates the day you ovulated and I can''t tell you how relieved I feel to have that confirmation. Highly recommend it.

Amber you are only 6 days ahead of me! Did you do any BDing in the three days before O or the O day or the day after O? Is there a chance you are preggers?

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
lisa,

i''m sooo sorry to hear your news...sending lots of thoughts, hugs and prayers your way.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am very sorry to hear. I am sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, we did, BD around there, but I had thought my ovulation was on Friday, so we BDed on Thursday, but as we were both totally not feeling well, we''re pretty sure nothing happened. I''m totally okay with that, though. It''s been so freaking hot in LA lately, I''m rethinking my idea of being pregnant during the summer! If we do strike gold next cycle, the "larger" months would be during the end of fall/winter, so that''s a benefit. :) We''re just looking for a 2 bedroom home while we''re "waiting" until next cycle, so hopefully it all works out! How are you feeling?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you tiffany!

Date: 5/17/2008 12:02:48 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Ebree - You are so sweet. How are u feeling these days? Do u have a EDD yet

Lisa,

So far, feeling okay (except for the sore nips, headaches, and constipation). No m/s, just sort of queasy in the mornings, right before I get out of bed. My EDD, based on my ovulation date (thanks, FertilityFriend!) is January 17. Just taking it one day at a time.
2.gif

I hope you're feeling better. More hugs coming your way. And good luck to the girls in the 2WW! Amber, Dreamer and who else?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa,
So sorry to hear the bad news....
Thinking about you and wishing you luck with all the tests!!!
Hang in there!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
SBDA, SNLEE, LIA & EBREE

Needed those good vibes.

To everyone else best of luck this cycle so glad to hear about all the o and possible o.

My blood work came back good: CD3 - FSH, is 8 (anyhting below 10 good), Estradiol 20 (anything below 40 good).

However, thse tests are not the best evidence of good ovarian reserve, just indicator that I''m not on the cusp of menopause yet.

Will schedule HSG, Semen anyalsis and dh bloodwork tomorrow.

We''ll BD this month on our own and then go full into IUI next cycle.

Back to good ole'' OPK''s for now.

P5030025.PSGymboree.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
]Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear your news!
7.gif
But, you are one determined mama and Olivia will have a younger brother or sister soon enoug, I just know it!
36.gif
In the meantime, you can lean on us for support.
5.gif

BTW - Olivia is simply precious - what a doll!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 12:22:54 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Phew.

Ditto - I ovulated on Friday and this time, I was able to compare this month''s cycle with last month''s cycle and they are exactly the same. I ovulated on the same day AND for both cycels, I had a dip in my temp that day and then a rise afterwards. Plus, my OPK''s matched up with the day before I ovulated. It''s amazing!!
36.gif
The only thing I need to look for now is the lenght of my luteal phase if it''s under 10 days, I''m calling my doc. We''ll see...I have been taking the vitamin B6 which is supposed to help lengthen it, but I made need to use progesterone cream too.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, if it is any consolation Olivia is just the cutest thing EVER!!!! I love pictures of her, keep them coming!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results